• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What People Actually Say Before They Die

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
My mom died a few months ago. I was laying right next to her. Her children and grand children, all of us, were surrounding her bed. I was holding her as she breathed her last. I was being the 'strong' one but as she passed, I broke. I called her 'mommy', so did my brother. I didn't think I was capable of such a thing. Like it was brought up from somewhere deep.
So many people that I only once got to say goodbye to. My departing words to most people is see you later. Sometimes I don't get that opportunity.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Far more people do not get that opportunity for One Last Talk than do.

Zed

Intergalactic Smart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'm going to say...

I buried the gold under, under the..... gurgle... {and he's gone!}

Of course there will be no gold to find but the kids will get some exercise!

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I always thought death would come on the freeway in a few horrifying moments, so you'd have no time to sort it out. Having months and months to look at it and think about it and talk to people and hear what they have to say, it's a kind of blessing. It's certainly an opportunity to grow up and get a grip and sort it all out. Just being told by an unsmiling guy in a white coat that you're going to be dead in four months definitely turns on the lights. ... It makes life rich and poignant. When it first happened, and I got these diagnoses, I could see the light of eternity, à la William Blake, shining through every leaf. I mean, a bug walking across the ground moved me to tears.

Terence McKenna died on April 3, 2000, at the age of 53

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Supposedly Steve Job's last words were, "oh wow...oh wow....oh wow!" I wonder what he was seein'.

An interesting vid I recently watched on the subject.

I See Dead People: Dreams and Visions of the Dying
Dr. Christopher W. Kerr is the Chief Medical Officer at The Center for Hospice and Palliative Care, where he has worked since 1999. His background in research has evolved from bench science towards the human experience of illness as witnessed from the bedside, specifically patients’ dreams and visions at the end of life. Although medically ignored, these near universal experiences often provide comfort and meaning as well as insight into the life led and the death anticipated.