• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Which Trump approval poll is right?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I tend to give Rasmussen a little more credibility because it is the only poll to predict his win in 16

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Granted I am in indiana, but I hear no one that has a negative view of trump outside of university areas.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
A lesson from the Australian Federal Election ---> Discount any polling that uses social media, it will skew you too far left.
That's my thinking too...however, that polling is a glimpse to the future as most young people use social media and have been indoctrinated to lean left, even if they are "conservative".

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Granted I am in indiana, but I hear no one that has a negative view of trump outside of university areas.
We wouldn't expect Indiana to be in contention, but then again we wouldn't expect Texas to be a tossup state either.
Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 1.25.47 AM.png

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Looks like the polls we had calling for a Labor (left) win down here... they were so far off it was a huge public embarrassment for them. Ironically Labor's internal, and unreleased, polling was giving them better information. I know when I was polled I lied, just because of the way things are, I can imagine the effect is worse over there with the total, and very embarrassing, hatchet job your press attempt on Trump every day of the week. Seriously it makes your country look like a circus, even our bias press don't go that batshit crazy on our right leaning "Liberal" leadership. Just to remind people Liberal is right in Australia... closer to what true Liberal once was in the US.

I'd sit back and wait and see, there could be a few surprises here. It is just possible that the Google/Twitter effect will produce a backlash that undermines what they are pushing for.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I just did a google trend search, trump v clinton across the 2016 period. Ironically, google after all, it was a better forecaster than the polls!

It will be interesting to see what it delivers across the next election cycle.

It worked for our election. Liberal v Labor.

?!

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Looks like the polls we had calling for a Labor (left) win down here... they were so far off it was a huge public embarrassment for them. Ironically Labor's internal, and unreleased, polling was giving them better information. I know when I was polled I lied, just because of the way things are, I can imagine the effect is worse over there with the total, and very embarrassing, hatchet job your press attempt on Trump every day of the week. Seriously it makes your country look like a circus, even our bias press don't go that batshit crazy on our right leaning "Liberal" leadership. Just to remind people Liberal is right in Australia... closer to what true Liberal once was in the US.

I'd sit back and wait and see, there could be a few surprises here. It is just possible that the Google/Twitter effect will produce a backlash that undermines what they are pushing for.
The polls (except Rasmussen) already were embarrassed in 2016. They are a guesstimate at best. I generally pay less attention to the absolute numbers and more attention to the way things are trending and why.

Trump has a solid base of support, and there is a narrow band of voters who are not dead set in the for or against camps.
A lot can happen with that group between now and when the democrats choose their anointed one, never mind the general election.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
A lot can happen with that group between now and when the democrats choose their anointed one, never mind the general election.
Yeah! Looks like it is going to be an unmitigated poo fight! I have plenty of pop corn @ the ready.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeah! Looks like it is going to be an unmitigated poo fight! I have plenty of pop corn @ the ready.
Biden is already fading. He always does.

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 1.41.48 AM.png