• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

WHAT IF the Earth was Actually Flat?

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Years ago I inherited some things from someone born in the early twenties. While going through some things I stumbled upon this which I hadn't originally seen.

Screenshot_2022-03-15-01-28-37-147.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-15-01-29-14-353.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-15-01-28-58-635.jpg

Screenshot_2022-03-15-01-29-04-072.jpg
Screenshot_2022-03-15-01-33-55-179.jpg
Screenshot_2022-03-15-01-29-31-670.jpg
Screenshot_2022-03-15-01-29-45-341.jpg

Ash_Williams

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If the Sun is 93 mm miles away and gives the earth its light, then why is space black?
It's only black at night! In the daytime it's blue.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Space/time is allegedly black...even though the guys that have allegedly been there can't even reach consensus on whether or no they can see stars. They do agree that space/time is black.

The blue sky is allegedly a result of the scattering of solar radiation caused by the Earth's alleged air sphere. Mind you this is the explanation presented by scientists/cosmologists that are provably full of shit.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
YUP and a couple of other things come to mind, that we just accept because we were too young to question.
Problem is, Earth's surface curvature is super easy for anyone to figure out.

Anyone who says otherwise is either too lazy to try, or actively attempting to mislead others.

Anyone who has a car with a full tank of gas and can measure a shadow and who has a couple days to kill can easily prove to themselves that Earth's surface exhibits the exact amount of curvature that a ball approx 8000 miles in diameter would have.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ever wonder why so many people "fall for" the flat Earth meme..
Probably due to not being intelligent enough to use the evidence at hand in order to arrive at a correct conclusion, is why.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Travelling between central Orygun & San Diego, I have noticed a difference in my gas mileage.
I have been doing this for 28
years, which pretty much takes care of variations of speed & other factors, in ether direction.
My overall MPG going south to San Diego is 18.7 MPG. My average coming home is 17.4 MPG.

I believe that I have figured out why this is, can you ? :don't    know2::2 thumbs up::finished::truck2:
The fact that central Oregon is 3000' higher in elevation than San Diego, is the likely culprit.

Going downhill you should expect better gas mileage.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Accepted as fact:
Water always keeps level, but the oceans bend around the "globe" because of "gravity"
Sol's pic of Chicago clearly shows that surface of Lake Michigan has curvature, yet your cognitive dissonance seems to prevent you from being able to even see the photo. Lol

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why would traveling "South" be down hill when the direction of travel is toward the greater diameter of the alleged globe?
Because anyone with a lick of sense to them realizes that San Diego is at sea level and central Oregon is not at sea level.

lukdiver

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
I can't bother to repost my post from months ago but in 1989 I sailed across the South Pacific with my girlfriend (now wife) and we used a sextant, Radio Shack Time-Cube for time ticks and a Casio wrist watch. Just 'local noon suns' everyday got us from the Galapagos Is. to the Marquesas Is. in 28 days downwind thru the Trades. It was awesome. Yah it's a G-L-O-B-E.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I can't bother to repost my post from months ago but in 1989 I sailed across the South Pacific with my girlfriend (now wife) and we used a sextant, Radio Shack Time-Cube for time ticks and a Casio wrist watch. Just 'local noon suns' everyday got us from the Galapagos Is. to the Marquesas Is. in 28 days downwind thru the Trades. It was awesome. Yah it's a G-L-O-B-E.
I gotcha luk

Sailed our sailboat across the South Pacific. Day after day downwind in the Trades till we made landfall in the Marquesas Is. with just noon sun's/ /Radio Shack Time-Cube for WWV time ticks/Casio watch and a sextant. I know the earth isn't flat. It was 21-days from the Galapagos Is. and magical, 1993. Unfortunately as the song ends it truthfully says: "pray that there's intelligent life in this universe because there isn't bugger-all down here on earth"....

Settles it for me, earlier I posted about sailing thru the South Pacific with my bride in 1990 on a sailboat, using a Radio Shack Time-Cube/Casio watch/sextant. That trip allowed me to cross the Equator 2x and I also crossed the 180-Meridian in the Coast Guard in 1973-1977 1x so officially a 'Shellback' of King Neptune. Yah it ain't flat.......

Sailed our sailboat across the South Pacific. Day after day downwind in the Trades till we made landfall in the Marquesas Is. with just noon sun's/ /Radio Shack Time-Cube for WWV time ticks/Casio watch and a sextant. I know the earth isn't flat. It was 21-days from the Galapagos Is. and magical, 1993. Unfortunately as the song ends it truthfully says: "pray that there's intelligent life in this universe because there isn't bugger-all down here on earth"....

What part of 'globe' don't you get? As I posted way back here I sailed across the South Pacific (1990) and into San Francisco with a aluminum Freiberger sextant salvaged from a scuttled sailboat in Porto Bello, Panama- a Casio digital wristwatch- a Radio-Shack Time-Cube radio for WWV timeticks. My celestial calculator was faulty (GPS too) so just used a simple trigonometry calculation for local 'noon' suns. Good enough for 3 mile or less accuracy which was smaller than the 'dot' I put on the chart with a .5mm mechanical pencil. Spent many a hour watching the sails bend the wind and create the 'lift' that pulled our sailboat across the globe. Didn't seem hard for me to understand.
I'd imagine Drake and Cavendish figured out it was a globe?

1638734307983.png

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Everyone knows the earth is actually a dodecahedron. Prove me wrong. LOL.

RebelYell

Name no longer reflects my changed worldview.
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And here is an ancient artefact that I keep on my desk which shows that this was once common knowledge.

1654690671998.png

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

foolsgold

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Isaac Asimov (circa January 2, 1920 – April 6, 1992) was an American author and professor of biochemistry at Boston University, best known for his works of science fiction and for his popular science books. Asimov was prolific and wrote or edited more than 500 books and an estimated 90,000 letters and postcards.

1654711144306.png