• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What makes a "legal marriage"?

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Interesting.
Watched most of it.
I have investigated "marriage" before.
Fairly recent construct as far as humanity goes, meaning church marriage and government marriage.
People used to just hook up and that was that.

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I was watching a video on Egypt last night. Think it was called strange egypt. Most back then married shortly after puberty, 12 or 13 or so and moved out on their own. They didnt think there was a ceremony involved and they thought divorce was similar to today and very easy to initiate by either party.

EO 11110

He Hate Me
Mother Lode
read a study that showed that high school sweethearts had the lowest divorce rate. it also showed that the more sexual partners the woman has before marriage related directly to divorce odds. more partners = higher divorce odds

get them young, before they've been on the c-ck carousel

fathers used to protect daughters. another case of old school wisdom abandoned today

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
A presumption of law here in Oregon is if you identify a woman or introduce her as your wife then you are married which is common law though and I have looked and been told there is no common law marriage here in Oregon.