• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

What's Cracking In The Garden 2017

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Rough start to the season here also. We had snow on the ground only ~10 days ago, the last 3 days have been in the 80's with strong wind.

Fall garlic is looking good, fall spinach may have croaked under the last blizzard we had ~3 weeks ago.

The onion sets and pea seeds we planted against better judgement 4 weeks ago haven't done squat because of the snow and cold, but should emerge if we get some rain, same goes for the radish seeds we planted on Sunday.

Moved our indoor seedlings outside as the threat of frost has subsided. We'll get cracking this weekend on soil prep and perhaps planting some more stuff. We desperately need rain. Thunderstorms moving through the area in the next 36 hours but not a drop of rain yet. I'm going outside to perform a rain dance. Good luck out there folks.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Dust sucks and we have eliminated most dust storms here with zero till seeding.
I got in the gardens today as I pruned the two raspberry patch's.
Man is there a swack of ladybugs in the bottom of them.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Chit fire and save matches its busy in here ..
Pyramid , sounds like where we are at..we just moved seedlings outside to hoop house..same on garlic and onions..although our peas did come up but stalled out after transplanting from nice warm room to outdoors..
Coopersmith , you are spot on about the drought and that fvcking fake drought map...I need a flat earth map....
Its greener in Lamar , south of here..
And , it's greener to the north from about Hugo or Kiowa right up to Ft Collins..pastures are green , cottonwood trees are green and plum trees are budding purple all over....
But south of Hugo to about May Valley , its dry as fuk!...
None of the cottonwood trees in the Big Sandy are green...no leaves..pastures are brown....
I'm gonna call the extension dept in Eads and see if they have current drought news..
I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen in with my own eyes today...
Just east of Kiowa on Scenic 86....

0502181738c.jpg 0502181738b.jpg 0502181738a.jpg 0502181737e.jpg 0502181737d.jpg 0502181646_HDR.jpg

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Whats your soil temp up there spinal cracker, we are at 62 here at 8 am -ish...........

More uppotting today I think, and into the cold frame then another round of seed onto the heat mat. It might go a little slower than normal I think I have a concushion. My vision is all fucked up.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Cooper , I will check today.
Sounds like we are on a similar schedule.
We removed the clear poly and put up the 80-20 shade cloth..
Wtf!..we went from snow a week ago to the 90's this week!..
Guess I better start some fecking melons....
Last year the transition from 24/0 lights to outdoors did a number on a couple cannabis plants.
. We are about 14 hours light now so 8 put a few out in the hoop house..hope they don't go into flower...I may string a lite or two out 5here just in case...
Its balls to the walls in the garden now........
Stay away from the glyphosate.
Farmers are sicker and commit suicide more than the general population.
I believe the root cause of the spike in sickness is glyphosate exposure.
But I don't know shit.

8987c863faad1e13cbaf70a0888b41ef.jpg 73ad4bda0d16ad56d5e6c59d73a0c673.jpg

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Melons arent ready to be sowed. and they need to go in the ground, not in a pot..........

There is an old saying and I cant remember it. Goes kibnd of like......
plant your squash seeds and when they come up plant your cucumbers. When they come up plant your melons. Most melons are 90 days er so, they like warm dirt, theyll fly out of the ground.

yer a jumpy sort aint you, got the spring fever bad. Dont fuck yourself, it could still snow.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
We were raised where one called breakfast breakfast , dinner dinner , and supper supper ...
We did not call supper dinner.
We never ate dinner at supper time.
How many meals did I miss?..
I am eating leftover goulash and dill pickles for dinner.
Right now.
Its break time.
We had goulash for supper last night.
I will not lie.
I ate lunch more than once.
But I prefer dinner.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
We've been raising chickens, so fresh eggs in the morning are normal for our family.

This season I get back to tomato growing......

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Farmers are sicker and commit suicide more than the general population.
I believe the root cause of the spike in sickness is glyphosate exposure.
I don't believe that for a second. I do believe that dealing with the pressure put on them by nature and the banks is more the culprit.

I've also used glyphosate to aid in my weeding of the high crop by placing a plastic cup[with a piece of soil on top/bottom to keep the Fn things from blowing over] upside down over each plant, then spraying. Works well when in a hurry and the patch is thick with weeds[which mine is especially stinging nettles].

I planted 37 plants[I started in the house for 12 days] on Sunday into real cool soil up here. I've found the little plants or just seeds do better than bigger transplanted ones. I figure the roots have a better life if they are not impeded in growth by a pot or lack of area to keep going.

Getting our first taste of rain this year this morning which will help bring on the weeds in the fields. I haven't sprayed an acre this year cause nothing is growing but I bet come Saturday we'll be balls to the wall.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Jury's still out on glyphosate as far as I'm concerned. I've just no real evidence, as to it's controled use for what it's intended for, causing me any issues. I do use it sparingly around the place, the farmer that cash rents my farm land does use it. I do not use it around my garden plants, only on fence rows etc., along with other chemicals, to control weeds taking over the fences. Also, use Crossbow and Barrier when Roundup isn't enough.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
This season I get back to tomato growing......
Have 7 of the 9 planted in the ground including 2 German Queens, 2 Mr. Stripey, and 2 Cherokee Purples.
Most are drought resistant which is a plus for my region.

Last edited:

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
We have finally gotten a bit of rain. A little over an inch in the past few days. The gardens are mostly ready to go. When my drip tubing gets here monday, well begin putting the plants and seed in the ground. Soil temp 65 degrees.

Argent Dragon

Site Support
Site Bus
Site Supporter
Got the garden in today, so we're off on another season of adventure.
And the strawberries are blooming, so it looks like we are off to a good start...
Nice layout Jarrod and thanks for sharing your pics !!!

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Ole spinal cracker is getting him a rain up there in the dry lands. Spinal cracker give a holler when its over and let us know what you got in your gauge. Im curious, that radar looks like a winner.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Ole spinal cracker is getting him a rain up there in the dry lands. Spinal cracker give a holler when its over and let us know what you got in your gauge. Im curious, that radar looks like a winner.
1 1/2 inches of hail so far...

0518181839.jpg 0518181418.jpg

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Hey Coopersmith , the rain gauge has us at 1" on the money....
A few lingering showers this morning makes this hot coffee and weed sure taste good...
You know how anal some people can be about germinating cannabis seeds , presoak , paper towels , tails pointing down , or was that up?..
Hell , we just threw some leftovers from making hash on the rocks by the gutter on the downspout...
No problemo....

0519180858.jpg

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Pickin' strawberries here this week - until they are done, then probably blueberries, and raspberries. Several things like lettuce, green onions, spinach for salads are also on. Lots of rain here. Already hilled the few potatoes I put in, once, think I'll just straw 'em real heavy instead of trying to hill them again.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Good on you, cracker. Love them golden chickens. Do they lay golden eggs? :Happy::Happy: [we see you]

image.jpg

And, damn, I'm jealous of everyone's garden plots — All my property is on a 15° slope, making it hard to raise much of anything but blackberries. But, boy howdy do I have blackberries, as you can see here in my back yard —
P1010508.JPG

A pretty effective fence.

BF

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey Coopersmith , the rain gauge has us at 1" on the money....
A few lingering showers this morning makes this hot coffee and weed sure taste good...
You know how anal some people can be about germinating cannabis seeds , presoak , paper towels , tails pointing down , or was that up?..
Hell , we just threw some leftovers from making hash on the rocks by the gutter on the downspout...
No problemo....

View attachment 104069
You must have loved that rain good for you.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Glad to hear you got some rain spinalcracker, weve been getting some too. was at the car show in lamar last nite when a doozy of a hail storm rolled in, and dented fuck out of a bunch of cars ill never be able to afford. lot of long old man faces to be seen..........I parked down the street under an elm tree at my buddies, my old piece of shit made it out swimmingly.

Im in the same boat as you, everything is in the cold frame waiting to go in the ground. Got my 6 plants ready as well: digweed (sweettooth x afghani), barbara bud (shiskaberry x afghani), bubba kush, ghost og, cherry pie, and jackie o. also got 3000 cannatonic HEMP cuts at another place on deck..........

So whats it gonna be spinalcracker, whos got balls big enough to put everything out, right smack in the middle of hail season? Once when I lived across the street from you, I put a bunch of tomatoes in those beds I had on the w side of the coldframe in the back yard. 2 hours later ole mo nature beat em into the ground. Ill remember that as long as I live.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Coopersmith , I may ask Scorp to ban the word hail from this Thread!...I did about 25 years in Oklahoma and Kansas , I'm thinking root crops..
Only thing out is garlic , onions , and a few peas.
I will start transplanting from the hoophouse this week. Going to be near 90 degrees all week!..
We have Legend OG , Jackie-O , Chocolate Diesel , Original Diesel AJ Cut , Petroila Headstash x Afghani , Lucinda , Lemon Beatty , Black Tooth Grin , Jalalbad Star , Cred x Cheese , C99 , OG Jam , Siberian Frost , and da Bomb .... I'm forgetting a few other flavors.
We will be using all organic teas and lots of Spinosad.

Good luck with your Hemp!..hot damn that's a lot of clones!.
Hemp is getting hot out here. Mitcheck family is getting into it.
Hell , there have been a few Seminars out here this year on Growing Hemp in Colorado.
Do you know how much hemp an individual can grow without the $500 permit?.
Can you imaging all eastern Colorado blowing up hemp!?..Who needs dry land wheat and corn and fuk RoundUp!..
Unca Walt , its so easy even a caveman can do it.

Time to wake the birds up.
We are burning daylight.

FB_IMG_1526466079940.jpg
0516181700.jpg
0516181701a.jpg

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Took the morning off[acyually gave the help the afternoon off yesterday so it would be useless to try and work him this morning] and will cultivate the garden's for planting this week. I got's more damb maples growing in the main garden than weeds. Looks like every one of them damb copter seeds grew and what a pain to pull them outta the raspberries. Neighbor decided to plant last weekend and lost it all thursday night as it froze goooood. One shouldn't laugh at black tomatoes but I couldn't help myself. The high plants are very frost resistant and came through with flying colors but I need to water them.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Spinalcracker --

My biggest plant EVER was about the size of the one in the left bucket. It was protected by a hardware cloth wire cage...

...which was ripped off, and the plant (including the fargin roots!) was eaten by peacocks. (*sob*)

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Spinalcracker, it is my understanding it is illegal to grow hemp in any quantity without the permit from the state dept of agriculture. Licensed hemp must also pass the THC test before it can be used. Any plots with overages must be destroyed.

I think most attempts by conventional farmers to grow hemp will flop, ill tell you why, and ive already seen it first hand last year.

You cant spray the weeds out of hemp, you have to cultivate, then hand hoe it. It does not shade the ground enough, like corn, to prevent weeds. A good 7/8 of farmers here are so fucking lazy if it cant be done w a tractor it is beyond them. There just aint enough wetbacks around anymore that want to work, to keep it hoed.

There is no govt subsidized crop insurance for hemp, most farmers wont take that risk.

There is no provision in the farm program for hemp, in fact I know a farmer who was kicked out of the program for growing hemp, he only had 20 acres. Something about breaking his allotment rotation, er some such shit I didnt really understand.

Hemp will not do well here as a dryland crop. It needs more water than what falls out of the sky.

There is limited processing available. I know where there is 2 yuuuuge hay barns near holly FULL of baled hemp, that none wants, most processors already have there contract growers, its a closed market.

I dont think those half breed michecks stand a chance. I figured by now most of em had od'd like sam did over in CW. You cant farm hemp from the seat of a 300 hp john deere.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Walt , I am so fecking proud of you for trying to grow your own medicine!..
What!?..
It's NOT medicine!?..
Who said that?..
Come on , I fecking dare you to say cannabis is not medicine.
Pull your head out of your rectum , pull real hard cause those sphincter muscles are like an English bulldog , and read some of these....
Let's put this debate to rest once and for All......

Cancer

Over 100 Scientific Studies Agree: Cannabis Annihilates Cancer
by DailyHealthPostMay 12, 2018

The healing properties of cannabis are nothing new. In ancient India, cannabis was used to treat ailments such as insomnia and pain.
The Greeks used it to cure ailments such as nosebleeds and tapeworms. In Medieval Islam, history shows cannabis used as a diuretic, antiemetic, and antiepileptic (1).
Even in the West, cannabis was the primary pain reliever prescribed by doctors until Aspirin took its place in 1897.

Up until the “war on drugs” began around 1937, there were at least 2000 different cannabis-based medicines on the market (2).
Today, the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) still labels cannabis a Schedule I drug in many states because “it has a high potential for abuse and the potential to create severe psychological and/or physical dependence.” (3).
With the advent of the medical marijuana movement in the US, however, more studies are being funded to determine the actual healing potential of this herb.
Cannabis and Cancer
Despite the onslaught of negative warnings about cannabis, most of which are likely linked to or generated by drug companies that stand to lose billions on dangerous cancer drugs should cannabis be recognized as an effective natural alternative, there are countless cannabis cancer studies proving the herb’s powerful anti-cancer properties

The National Cancer Institute, mandated by US law to educate Americans about cancer and the latest research efforts, even shows that cannabis does, in fact, kill cancer cells (4).
The organization admits that the cannabinoids in cannabis inhibits tumor growth by causing cells to die, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of the blood vessels tumors rely on for growth.

It also reveals that cannabis is effective for dealing with a variety of cancer-related symptoms such as nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, pain and sleep disturbances.
One 2013 study shows cannabidiol (CBD) has very powerful anti-cancer agents, which is important because researchers also determined that some cancerous cells are actually more sensitive to CBD-induced apoptosis (cell death) (5).
There are also numerous studies on the tetrahydrocannabinol

Traditional medicinal plant backed by modern medicine
Breast cancer

A study in Molecular Cancer Therapeutics explored the relationship between the use of cannabidiol (CBD) and the subsequent down regulation of breast cancer tumor aggressiveness. The researchers concluded that CBD represents the first nontoxic agent to decrease the aggressiveness of metastic breast cancer cells in vivo.

Several additional studies support these findings, including “Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion and metastasis” and “Cannabinoids: a new hope for breast cancer therapy?

Furthermore, the journal PLoS One reports further evidence of how cannabinoids modulate breast cancer tumor growth and metastasis by inhibiting specific receptors.

Colon cancer

As published in Pharmacological Research:

“Studies on epithelial cells have shown that cannabinoids exert antiproliferative, antimetastatic and apoptotic effects as well as reducing cytokine release and promoting wound healing. In vivo, cannabinoids – via direct or indirect activation of CB(1) and/or CB(2) receptors – exert protective effects in well-established models of intestinal inflammation and colon cancer.”​
The team concluded that the administration of cannabinoids “may be a promising strategy to counteract intestinal inflammation and colon cancer.”

Moreover, research in the Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology established that colon cancer cell lines were strongly affected by cannabinoids.

Leukemia

Cannabis was shown to induce cytotoxicity in leukemia cell lines, according the the journal Blood:

“We have shown that THC is a potent inducer of apoptosis, even at 1 x IC(50) (inhibitory concentration 50%) concentrations and as early as 6 hours after exposure to the drug. These effects were seen in leukemic cell lines (CEM, HEL-92, and HL60) as well as in peripheral blood mononuclear cells.”​
It also did not appear that the cannabis was simply aiding other chemo drugs — it was independently bringing about results with the active compound THC responsible for cancer cell death in vitro.

Likewise, a study in the Molecular Pharmacology Journal found that non psychoactive cannabidiol dramatically induced apoptosis (cell death) in leukemia cells. “Together, the results from this study reveal that cannabidiol, acting through CB2 and regulation of Nox4 and p22(phox) expression, may be a novel and highly selective treatment for leukemia.”

Two additional studies, “p38 MAPK is involved in CB2 receptor-induced apoptosis of human leukemia cells” and “Gamma-irradiation enhances apoptosis induced by cannabidiol, a non-psychotropic cannabinoid, in cultured HL-60 myeloblastic leukemia cells“, also demonstrated the effectiveness of cannabis in promoting leukemia cell death.

Immunity

Research published in the paper Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids found that cannabinoid compounds play a vital role in modulating the immune system to improve the outcome of a cancer diagnosis. In short, the team believes “[t]he experimental evidence reviewed in this article argues in favor of the therapeutic potential of these compounds in immune disorders and cancer.”

Moreover, the study Cannabinoids and the immune system confirms that cannabimimetic agents have substantial effects on natural killer cells, thereby providing therapeutic usefulness in reducing tumor growth and the induction of apoptosis. Therefore, cannabis demonstrates a “subtle but significant role in the regulation of immunity and that this role can eventually be exploited in the management of human disease.”

Cervical cancer

Uterine cervical cancer cells are significantly influenced by cannabis as well. Published in Gynecologic Oncology, the research team discovered that the compound induced apoptosis in cervical carcinoma (CxCa) cell lines.

Melanoma

The most deadly form of skin cancer, melanoma has relatively few options of treatment beyond prevention and early detection. With this in mind, the findings of the study Cannabinoid receptors as novel targets for the treatment of melanoma are of particular note. In animal tests, cannabinoids encouraged cancer cell death, while decreasing growth, proliferation and metastasis of melanoma cells.

Non melanoma skin cancers also respond well to cannabinoids. According to research in the Journal of Clinical Investigation:

“Local administration of [cannabinoids] induced a considerable growth inhibition of malignant tumors generated by inoculation of epidermal tumor cells into nude mice. Cannabinoid-treated tumors showed an increased number of apoptotic cells. This was accompanied by impairment of tumor vascularization, as determined by altered blood vessel morphology and decreased expression of proangiogenic factors (VEGF, placental growth factor, and angiopoietin 2). … These results support a new therapeutic approach for the treatment of skin tumors.”​
These are just a few examples — among hundreds — that demonstrate the effectiveness of cannabis in eradicating cancer without adverse side-effects. Additionally, the following documentary explores the history and modern uses of cannabis to heal serious diseases such as cancer, AIDS, Crohn’s disease & more:

Medical Cannabis and Its Impact on Human Health: a Cannabis Documentary

Scientific Studies from the National Institute of Health
If you’re still in doubt regarding the effectiveness of cannabis for healing cancer, have a look at these 100+ scientific studies from the National Institute of Health:

Cannabis kills tumor cells

Previous ArticleTranscending The Victim/Perpetrator Cycle
Next Article Striking the Balance: Why Optimal Body pH Matters and How to Achieve It
Over 100 Scientific Studies Agree: Cannabis Annihilates Cancer

Print Friendly or Save as PDF

By Carolanne Wright
Contributing writer for Wake Up World
Considering that up until about 85 years ago, cannabis oil was used around the world to treat a variety of diseases, including cancer, it is not surprising that the phasing out of cannabis to treat illness coincided with the rise of pharmaceutical companies.
Rick Simpson, a medical marijuana activist, is on a crusade to help others heal. He regards cannabis as the most medicinally active plant on the face of the earth, and shared this apparent miracle with others — completely free of charge. He now has thousands of testimonials from those who were healed from ‘incurable’ disease to back up his claims ~ that cannabis annihilates cancer.

For the naysayers out there who are still not convinced about the effectiveness of cannabis for curing cancer, the astounding healing attributes of the plant are well documented by a wealth of peer-reviewed studies.

Traditional medicinal plant backed by modern medicine
Breast cancer
A study in Molecular Cancer Therapeutics explored the relationship between the use of cannabidiol (CBD) and the subsequent down regulation of breast cancer tumor aggressiveness. The researchers concluded that CBD represents the first nontoxic agent to decrease the aggressiveness of metastic breast cancer cells in vivo.
Several additional studies support these findings, including “Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion and metastasis” and “Cannabinoids: a new hope for breast cancer therapy?
Furthermore, the journal PLoS One reports further evidence of how cannabinoids modulate breast cancer tumor growth and metastasis by inhibiting specific receptors.
Colon cancer
As published in Pharmacological Research:
“Studies on epithelial cells have shown that cannabinoids exert antiproliferative, antimetastatic and apoptotic effects as well as reducing cytokine release and promoting wound healing. In vivo, cannabinoids – via direct or indirect activation of CB(1) and/or CB(2) receptors – exert protective effects in well-established models of intestinal inflammation and colon cancer.”​
The team concluded that the administration of cannabinoids “may be a promising strategy to counteract intestinal inflammation and colon cancer.”
Moreover, research in the Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology established that colon cancer cell lines were strongly affected by cannabinoids.
Leukemia
Cannabis was shown to induce cytotoxicity in leukemia cell lines, according the the journal Blood:
“We have shown that THC is a potent inducer of apoptosis, even at 1 x IC(50) (inhibitory concentration 50%) concentrations and as early as 6 hours after exposure to the drug. These effects were seen in leukemic cell lines (CEM, HEL-92, and HL60) as well as in peripheral blood mononuclear cells.”​
It also did not appear that the cannabis was simply aiding other chemo drugs — it was independently bringing about results with the active compound THC responsible for cancer cell death in vitro.
Likewise, a study in the Molecular Pharmacology Journal found that non psychoactive cannabidiol dramatically induced apoptosis (cell death) in leukemia cells. “Together, the results from this study reveal that cannabidiol, acting through CB2 and regulation of Nox4 and p22(phox) expression, may be a novel and highly selective treatment for leukemia.”
Two additional studies, “p38 MAPK is involved in CB2 receptor-induced apoptosis of human leukemia cells” and “Gamma-irradiation enhances apoptosis induced by cannabidiol, a non-psychotropic cannabinoid, in cultured HL-60 myeloblastic leukemia cells“, also demonstrated the effectiveness of cannabis in promoting leukemia cell death.
Immunity
Research published in the paper Prostaglandins, Leukotrienes and Essential Fatty Acids found that cannabinoid compounds play a vital role in modulating the immune system to improve the outcome of a cancer diagnosis. In short, the team believes “[t]he experimental evidence reviewed in this article argues in favor of the therapeutic potential of these compounds in immune disorders and cancer.”
Moreover, the study Cannabinoids and the immune system confirms that cannabimimetic agents have substantial effects on natural killer cells, thereby providing therapeutic usefulness in reducing tumor growth and the induction of apoptosis. Therefore, cannabis demonstrates a “subtle but significant role in the regulation of immunity and that this role can eventually be exploited in the management of human disease.”
Cervical cancer
Uterine cervical cancer cells are significantly influenced by cannabis as well. Published in Gynecologic Oncology, the research team discovered that the compound induced apoptosis in cervical carcinoma (CxCa) cell lines.
Melanoma
The most deadly form of skin cancer, melanoma has relatively few options of treatment beyond prevention and early detection. With this in mind, the findings of the study Cannabinoid receptors as novel targets for the treatment of melanoma are of particular note. In animal tests, cannabinoids encouraged cancer cell death, while decreasing growth, proliferation and metastasis of melanoma cells.
Non melanoma skin cancers also respond well to cannabinoids. According to research in the Journal of Clinical Investigation:
“Local administration of [cannabinoids] induced a considerable growth inhibition of malignant tumors generated by inoculation of epidermal tumor cells into nude mice. Cannabinoid-treated tumors showed an increased number of apoptotic cells. This was accompanied by impairment of tumor vascularization, as determined by altered blood vessel morphology and decreased expression of proangiogenic factors (VEGF, placental growth factor, and angiopoietin 2). … These results support a new therapeutic approach for the treatment of skin tumors.”​
These are just a few examples — among hundreds — that demonstrate the effectiveness of cannabis in eradicating cancer without adverse side-effects. Additionally, the following documentary explores the history and modern uses of cannabis to heal serious diseases such as cancer, AIDS, Crohn’s disease & more:
Medical Cannabis and Its Impact on Human Health: a Cannabis Documentary

Scientific Studies from the National Institute of Health
If you’re still in doubt regarding the effectiveness of cannabis for healing cancer, have a look at these 100+ scientific studies from the National Institute of Health:
Cannabis kills tumor cells
Uterine, testicular, and pancreatic cancers
Brain cancer
Mouth and throat cancer
Breast cancer
Lung cancer
Prostate cancer
Blood cancer
Skin cancer
Liver cancer
Cannabis cancer cures (general)
Cancers of the head and neck
Cholangiocarcinoma cancer
Leukemia
Cannabis partially/fully induced cancer cell death
Translocation-positive rhabdomyosarcoma
Lymphoma
Cannabis kills cancer cells
Melanoma
Thyroid carcinoma
Colon cancer
Intestinal inflammation and cancer
Cannabinoids in health and disease
Cannabis inhibits cancer cell invasion

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Our community garden is our main garden. Our house is older and suffers from lack of direct sunshine due to mature trees that make growing anything other than cool-season and shade-tolerant crops all but impossible. We'll get our home gardens going soon with mostly herbs; our strawberries and other spring crops are doing ok at home.

IMG_4775.JPG
The work in progress at main garden.

IMG_4781.JPG
All but done. All that's left are the tomatos, peppers, and eggplant that will fill in the space on the right. We added our own compost to all the rows and holes where stuff was planted or seeded. We're going fairly heavy with straw mulch to prevent weeds, reduce watering, and add organic material to the soil. Also mulched the walkways with coco bean shells for aesthetics, additional nutrients and organic matter. Good luck out there folks.

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
S of a B. We is gonna have a banner year of Tent caterpillars around us. The bushes is full of the little crawlers and I'm betting they is gonna eat the leaves off everything here. May keep the tomatoes in the house just cause. I've seen them so bad that the highway gets greasy with their carcass's on bad years. Wife asked if raid will kill them and I said, "I ain't buying a can of raid the size that will kill them all".

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You need paals of chickens.......be sure not to feed em. Its a fabulous thing when you get it going.

What the [L] is a paal?
We got chickens but they ain't gonna be able to eat this invasion.
Mind you with 200 running around the yard they saved the garden from hoppers a few years back.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The framer that cash rents my fields has had his tractor and bean drill sitting out there in my front field for almost a week. It started raining when he brought it in, has not dried out enough for him to come back and plant his beans.

I hand planted some corn yesterday, I think it is some kind of black Mexican corn, not sure, it could be some kind of cross with some other as it was some seed I had saved, not out of a package.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The framer that cash rents my fields has had his tractor and bean drill sitting out there in my front field for almost a week. It started raining when he brought it in, has not dried out enough for him to come back and plant his beans.
Similar story in this area. Farmers that were able to take advantage of the brief, warm, dry stretch in early May and got the fields tilled and seeded are sitting pretty. Those that could not are in the waiting game as we've gotten hammered with 2 thunderstorms since then and the fields are wet or flooded along waterways. I hazard a guess that only ~20% of the fields have been planted. Hope they have crop insurance as it could be a tough year. Corn and soybean futures are on the rise accordingly.