• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

WHAT IF the Earth was Actually Flat?

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
It is often assumed that a structure’s surface can be appropriately represented as a two-dimensional area, completely flat and devoid of any depth. However, in reality, two-dimensional surfaces do not exist in nature, if zoomed in sufficiently even the most seemingly flat surface has 3-dimensional structure. This can pose a problem when physics that have been formulated with two-dimensions are re-examined using a more realistic 3D model.

Just such a situation arose when astronomer Martin Asplund forewent the usual 2D model of the Sun’s surface, and instead used a supercomputer to model it as 3-dimensional surface. Asplund was hoping to formulate a more accurate model for analyzing spectral and seismological data to better understand the Sun’s interior.

Read more in the article by William Brown, Resonance Science Foundation Research Scientist

ZtuP2lLzQ1ylbMI7htmY_holesun_main-800x533.jpg

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Maybe the other planets are just flat circles? :D

E-eepBAUUAIvXfh
Good find!!!

flat earth vs other planets haha.jpg

Men are from Mars
Women are from Venus
Trans are from Uranus... and
Flat Earthers are from Pluto...
Disney's Pluto.jpg

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
CONCLUSION: The bible says the earth is neither round or flat, it is a cube (LOL). To wit:

Scriptural references such as Revelation 7:1 are cited, which speaks of “four angels standing at the four corners of the earth.” Psalm 75:3, which says God holds “the pillars” of the earth firm. Deuteronomy 13:7; Job 28:24; Psalm 48:10; and Proverbs 30:4; all of which reference the “ends” of the earth.

Psalm 75:3 quotes God saying, “When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm.” Other passages also refer to the earth’s “pillars,” such as 1 Samuel 2:8.

The Bible’s references to the “ends of the earth” in Deuteronomy 13:7; Job 28:24; Psalm 48:10; Proverbs 30:4; and other passages? Does a reference to the “ends” of the earth teach that the earth has an edge and is therefore flat?

images.jpeg

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
CONCLUSION: The bible says the earth is neither round or flat, it is a cube (LOL). To wit:

Scriptural references such as Revelation 7:1 are cited, which speaks of “four angels standing at the four corners of the earth.” Psalm 75:3, which says God holds “the pillars” of the earth firm. Deuteronomy 13:7; Job 28:24; Psalm 48:10; and Proverbs 30:4; all of which reference the “ends” of the earth.

Psalm 75:3 quotes God saying, “When the earth and all its people quake, it is I who hold its pillars firm.” Other passages also refer to the earth’s “pillars,” such as 1 Samuel 2:8.

The Bible’s references to the “ends of the earth” in Deuteronomy 13:7; Job 28:24; Psalm 48:10; Proverbs 30:4; and other passages? Does a reference to the “ends” of the earth teach that the earth has an edge and is therefore flat?

View attachment 223852
:bang head:
The FOUR CORNERS is in reference to directions North, East, West and South ( NEWS) not boundaries and angles.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
:bang head:
The FOUR CORNERS is in reference to directions North, East, West and South ( NEWS) not boundaries and angles.

The referenced post is complete satire! :)

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
And the OP is still complete BS.

Golden Regards
Uncle

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
"Flat Earth" only "works" for those who have never traveled far from home...

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
"Flat Earth" only "works" for those who have never traveled far from home...
... and can only "see the horizon" from their homes...

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
OK, Guys, here is irrefutable evidence that the earth is flat. This an actual artist rendering of 3 sailing ships that got too close to the edge !!!! :gracious: :2 thumbs up: :2 thumbs up: :2 thumbs up: :shit happens:

DO NOT ARGUE.JPG

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
If tomorrow we found out with out a doubt that the Earth was indeed flat, would it affect anything in your daily life? It wouldn't to me!

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
If tomorrow we found out with out a doubt that the Earth was indeed flat, would it affect anything in your daily life? It wouldn't to me!
Absolutely, it would affect me going out into the ocean to get tuna. I would be afraid to get too close to the edge & fall, forever, into the abissssss !!! :belly laugh: :belly laugh: :belly laugh: :shit happens: :spaceship:

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I would have a few equatorial mounts up for sale since they would no longer work. Which begs the question of how they ever worked before.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
OR ??????? :don't    know2:

flat.png

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
My last comment on this silly subject!

1632749926588.png

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

lukdiver

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Settles it for me, earlier I posted about sailing thru the South Pacific with my bride in 1990 on a sailboat, using a Radio Shack Time-Cube/Casio watch/sextant. That trip allowed me to cross the Equator 2x and I also crossed the 180-Meridian in the Coast Guard in 1973-1977 1x so officially a 'Shellback' of King Neptune. Yah it ain't flat.......

Attachments

• 1633190231346.png
    1633190231346.png
    724.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Settles it for me, earlier I posted about sailing thru the South Pacific with my bride in 1990 on a sailboat, using a Radio Shack Time-Cube/Casio watch/sextant. That trip allowed me to cross the Equator 2x and I also crossed the 180-Meridian in the Coast Guard in 1973-1977 1x so officially a 'Shellback' of King Neptune. Yah it ain't flat.......

It cannot be either flat, circular, spherical or oblate.... According to the Bible, the Earth is clearly square! The Four corners of the earth. (sarc)

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Hesplain just once more how the sun seems to go down due to perspective, but please tie seasonal variation in as well.

Golden Regards
Uncle

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Wow, that was extremely brave and ambitious! How long was the trip? Did you write about it anywhere? Wife unit must be a real keeper.

lukdiver

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Still doing some stuff not 'eagle' so book is a couple years away. Persona non Gratis in 2 other countries and trying to make sure we don't add USA. Something along the lines of our 'hobby' is considered pilfering their cultural resources. Wife and I hunkered down on 'compound' in SW Washington and riding out the 'Golden Years'. Sure wish they didn't throw all this Great Regret crap into the mix. Bastards

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm in neither camp.... The data & research indicates that both the flat tards & round tards are in error.... What exactly it is, I don't know!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm in neither camp.... The data & research indicates that both the flat tards & round tards are in error.... What exactly it is, I don't know!

Here is a question. Gravity is strong enough to keep a car on the ground, the oceans in place, why doesn't gravity pull a ship to the bottom of the ocean while the planet spins @ 1000 mph? Gravity should be stronger then buoyancy? Yet, anything lighter than air can float to the sky. Gravity must do billions of calculation per millisecond to keep some objects on the ground while allowing others to float away. Now, lets talk about weight.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Bob, there's such a concept as
overthinking something. Try to be more pragmatic by tossing your false notions aside while reviewing basic science concepts. It's alarming how resistant you are to understanding how a planetary body actually works and looks. People have been observing and navigating by the celectial phenomenon since time as we know it began.

Bob. What is a sextant?

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Bob, there's such a concept as
overthinking something. Try to be more pragmatic by tossing your false notions aside while reviewing basic science concepts. It's alarming how resistant you are to understanding how a planetary body actually works and looks. People have been observing and navigating by the celectial phenomenon since time as we know it began.

Bob. What is a sextant?

It's a legitimate ? And pertaining to the above question, exactly what pragmatic false notions are you referencing???

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Damn!! I gave the puppets the day off and the wife unit has all my crayons!