• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

WHAT IF the Earth was Actually Flat?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Pity you can't use that big brain of yours to fix the numerous problems with mainstream gravitational theory. Simple questions like "what is it?", are met with confusion, conflicting answers, and disbelief. Yet gravitational theory...500 years later remains a mystery even to true believers of ball Earth theory as well as their priests of scientism. Strange for something so foundational to our allegedly "known" view of the cosmos.

...no worries, the kinks in gravitational theory will no doubt be worked out in a few more...uh centuries.

EricTheCat

An ant on a hill.
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
While we can use our understanding of gravity as an apparent force to make fairly accurate predictions we may never truly understand gravity.

One thing we might agree on, for everything we know and understand there is probably a lot more that we do not know or understand.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
SOLID scientific basis for which to base an entire model of the cosmos. ...er I mean sci-fi movies.

...and THAT'S why there is no unified field theory. Our understanding of THE foundational "force" that's also not a force in the universe is provably wrong.

Back when actual science was still a "thing", provably wrong theories were discarded to make room for new ideas. Pity we can't get rid of the two mainstream gravitational theories that pretend they're one theory. Mainstream gravitational theory is a religious belief and not science, and yet it has been used for the basis of an entire model that's then...somehow...called "scientific".

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Well, ya gotta admit one thing; sol, the science troll, ain't gonna give up.

BF

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Science troll eh? Sure you don't mean science purist? I'm quite literally a scientist myself.

Can you answer these questions about gravity?
1) what is it?
2) at what speed does gravity propagate?
3) does gravity push or pull?

I'll just assume, by your almost certain silence(again), that the answer is no. Then ask yourself why these two mainstream theories...which contradict one another in multiple ways, both continue to exist. Yeah...that's "science". lol

TRUST the science! Dear god, you'd think people would learn...

More likely, you'll just ignore these questions and go right on believing whatever you wish...which is your right...just don't tell me it's science. Belief structures have no place in science. ...ever...for any reason.

BarnacleBob

Exoriare aliquis nostris ex ossibus ultor
Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
As long as there are people who are incapable of understanding basic geometry there will be people who think the Earth is more pear shaped than spherical. Hint: It is more spherical than Jupiter in the accepted model. Only the obtuse will not understand that.

Say what, you now deny the high Priests public information when the blue marble model fails???

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
1) what is it?
1) an invisible force that glues us to the surface of the earth
2) no faster than the speed of light
3) Pull

OK, sol, shoot em down.

PS: Science ain't about trust, it's about searching.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing I've suggested is that you do your own science. That way perhaps you might learn, instead of just regurgitating the flat Earth talking points you picked up from all the flat Earth vids you watch.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Science troll eh? Sure you don't mean science purist? I'm quite literally a scientist myself.

1) what is it?

I'll just assume, by your almost certain silence(again), that the answer is no. Then ask yourself why these two mainstream theories...which contradict one another in multiple ways, both continue to exist. Yeah...that's "science". lol

More likely, you'll just ignore these questions and go right on believing whatever you wish...which is your right...just don't tell me it's science. Belief structures have no place in science. ...ever...for any reason.

Gravity is:

1) a particle

2) a wave

3) dualistically both a wave & a particle depending upon it's quantum position (Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle)

4) We don't have a clue!

IMO #4 is the answer!

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Say what, you now deny the high Priests public information when the blue marble model fails???

How can they say its pearshaped now? I dont understand haven't we seen it from space? If we have ventured out into space why don't we have a picture of our world that puts this debate to bed? Why is everything an edited mosaic?

Have we ever left low earth orbit?

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
How can they say its pearshaped now? I dont understand haven't we seen it from space? If we have ventured out into space why don't we have a picture of our world that puts this debate to bed? Why is everything an edited mosaic?

Have we ever left low earth orbit?

Again, a better question is why is the earth shaped oblate spheroid while all the other celestial objects inside & outside of our solar system are observed as nice round objects! This essentially means there is something very very different about the earth, it's just not another planet among planets.

Is the local SoL the same as the SoL 100 light years or more away?

Is gravity, whatever it is, is it the same 100 light years away?

Is natural electricity of the universe the same 100 light years away?

The list could go on & on....

Are these guesses & theories relative only to the earth plane or whatever it is?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1) an invisible force that glues us to the surface of the earth
2) no faster than the speed of light
3) Pull

OK, sol, shoot em down.

PS: Science ain't about trust, it's about searching.
Sure.
1) Einstein says you're wrong. Gravity is not a force...it's a "consequence" or "warping" of "space/time fabric" according to general relativity.
2) Newtonian gravitational theory requires instantaneous propagation. There is no time element at all. Where one is present...the theory fails.
3) General relativity causes mass/matter to seemingly be "pushed" ...not pulled as in the provably wrong theory presented by Isaac Newton in 1687.

The universal "speed limit" was introduced with general/speshul relativity by Einstein 106 years ago. This should have been seen as a death blow to Newtonian gravitational theory...which had already been disproven via experiment due to improved optics showing that Newtonian gravitational theory was inadequate to calculate the perihelion precession of the planet mercury.

This provably wrong...and incomplete theory should have been disposed of then, but instead it was married to Einstein's gibberish in 1915 to make a single nonsensical and provably wrong theory out of two failed theories. Since then young minds have been being poisoned by this franken-theory(belief structure) and told it's a scientific fact...when it's anything but.

Science(knowledge) is a methodology. It requires skepticism and discipline. Real science welcomes questions and never considers anything "settled".

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Again, a better question is why is the earth shaped oblate spheroid while all the other celestial objects inside & outside of our solar system are observed as nice round objects!
Again, you ask the same question despite having received a good answer to it the last dozen times you asked it.
Or has it been two dozen times now?

You seem to be expecting to be able to see the 40 mile variation in a ball with an 8000 mile diameter.

Do you have bionic vision Bob?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Science(knowledge) is a methodology. It requires skepticism and discipline. Real science welcomes questions and never considers anything "settled".
If you know this, why are you so incapable of applying that same logic to your own flat Earth arguments?

Seems pretty dishonest to only want to apply scientific principles to the argument others are making when you ignore it for your own arguments.
....but then again, we already know that having an honest discussion on this subject is not one of your strengths.

BarnacleBob

Founding Member
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Again, you ask the same question despite having received a good answer to it the last dozen times you asked it.
Or has it been two dozen times now?

You seem to be expecting to be able to see the 40 mile variation in a ball with an 8000 mile diameter.

Do you have bionic vision Bob?

And evidently you provide a nonsensical bunch of hoo, hoo! You
have not answered why all of the celestial objects in the solar system are observed as almost perfectly round and possibly spheres... Yet the earth is oblate and DOES NOT possess the same shape as the other celestial objects!

This is a simple ? as the high priests of science are preaching that earth is a oblate & pear shaped resbling a spheroid... and of course they do so without providing any photographic evidence from their magical space vehicles... Vehicles that they say travel to the outer reaches of the solar system...

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Earth, and all of the other rocky planets in our solar system, are less than perfectly round due to events that occurred after their formation, our planet less so because it suffered more catastrophically. All of the rocky planets in this system have one thing in common, one side of the ball is smooth, and the other is quite rough and a lot of material is missing from the rough side. This is due the anode-cathode action of massive electrical current flowing through the body that removes material from one side and deposits it to the other. Our planet has likely also suffered a collision with another large body, or a close call with something big enough that the larger body ripped a chunk of material out of the planet, like where the pacific ocean is.

We don't really know the history of our planet, but a close enough look reveals that it has been a violent one.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you're hinting at electric universe theory. As an alternative to mainstream gravitational theory, it certainly makes a whole lot more sense. Perhaps if more people stopped believing they "knew" a bunch of stuff about gravity that they don't then we could have more useful conversations about the phenomenon we all call "gravity".

Electricity pushes and pulls and is a whole lot more powerful than the ridiculously wimpy "force/warpage" that is mainstream gravitational theory. In the history of humanity, we've found only one way to generate a significant magnetic field. ...electricity.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
synopsis of this thread so far:

If the earth is flat, there must be an edge, as it has been pointed out.​
The edge is protected by an ice wall that the government will not allow you to cross.​
No, the government doesn't allow you to go into Antarctica because it is an ancient alien base.​
No, you're wrong, the flying saucers have been here all along.​
It's the lizard people, and they live amongst us disguised as humans, not flying saucers.​

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
synopsis of this thread so far:

If the earth is flat, there must be an edge, as it has been pointed out.​
The edge is protected by an ice wall that the government will not allow you to cross.​
No, the government doesn't allow you to go into Antarctica because it is an ancient alien base.​
No, you're wrong, the flying saucers have been here all along.​
It's the lizard people, and they live amongst us disguised as humans, not flying saucers.​
k...if that's what you've gotten out of it. ...that's kind of sad.

I thought we were having a useful conversation about gravitational theory...but I guess that's done. The legitimate issues with globe Earth theory are, as ever completely ignored.

1) Demonstrate gas pressure existing without a container.
2) Demonstrate water adhering to the exterior surface of a rotating spheroid in a vacuum at a relative speed consistent with the surface of Earth in the ball Earth model...IE 1037.54 mph at the equator.
3) Demonstrate convexity of the surface of Earth's oceans consistent with the exterior surface of a spheroid 7917.5 miles in diameter.

These, and the problems with mainstream gravitational franken-theory are the principle reasons the shape of Earth is often in dispute.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
if that's what you've gotten out of it.

Surely.jpg

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Why does no one think it's like an loooooong rod and we're just livin on the end of it?

wonder if anyone's livin on the other end?

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
That's exactly what it is, and at the other end is a set of huge, hairy balls!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Jokes are pretty much all ball Earthers have. If Earth were a spinning gas covered water fruit 7917 miles in diameter hurtling through so called "space/time" at 1,880,000 mph...you'd be able to prove it...easily...yourself.

No measurable convexity of the surface of Earth's oceans(despite Earth being allegedly 72% covered in water) means Earth cannot be a spheroid 24,901 miles in circumference. It's a simple fact that would be very easily disproven were it not so.

The reason there are no working models of Earth as suggested by mainstream cosmologists, is because such a model is simply not possible...it's a fairy tale. Nobody has ever created a working model of a gas covered water-ball Earth rotating in a vacuum. They haven't, because it's not possible.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Nobody has ever created a working model of a gas covered water-ball Earth rotating in a vacuum.
Well, no one has created a floating pancake with lakes in it, edge that is not an edge, with a sun 'somehow' creating night and day ether.

BF

Jokes?? flat earth is a joke

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Which, as usual, ignores the simple *fact*, that what you believe you know...you do not "know". The entire ball Earth model is held together by graviton fairy magick...which not one human in the history of the world has ever understood. Neil Tyson doen't know what gravity is...and says so publicly.

Flat, spherical, hollow, trapezoidal...the only way to be objective is to STOP believing and start proving scientifically what you're able to observe. Flat earth proponents started out believing in the graviton god, just as you and I. Then they began asking questions. Nearly 100% of flat Earthers became so, because they attempted to prove Earth is a spheroid and failed.

Ridiculing flat Earth theory as an attempt to defend the indefensible sphere Earth model is every bit as valid as voting for a repuke because you're unhappy with the abuse you're taking from dems. It's not a binary decision.

1636213365661.png

The best way to prevent people from asking difficult questions...is to convince them they "know" stuff that aren't true.

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It's not ME that knows, it's THEM that knows.
As in "scientists 'know' that the sun is 93 million miles from the earth.
I don't 'know' that but I'll go along with it for simplicity's sake.
Me? I've never seen Australia but THEY assure me that it exists.
So, I would have to say, from my direct observation, that there ain't no such place as Australia.
Prove it to me.

BF

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I've been to Australia...so yeah...it exists. Do helicopters fly upside down there relative to a helicopter in NYC? I very seriously doubt it.

Accepting the word of a so called "scientist" is not the same as science. Surely we can agree on this simple fact in the current environement...where Fauci literally says he's the voice of "science" and to question him is to question science. If that sounds remarkably like a priest claiming they're the word of "god" and shouldn't be question...well there's a reason for that.

Are you aware how many times the distance to the sun(an AU) has been revised?

1636214648946.png

The priests of cosmology don't know shit...but pretend a bunch of stuff is "fact" when it's not. Much of it is provably wrong via accepted laws of physics, but they ignore arguments that contradict their gibberish.

Focusing on things one can prove themselves is a way, to my mind, to separate propaganda from science(knowledge). Given that, it's important to focus on the things that can be confirmed with regard to the planet in which we live. Does it display curvature consistent with a spheroid 7917 miles in diameter? Can it be modeled? Etc...

Bottom Feeder

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I've been to Australia...so yeah...it exists.
Yeah, so you say. But what does that prove to me?
I've seen other people conjecture that Australia exists, we even have a member or two that claims to live there.
Ain't that a humor? — they think it really exists because... well, because they live there.

None of that proved to me that there is a big island somewhere on this pancake here called Australia.
You saw it. They live there. So it must exist, eh?

Bull Shit

prove it

BF

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
But what does that prove to me?
Nothing. Nor did I claim it should. I said simply that *I've* been there...and it exists. I don't particularly care if you believe me or not. The point is, to me it's knowledge...and to you the existence of Australia is a belief. What's the difference between us with regard to how we view the concept that Australia exists? ...first hand observational experience.

You don't accept my experience as evidence, and that's fine, but when a priest of scientism tells you gravitational THEORY is fact...you accept it. Why?

Belief structures are the enemy of science(knowledge)...because belief structures obstruct ones ability to be objective.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the crux of the thread was that some here pick and choose what to read/react to, while ignoring everything that makes them uncomfortable. ;)

I type a paragraph and you quote and address a sentence. lol

No, it doesn't matter if you believe me or not. What matters is that you question your own beliefs...but nah.

You, by default, believe that helicopters fly upside down in Australia relative to helicopters in the US. I do not.

engineear

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The universe does not do "calculations per unit time", unless you get into the really weird crap at the Planck scales.

Cars don't fly off the surface because the centrifugal "force" due to rotation is far weaker than gravity. But it is still there. Atrillery officers have known for centuries that they need to correct for the Coriolis effect (a perceived force on flying objects, but it's really the projectile flying straight while earth moves under it)

Same deal with the roof over your head. The electromagnetic forces holding the material together are far stronger than gravity. Otherwise all structures would crumble into piles of sand,

Buoyancy is pressure is gravity. An aircraft carrier is mostly air. Its total density is less than that of water. So it floats on the water. Put more mass on the ship, it rides lower in the water. Too much mass, and down it goes. A balloon filled with your own lungs doesn't float. Fill it with helium or very hot air, and it becomes lighter than the outside air, and up it goes (until outside air is at the same pressure)! Fill a balloon with Xenon, and it drops to the floor, because it's heavier than the outside air. A chunk of steel will float in a pool of Mercury.

What about weight?
Why do some turds float and some go to the bottom and some disappear?