• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

GIM Funding Drive. next weekend only Feb 4, 5,6

Fri thru Sunday only

WHAT IF the Earth was Actually Flat?

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This means that we can use our stick and its shadow, combined with our knowledge of our latitude, to measure the tilt of the Earth!
How's that? It's pretty simple. All you have to do is measure what length your shadow is from a vertical object over the course of a day.

Measure the tilt of the Earth today!​

A person without a shadow should keep out of the sun, that is the only safe and rational plan. -Adelbert von Chamisso
A few years ago, there was a rumor going around that the Earth's axis had shifted, and that we were no longer inclined to the Sun at 23.5°.

Well, guess what? Today, June 21st, like most June 21sts, is the Summer Solstice for the Northern Hemisphere. This means, for everyone (like me) living North of the Tropic of Cancer, this is the one day of the year where the Sun reaches its absolute highest point in the sky.

(If you're South of the Tropic of Capricorn, this will apply to you on December 21st.)
This is particularly interesting, because not only do you receive the greatest amount of daylight on the Summer Solstice, but because the Sun reaches its highest point in the sky, shadows of completely vertical objects reach their shortest length at (astronomical) noon on this day, as opposed to any other.

Back in ancient times, this idea that different latitudes had shadows of different lengths allowed us to measure the circumference of Earth for the first time.

But we know the size of Earth quite well now, and we're also pros at measuring latitude and longitude.

This means that we can use our stick and its shadow, combined with our knowledge of our latitude, to measure the tilt of the Earth!
How's that? It's pretty simple. All you have to do is measure what length your shadow is from a vertical object over the course of a day.

You'll find one point -- that corresponds to astronomical noon -- where the shadow is shorter than all others. If you use a little geometry, you'll realize you know the length of the shadow and the actual height of the stick, and so can figure out what angle the Sun is at when it reaches its highest point during the solstice.

And that's it! Just subtract this angle from your latitude and you've measured the Earth's axial tilt! This is probably the easiest way to do it, and it works for everyone North of 23.5°. (Or, it would if we all had a sunny day!) And don't worry too hard if you missed today; you'll get some really close answers if you do it any time this week!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
...and refraction is again "switched off" by ball theorists. Guys want to toss out all the observational evidence due to alleged "refractive" influence, and then turn right around and ignore it in models you claim "prove stuff".

Yes, we all know the fairy tale. An alleged human who is alleged to have lived from 276bc to 194bc named Eratosthenes, after first assuming Earth to be spherical, allegedly put some sticks in the ground hundreds of miles apart and allegedly "measured" the Earth. It's a lovely fairy tale. Unfortunately it's rather short on detail, long on assumption, and short on scientific control. For instance, even assuming the fairy tale is accurate, how does one, in 200bc collect data in a timely fashion when said data is allegedly being generated hundreds of miles apart? Cell phones? Why begin with the assumption that Earth is a sphere at all? That seems wildly unscientific to me.

You believe what you believe because you have a stack of allegedly accurate data from sources you trust. You assume the sun must be 93m miles away and 864k miles in diameter because those answers are what result in a passing grade in state sponsored fool skool. Your own eyes, however will tell you something very different, yet you do not accept that data.

Are you aware that if the sun is not assumed to be 93m miles away and is not assumed to be 864k miles in diameter that precisely the same results with shadows can be achieved on an infinite plane? For instance, if the sun were 3728.23 miles from Earth and 31.69 miles in diameter, one would get precisely the same shadow results. Pity then that we all "know" so many things without actually observing, for our selves, any of it isn't it?

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
...and refraction is again "switched off" by ball theorists. Guys want to toss out all the observational evidence due to alleged "refractive" influence, and then turn right around and ignore it in models you claim "prove stuff".

Yes, we all know the fairy tale. An alleged human who is alleged to have lived from 276bc to 194bc named Eratosthenes, after first assuming Earth to be spherical, allegedly put some sticks in the ground hundreds of miles apart and allegedly "measured" the Earth. It's a lovely fairy tale. Unfortunately it's rather short on detail, long on assumption, and short on scientific control. For instance, even assuming the fairy tale is accurate, how does one, in 200bc collect data in a timely fashion when said data is allegedly being generated hundreds of miles apart? Cell phones? Why begin with the assumption that Earth is a sphere at all? That seems wildly unscientific to me.

You believe what you believe because you have a stack of allegedly accurate data from sources you trust. You assume the sun must be 93m miles away and 864k miles in diameter because those answers are what result in a passing grade in state sponsored fool skool. Your own eyes, however will tell you something very different, yet you do not accept that data.

Are you aware that if the sun is not assumed to be 93m miles away and is not assumed to be 864k miles in diameter that precisely the same results with shadows can be achieved on an infinite plane? For instance, if the sun were 3728.23 miles from Earth and 31.69 miles in diameter, one would get precisely the same shadow results. Pity then that we all "know" so many things without actually observing, for our selves, any of it isn't it?

Refraction occurs when light passes through a gradient field. Light from above is passing through a planar path, not a gradient path.

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1638488504181.jpg

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Let me ask you something Mr. misty, and I hope you'll actually address this point. Of all of the assumptions necessary to "believe" in the Eratosthenes "proof" that Earth is a spheroid 25k miles in circumference only *ONE* thing can be independently verified by anyone on Earth. That being the shape of the ground upon which we walk and or the shape of the water upon which we sail.

Wouldn't it make more sense...from an objective scientific standpoint to simply begin from a basis founded upon that which you can independently verify for yourself? ...and then extrapolate the organization of the cosmos from there? Rather than doing the opposite using a bunch of data handed to you by government sources and assuming that data to be accurate? ...to argue that due to that allegedly accurate data the shape of the ground upon which you walk you is allegedly curved?

You cannot independently verify the distance to the sun. You cannot independently verify the size of the sun. Therefore you cannot independently verify the size of the Earth using data you cannot independently verify. Instead I suggest you formulate a cosmology based upon that which you can independently verify...and that means ensuring that Earth is a spheroid first and foremost.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Refraction occurs when light passes through a gradient field. Light from above is passing through a planar path, not a gradient path.
lolwut?

Refraction of light occurs when it passes through differing mediums...with differing densities and therefore differing indexes of refraction. ...the air sphere allegedly has precisely that with differing temperatures throughout and therefore differing densities...varied boundary layers...and therefore refraction.

The trouble with ball Earth theorists is they constantly wish to scream refraction to ignore observational evidence and then dispose of the concept whenever their own models do not benefit from said refractive models. Again, refraction is not some spooky concepts thinly understood...it's very well understood, demonstrated, and accounted for.

1639768630491.png

1639768649509.png

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
lolwut?

Refraction of light occurs when it passes through differing mediums...with differing densities and therefore differing indexes of refraction. ...the air sphere allegedly has precisely that with differing temperatures throughout and therefore differing densities...varied boundary layers...and therefore refraction.

The trouble with ball Earth theorists is they constantly wish to scream refraction to ignore observational evidence and then dispose of the concept whenever their own models do not benefit from said refractive models. Again, refraction is not some spooky concepts thinly understood...it's very well understood, demonstrated, and accounted for.

View attachment 237238
View attachment 237239

I am talking about light that is parallel to the normal direction

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1639834955852.png

The very first question in the interview is about "at what altitude does the atmosphere stop spinning"(to meet with the alleged vacuum of space/time). This begins at 5:25 of the video above.

The second question begins at 10:25 and involves the obvious lie that the alleged spinning of Earth on its alleged axis + the alleged journey of Earth around the sun every 365 would not be perceived by humans on Earth as acceleration and deceleration.

1639835805502.png

1639836063121.png

1639836184202.png

1639836571494.png

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Educated idiot lacking critical thinking skills destroyed in seconds by common sense.

1639838898627.png

Interviewer: How do humans on Earth NOT experience acceleration/deceleration due to the rotation of the planet combined with the movement of the Earth around the sun?

Educated idiot: Duh...gravity?

1639839187939.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I'd show you evidence that you're wrong BB...based upon experiment by nobel prize winner Albert A Michelson and Edward W Morley in their attempt to prove that Earth is in motion using interferometry, but sadly rather than simply accepting their "null" result as evidence that Earth DOES NOT MOVE, history was soon re-written by a pretender posing as a scientist named Albert Einstein who "rescued" science by claiming that the experiment proved only that the aether does not exist and that "all motion is relative".

Einstein's disastrous gibberish has been damaging genuine scientific advancement ever since. To the point now where people claim...with a straight face that "gravitational waves" propagate at light speed through "empty vacuum" space/time without realizing that waves require mediums and Einstein already deleted that medium when it was inconvenient.

1639853337068.png

Complete and utter bullshit. The experiment was to prove Earth was moving.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
olde sol.......still playing with herself!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Nah...I leave the masturbatory posting to you Dave. I prefer to discuss topics rather than discussing those discussing topics.

"Her" isn't my chosen pronoun btw...I identify as an Acura NSX.

1639856366686.png

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
This is for all of those that hang credibility on the theories of Isaac Newton... he was a nut case!

16 Examples of the Madness of Sir Isaac Newton

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Newton was a fascinating character. Clearly torn between religious beliefs and scientific observations he plainly did not understand. His universal "law" of gravitation remained unfinished upon his death because he considered it absurd and said so on numerous occasions. This explains also why he also repeatedly modified his theory of gravitation to incorporate various propagation speeds...only to find that any limit on gravitational speed rendered his theory invalid and why, to this day Newtonian gravitational theory lacks any reference to a time element and very few recognize this fact.

Now of course most simply ignore the problems with Newtonian gravitational theory and seamlessly substitute Einsteinian gibberish from the provably false equivalence principle in place of propagation speed...failing to recognize the numerous contradictions that exist between the two theories or that mixing and matching between two theories and then pretending it's "fact" is not science.

Some interesting quotes from Newton.

1639933535363.png

Here one can find a searchable archive of Newton's correspondence with numerous inferences that his theory on gravitation was slowly driving him mad as he attempted to rectify observation with scientific theory.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1639943560454.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
What was the US federal regime doing in the late 1940s to 1960s?

Operation Highjump(The United States Navy Antarctic Developments Program) circa 1946.

Operation Deep Freeze = Numerous US Navy missions to Antarctica beginning in 1955.

Operation Fishbowl = A series of high altitude nuclear tests conducted in 1962.

Operation Dominic = A series of 31 nuclear test explosions conducted in the Pacific in 1962.

1640017486927.png

1640017620445.png

Do YOU believe in coincidences? ...particularly with regard to hundreds of US and USSR military operations? Is there a limit to how many coincidences you're willing to accept or "write off"?

A conspiracy theorist may conclude that the US federal government found something strange in Antarctica, investigated it for decades(and is still doing so), then suddenly began trying to blow "something" to bits in the upper "air sphere" with their most powerful weapons. Do theories about NAZI bases in Antarctica scan?

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
What was the US federal regime doing in the late 1940s to 1960s?

Operation Highjump(The United States Navy Antarctic Developments Program) circa 1946.

Operation Deep Freeze = Numerous US Navy missions to Antarctica beginning in 1955.

Operation Fishbowl = A series of high altitude nuclear tests conducted in 1962.

Operation Dominic = A series of 31 nuclear test explosions conducted in the Pacific in 1962.

View attachment 237664
View attachment 237665

Do YOU believe in coincidences? ...particularly with regard to hundreds of US and USSR military operations? Is there a limit to how many coincidences you're willing to accept or "write off"?

A conspiracy theorist may conclude that the US federal government found something strange in Antarctica, investigated it for decades(and is still doing so), then suddenly began trying to blow "something" to bits in the upper "air sphere" with their most powerful weapons. Do theories about NAZI bases in Antarctica scan?

Are you saying they nuked the dome and couldnt break through? IOW humanity & ALL life on earth is wholey contained with no means of escaping into the uni-verse?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying they nuked the dome and couldnt break through? IOW humanity & ALL life on earth is wholey contained with no means of escaping into the uni-verse?
I'm suggesting it's possible and that if someone else has an alternate opinion as to what the US and USSR were doing detonating the most powerful weapons then known to mankind in the upper "air sphere", I'd love to hear about it. The US federal regime's behavior immediately following WWII was truly bizarre and much of that bizarre behavior has continued until today. Including the longest running international treaty in world history. That being the Antarctica treaty.

BTW, I find the notion that the department of war needed to attempt to blow shit up dozens of times in the upper "air sphere" to test their defenses against inbound ICBMs to be possible...though not particularly compelling.

Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Personally I classify nuke weaponry in same category as the moon landing, gravitons, & the helio theories, etc... best I can tell the entire nuke nonsense & cold war were nothing more than fear based psyop empire building strategies... there is absolutely zero proof that "advertised" atomic weapons were deployed & used at either Hiroshima or Nagasaki.... from what I have seen from all of the so called controlled nuke tests, they could be accomplished with tons of HE TNT... the Anglo-American financial & NATO based military empire could not have been successfuly organizrd & constructed without the threat of mutually assured nuclear annihilation... Everything else is bullsheet, and so to are nukes with their majical uncontrolled chain reactions... give me a break! Especially when they say the nuke chain reaction is 15 million k, hotter than the sun... well we know they dont even know what the sun actually is, yet they say its nuclear powered for theatrical effects.... so again its all bull sheet...

Were the atmospheric tests trying to break through the dome? I hevent a clue... they could have been trying to disrupt the electromagnetic spectrum to create chaos with radar & radio waves... maybe experiment with weather engineering... whatever it was, we wont know in our lifetimes unless there are big changes that lead to major transparency...

Personally I think most of it was theatrics by both the Anglo-Americans & USSR to spread fear & cement their empire building...

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
You know I'm getting pretty tired of reading your posts knocking our government! And if I wasn't bedridden because of my 3rd booster shot I would slug you right in the kisser!

I prolly deserve it too.... LOL

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1640097904970.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Everything's spinning at exactly the same speed despite altitude...and maths! ...because gravity magic!

1640440549035.png

It's no wonder people are so messed up...they've been trained since childhood to deny their own perceptions.

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Good point, but that second pic, the stationary surface may not be the best example. It appears to be under water, isn't that a fish swimming above it. Of course that goes back to why is water being stationary at those rotational (...global...) speeds.

This argument kinda goes round and round and round, LOL.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Don't really see why it should matter. Everything's allegedly spinning underwater or otherwise...and it's all allegedly synchronized and undetectable by the 8 billion humans on Earth...because reasons. We all know intuitively that in the absence of wind smoke rises. If you shoot a cannonball straight up...does it land West of where it was fired?

1640441991343.png

The gravity god works in mysterious ways. Cuz...science! People have been trained to believe all kinds of crazy shit that differs from observation and to defend those beliefs vigorously.

lol

1640449503651.png

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Incredible anti-gravity device invented in 1650!

1640534679744.png

1640534692150.png

1640538712419.png

It is quite easy to disprove gravity as being the force(not force) that keeps us stuck to the earth, for the simple fact that air can be lifted by mechanically creating empty space. It is the nature of a gas to diffuse to fill empty space. We are told that gravity prevents air diffusing into space. But, when we create an empty space here on earth, the air diffuses into it.

How is this possible? How is it that a constant downward force(not force), allegedly created by the earth's mass, can pull an air molecule away from the vacuum of space/time at high altitude, but at the earths surface(where gravity would be stronger), air immediately fills a vacuum and gravity is powerless to prevent it diffusing into empty space? Not only this, but "air sphere" pressure of 14.7 Psi (which works out at nearly 10 tonnes per square metre) can be used to lift immense weight, simply by using a suction cup and vacuum pump.

With gravity turned "on", a vacuum lift would never work, because the constant downward force(not force) of gravity would pull the air molecules away from the empty space and toward the earth's surface. The presence of a vacuum would not move air molecules an inch, as gravity is already "pulling" them away from a vacuum. The only way to rationalize this, barring circular arguments, of 'gravity pulls air away from a vacuum, which means objects can be lifted by air defeating gravity and trying to diffuse into a vacuum’ - is to say that gravity gets stronger the further one goes from earth, so it is stronger at the boundary to space, but weaker at the earths surface...which is contrary to both mainstream gravitational theories pretending to be one theory. Clearly this is nonsense. The easily demonstrable nature of gases, pressure, and the failure of gravity tells us one thing: Our cosmos is limited and enclosed, allowing us to live and move freely in a pressurized environment.

Gravity comes from the word "gravitatem"(nominative gravitas) "weight, heaviness, pressure," from gravis "heavy". Science teaches weight is an external force(gravity) acting upon mass/matter. The cited excuse for the force acting upon on object and weight of the object is gravity. Measurable at 9.8 m/s^2 or about 10 newtons. The 9.8 m/s^2 fall rate, is the action of the object(density) reacting to its surrounding MEDIUM.
The equation for buoyancy is Fb=p(fl)*V*g

g doesn't exist...

object (d = m/v) DENSITY reacting to its surrounding MEDIUM(air, water, helium, etc).

The density of an object determines whether it will float or sink in another substance. An object will float if it is less dense than the liquid (MEDIUM) it is placed in. Gravity simply doesn't exist... In any equation, weight is replaced by g, which is in fact (mass over volume m/v) density makeup, which IS the weight of the object.

9.8 m/s^2 fall-rate, DOESN'T APPLY in WATER...because gravity doesn't exist.

Gravity is nothing more than density and buoyancy reacting to its medium (air/water/helium) in an electromagnetic environment.

No gravity = no globe.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Lies so stupidly obvious...it's a wonder anyone ever accepted this nonsense.

1640624081605.png

Trust the science™

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
2024 they say? I wonder what the over/under is on that. lol

1640711545215.png

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
2024 they say? I wonder what the over/under is on that. lol

View attachment 238705

With all our high tech 3D printed technologies of today, we cant even design a spacesuit which will protect astronauts from the deadly radiation beyond the Van Allen Belts....

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1640862728640.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1640958837607.png