• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Where can you download historic gold and silver chart excel files?

JamesP

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to know if anyone might know where I can download historic gold and silver charts in excel/.csv format?

What I'm trying to do is create some charts that show gold and silver ratios to other investment vehicles such as the DOW or Nasdaq.

I spent a few hours looking last night and came up with nothing. Finding the DOW chart was relatively easy at yahoo finance but when it comes to gold and silver I couldn't find a thing.

Thanks in advance

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member

JamesP

Those excel files are great, any idea where people get data for earlier time periods and if they might have an excel sheet for them? The gold and silver charts I pulled all started in the 70s for pricing.

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
Economic History Resources - What was the price of gold then?
http://www.measuringworth.org/gold/
Provides the historical gold prices for the following periods and markets:

- British Official Price for the years 1257 to 1945
- U.S. Official Price for the years 1786 to 2001
- New York Market Price for the years 1791 to 1998
- Gold/Silver Price Ratio for the years 1687 to 1998
- London Market Price for the years 1718 to 2001

tyrian

I wrote the spreadsheet at http://investexcel.net/4333/historical-gold-silver-prices-excel/. The worksheet downloads historical prices (between two user-specified dates) for gold and silver in your currency of choice.

I'm updating the sheet to also plot technical indicators like RSI and MACD (and grab prices for other precious metals). If there's any features you'd like to see, let me know.

NEW: Here's the updated version with precious metal prices and technical trading charts

Samir

Last edited: