• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

When can we call it a stock market "crash"?

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Burn, baby, burn!

(Loving my popcorn.)

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I always heard a pull back was 5-10% and a "correction" was 50% of tbe gain......not sure what a "crash" is

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
No matter what they call it.....its reality that markets dont always go up as some think

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
They need today's 3% and another 3% to bring it into correction phase. I am bullish < 23k. Intraday down the road could touch 21s.

Traderjoe

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
In 1987 the dow fell 22%.
This is big but by no means is the sky falling.....yet.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The skeptic in me says it is being engineered by a group who doesn't want Trump to be able to talk about huge market gains. Another thought is it's a good buying opportunity to pick some select names like Berkshire Hathaway, Boeing, FB, Microsoft, Amazon and Google.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
They can officially call it a market crash when wealthy bankers start taking swan dives off of buildings in lower Manhattan. Not before.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Wow. Hit -1500 before bouncing. I'm sure it was all of the short-sellers covering at the day's end. They made a KILLING! It was like sharks with blood in the water.

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
And gold is just hovering. I'll bet when the stock market bounces back up (tomorrow?) gold will lose $15 or so.

Traderjoe

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
The skeptic in me says it is being engineered by a group who doesn't want Trump to be able to talk about huge market gains. Another thought is it's a good buying opportunity to pick some select names like Berkshire Hathaway, Boeing, FB, Microsoft, Amazon and Google.
They use politics for monetary gain. The algorithm players could have possibly put on a huge short and covered in the last hour of this market day making nearly 1000 points in their favor.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If one is into picking stocks, then I will go with your 2nd thought in that it is possibly being a good opportunity to buy some top names. But if the DOW and S&P continue to fall from here........................................

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
If one is into picking stocks, then I will go with your 2nd thought in that it is possibly being a good opportunity to buy some top names. But if the DOW and S&P continue to fall from here........................................
Never try to catch a falling knife. P/E average is still too high.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Never try to catch a falling knife. P/E average is still too high.
Yep I agree with that. Since I do not do stocks, then I do not have to worry about it. The P/E ratio is way too high. The P/E ratio will still be too high if it drops another 3% - 5% from current levels.

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
"Funny", all of the "expert" maroons on Fox Business are saying this is a buying opportunity. They said the same thing on Friday with the DJIA down a "satanic" 666.:belly laugh:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My buddy Peter nailed it on Friday

Peter Schiff‏ @PeterSchiff 52m52 minutes ago
Looks like my podcast on Friday calling for a black Monday today may have been correct. Those who listened to it are not surprised by what is happening today. Those who watch fake financial news on cable TV are.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
In 1987 the dow fell 22%.
This is big but by no means is the sky falling.....yet.

The DOW in 1987 was at 2246 on Oct 19, 1987. After the trading day was over on Oct 19, 1987, it finished at 1738.74. The DOW is currently down 1023 points but it is down only about 4% on a percentage basis. The "circuit breakers" would not allow it to drop 22% in one day like it did in 1987.

Traderjoe

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
If you play or are invested in the market they (the big dogs) use fear to scare small players out
and take their money. They are ruthless bunch of assholes. Consider market investments carry risk of loss and probably you shouldn't have your money in the market if you need it.
My name here (TraderJoe) is not what it may seem. Think of the grocery market rather than the stock market.
Although, I do keep one eye on the stock market.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The Banker's wanted the Pats to win and this is their way of payback.

You heard it here first. (snicker)

Jim Rickards‏ @JamesGRickards 21m21 minutes ago
Maybe the 3.25% decline in stocks today is a carefully engineered distraction from the fact that bitcoin is down 10.65% today.

SC

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
If you play or are invested in the market they (the big dogs) use fear to scare small players out
and take their money. They are ruthless bunch of assholes. Consider market investments carry risk of loss and probably you shouldn't have your money in the market if you need it.
My name here (TraderJoe) is not what it may seem. Think of the grocery market rather than the stock market.
Although, I do keep one eye on the stock market.

I do not have any stocks or stock mutual funds but I still watch the markets, I watch the stock, bond, PM's and crypto markets on a daily basis. It is just a weird habit that I have. LOL!!!!

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
My broker has been reaching out to me every day now for a week. He asked if I wanted to inject some of the cash I have sitting on the side into the stock market. I told him not on your life, this is only the beginning! There's a lot of falling yet to be done! I'll wait until the bodies start piling up on the sidewalks in front of tall buildings!

Last edited:

<SLV>

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Hard to imagine how many small players got stopped out in all of this
There was so much action that the closing price is still falling as they settle all of the trades. At close they said -800, now they are saying -1175. I haven't looked at volume yet, but I guess it was monumental.

Remember the PPT (Bernanke)? I guess that went away with Trump.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
There was so much action that the closing price is still falling as they settle all of the trades. At close they said -800, now they are saying -1175. I haven't looked at volume yet, but I guess it was monumental.

Remember the PPT (Bernanke)? I guess that went away with Trump.
The NeverTrumpsters are preparing their 'Trump's fault the market is crashing' internet articles that we'll read in the Daily News tonight and tomorrow

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The NeverTrumpsters are preparing their 'Trump's fault the market is crashing' internet articles that we'll read in the Daily News tonight and tomorrow

El Trumpster took all the credit as stocks went up.

If he is an honorable man... :belly laugh: ... he will accept (at least some) responsibility as it goes down.

Truth is, presidents don't have all that much impact on stock markets. It's all about the Federal Reserve and easy or tight money.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This should have happened in 2008 when the market was less than half where it is now.