• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

WHAT IF the Earth was Actually Flat?

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Simple way to predict where the sun is rising or the sun is setting anywhere on the earth. Set a globe out in the sun. All you have to do is align it to true north for your location (center your location exactly on top of the globe and aim North. Even roughly doing this I accurately predicted that the sun is about to rise in Alaska and Hawaii.

View attachment 230725
Yeah except the Illuminati have an artificial sun they programmed to match the fake globe! The ILLUMINATi...get it!? They are the cult of the Fake Programmed Sun to keep us from finding the edge and rescuing all those who did a whoopsie....over there somewhere (nervously points here & there)

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Don't worry...spheroids have no edge, so no reason to search for it. Oh and btw, don't question the longest standing international treaty that protects Earth's largest continent from being visited by you lowly peasants without permission from your rulers.

1635871345170.png

Thank gawd there's no international Libyan treaty...else NATO wouldn't have been able to "peacefully" rape, pillage, and murder there.

...oh and don't try finding it on this UN flag...apparently it doesn't exist...

1635871625279.png

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Great...except "true North" on a compass is actually through the spheroid and not pointing toward the invisible axis "stick" passing through the globe, but has now allegedly left Canada and is racing toward Siberia. lol ...where's the loyalty!?!

BTW, how far must one travel "South" before a compass points toward "magnetic South"? Is it...forever/never? Man, can we get a refund on that low budget South pole thingy?
I did not use a compass. True north is the center of Earth's axis of rotation. The same location you align an equatorial telescope mount to for accurate tracking.

With the example I did with the globe on predicting sunrise/sunset, it works as accurately as your alignment is.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, the fun "axis" that contradicts everything spewed forth about space/time.

"Hey, buddy there is no UP in space, but there is this imaginary stick protruding through this alleged spinning pear that points...kinda...well...UP...give or take about 23.5 degrees."

"Umm...so isn't UP = to the axis - 23.5 degrees?!?"

"What are you stupid?!? There is NO UP in space/time!"

ROFLMAO

You can't make this shit up. Well you'd think, but someone did anyway. Boss as fuq getting so many people to believe in a religion without knowing they were involved in a religion. Mad props.

Now about all that missing curvature? Gas pressure sans container? Water covered pear model?

Yeah, I know...trust the not science and go to NASA.gov.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

"Hey, buddy there is no UP in space, but there is this imaginary stick protruding through this alleged spinning pear that points...kinda...well...UP...give or take about 23.5 degrees."

ROFLMAO

You can't make this shit up. Well you'd think, but someone did anyway. Boss as fuq getting so many people to believe in a religion without knowing they were involved in a religion. Mad props.
Wow. I sincerely hope you are just trolling.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

ROFLMAO

Nice straw man arguments. Best I expected.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

ROFLMAO

Now about all that missing curvature? Gas pressure sans container? Water covered pear model?

Yeah, I know...trust the not science and go to NASA.gov.
Who the hell were you quoting anyway?

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks bruh!

Mind telling me how/why it's a straw man iyo? ...or can we move on to how the sol-ar system was allegedly made from a flat disk of material via gravitational accretion(unprovable), yet mysteriously has planets with all kinda axial tilts? ...none of which match the sun?

Why do you bring up an imaginary axis sticking through an allegedly rotating water covered space pear and then turn around and call my position a "straw man"?

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Hey, you tried! Couldnt get any simpler either. Oh well, better luck next time!
Yeah. A big difference between the way he discusses things and the way I discuss things is he even introduces random quotes that aren't even part of the discussion and somehow thinks it's not a straw man.
Thanks bruh!

Mind telling me how/why it's a straw man iyo? ...or can we move on to how the sol-ar system was allegedly made from a flat disk of material via gravitational accretion(unprovable), yet mysteriously has planets with all kinda axial tilts? ...none of which match the sun?

Exactly what I expected from you. You gotta be trolling. Who the hell were you quoting?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I was quoting typical globe worshipers. ...but you were the one that brought up the imaginary stick used to anchor the fake blue marble model on globes used to brainwash children.
I'm just going to go ahead and put this in my signature. Clearly topics globers prefer to ignore. Seems simple experiments one can actually conduct themselves are not favored by ballers. Go figure.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I mean, it's pretty strait forward but if you just don't understand how to do the globe experiment to predict sunrises and sunsets, ask a specific question and I will be glad to help.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciated! However, I prefer proper scientific methodology. Assuming Earth is a rotating water covered space fruit with an imaginary stick through it and then basing calculations on that huge leap of faith is not exactly scientific.

Perhaps you're unaware, but people were predicting sunrise and sunset long before people "knew" the Earth was a rotating mud ball hurtling through space/time.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
If you have another way that works as well to predict sunrise and sunset all around the globe by all means I would be interested to see.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
"...all around the globe.." LOL

I prefer to not assume things unproven and then base mathematics upon those unproven assumptions. The sun, moon, and stars seemingly move in repeating cycles. It didn't take a nonsensical book written in 1543 to figure that out. Assuming ancient people were dumb cave people is a mistake.

When was this built again? What was its purpose?

1635875340556.png

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now about all that missing curvature?
It's right there in that pic you posted that your flat Earth dogma now prevents you from seeing.

Wow. I sincerely hope you are just trolling.
Your hope is in vain. When it comes to flat Earth mind pollution, he's as serious as the day is long.

I'm so conflicted by it.
On one hand I feel much sympathy, but on the other I find that I'm very amused by it.

Conflicts. Such is life. Lol

Wow, then you expected a whole lot more than I did. Lol

Who the hell were you quoting anyway?
Himself of course. It's his own made up counter arguments that he argues against.

Hey, you tried! Couldnt get any simpler either. Oh well, better luck next time!
He'll definitely need lots of it, but no amount of luck will actually work.

Yeah. A big difference between the way he discusses things and the way I discuss things is he even introduces random quotes that aren't even part of the discussion and somehow thinks it's not a straw man.
Par for the course. Flat Earthers are incapable of engaging in honest discussion on their pet subject.

The mind pollution runs too deep to allow for an honest discussion.
Following the flat Earth piped piper seems to damage peoples sense of logic and reason.

Exactly what I expected from you. You gotta be trolling.
The sad fact is that it isn't trolling.

I mean, it's pretty strait forward but if you just don't understand how to do the globe experiment to predict sunrises and sunsets, ask a specific question and I will be glad to help.
Flat Earthers will not conduct experiments that have any possibility of proving themselves wrong.
It's useless to even suggest they conduct such an experiment.

Appreciated! However, I prefer proper scientific methodology.
Damn dude, comin' from you that's too funny! Have you ever thought of trying to do stand up comedy? I have a feeling you'd do pretty well at it. Lol

Scientific methodology is the last thing you prefer. If not, you'd have cured yourself of this flat Earth nonsense years ago.

Why? Because none of the flat Earth hokum stands up to any amount of scientific examination.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
From Quora:

I'm not a flat earther, and I'm not questioning the empirical evidence that earth is a sphere. But, per the rules of science, would it theoretically be possible for a flat earth to exist (in terms of gravity, orbit, atmosphere, etc.)?

In our universe this is simply not possible.
For a Flat Earth to exist you need a universe that has a few very different rules. Most importantly, gravity cannot exist.
If gravity exists in your universe (as it does in ours) then any object the size and mass of the Flat Earth would collapse under its own weight until it reaches hydrostatic equilibrium. But if you remove gravity then stars don’t form then your universe never forms stars, so you don’t get all those elements you need. No stars, no Earth, flat or otherwise.
There’s no simple solution for just that one problem, and so the Flat Earth community by and large simply denies that there is a problem. They either refuse to accept that gravity would cause their Flat Earth to collapse or, more commonly, refuse to accept that gravity even exists.
Why?
If you have any experience with the Flat Earth community you’ll know that a large subset of them claim to believe that the true shape of the Earth is being suppressed in order to deny creation. They apparently think that a Flat Earth proves their god, and denying Flat Earth is just another way of denying their god. On occasion the most devout FE advocates will dismiss insoluble problems for Flat Earth by simply claiming that their god set it up that way.
They’re at least partially right: for a universe to exist in which a Flat Earth is even plausible it must have been created that way. No possible variation of the natural laws we know would allow it to exist, so therefore it can only be the result of specific creation. Even then it would have to be rigidly controlled, more of a simulation than the result of variant ‘natural’ laws.
It shouldn’t be surprising to anyone to find that a subset of the Flat Earth community believe in the Simulation Hypothesis. If our world is just a simulation running on some computer then of course everything is adequately explained: it’s all code, operating however it was programmed to. We can write code that does something similar, including all of the weird rules that light would have to operate by in order to behave as we obeserve in the real world.
Flat Earth sits somewhere between religion and charlatanism. Some of them are just in it for the money or attention. Some of them just don’t know any better and are being fooled by fast talking con men. Those that actually believe are either uneducated or simply trying to shoe-horn reality into their religious beliefs.

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The "Axis" is not imaginary, it is the result of a very real magnetic field.

So I suppose Earth is flat, and all the other planets are flat and very conveniently show us only their nice round faces?

I'm wasting my time aren't I?

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

So I suppose Earth is flat, and all the other planets are flat and very conveniently show us only their nice round faces?

Well you made me smile and even laugh FWIW so there's at lest that.

Working on any paintings lately?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score

this is the other side of your truck ! :2 thumbs up: :gracious: :finished: :blond::blond::blond:

FINGER 2 clyde.jpg

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well you made me smile and even laugh FWIW so there's at lest that.

Working on any paintings lately?

Thanks for asking, New, I have done a few commissions in the past few months, but have even gone as far as forsaking fishing to get my project truck done asap.

This thread, more than most, could use a good hijacking, so I'll post a few pics...

20210909_163756.jpg
20210919_074942.jpg
20201101_195427.jpg

And a couple of the truck, it's been a three year project; just body work.

20211029_140824.jpg
20211027_165106.jpg
20211027_165230.jpg

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Thanks for asking, New, I have done a few commissions in the past few months, but have even gone as far as forsaking fishing to get my project truck done asap.

This thread, more than most, could use a good hijacking, so I'll post a few pics...

View attachment 230966View attachment 230967View attachment 230968

And a couple of the truck, it's been a three year project; just body work.

View attachment 230969View attachment 230970View attachment 230971

Nice paintings.

Cool truck.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
If only gravitational theory could move past the theoretical stage. It'd help if we could, at least, define what it is.

Is it a force? ...a consequence?

Does it push or does it pull?

At what speed does gravity propagate?

The trouble with building an entire view of the cosmos based upon theory, is that it calls into question everything that comes after...IE it makes a universal field theory impossible, as there'll always be something amiss. While the ball Earth/expanding cosmos theory is a lovely story, it doesn't work for quantum. Nor does either mainstream gravitational theory work to explain motion in the cosmos.

The theory is wrong, but rather than simply admit its wrong, excuses are created to ignore the myriad of problems with the model. The problems begin with the theory of gravity...which after 500 years remains unproven, unprovable, and undefined. The way to get people to stop questioning stuff is now, as ever, to convince them that they "know" stuff.
Those that actually believe are either uneducated or simply trying to shoe-horn reality into their religious beliefs.
Ball Earthers do the same. They simply believe their religious beliefs to be based in "science".

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Sparks Shot Tower

Before the use of shot towers, shot was made in wooden molds, which resulted in unevenly formed, low quality shot. Shot towers work on the principle that molten lead forms perfectly round balls when poured from a high place. Molten lead at the top of the tower was poured through a sieve or mesh, forming uniform spherical shot before falling into a large vat of water at the bottom of the tower.

The 142-foot (43 m) tall brick tower is 30 feet (9 m) in diameter at its base, tapering to 15 feet (5 m) at the top.

The entire principle of the spheroid earth rests with the intense heat of the pretended big bang creating the ball planets... As the molten planets fell thru the vacuum of space, they would become round... This is emulated with the operations of the Sparks Tower... The scientists & ballers all admit that earth is NOT NASA's perfect blue marble but rather a pear shaped oblate spheroid... Meanwhile the moon and other planets of our solar system are these almost perfect round balls...

A better question is "Why" are the other planets,:the earths local moons and star appear perfectly round while the scientific community & ballers admit that the shape of the earth is different than all of the other local celestial bodies in our solar system?

Are the laws of physics different on earth than they are outside of its influences.... Why is earth an oblate sphere while the remaining 7 planets, local moon & star are these almost perfectly round objects???

wp-content.png

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Why is earth an oblate sphere while the remaining 7 planets, local moon & star are these almost perfectly round objects???
The gravity god giveth and the gravity god taketh away. Allegedly the Earth is pear shaped(narrow on "top" and pudgy on "bottom") due to fickle gravitational "forces"...that are also not a force and instead a "consequence" of matter(or mass...take your pick), existing in the presence of the "space/time fabric" that allegedly makes up the universe.

If this sounds like made up bs...well, there's a reason for that...

1636035619511.png

We all "know" Earth's density due to some questionable mathemagicks inflicted upon humanity by one Hank Cavendish in his 1797 experiment "weighing the world" in which he allegedly determined the density of Earth by using some lead spheres. The same so called "science" was used to justify the current belief structure where it pertains to current mainstream "mix and match" gravitational theory.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Great...except "true North" on a compass is actually through the spheroid and not pointing toward the invisible axis "stick" passing through the globe, but has now allegedly left Canada and is racing toward Siberia. lol ...where's the loyalty!?!

BTW, how far must one travel "South" before a compass points toward "magnetic South"? Is it...forever/never? Man, can we get a refund on that low budget South pole thingy?
True north — achieved from a compass by applying proper declination.
Rotational alignment and magnetic alignment two different things.

If you set a compass on top of a magnet which way does it point? If you move the compass to the left of the magnet which way does it point now?

You need to separate the macro reactions from the micro reactions in your mind, sol.

BF

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
given that we are doing sun/jupiter slingshots I would say that gravity is, again, clearly defined

Ok, but that doesn't explain why Earth has a "special" shape, nor does that explain why in the observed universe almost all cosmic bodies excepting asteroids are spherical & ball shaped, while the earth is pear shaped... This tells all of us, regardless of which of the three camps your tent is pitched in, that something about earth is very very different from the observed celestial bodies!!!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
True north — achieved from a compass by applying proper declination.
Rotational alignment and magnetic alignment two different things.

If you set a compass on top of a magnet which way does it point? If you move the compass to the left of the magnet which way does it point now?

You need to separate the macro reactions from the micro reactions in your mind, sol.

BF
Uh no, I mentioned magnetic North vs the point at which the "invisible axis" allegedly protrudes through the allegedly spinning space fruit. I even mentioned that magnetic North is moving...and that movement is toward Siberia.

You seemingly missed the point I was making. That being that a compass wielded on the exterior surface of a spheroid will point toward space/time...not one of true OR magnetic North. Nothing to do with macro or micro reactions...it's simple fact.

BTW...any comment on the lack of a magnetic South pole?

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
As long as there are people who are incapable of understanding basic geometry there will be people who think the Earth is more pear shaped than spherical. Hint: It is more spherical than Jupiter in the accepted model. Only the obtuse will not understand that.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
As long as there are people who are incapable of understanding basic geometry there will be people who think the Earth is more pear shaped than spherical. Hint: It is more spherical than Jupiter in the accepted model. Only the obtuse will not understand that.
<yawn>

Love the hedge language. lol "more" pear shaped than spherical. Meanwhile, the ESA has this lovely gravity magick map of Earth...

1636037881492.png

Jeebus, I can see why people love the fake blue marble "images" over this homely ass blob. The pear shaped admission wasn't even in the conversation when I was a kid? You? Earth was a sphere...then an oblate spheroid, then a freaking space pear. Yeah basic geometry...that morphs. lol
Well we know the magic graviton fairies keep them on the ground with the water...
Graviton fairy magic is rare and mysterious...

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score