• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What's Cracking In The Garden 2017

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Plants are amazing. Unbelievable how they can heal themselves ad continue on to make a seed. Some stuff got shredded by hail but it has started on again. Potatoes are doing great and taste good too. Raspberries got dinged but men they still taste mighty fine. Buddy came over and we spent 20 minutes just picking and eating. Wife says I gotta pick her a couple gallons for jam and I suppose it can be done. Poor old cucumbers seem to have got er the worst but I'm betting on them buggers to produce even more now.

Jarrod them all ^^^^ look mighty fine and tasteful.

sunshine alley

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Plants are amazing. Unbelievable how they can heal themselves ad continue on to make a seed. Some stuff got shredded by hail but it has started on again. Potatoes are doing great and taste good too. Raspberries got dinged but men they still taste mighty fine. Buddy came over and we spent 20 minutes just picking and eating. Wife says I gotta pick her a couple gallons for jam and I suppose it can be done. Poor old cucumbers seem to have got er the worst but I'm betting on them buggers to produce even more now.

Jarrod them all ^^^^ look mighty fine and tasteful.
Agreed….Im amazed at how tiny seeds are for vegetables like kale or swisschard and how those tiny seeds grow into such large leaves that produce for months. Truly remarkable , but some people are much more impressed with American idol.

sunshine alley

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If anyone likes spinach or leafy greens, and you live a area that has hot summers/climate ,. try out MALABR SPINACH. This stuff will not stop growing and I havent found 1 insect that bothers it. It also produces large black seeds so you can harvest them for next years garden.

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If anyone likes spinach or leafy greens, and you live a area that has hot summers/climate ,. try out MALABR SPINACH. This stuff will not stop growing and I havent found 1 insect that bothers it. It also produces large black seeds so you can harvest them for next years garden.
I just let some volunteer wild spinach (lambsquarter) grow in a few spots. Its 5 ft tall - more greens than I need. Lol.....

sunshine alley

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I just let some volunteer wild spinach (lambsquarter) grow in a few spots. Its 5 ft tall - more greens than I need. Lol.....
is that like polk salad, that needs to be boiled and drained off then boiled again before eating ?

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Looks like you cleared the shelves...err dirt at your local market! Good haul.

0725180949f.jpg

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
The chickens don't eat yer plants?

BF
If you mean the cannabis plants , yes...
But chickens can only jump so high..
They can trim the lower branches all they like..
Its a symbiotic thingy...
As long as they work the earth a little and fertilize a little , I don't mind them free ranging , not free loading..
Each bird poops about 1/4 pound a day...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If you mean the cannabis plants , yes...
But chickens can only jump so high..
They can trim the lower branches all they like..
Its a symbiotic thingy...
As long as they work the earth a little and fertilize a little , I don't mind them free ranging , not free loading..
Each bird poops about 1/4 pound a day...
Love it! It would be an honor to hang out in your garden all day absorbing knowledge.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Love it! It would be an honor to hang out in your garden all day absorbing knowledge.
hahahahaha!...you might absorb some things alright , we always keep a bag of goodies in the fridge.

more damage , heavy winds this time , split right in to....gorilla tape to the rescue.

0725181839.jpg 0725181840.jpg 0725181841.jpg 0725181842.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Those ought to be strong azz plants by the time harvest comes around. What doesn't kill em can only make em stronger!

It's pretty obvious how fond the chickens are of the herb plants. Spoiled I'll tell ya! :)

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Those ought to be strong azz plants by the time harvest comes around. What doesn't kill em can only make em stronger!

It's pretty obvious how fond the chickens are of the herb plants. Spoiled I'll tell ya! :)
Those broken branches?....I suspect some fowl play was at work....

The same plant split again today after heavy rain and hail so I just chopped it down...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Those broken branches?....I suspect some fowl play was at work....

The same plant split again today after heavy rain and hail so I just chopped it down...
Only the strong survive. Let that be a lesson to the other plants...only break if you become a big flowery bush!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Livin large Jerrod. Livin large indeed. Thats a juicy look cantaloupe ya got there.

Last night my buddy and I tried our first table queen heirloom squash. He was told it's either native to the area or some such. It was delicious! Tasted like anything from tender steak to the perfect potato with gravy! Delightful.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Got this last night in exchange for a pinky nail sized nug. So like $4 worth.

trade.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I wouldn't say boring, more like your life is meaningful and you are aware. Appreciation for the wonders that sustain you and become part of you. Simplicity is the highest form of sophistication.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My Rose of Sharon an hour ago
ros.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Requested strain!

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You guys are doing great. Garlic and what onions grew I already harvested. 1 green pepper and a 2nd on the way. LOL. I think I have a tomato turning red as well. This logging really screwed me up and not much got planted because of it. Still have peppers and tomatoes to go in and will do that tomorrow. A few things are better than nothing I suppose.

Started a bunch of sativa strains too. Have to finish them inside this winter. Then cure them til next summer (6 months minimum) Oh and a strain called white walker Kush. Absolutely amazing. Floppy as all hell and couldn't support a knats ass on a diet but worth every bit of effort.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
You guys are doing great. Garlic and what onions grew I already harvested. 1 green pepper and a 2nd on the way. LOL. I think I have a tomato turning red as well. This logging really screwed me up and not much got planted because of it. Still have peppers and tomatoes to go in and will do that tomorrow. A few things are better than nothing I suppose.

Started a bunch of sativa strains too. Have to finish them inside this winter. Then cure them til next summer (6 months minimum) Oh and a strain called white walker Kush. Absolutely amazing. Floppy as all hell and couldn't support a knats ass on a diet but worth every bit of effort.
Holy FARK! Flat out re-donkulous strain! Never heard of it before. My buddy in Maine had OG Kush and I became a fan instantly. Like the Greenhouse seeds guy says, "It's all about the taste."

But gawd, this looks like a high yielder of fat buds

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yea flavor is very good and its just an overall good smoke except for the floppy stems. Might just be the pheno I have. I shared a cut with a friend and he shared a cut with a friend. went right to #1 on both their lists.

The Pre 98 bubba kush was one of my all time favorites. Maybe #2 on the list. There's about 9 gazillion OG's out there now. I've tried a few. Not an expert on all of them though. There's a Tahoe OG thats a huge yielder and very good smoke. Also left coast OG isn't bad.

Going with sativa for motivation and uplifting highs instead of the couch lock.. I always have to much to do to smoke the indicas and mello out.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Sons of gardeners. Ya'll is making me mouth water something fierce with your early harvest of great looking grub. We won't have corn for months yet[if at all]. Been great weather for pot plants but them who didn't water sure got fizzled plants now. Supposed to be warm for the next couple days and then a cool down to temps I like.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
View attachment 107745
Harvested the remaining 28 garlic plants, I think we had 32 total of 3 varieties.

View attachment 107746
Most of the red onions ready to harvest, the yellows no so much. This is about half our plants on the drying rack. Smaller bulbs this year overall.

View attachment 107747

Some random stuff. Good luck out there folks.
Dazzling corn, vibrant squash and chubby cukes!

Those red O's look good, cant recall anyone I know growing them before.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
pyramid , what varieties of garlic did you plant and do you buy new seed or put some back for next years crop?........also , what variety of tomato is that?.....enjoy that harvest!....

we are trying to eat 4-6 cloves of garlic a day , and a couple onions , and a cucumber , every day , living out of the garden as much as possible ...bring on the garlic/onion bad breath/bo jokes..........

cigarman , wishing you the best on this years crops.....will your sativas finish in time?......the P98 is a top herb in the indica dept for us..the chocolaty coffee earth taste is delicious and unmistakable...
we prety much stay with the sativas and will use indicas at night or for chronic pain..
the daytime sativa doesnt necessarily take away the pain as much as it gives me a good attitude and an i dont really care about the pain , if that makes sense.

that plant that i tried to rescue with the gorilla tape feel apart the other night.....we had 40-60 mph winds and hail which tore the girlup...i will try and get a photo. otherwise , everything else was ok except a few tomato plants which i will try and tie back up to their poles.

we planted a dozen more hot jalapeno plants and that many watermelons/cantaloupes which we hope to enjoy this late Fall...of course Mother Nature could have other plans , in which case the chickens may be enjoying some green melons this winter.........

Back to pulling fecking weeds!.........i should post some photos of those bass turds!...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
pyramid , what varieties of garlic did you plant and do you buy new seed or put some back for next years crop?........also , what variety of tomato is that?.....enjoy that harvest!....

we are trying to eat 4-6 cloves of garlic a day , and a couple onions , and a cucumber , every day , living out of the garden as much as possible ...bring on the garlic/onion bad breath/bo jokes..........

cigarman , wishing you the best on this years crops.....will your sativas finish in time?......the P98 is a top herb in the indica dept for us..the chocolaty coffee earth taste is delicious and unmistakable...
we prety much stay with the sativas and will use indicas at night or for chronic pain..
the daytime sativa doesnt necessarily take away the pain as much as it gives me a good attitude and an i dont really care about the pain , if that makes sense.

that plant that i tried to rescue with the gorilla tape feel apart the other night.....we had 40-60 mph winds and hail which tore the girlup...i will try and get a photo. otherwise , everything else was ok except a few tomato plants which i will try and tie back up to their poles.

we planted a dozen more hot jalapeno plants and that many watermelons/cantaloupes which we hope to enjoy this late Fall...of course Mother Nature could have other plans , in which case the chickens may be enjoying some green melons this winter.........

Back to pulling fecking weeds!.........i should post some photos of those bass turds!...
Eat away cracker, can't smell ya from here! :)

RE:Sativa, yeah, it calms the nerves and helps me to cope with myself and the surrounding idiots. WONDER DRUG!

Why not let the broken girl heal herself and see what happens? SHould be hearty enough no?

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Hearty enough if the dumb gardener would have been diligent and staked her and a few other bushes up properly...
I have 100 excuses....
Some made it and some didn't...

0728180945.jpg
0728180945a.jpg

And this one was propped up until the Calvary got there...

My sincere apologies for the cockeyeyed photos..I've tried everything in my pea brain to fix the Android problem but alas , no luck... Sorry. 0728180946.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
OOh I just love the slender look of a sativa! So graceful like FLOTUS in a gown. : )

That ghetto tape job looks like it was pulled straight from the Ozarkatecture handbook Cracker! That girl done EXPLODED! Sure it wasn't hit with lightening!?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Sorry to hear about the loss and hard weather.
Thank you for the kind wishes.. Not much going on here. The sativa will def not finish outdoors. Some of them need to go 4-5 months. Forgot to pop them in March LOL. It's ok though I have other ways to finish them.
Yes the coffee cocoa from that pre 98 is amazing.. Lost mine a few years back to mites. Had a couple people send me what they had but it wasn't the right one, probably an s-1. If there was only 1 plant I could grow forever that would be it. take it at 56 days for an uplifting motivational high. 65 days for a relaxing end of day high and 70 plus days if you want to sleep good. The flavor comes shining through at anytime. Just an amazing gal.

Hope the rest of your year goes better for ya. :).

Had to edit, just saw your last post.. Oh shit.. Sorry man. That does not look good. :(

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
pyramid , what varieties of garlic did you plant and do you buy new seed or put some back for next years crop?........also , what variety of tomato is that?.....enjoy that harvest!...
Our current garlic seed stock is from a local farm that grows 2 acres of garlic every year, among other things. It's probably not organic and may or may not be heirloom like the rest of our stuff from that originates from Seed Savers. Varieties are Chesnok Red, Great Northern White, and Persian Star. The Great Northern White cloves are ginormous:

gar0727 008.JPG

We will use the cloves as seed stock for next years plants.

The tomatoes are Cherokee Purple and Missouri Pink. Both organic and heirloom from Seed Savers.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++