• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What Happens One Hour After Drinking A Coke.

BarnacleBob

GIM Founding Member & Mod.
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
144329.jpeg

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I am cokeaholic/pepsiaholic, I have been coke/pepsi free for 28 years. :2 thumbs up:
Oh yeah, I used to be a coke fan, too. There's something about the way it burns going down. I think I've had maybe one in the past five years. That was one too many.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
OK you three knock it off! Tell me then what do you mix with your rum then, hummm?
My name is TAEZZAR, I am an alcoholic. I have been hard liquor free since 1983. no mo cuba libres fo me !!
Just a little berry juice now & then !! :secret:

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
OK you three knock it off! Tell me then what do you mix with your rum then, hummm?
I hate rum. I do like bourbon. Bourbon is best mixed with ice, but if you want to thin it out some, ginger ale works good. Water and lemon also is good with bourbon.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
The executives pushing this sick drug should be lined up against the wall and gunned down!

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
If you are diluting your alcohol it means you just don't want it bad enough, shortpants!!
Contrary to everything taught to you by companies that sell alcohol, and advice given by alcoholic friends/relatives/parents alcohol has only one purpose ~ to get you fucked up. There is no other reason to drink the shit.

The fastest way to get the maximum benefit from alcohol is to hammer the shit straight.

You're Welcome, I'm here to help! . :oriental:

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I only mix what I can't stand and chase what I can't have. Only in a bar will you find mix in my glass though there was that time the girl made them things that tasted like 50/50 ice cream bars.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Whatever happened to straight out of the bottle?
If you are diluting your alcohol it means you just don't want it bad enough, shortpants!!
Contrary to everything taught to you by companies that sell alcohol, and advice given by alcoholic friends/relatives/parents alcohol has only one purpose ~ to get you fucked up. There is no other reason to drink the shit.

The fastest way to get the maximum benefit from alcohol is to hammer the shit straight.

You're Welcome, I'm here to help! . :oriental:
Back in the '70's, I drank To-kill-ya (Tequila) straight out of the bottle.
I kept the bottle in the frig. It got the job done !

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Back in the '70's, I drank To-kill-ya (Tequila) straight out of the bottle.
I kept the bottle in the frig. It got the job done !
I mixed cold water with my Absinthe but only because that's how you drink it. You have to get that beautiful cloudy green fairy thing going on so the drugs hit you correctly, and in the right order.

:meditation:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
There's something about the way it burns going down.
HFCS is the reason. If you try the bottled coke from Mexico it's made the 'old way' with sugar. It doesn't have that 'burn' going down.

It's not as 'enjoyable' as canned coke.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
My coke intake is limited to when I have a coke and jack daniels, not that often

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
HFCS is the reason. If you try the bottled coke from Mexico it's made the 'old way' with sugar. It doesn't have that 'burn' going down.

It's not as 'enjoyable' as canned coke.
No kidding!? But, they put that stuff in Pepsi and RC, too and it doesn't burn like a coke. There's something different about coke, but I am sure it's not good for you. That's why I quit.

Krag

Planet earth
Platinum Bling
I don't go for soft drinks especially this type of poison; I had a Sprite for the first time in quite a while recently though. I know too many sick or disabled people, it is a living hell to have to go to the doctors and be pandered to and babied by sick care.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
I'm told by friends in the medical industry that the only soda that is half way safe to consume is Sprite Zero. Last year after my CABG, this was the only drink other than water or protein drinks the hospital allowed. I try to stay away from all sodas & beer, when I drink liquor its straight up or nothing at all.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I'm told by friends in the medical industry that the only soda that is half way safe to consume is Sprite Zero. Last year after my CABG, this was the only drink other than water or protein drinks the hospital allowed. I try to stay away from all sodas & beer, when I drink liquor its straight up or nothing at all.
Sprite Zero actually tastes pretty good.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Sprite Zero actually tastes pretty good.
I'll occasionally use sprite zero instead of water to cut 100% Pomegranite Juice just to drink something different. Maybe a 2 ltr. once every two or three months. But yea, its not to bad! :)

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I don't drink any more...Of course, I don't drink any less either.

I really do not care for the taste of any alcohol or the sensation/reaction of it going across my tongue or travelling down to my gut. I DO like the warming sensation after it hits my gut and the ensuing buzz.

I drink tequila mostly. Of course I am not really averse to other spirits. Like Taez says, tequila gets the job done. Cuervo Gold works for me. I usually shoot a double with some salt previous to shooting it.. Tunes me right up. Salt eases the taste. I keep whiskey around for medicinal purposes. I keep vodka around to work with some essential oils and make the occasional screwdriver, usually if I feel like maybe a cold is coming on. I maybe go through a fifth about every 3 to 5 years.

Beer is pretty much for cooking brats or batter for onion rings. I typically use Celebrator (long necks with a goat on a red thread hanging from bottle neck) It,s really a good dark German beer or I use a good dark bock like Beck's. I must admit that I do like Not Your Dad's Root Beer and the Angry Orchard.

Wine is, well...something to share with Mrs. Alton after a steak or Italian dinner. I like a dry wine, typically a Merlot or Cabernet. If the weather is cold and/or dank I prefer a brandy.

Mrs. Alton likes her Kahlua and cream or an occasional good Scotch. I never developed a taste for Scotch.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I don't drink any more...Of course, I don't drink any less either.

I really do not care for the taste of any alcohol or the sensation/reaction of it going across my tongue or travelling down to my gut. I DO like the warming sensation after it hits my gut and the ensuing buzz.

I drink tequila mostly. Of course I am not really averse to other spirits. Like Taez says, tequila gets the job done. Cuervo Gold works for me. I usually shoot a double with some salt previous to shooting it.. Tunes me right up. Salt eases the taste. I keep whiskey around for medicinal purposes. I keep vodka around to work with some essential oils and make the occasional screwdriver, usually if I feel like maybe a cold is coming on. I maybe go through a fifth about every 3 to 5 years.

Beer is pretty much for cooking brats or batter for onion rings. I typically use Celebrator (long necks with a goat on a red thread hanging from bottle neck) It,s really a good dark German beer or I use a good dark bock like Beck's. I must admit that I do like Not Your Dad's Root Beer and the Angry Orchard.

Wine is, well...something to share with Mrs. Alton after a steak or Italian dinner. I like a dry wine, typically a Merlot or Cabernet. If the weather is cold and/or dank I prefer a brandy.

Mrs. Alton likes her Kahlua and cream or an occasional good Scotch. I never developed a taste for Scotch.
If you're ever getting a cold, or end up with an upper respiratory flu, try this little recipe: 1) four shots of bourbon; I like Makers Mark, 2) two tablespoons of pure, raw honey, 3) 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger, 4) juice from 1/2 a lemon. Shake it all up and sip it down. It's hot, but if you're sick, it tastes wonderful. About a year and a half ago, I had one helluva UR infection. Drank up a batch of this stuff and woke up the next morning in soaking wet sheets and pillows with my fever gone.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Mojito for the Rum fans...
Ingredients:
  1. 10 fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish.
  2. 2 ounces (4 tablespoons) white rum.
  3. 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice.
  4. 2-3 teaspoons honey simple syrup (see below), to taste.
  5. ice.
  6. club soda.
mojito-recipe - Gimme Some Oven
I'm on the wagon for 7-8 years, but I want to try this one day. Screw sodas.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
If you're ever getting a cold, or end up with an upper respiratory flu, try this little recipe: 1) four shots of bourbon; I like Makers Mark, 2) two tablespoons of pure, raw honey, 3) 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger, 4) juice from 1/2 a lemon. Shake it all up and sip it down. It's hot, but if you're sick, it tastes wonderful. About a year and a half ago, I had one helluva UR infection. Drank up a batch of this stuff and woke up the next morning in soaking wet sheets and pillows with my fever gone.
That sounds like a variant of the Hot Toddie! They work really well to sweat the germs outta ya!

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Crossfit says all soda is crap...https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...4a123c359ab_story.html?utm_term=.d6768e67199c For Glassman, his visit to Taylor and his denunciation of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) are part of a very specific agenda: He is at war with America’s soda industry, which he accuses of corrupting the science around sugar while acting as an enemy to the general health of the country. The NSCA — which licenses physical trainers and is thus something of a competitor to CrossFit — was the starting point for his crusade, as well as its original target: The group publishes a journal that, several years ago, featured a study with a negative statistic about CrossFit injury rates; Glassman in turn discovered that the NSCA was partly funded by soda industry money. His indignation over this has now spiraled into a full-fledged war against Big Soda.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter

bulloncoins

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Me and my RC....but not that often. Keep them in the fridge for when the mood hits me. Drink more hot tea these days.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'll occasionally use sprite zero instead of water to cut 100% Pomegranite Juice just to drink something different. Maybe a 2 ltr. once every two or three months. But yea, its not to bad! :)
I've been drinking carbonated ZERO water, the blackberry/Raspberry flavored, from Safeway & Wally's mart shit hole, it has nothing in it, so they claim. How do they flavor it then ??

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
149947.jpg