• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What to do with gold teeth...ewww; for real inheritance situation...

A close acquaintance recently endured the passing of her grandfather. Upon opening his savings/accumulations she found, among a LOT of European coins brought back during World War II numerous gold teeth. Now...HE didn't have gold teeth but these are presumably from..."others", acquired and long stashed away during the war as part of his assets. She didn't give me any #'s but despite being initially freaked out she immediately thought of me.

She says "Unsustainable...what should I do with these. Sell for cash, trade for bullion, hold them. You're the only precious metals person I know and trust so could you research this for me?".

These meant a LOT to her grandfather so my first thought is that HE knew the value of gold, in any forms, so it would be a shame and insult to him to sell them off to a cheap scam..keep it in the family. She also knows the value of gold as she is my small town Asst Banker but is hard up for cash-for-the-kids and could not accept my gold bullion barter for her husband's home improvement services. She wants to acquire and hold some gold/metals and this may be their start...small as it may be, but it's a start.

What does the Forum recommend? I'll pass the ideas along to her. Many thanks.

bulloncoins

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Dental gold is mostly 10K...The pay out will not be large as most of the weight is in the tooth itself...I don't know of anyone who holds gold in this form...I would sell to a scrap dealer and buy silver with the proceeds. Gold is gold...there is just not a lot of it there in what she has.

WhyKnow

Thnk Tank
Gold Chaser
Sell them on ebay with the picture of the tooth with gold on a gram scale. Will get way more than a scrap dealer.
Gold crowns can be removed from teeth with a pair of pliers. (A small sand blaster will clean out the glue.) Gold crowns should be 14-18kt,
white gold with porcelain can be 10kt with a high remainder Pd, Ag for the metal portion.
LOOK at this: Bids are over $90 for a gold crown of unknown purity on a tooth still. The whole thing with the root is five grams. The selle only has 20 feedback selling household stuff and mercury dimes. Easy peasy-- http://www.ebay.com/itm/scrap-gold-...205?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1f9db74d

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sell them on ebay with the picture of the tooth with gold on a gram scale. Will get way more than a scrap dealer.
Gold crowns can be removed from teeth with a pair of pliers. (A small sand blaster will clean out the glue.) Gold crowns should be 14-18kt,
white gold with porcelain can be 10kt with a high remainder Pd, Ag for the metal portion.
LOOK at this: Bids are over $90 for a gold crown of unknown purity on a tooth still. The whole thing with the root is five grams. The selle only has 20 feedback selling household stuff and mercury dimes. Easy peasy-- http://www.ebay.com/itm/scrap-gold-...205?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1f9db74d
Sell them on ebay with the picture of the tooth with gold on a gram scale.
Excellent advice.
Ebay is the land of people buying Jesus on a piece of toast.
Looks like there are folks that want to buy gold because it is on a human tooth, rather than in spite of it.

WhyKnow

Thnk Tank
Gold Chaser
Looks like there are folks that want to buy gold because it is on a human tooth, rather than in spite of it.
Note the dirt under the fingernail holding that nasty thing, lol. Not that dirt is bad....

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Should she "buff out" the plier marks?
Any chance grandpa worked graves registration in the US Army, WWII? Just wondering.

HistoryStudent

Midas Member
Midas Member
Should she "buff out" the plier marks?
Any chance grandpa worked graves registration in the US Army, WWII? Just wondering.
Take them to a local HONEST coin store that buys the gold scrap. Unless you want to make up some story that interests
the MORBID public and go Ebay as WHYNOW suggested.

Gold is gold. It just needs to be more FUNGIBLE - move into cash then back to gold or silver ASAP.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fungible

mm

Sell them to the Swiss bullion banks .... I hear their ingots are chuck full of dental fillings donated by the German government ....

earplugs

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
1. String them together on a necklace and wear it.

2. Change your name to Dr Deathmurderkillnownownow.

tomexxtra

Seeker
Seeker
Dental gold is mostly 10K...The pay out will not be large as most of the weight is in the tooth itself...I don't know of anyone who holds gold in this form...I would sell to a scrap dealer and buy silver with the proceeds. Gold is gold...there is just not a lot of it there in what she has.
Dental Gold is Mostly 16 Karat, we pay more for that than the 14 K jewelry, but not as much as
18 K.
You do have to break away any tooth or porcelain inside to get an accurate weight.
Once you clean it it's fine, it's Gold nothing grotesque about it. I suggest they wait for that $3000
gold price before selling it.

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Trade it off for gold coins and bars now, or the nice goobermint men WILL change the rules on you.:36_2_36: Might want to donate that money...:36_2_36: