• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

WHAT IF the Earth was Actually Flat?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lets discuss an experiment. I am a land surveyor believe it or not haha. The very definition of which is to measure the surface of the earth.

If you are being honest about conducting an experiment, do something like what this guy did.
Except use a car so you can go further and therefore calculate a more accurate number.
...and any word yet on those missing buildings in downtown Chicago?

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
flatEarth2.jpg

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
From your images I can see you aren't a Flat Earther Eric.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
A 6 foot tall human standing on a shoreline can see a mere 3 miles out to sea...if that human is on the surface of a spheroid that's 24,901 miles in circumference. Beyond 3 miles the surface of a spheroid would have to curve away from the observer by 72 inches...yet humans can see much further...particularly with modern optics.

It's a verifiable fact supported by mathematics and simple experiment. Sorry to break it to you guys, but Earth is not a spheroid 7917.5 miles in diameter and the proof is easily obtainable. Doesn't mean Earth is flat, but it does mean Earth is not a gas covered spinning water pear held together by grabbiton fairy dust 24,901 miles in circumference. This topic doesn't go away because anyone with a few hundred bucks(for a super zoom camera), transportation, and a calculator can disprove mainstream ball Earth theory.

1637384325827.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Beyond 3 miles the surface of a spheroid would have to curve away from the observer by 72 inches...yet humans can see much further...particularly with modern optics.

Yet you never consider that the things being seen are typically much taller than 72 inches.
Like ships. Or mountains or even buildings. Like in the case of your so called "flat Earth proof pic" of Chicago that cognitive dissonance now prevents you from seeing. Lol

@Silvergun , can you still see it? You tried to say it proves me wrong, but quit commenting on it once I pointed out all the missing buildings due them not being tall enough to be seen over the horizon that's comprised of water conforming to the surface of a sphere approx 8000 miles in diameter.

Lol

Last edited:

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
A 6 foot tall human standing on a shoreline can see a mere 3 miles out to sea...if that human is on the surface of a spheroid that's 24,901 miles in circumference. Beyond 3 miles the surface of a spheroid would have to curve away from the observer by 72 inches...yet humans can see much further...particularly with modern optics.

It's a verifiable fact supported by mathematics and simple experiment. Sorry to break it to you guys, but Earth is not a spheroid 7917.5 miles in diameter and the proof is easily obtainable. Doesn't mean Earth is flat, but it does mean Earth is not a gas covered spinning water pear held together by grabbiton fairy dust 24,901 miles in circumference. This topic doesn't go away because anyone with a few hundred bucks(for a super zoom camera), transportation, and a calculator can disprove mainstream ball Earth theory.

View attachment 233231
I don't see any numbers or stats to go with your picture. Not really seeing much to your argument here unless you can provide some basic specific details.

Sorry, the Earth has curvature even though your clouded mind will automatically ignore all evidence for it.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see any numbers or stats to go with your picture. Not really seeing much to your argument here unless you can provide some basic specific details.
That will happen when one ignores that which is contrary to one's belief structures. You quoted numbers and details and I've provided them throughout this thread.
All the globe believers have to do is demonstrate curved water and 100% of the flat Earthers will disappear overnight.

(Miles*Miles)*8 = expected drop due to curvature in inches on the surface of a spheroid 7917 miles in diameter. This should be easy for people that believe in globe science. Simply go prove that the surface of the ocean is curved in a manner consistent with the surface of a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference. A mile marker on a buoy just 1 mile away must drop 8 inches. 2 miles away from an observer a buoy must drop 32 inches.

3 miles = 72"(6 feet)
4 miles = 128"(10.7 feet)
5 miles = 200"(16.7 feet)
6 miles = 288"(24 feet)
7 miles = 392"(32.7 feet)
8 miles = 512"(42.7 feet)
9 miles = 648"(54 feet)

10 miles of lake or ocean surface must vary by 798 inches(66.5 feet) end to end. So does it? Do these numbers match up with what we observe on Earth? Can one see objects 10 miles away over water?

The answer is...of course, absolutely yes, one can see objects well past 10 miles over water...despite the fact that said objects should be 66 feet under water from your perspective. How is it possible to see so far over water if the water is wrapped around the surface of a spinning space pear 25k miles in circumference?

All one gets from globe believers are ridicule and excuses where there should be concrete evidence backed up by mathematics. The maths are real simple here. Just prove the surface of lakes and oceans are convex.

Sorry, the Earth has curvature even though your clouded mind will automatically ignore all evidence for it.
I didn't say it did not have curvature...I said it does not have curvature consistent with the external surface of a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference. You're the one ignoring falsifying evidence to discuss your gravitational theories that you admit you cannot prove to support a spinning water pear Earth model that you cannot independently verify. Show me the evidence for bendy water. Prove the surface of the ocean displays convexity consistent with the exterior surface of a spheroid 7917 miles in diameter. Gas pressure without a container? Faith in gravity magic again? The entire model is held together by a couple provably wrong fairy tale gravitational theories we're all supposed to accept on faith.

The problem with the silly spinning space fruit model is that any and all so called "evidence" cannot be independently verified. Rather, one must accept the gospel of the priests of scientism. Legitimate independent research quickly calls the model into question and reveals it as little more than a religious belief.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
You're the one ignoring falsifying evidence
No, that would be you ignoring falsifying evidence.

I find it astounding that you demand to see the very evidence that you yourself have previously posted, yet now are utterly incapable of seeing!

This pic shows the exact amount of curvature of the Earth's surface that you are claiming does not exist.

Willis Tower 2665-2.jpg

Thete's gotta be a word that describes the level of, ....is it ignorance?
edited to add: or perhaps it's called, dishonesty?

Last edited:

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You quoted numbers and details and I've provided them throughout this thread.

Your statement:
A 6 foot tall human standing on a shoreline can see a mere 3 miles out to sea

Fails to make any mention of how high up from the shore the person taking the photo was standing. Very obviously they are up on an embankment. It is clearly evident in that picture that the person who took it was not standing right at the shore. Hence there is missing information that you failed to include with your argument.

As far as water being curved, if the Earth is curved the water would have to be to. I know if I travel far enough to experience 5 degrees of curvature that I will need to adjust my telescope exactly 5 degrees. Even though the water there is just as level as the water from where I came from.

You're the one ignoring falsifying evidence to discuss your gravitational theories that you admit you cannot prove to support a spinning water pear Earth model that you cannot independently verify.
What falsifying evidence is it that I am ignoring?

Gas pressure without a container?

You do know that pressure goes down as you increase in altitude, right? This is very easy to verify. Is it not obvious that eventually the pressure gets extremely low when you go high enough?

Oh look, gas next to the vacuum of space that anyone who wants can observe:
Jupiter-2019-07-12-anim4.gif

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
No, that would be you ignoring falsifying evidence.

I find it astounding that you demand to see the very evidence that you yourself have previously posted, yet now are utterly incapable of seeing!

This pic shows the exact amount of curvature of the Earth's surface that you are claiming does not exist.

View attachment 233326

Thete's gotta be a word that describes the level of, ....is it ignorance?
Clearly that image shows evidence of water curving at exactly the expected amount. Watch your image get completely ignored again.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

At this point in my life, it would make little difference to me but given that there's some great theories in place today for why the Earth is round I'll stick with that until I see same really good reason to change my mind.

Start with this one...
If we believe what we've seen during the hundreds of years looking through our telescopes are other planets, why would all those planets be round but Earth be flat?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Fails to make any mention of how high up from the shore the person taking the photo was standing. Very obviously they are up on an embankment. It is clearly evident in that picture that the person who took it was not standing right at the shore. Hence there is missing information that you failed to include with your argument.

As far as water being curved, if the Earth is curved the water would have to be to. I know if I travel far enough to experience 5 degrees of curvature that I will need to adjust my telescope exactly 5 degrees. Even though the water there is just as level as the water from where I came from.
S-h-o-r-e-l-i-n-e. A 6ft individual standing on a SHORELINE can see only 3 miles. It's simple maths, as are the effects of altitude(square root of altitude*1.225. The reason you guys make so many "arguments" about a bunch of stuff that cannot be independently verified + promote a false dichotomy about the shape of Earth is because your own theory of Earth's shape is not independently verifiable...though it is easily disproven. Instead you cite your pseudoscientific religious beliefs as your "evidence" ...seemingly not even understanding the difference between science and faith based arguments.

"The surface of the Eath's lakes and oceans are convex...because my religious beliefs require it to be so..." ROFL Get back to me when you measure 8 inches per mile/mile of bendy water. The Suez Canal is a great example of 120 miles of continuous "bendy water". Expected drop of 115,200 inches(9600 feet).
What falsifying evidence is it that I am ignoring?
How about the fact that both your mainstream gravitational theories(that you pretend are one theory) have been proven wrong? Why was dark matter invented again? lol EIGHTY-EIGHT years and your priests of scientism still can't fix the largest screw up in the history of science...which is of course trying to use your gravity god to measure expected mass.

"Oops...off by 120 orders of magnitude...oh well we'd better invent some more fake stuff else we'll have to admit our gravity magic theories are wrong."
You do know that pressure goes down as you increase in altitude, right? This is very easy to verify. Is it not obvious that eventually the pressure gets extremely low when you go high enough?
Which is not proof of the absence of a container. ROFL Do we need to discuss the meaning of the word P-R-O-O-F now? Suppose you show evidence of something? Any verifiable models of a vacuum existing in direct contact with a pressurized gas? No is it? You merely assume it's so because, once again, your belief structure requires it to be so.

So to sum it up here, you've no demonstrable proof that gas can be stuck to the exterior surface of a spinning water ball, no proof of gas pressure existing in the absence of a container, no proof of a vacuum existing in direct contact with a pressurized gas, no proof that your gravity god isn't a complete fraud. The message to ball Earth proponents is very clear...

Trust the pseudoscience! Don't try to independently verify anything...instead take it on faith that our priests of scientism wouldn't lie to you!

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
"The surface of the Eath's lakes and oceans are convex...because my religious beliefs require it to be so..."

Who the fuck are you quoting?

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

At this point in my life, it would make little difference to me but given that there's some great theories in place today for why the Earth is round I'll stick with that until I see same really good reason to change my mind.

Start with this one...
If we believe what we've seen during the hundreds of years looking through our telescopes are other planets, why would all those planets be round but Earth be flat?
Are you an idiot? They aren't round, they are a FLAT CIRCLE, lol.

As one of my favorite scientists said, "keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out."

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Who the fuck are you quoting?
That's your only fucking response? LMAO
As far as water being curved, if the Earth is curved the water would have to be to.
Better? It means precisely the same thing BTW, save that you erroneously believe your religious beliefs are based in science.

Humans have never seen another planet like Earth. There is zero proof that life exists anywhere save Earth...so Earth is, by definition, unique as far as we know. Rather than simply assuming the home of every human or animal that has ever been born is just like a near infinite number of other planets, wouldn't it be better to simply apply scientific methodology to the ground beneath our own feet? Why not simply check to see if observation matches theory?

How about a physical model of ball Earth rotating in a vacuum? Nope...gravity magic doesn't allow for it.
How about measuring the bendy water? Nope...let's just assume water is bendy because we need to assume it.
How about modeling a pressurized ball existing in direct contact with a vacuum? Nope...that only works with gravity magic.

If Earth were an air covered water pear 24.9k miles in circumference spinning 1037mph and traveling at 1.88m mph through a vast cosmos...you'd not need to simply take it on faith, you'd be able to independently verify such with legitimate science. Assuming Earth is just like every other alleged planet in the night sky is like assuming a pool table must be curved because the pool balls are. It's not the least bit scientific.

Mainstream ball Earth theory is a religious belief based upon zero independently verifiable scientific evidence.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Better? It means precisely the same thing BTW, save that you erroneously believe your religious beliefs are based in science.

Humans have never seen another planet like Earth. There is zero proof that life exists anywhere save Earth...so Earth is, by definition, unique as far as we know. Rather than simply assuming the home of every human or animal that has ever been born is just like a near infinite number of other planets, wouldn't it be better to simply apply scientific methodology to the ground beneath our own feet? Why not simply check to see if observation matches theory?

How about a physical model of ball Earth rotating in a vacuum? Nope...gravity magic doesn't allow for it.
How about measuring the bendy water? Nope...let's just assume water is bendy because we need to assume it.
How about modeling a pressurized ball existing in direct contact with a vacuum? Nope...that only works with gravity magic.

If Earth were an air covered water pear 24.9k miles in circumference spinning 1037mph and traveling at 1.88m mph through a vast cosmos...you'd not need to simply take it on faith, you'd be able to independently verify such with legitimate science. Assuming Earth is just like every other alleged planet in the night sky is like assuming a pool table must be curved because the pool balls are. It's not the least bit scientific.

Mainstream ball Earth theory is a religious belief based upon zero independently verifiable scientific evidence.
Like I said, if it turns out the Earth is flat, no skin off my nose. I got no dog in this fight!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said, if it turns out the Earth is flat, no skin off my nose. I got no dog in this fight!
I don't see how. If Earth is flat, then it likely means there's direct evidence of a creator and that our entire history is a complete lie even with regard to things people believe to be fundamental. The questions about why we're here and who created us would again be on the rise...which is likely why we've all been taught that we're deluxe ape men created by random chance and existing on a spinning mud ball hurtling recklessly through a vast cosmos filled with billions of other mud balls exactly like this one.

It'd change everything...imo.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Reactions: Zed

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
those of us that bowl at an alley using a round ball have to navigate whilst sailing or flying use sets of constellations that are quite different between the northern and southern hemispheres

how does that reconcile with the non-edge flat earth propaganda?

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Sure. I don't owe you anything.

You know nothing about my religious beliefs. You seem to make a lot of assumptions.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Space station astronaut captures breathtaking view of the edge of the Earth

European Space Agency astronaut Thomas Pesquet delivers a knockout image from the ISS cupola.

If the state of the planet is getting you down or you're just terrified that ducks can now speak human words, then I advise you to stop what you're doing for a few moments and gaze in awe at this photo by Thomas Pesquet, a French astronaut currently residing inside the International Space Station.

Pesquet, an engineer with the European Space Agency, is one of the members of the SpaceX Crew-2 mission and member of NASA's Expedition 65, which launched to the station in April. It's his second spaceflight and he's become known around these parts for delivering some absolutely surreal images of our home planet.

This may be his best yet.

Snapped from the cupola of the ISS, Pesquet's view of the Earth sees city lights "battle it out" with the light from distant stars. The orange band around the Earth is, according to astronomer Juan Carlos Munoz, the emission of sodium atoms, approximately 90 kilometers above Earth's surface.

There's also a faint green band just beyond it if you squint hard enough -- that's created by oxygen atoms being excited.

spacestation view of earth.jpg

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Space station astronaut captures breathtaking view of the edge of the Earth

European Space Agency astronaut Thomas Pesquet delivers a knockout image from the ISS cupola.

If the state of the planet is getting you down or you're just terrified that ducks can now speak human words, then I advise you to stop what you're doing for a few moments and gaze in awe at this photo by Thomas Pesquet, a French astronaut currently residing inside the International Space Station.

Pesquet, an engineer with the European Space Agency, is one of the members of the SpaceX Crew-2 mission and member of NASA's Expedition 65, which launched to the station in April. It's his second spaceflight and he's become known around these parts for delivering some absolutely surreal images of our home planet.

This may be his best yet.

Snapped from the cupola of the ISS, Pesquet's view of the Earth sees city lights "battle it out" with the light from distant stars. The orange band around the Earth is, according to astronomer Juan Carlos Munoz, the emission of sodium atoms, approximately 90 kilometers above Earth's surface.

There's also a faint green band just beyond it if you squint hard enough -- that's created by oxygen atoms being excited.

View attachment 233377

Ya see! That's as flat as my woodwork! and we all know it's not humanly possible to get flatter than that!

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Testimony: Major Brian Shul SAF Proves the earth is FLAT in a SR71​

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I can't understand why intelligent people respond seriously to this dumb sh!t.
I think it's the innocent and compassionate heart thinking there is a chance, albeit a minute one, that they might be serious and have a glimmer of a speck of hope that if they try one more time to patiently explain the myriad of objectivity existing phenomenon that definitely prove a round planet beyond any shadow of doubt, they may finally gain that excruciatingly much needed access to the rest of their brains.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Show me the evidence for bendy water.

You already did in one of the other nonsense threads. Lol

100_2665.jpg

That's a picture of the Chicago skyline as seen from Indiana dunes state park. It's a 50 mile drive and roughly 30 miles as the crow flies.

Either that's proof of bendy water, or you need be able to explain why we cannot see some of the buildings in downtown Chicago.

Something is blocking the view of ground level Chicago.
How does flat Earth propaganda explain it?

Earlier in the thread you accused others of ignoring falsifying data.
....but it is really you who is doing that.

How can you even begin to be taken seriously when you are clearly incapable of doing the very thing you are demanding of others?

You're the one ignoring falsifying evidence

^^^^^ Willful blindness.

You do know that pressure goes down as you increase in altitude, right?
Apparently some people do, and some don't.

This is very easy to verify.
Obviously not for everyone. Lol

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Show me this bendy water.

Water Meniscus​

A meniscus is a curve in the surface of a molecular substance (water, of course) when it touches another material. With water, you can think of it as when water sticks to the inside of a glass.

What is a meniscus?​

A meniscus is a curve in the surface of a molecular substance (water, of course) when it touches another material. With water, you can think of it as when water sticks to the inside of a glass.

Why a meniscus occurs​

Adhesion is responsible for a meniscus and this has to do in part with water's fairly high surface tension. Water molecules are attracted to the molecules in the wall of the glass beaker. And since water molecules like to stick together, when the molecules touching the glass cling to it, other water molecules cling to the molecules touching the glass, forming the meniscus. They'll travel up the glass as far as water's cohesive forces will allow them, until gravity prevents them from going further. Cohesion is an intermolecular attraction between like molecules (other water molecules in this case).

Glass cylinder with water in it, showing the meniscus along the glass walls

Sad tale of a meniscus misread​

Few people take the time to consider the importance of water menisci in their lives. But, imagine this chilling scenario:
In your high-school chemistry final exam you mistakenly read a meniscus as 21.9 milliliters (ml) instead of the correct 21.7 ml (in this picture), and thus you get an 89 on the test instead of a 90. Your GPA falls from 4.00 to 3.99 and you don't get into that engineering college program you wanted. Consequently, you don't get that prestigious engineering job, where, 20 years later, you would have invented a new water-based chemical to allow rubber to grip better. Sadly, 10 years later, a mother and her adorable 4-year old daughter are leaving the ice cream store and the little girl, whose shoes don't have your un-invented coating, slips on a napkin and drops her ice cream cone. She cries at her loss ... because you misread the meniscus in the 12th grade.
The moral of this fictional tale is that it is important to read the measurement correctly, and yes, in the picture above, the true volume in the graduated cylinder is at the bottom of the water level—21.7 milliliters, not 21.9.

Water has an upward meniscus, mercury has a downward meniscus.
As you can see here, a water meniscus is concave and a mercury meniscus is convex.

"Upside down" meniscus​

As this picture shows, a meniscus can go up or down. It all depends on if the molecules of the liquid are more attracted to the outside material or to themselves. A concave meniscus, which is what you normally will see, occurs when the molecules of the liquid are attracted to those of the container. This occurs with water and a glass tube. A convex meniscus occurs when the molecules have a stronger attraction to each other than to the container, as with mercury and glass. A flat meniscus occurs with water in some types of plastic tubes; tubes made out of material that water does not stick to. In any case, you get the true volume of the liquid by reading the center of the liquid in the tube, which will the lowest vertical point of the liquid.

It's a verifiable fact supported by mathematics and simple experiment. Sorry to break it to you guys, but Earth is not a spheroid 7917.5 miles in diameter and the proof is easily obtainable.

Lol
20211121_021018.gif

Ironpig

Firefighters
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Testimony: Major Brian Shul SAF Proves the earth is FLAT in a SR71​

Unfortunately this is a reach as the major is actually telling a sort of funny story.
I would imagine he was setting up his story a bit after flying the large loop he described.
His story was about hearing atc traffic from way down below at maybe 5000 feet.
They heard folks talking and looking for wind speed weather etc They remarked that they heard a "fast mover" presumably trying to one up the lower traffic by announcing his altitude and speed.
So the major and his co pilot rolled their eyes and decided to rattle off their height and speed obviously shocking the pilots below. That's the quick version.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I don't see how. If Earth is flat, then it likely means there's direct evidence of a creator and that our entire history is a complete lie even with regard to things people believe to be fundamental. The questions about why we're here and who created us would again be on the rise...which is likely why we've all been taught that we're deluxe ape men created by random chance and existing on a spinning mud ball hurtling recklessly through a vast cosmos filled with billions of other mud balls exactly like this one.

It'd change everything...imo.

We had a little event around about 3 to 5 thousand years ago where this rogue comet wandered through the planets stealing all of Mars water and then dumping it on Earth. It is now called Venus and has settled into a stable orbit around the Sun.

That did change everything.

Velikovsky wrote about it.

McCanney provides the science of how it happened. The comet tail is a discharge of the sun's electrical field and acts as a drag on the motion of any comet. Causing them to slow down and circularize their orbit and become another member of our solar system.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Water Meniscus​

What is a meniscus?​

Why a meniscus occurs​

Adhesion is responsible for a meniscus and this has to do in part with water's fairly high surface tension. Water molecules are attracted to the molecules in the wall of the glass beaker. And since water molecules like to stick together, when the molecules touching the glass cling to it, other water molecules cling to the molecules touching the glass, forming the meniscus. They'll travel up the glass as far as water's cohesive forces will allow them, until gravity prevents them from going further. Cohesion is an intermolecular attraction between like molecules (other water molecules in this case).

Glass cylinder with water in it, showing the meniscus along the glass walls

Sad tale of a meniscus misread​

Few people take the time to consider the importance of water menisci in their lives. But, imagine this chilling scenario:
In your high-school chemistry final exam you mistakenly read a meniscus as 21.9 milliliters (ml) instead of the correct 21.7 ml (in this picture), and thus you get an 89 on the test instead of a 90. Your GPA falls from 4.00 to 3.99 and you don't get into that engineering college program you wanted. Consequently, you don't get that prestigious engineering job, where, 20 years later, you would have invented a new water-based chemical to allow rubber to grip better. Sadly, 10 years later, a mother and her adorable 4-year old daughter are leaving the ice cream store and the little girl, whose shoes don't have your un-invented coating, slips on a napkin and drops her ice cream cone. She cries at her loss ... because you misread the meniscus in the 12th grade.
The moral of this fictional tale is that it is important to read the measurement correctly, and yes, in the picture above, the true volume in the graduated cylinder is at the bottom of the water level—21.7 milliliters, not 21.9.

Water has an upward meniscus, mercury has a downward meniscus.
As you can see here, a water meniscus is concave and a mercury meniscus is convex.

"Upside down" meniscus​

As this picture shows, a meniscus can go up or down. It all depends on if the molecules of the liquid are more attracted to the outside material or to themselves. A concave meniscus, which is what you normally will see, occurs when the molecules of the liquid are attracted to those of the container. This occurs with water and a glass tube. A convex meniscus occurs when the molecules have a stronger attraction to each other than to the container, as with mercury and glass. A flat meniscus occurs with water in some types of plastic tubes; tubes made out of material that water does not stick to. In any case, you get the true volume of the liquid by reading the center of the liquid in the tube, which will the lowest vertical point of the liquid.

Lol
View attachment 233400
So your assertion is that the surface of the world's ocean is allegedly convex due to surface tension? Are you suggesting sir, that mainstream gravitational theory is WRONG?!? That what humans describe as "gravity" is actually electrical in nature?!?

ZOMG, It appears we have someone thinking for themselves here!

See now, if ballers would just drop this ridiculous grabbiton fairy magic never ending theory tale(s) and begin addressing the source of Earth's magnetic field as well as explain why electrical potential changes with altitude, perhaps we could begin to find some common ground. Instead ballers insist on clinging to a couple of provably wrong centuries old gravitational theories they pretend are one and claim they'll some day figure out how it(they) work. They even invent new shit constantly to deny all falsifying evidence that refutes their grabbity god's existence.

...and btw...no, the allegedly bendy oceans are not caused by surface tension. Allegedly only powerful graviton fairy magic has the ability to bend hundreds of quintillions of gallons of water around the exterior surface of a spinning space pear. ...and no, don't ask for proof that that's possible as it relies solely on faith in the all mighty grabbity god.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Where does space actually begin? What does it actually mean to be "in space"? ...apparently not much of anything, as no human has ever been there.

Originally "outer space" was defined by the claims of one Theodore von Kármán in the 1900s ...hence the Kármán line...which is about 50 miles up...though this is apparently flexible and is sometimes cited as up to 62 miles up. Today's more "enlightened" priests of scientism claim that's wrong and instead say "outer space" begins around 100 miles up(Neil DeGasBag Tyson), though NOAA.gov cites 73 miles up as the beginning of "outer space".

Today if you ask google you can find all kinds of wild answers to such a simple question. Many allege even that officially "space/time" doesn't even "officially" begin until 390,000 miles out! ...like well outside the moon's alleged orbit! The moon is literally WITHIN Earth's alleged "air sphere"! ...as are geostationary/geosynchronous satellites(22,236 miles).

1637508633282.png

Gosh, it's almost as though these priests of scientism assholes are just making shit up. Doesn't seem like they actually "know" shit. Wouldn't it be cool if they'd stop pretending as though they do? One would expect such a simple question to have a definitive answer...unlike hard questions like...can one see stars in space?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Makes one wonder if grabbiton fairy magic actually works that far from the surface of the rotating space fruit Earth. I mean, allegedly satellites in geostationary orbit(22,236 miles) are allegedly maintaining their location(falling constantly around the Earth) due to centripetal vs grabbiton "forces"(not forces), so it seems the so called "air sphere" is maintaining synchronicity with Earth's alleged core 22,236 miles. One wonders if grabbiton fairy magic is able to continue that impressive feat all the way out to 390,000 miles...or if the little grabbiton unicorns get too tired.

...and if the moon is allegedly within Earth's alleged "air sphere" wouldn't the grabbiton unicorns serving the moon interfere with the grabbiton unicorns serving the Earth? Do they like one another? Is there a grabbiton unicorn labor union to resolve these potential conflicts? Man...so many questions!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited: