• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

WHAT IF the Earth was Actually Flat?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
...yet you're exactly living such an example right now...
Which you can, of course prove? Of course you cannot, but you choose to believe it anyway, which prevents you from seeing any other possibilities.

There are zero observable examples of gas pressure existing in the absence of a container. That you personally believe we're both living in such an example(without being able to prove it's so) doesn't change observable reality. You can neither observe this theoretical gravity container you believe exists or model said container. That's not science, it's belief. As is everything you think you know about gravity.

Keep your belief structures, just don't tell me they're based in science and reason. Science requires observation and nihilism doesn't change reality either. Merely stating that man cannot know anything for certain, doesn't change scientific methodology.

These conversations always move away from provable, measurable, and repeatable scientific methodology because perhaps surprisingly scientific methodology applied properly does not favor proponents of globe Earth theory. If it did, these conversations would end quickly with measurements of convexity atop large bodies of water. The notion that even boats disappear over curved water disappeared with improved optics. Now observation favors those that question the globe Earth model.

In fact if more people understood just how easy it is to disprove current globe Earth theory, almost nobody would believe it at this point. The math is really quite simple, but most aren't comfortable questioning fundamental beliefs.

BB posted some pics above of photos that should be impossible on globe Earth if the Earth is really a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference. There are thousands of other seemingly impossible photos everywhere one looks. Doesn't that make you guys even a little bit curious? Why didn't curved water hide those features as it must if Earth is as we're told?

How are all these photos possible if Earth is really 7917 miles in diameter? There's evidence of missing curvature everywhere one looks.

1635651826276.png
1635651933739.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
IOW ignore scientific experiment and accept what you're told as gospel. IE faith.
That's exactly what you flat Earthers do.

the surface of Earth is directly under your feet. Does it demonstrate convexity in a manner consistent with the exterior surface of a spheroid 7917 miles in diameter?
Yes, in fact it does. Only the willfully blind cannot see it.

It's important because anyone can look into this.
Anyone but a flat Earther. Only thing they can look into is that which they think supports their woefully misguided thinking.

Let's take a moment to step back from your thinking and look a bit more broadly.
Impossible! To do that would be to look at the subject from all perspectives, and any flat Earther worth their salt would never want to do that.

There are zero observable examples of gas pressure existing in the absence of a container.
Get a telescope. Point it at Jupiter. Observe the gas in it's atmosphere.

How are all these photos possible if Earth is really 7917 miles in diameter? There's evidence of missing curvature everywhere one looks.
C'mon dude! You posted a pic that f'ing shows e x a c t l y what tf you are now complaining that pics do not show.

You can't even be consistent in your own arguments.
.....but as flawed as they are, perhaps it should be expected that you can't keep 'em straight.

Here is your own f'ing picture that you posted in one of your many previous failed attempts to convince everyone that the Earth is flat. It clearly shows e x a c t l y what you just said does not exist. Evidence of curvature and of water's surface conforming to that curvature.

Anyone with a nanogram of sense to them can clearly see that only the upper portions of Willis Tower is visible, and that the lower portion is obscured by the horizon that consists of water.
So there is two choices. Either the Earth has curvature, or downtown Chicago is under water.

Now I've never been to downtown Chicago, but I'm pretty sure it's not underwater.
Is there anyone reading this who can tell us if it is?

Oh, and the area between the two arrows is where several buildings should be, but in this pic seem to be missing. Anyone wanna guess why that is?

Willis Tower 2665-2.jpg

Thanks goes out to Sol for having originally posted this pic as proof of the Earth being flat. The distinctive shape of Willis Tower makes it super easy for virtually anyone with a pulse to see that what flat Earthers preach, is nothing more than mind pollution.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Again, I do not support either hypothesis, round or flat....
Don't support either, but go on to only give flat Earth arguments. Lol very impartial of you Bob.

Flat Earth arguments:

• Eratosthenes' calculation shows that the Sun is 4000 miles over a flat Earth.
  • Plumb bobs point to the center of a spherical Earth, so buildings would be wider at the top than at the bottom.
  • Einstein said that gravity bends light, so the reason that a ship on the horizon disappears hull first and mast last is because the Earth's gravity is bending the light rays from the hull into the ocean before they reach our eyes.
  • The equatorial speed of the Earth is about 1000 miles per hour; this is faster than the speed of sound, so someone standing east of you would never be able to hear you.
  • A merry-go-round moves at about 10 mph and you get dizzy; the Earth supposedly moves at 1000 mph and you don't notice this.
  • If the Earth were spinning, all the continents would move toward the equator.
  • When you look at pictures of the round Earth taken from space, you must remember that gravity bends light so straight objects appear curved and curved objects appear straight.
None of that is proof of anything beyond misguided interpretations of the data.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It's rather odd(to me at least) that people get so stuck on whether Earth is flat or "round" at all. Why assume the Earth must be either? That's a failure of objectivity right from the get go. ...and btw, I've never interacted with a flat Earth proponent that believed Earth was anything other than "round". They just don't believe Earth is spherical.

"It seemed a flat disk with upturned edge."-Prof. Auguste Piccard

Since this subject is clearly polarizing, I suggest people take this by degrees. Go confirm the Earth is a spheroid 7917.5 miles in diameter. Go measure the convexity of the surface of lakes and/or oceans. Turn your beliefs into reasoned scientific evidence without taking anyone else's word for anything. The mathematics are right there for anyone to verify.

BTW proving the Earth cannot be a spheroid 24901 miles in circumference does not prove it's "flat", it simply proves we've been lied to our whole lives...again.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's rather odd(to me at least) that people get so stuck on whether Earth is flat or "round" at all.

It's rather odd (to me at least) that the only ones who ever say stuff like that, are the ones who post the flat Earth arguments as though they are fact, to begin with. Lol

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Don't support either, but go on to only give flat Earth arguments. Lol very impartial of you Bob.

None of that is proof of anything beyond misguided interpretations of the data.

The problem Joking, as Solarion points out arises from all of the deception & lies that are being perpetuated to protect the Spherical "blue marble" myth.... That's enuff to discount anything that NASA or mainstream science has to say about the matter... A 7900 mile diameter sphere can easily be photographed without the need for Photoshop a or any other photo manipulations, yet there isn't one legitimate photo of earth from the outer atmosphere, the moon, Mars or beyond.... As I said, I don't buy into the round earth nonsense, as that is a fraud and a lie... There are various experiments that support both ideological beliefs (flat/round), since it cannot be both, it must be something else... I find it very interesting that the subject isn't allowed to stray to far from the FLAT v ROUND debate... The gatekeepers keep the debate in a confrontational format between the two while preventing any alternative explaination from forming!

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
list, please.

then, show me the fucking edge

WTF, you can't read either???

Have you ever considered the double slit experiment? That earth could be two things at the same time both dependent upon the observer"s? Maybe it's an endless spiritual/mental plane.... What are the other so called planets? Are they a part of an atom, is the sun a proton, etc... ??? Big gas planets, yeah sure!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like someone to show me the curvature, but instead of simply proving it exists...which would be easy were it there, globe Earth proponents hang their hats on NASA and gravity fairy magic while making memes about cats knocking things off tables. Much lulzy, but hardly compelling evidence.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are various experiments that support both ideological beliefs (flat/round),
Such as....?

Still waiting for that proof that supports flat Earth that you said that you can see.

The gatekeeper
Is that what you think I am?

The gatekeepers keep the debate in a confrontational format between the two while preventing any alternative explaination from forming!
Numerous times, when others bring the subject up, I've attempted to engage in constructive debate on this and other related issues only to typically be met with dishonesty in how the the other person engages with the discussion.

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like someone to show me the curvature,
You already showed it in that pic you posted trying to say it proved that the Earth is flat.
.....but since then have been forced to ignore it after I used it to definitively prove to anyone with the ability to see, that it actually demonstrates the Earth's curvature quite well. Lol

Is there anyone above a 1st grade level that can't look at this pic and realize that if the Earth were flat, that you'd need snorkle gear to go shopping in downtown Chicago?
I've shown this pic to six year old kids who are capable of understanding what they see in it, yet we have full grown adults who are seemingly blind to it.
.....but then ask to see exactly what this pic shows. Lol lol lol

Willis Tower 2665-2.jpg

Last edited:

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
WTF, you can't read either???

Have you ever considered the double slit experiment? That earth could be two things at the same time both dependent upon the observer"s? Maybe it's an endless spiritual/mental plane.... What are the other so called planets? Are they a part of an atom, is the sun a proton, etc... ??? Big gas planets, yeah sure!
Bob Bob — don't go all meta-physical on us now.
We're engaged in a discussion of flat earth.
if it's a coin, where is the edge?

BF
(I kinda like the spoiled grapefruit look myself)

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Refute what?

Does this photo prove Earth is the size of a football statium? ...or does it prove that fish eye lenses distort straight lines?

1635710388275.png

I like the classical music in the ISS video linked...the fake graphics I can do without however. It's up to you if you wish to believe the ISS is travelling at 17k mph 254 miles above Earth. I don't and I have dozens of reasons for not believing it, but that's not really relevant here.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

refute, please. if you dare, that is.

Lets all save some time. I'll enjoy life in the real and now while you stare at your shoes, flatter
Do you really think or believe that CGI nonsense is real???

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Bob Bob — don't go all meta-physical on us now.
We're engaged in a discussion of flat earth.
if it's a coin, where is the edge?

BF
(I kinda like the spoiled grapefruit look myself)

No your trying to keep the debate Flat v Round, with the coins & edges etc... There is plenty of supporting documentations of the various flat earth experiments available on-line, it is easily attainable, so much so that I see no reason to start posting links that will never be opened by the cult of spheres!

Posting up fake CGI nonsense proves nothing, didn't prove it during the fake moon landings, and doesn't prove it today... The perfect Lil blue marble, sheesh!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
This shape seems popular:

Refute what?

Does this photo prove Earth is the size of a football statium? ...or does it prove that fish eye lenses distort straight lines?
If a fisheye lenses were used, the solar panels wouldn't appear to be straight.

You did say that fisheye lenses distort straight lines, yes?

Well guess what? Seem that those solar panels have straight edges. Why do they not appear distorted?

Because the vid wasn't taken with a fisheye lense, duh!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is plenty of supporting documentations of the various flat earth experiments available on-line, it is easily attainable,
If it's so easy, share it. Talk is cheap.

so much so that I see no reason to start posting links that will never be opened by the cult of spheres!
Post it and find out. Everything else the flat Earthers post is super easy peasy to be shown to be wrong. I've looked at plenty of it. I'll look at yours too.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Every bit as real as this is...

LMAO... I remember speaking with Rich G may he rest in peace about NASA reporting they landed a probe on a asteroid traveling @ 15000+ mph. We talked about it and decided it was total make believe... Rich was all bummed out as "he wanted to believe".... In the meantime NASA has announced on at least two separate occasions years apart to supposedly land probes on asteroids for the very first time... Evidently NASA doesn't know about first times... Anyway, their stories continue to change... For instance the speed of the asteroid is now omitted from the reports, etc... Just more fake BS from the rocket kids....

So no, I don't believe anything reported by NASA as true... And BTW NASA is a military institution....

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
LMAO... I remember speaking with Rich G may he rest in peace about NASA reporting they landed a probe on a asteroid traveling @ 15000+ mph. We talked about it and decided it was total make believe... Rich was all bummed out as "he wanted to believe".... In the meantime NASA has announced on at least two separate occasions years apart to supposedly land probes on asteroids for the very first time... Evidently NASA doesn't know about first times... Anyway, their stories continue to change... For instance the speed of the asteroid is now omitted from the reports, etc... Just more fake BS from the rocket kids....

So no, I don't believe anything reported by NASA as true... And BTW NASA is a military institution....

NASA has also been claiming to try to figure out how to protect astro-nots while they pretend to travel through the VA radiation belts for over a decade. Seems they forgot how they did it 6 times with 1960s tech.

Amazing that anyone takes these NASA assholes seriously anymore.
Weird lookin tree, but all the lines look straight to me.
They're not even close...particularly toward the edges of the field. The tree is obviously distorted, but so is everything else in the photo. That's the result of a fisheye lens.

1635714160265.png

Last edited:

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like someone to show me the curvature
Here's your original post that shows exactly what you keep asking for.

Try taking your blinders off and look at it.

100_2665.jpg

That's a picture of the Chicago skyline as seen from Indiana dunes state park. It's a 50 mile drive and roughly 30 miles as the crow flies. There are similar pictures of the Chicago skyline from Michigan if you'd like to see them.

The Earth is simply not a ball with a diameter of 8k miles.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
back to NASA lies! With nothing to back it up.

Then, name drops deceased member with a totally irrelevant conversation

so, what color are your shoes, bob?

I live in an off-grid solar home... We once upon a time attempted to use & employ weather forecasts as a tool for energy management.... We have since terminated relying upon the weather forecasts being even remotely correct... If they have all of these weather satellites like they say they do, the constant unreliability of weather forecasting would not exist...

As for the ballers, DYODD, as I previously stated, there is ample evidence on the net that contradicts both ball & flat earth hypothesis... Heck NASA won't release any images of earth that isn't the blue marble, that ought to tell ya something! I'm not gonna waste my time arguing over ideological beliefs... When or if you are ready for actually discovering and processing the possibility that the earth isn't what you have been programmed to believe on your own, then maybe we can have a real discussion, until then I don't argue religion with the Jehovah's Witnesses that come to the door, and I'm not about to argue with the 15th century religion of ballers....

Ideologies are created to prevent real discussions and ideas from advancing... If it's not flat, yet it's not round, then it must be something else!!!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ideologies are created to prevent real discussions and ideas from advancing
Ideologies certainly haven't prevented the bs flat Earth discussions and ideas from advancing.

The interweb is full of them.

If it's not flat, yet it's not round, then it must be something else!!!
Yet any experiment you could easily perform for yourself, would always show results consistent with it being round.

Why do think that is, Bob?

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Ideologies certainly haven't prevented the bs flat Earth discussions and ideas from advancing.

The interweb is full of them.

Yet any experiment you could easily perform for yourself, would always show results consistent with it being round.

Why do think that is, Bob?

JK throughout these discussions I have maintained that the earth is neither round nor flat... I have as well tried to advance alternative discussion on what else it could be. The default has been to return to either supporting the Flat or the Ball hypothesis.... I am not interested in either of these as my experiences deep sea fishing and growing up with my dad who was a ham operator & broadcast engineer has provided me with certain evidences & insights that both theories are wrong & erroneous.

For instance just two examples of many..., radio signals bouncing around the atmosphere seem to evidence the earth is a ball, yet while using bino's & being 20+ miles out to sea I can easily view the beach front, which seems to evidence flatness.... So NO, not all experiments indicate the earth is round when your eyes & mind are wide open... It always appears round to a bamboozled ideologue filled with programmed beliefs... Forget about the ball v flat competition and begin looking into alternative ideas, we are being herded into a box of flat v ball... And NASA is so full propaganda shit I don't believe a damn thing they say as an institution.....but that's just me!

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
And NASA is so full propaganda shit I don't believe a damn thing they say as an institution
They're just following the science.
Just like the medical field.
Just like the finance department.
Just like the meteorologists.
And so on....

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
As long as there are people incapable of understanding basic geometry there will be people that don't believe that the Earth is roughly spherical.

No evidence I can present will change that fact.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Some great and relatively simple experiments that can be repeated by nearly anyone to confirm the Earth is a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference.

1) Demonstrate gas pressure existing without a container.
2) Demonstrate water adhering to the exterior surface of a rotating spheroid in a vacuum at a relative speed consistent with the surface of Earth in the ball Earth model...IE 1037.54 mph at the equator.
3) Demonstrate convexity of the surface of Earth's oceans consistent with the exterior surface of a spheroid 7917.5 miles in diameter.

Oddly, all of these relatively simple demonstrations are about as likely as a Catholic priest proving conclusively using proper scientific methodology that the shroud of Turin was indeed the burial garb of JC.

The mathematics governing spheroids is quite simple...unfortunately for globe worshipers the maths are inconsistent with what one observes on Earth. Fortunately for globe Earth proponents, most people don't think about this stuff...else they'd realize humans can see far further on Earth than would be permitted if Earth were a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference.

miles*miles*8 = inches of expected curvature ...it's simply not there and no amount of mental gymnastics can put it there.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
They're just following the science.
Just like the medical field.
Just like the finance department.
Just like the meteorologists.
And so on....

Just like today, the meteorologists & forecasters totally missed their predictions.... A totally unexplainable miss considering they say there are all kinds of satellites flying around the ball earth constantly providing weather data. One would logically think that 5 decades of earth weather & satellite data, the forecasters could not miss in such a spectacular way, yet here it is today, a complete miss.

This begs several questions, namely are there really satellites flying around the ball earth, if there are, predicting weather patterns such as we are experiencing today 3 or more days in advance should be a easy peezy.... Thus we now must question both assumptions... If there are weather satellites flying above as advertised, then there is something seriously amiss with the ball earth model.... Even if the so called satellites are actually systemic high altitude balloons being carried at the mercy of high altitude winds, forecasting should be a bit more accurate.... Which brings us back to questioning the ball earth hypothiesis.... If the earth isn't this nice round blue marble floating in the vacuum of space spinning @ a constant 1000 mph (more or less, but constant), then forecasting local weather would present various obstacles.... especially do to the technological advancements & record keeping of the past 5 decades....

There are so many problematic aspects to both hypothesis of flat or ball that one must certainly begin to consider the many erroneous presentations....

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
As long as there are people incapable of understanding basic geometry there will be people that don't believe that the Earth is roughly spherical.

No evidence I can present will change that fact.

No disrespect, but spoken like a true ideological baller!

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
If a fisheye lenses were used, the solar panels wouldn't appear to be straight.

You did say that fisheye lenses distort straight lines, yes?

Well guess what? Seem that those solar panels have straight edges. Why do they not appear distorted?

Because the vid wasn't taken with a fisheye lense, duh!
Pffft geez Joe, you just keep going on and on with all those pesky facts like they matter! They obviously don't!

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Simple way to predict where the sun is rising or the sun is setting anywhere on the earth. Set a globe out in the sun. All you have to do is align it to true north for your location (center your location exactly on top of the globe and aim North. Even roughly doing this I accurately predicted that the sun is about to rise in Alaska and Hawaii.

Globe-2021-11-02-Img_5070SS.jpg

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211102-111944~2.png

Screenshot_20211102-112126~2.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Great...except "true North" on a compass is actually through the spheroid and not pointing toward the invisible axis "stick" passing through the globe, but has now allegedly left Canada and is racing toward Siberia. lol ...where's the loyalty!?!

BTW, how far must one travel "South" before a compass points toward "magnetic South"? Is it...forever/never? Man, can we get a refund on that low budget South pole thingy?