• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

white high skool sprinter blowing away the competition

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Fastest in the country.

10.22 100 m

Berlin 2009 - Usain Bolt with a New World Record in 9.58 over 100 m

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Fastest in the country.

10.22 100 m

Berlin 2009 - Usain Bolt with a New World Record in 9.58 over 100 m
maybe fastest high skooler? but yeah, sub 10's are done. maybe when he gets in college and gets roided up like the rest of those sprinters he'll join the 9 club

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
maybe it's because he goes to a school where females aren't allowed to attend. no distractions

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
How long before he goes transsexual?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The fact that this kid has his own thread here on GIM is proof of how rare a feat this is for a white guy!!

Of course, if it wasn't for the tailwind the kid may have finished last! Does this mean he cheated or something?

It won't count as the official record because he had a 4.2 mph tailwind at his back

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I remember when Tiger Woods was taking golf by storm. Hollywood and mass media was all over it like stink on shit, all day every day for months on end. White guy taking sprinting by storm? They will bury it.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Nah.

Headwind and tailwind
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A tailwind is a wind that blows in the direction of travel of an object, while a headwind blows against the direction of travel. A tailwind increases the object's speed and reduces the time required to reach its destination, while a headwind has the opposite effect.

In aeronautics, a headwind is favorable in takeoffs and landings because an airfoil moving into a headwind is capable of generating greater lift than the same airfoil moving through tranquil air, or with a tailwind, at equal ground speed. As a result, aviators and air traffic controllers commonly choose to take off or land in the direction of a runway that will provide a headwind.

In sailing, a headwind may make forward movement difficult, and necessitate tacking into the wind.

Tailwinds and headwinds are commonly measured in relation to the speed of vehicles — commonly air and watercraft — as well as in running events — particularly sprints.

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headwind_and_tailwind
I'm being sarcastic Searchy. The kids was moving much fast than the tail wind, which....IMHO, negates any advantage it may have represented. The fact that he lost the 'official' record because of a 4 mph tailwind is laughable!

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I'm being sarcastic Searchy. The kids was moving much fast than the tail wind, which....IMHO, negates any advantage it may have represented. The fact that he lost the 'official' record because of a 4 mph tailwind is laughable!
No, a tailwind still helps even if you are traveling faster than the wind.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well, I know one thing-I couldn't catch him......so if'n I caught him bailing out the back door or the window I would shoot first and piss on him later...

IT's a joke.....f'er is fast though.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Shootie: Picture yourself paddling a canoe in a river. As you paddle downstream, since you are pushing LESS water with the nose of your canoe than if you were going upstream, you get a tad extra speed.

This runner's nose (and the rest of his canoe-body) has to push slightly less air outa the way.

Pussanal note: The ONE TIME I hit 14 flat, I had a light tailwind.

Lastly, if you use the concepts of Differential Calculus (eg: endpoints) you can see it clearly. Suppose he was running 25MPH. And the wind behind him was 25mph. He would be running in "still air" and he would not have to move any air at all. Less effort = bonus speed.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Shootie: Picture yourself paddling a canoe in a river. As you paddle downstream, since you are pushing LESS water with the nose of your canoe than if you were going upstream, you get a tad extra speed.

This runner's nose (and the rest of his canoe-body) has to push slightly less air outa the way.

Pussanal note: The ONE TIME I hit 14 flat, I had a light tailwind.

Lastly, if you use the concepts of Differential Calculus (eg: endpoints) you can see it clearly. Suppose he was running 25MPH. And the wind behind him was 25mph. He would be running in "still air" and he would not have to move any air at all. Less effort = bonus speed.
I humbly submit to your logic sir!

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This is still a high school kid. His body and muscle structure is still maturing and his natural testosterone levels are still building muscle mass.
Once he gets to college and next level training in technique and strength "Katy Bar the Door".
If this kid stays healthy you might see him busting Bolt's records in the future. JHMO ( You go Kid)

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
This is still a high school kid. His body and muscle structure is still maturing and his natural testosterone levels are still building muscle mass.
Once he gets to college and next level training in technique and strength "Katy Bar the Door".
If this kid stays healthy you might see him busting Bolt's records in the future. JHMO ( You go Kid)
yup. but he'll need to do roids to be on a level playing field

insert list of highly decorated track athletes busted for roids here

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
his national record is the fastest in all conditions -- including all wind aided times ever recorded

https://www.gosanangelo.com/story/s...boling-strake-jesuit-houston-2019/3630125002/

Texas high school sprinter breaks national record in 100-meter dash

Matthew Boling of Strake Jesuit in Houston is making headlines after breaking the high school record for the fastest 100-meter dash with a blistering time of 9.98 seconds at the Class 6A Region III track and field meet this past Saturday.

However, according to the Houston Chronicle, Boling's time won't go down as a national record due to a 4.2-mph wind, but his time is the fastest "all conditions" record in high school history.

According to news.com.au, Boling is the first U.S. teenager since Trayvon Bromell to run the 100 in under 10 seconds. Bromell was clocked at 9.99 in 2013. His time was also wind-assisted.

All eyes will be on Boling next week when he competes at the UIL state track meet in Austin.

According to texastrack.com, the previous fastest time for the 100 in Texas high school history was 10.13 by Galveston Ball's Derrick Florence in 1986. That was also a national record.

engineear

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
My Gawd.

On my very best day on the track team in HS, I did the 100 YARDS!! in 14 flat. (Meters hadn't been invented yet. :-) )
Back in the early 60"s the country was on a physical fitness kick. At our elementary school we had to do 20 pull-ups and 20 push ups in x amount of time and some other time related running. I was 12, just going into junior high and did the 100 yd dash in 12 seconds. Always remembered the 12/12 thing. There was 1 guy a tick faster and he ran flat footed, never could beat him and don't understand how he ran so fast like that. Later on in the 90's when Phoenix had the Super Bowl and the NFL Experience was here, they had a 50 yard dash on Astro turf set up. Now in my 40's I tried running on that against my young kids. It was very sticky to run on. Very strange feeling. Don't remember the time but I barely beat my kids and haven't run anything like that since...other than sneaking up on the dog and racing past her only to be overtaken within a few bursts of her lightening speed...even at 10+ years. The knees no workey like before.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
here's the record breaker....running against the biggest high skoolz in texas, 6A regional meet. he's drawing away from a very talented field. 6A tx regional likely has other college bound sprinters running with him. dude is a freak

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
no one trick pony -- tops in the nation in the 100, 200, and long jump

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sp...-good-test-before-district-track-13724943.php

The Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays are the perfect stage for Matthew Boling.

Two weeks ago at the Texas Southern Relays, the Strake Jesuit senior set the top marks in the country in the 100-meter dash (10.22 seconds) and 200-meter dash (20.58).

At that point, Boling already owned the nation’s top long jump at 25 feet, 0.5 inches but he extended the mark to 25-2.5 at the Victor Lopez Classic at Rice University last week.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Takes one to know one.:2 thumbs up:

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Back in the early 60"s the country was on a physical fitness kick. At our elementary school we had to do 20 pull-ups and 20 push ups in x amount of time and some other time related running. I was 12, just going into junior high and did the 100 yd dash in 12 seconds. Always remembered the 12/12 thing. There was 1 guy a tick faster and he ran flat footed, never could beat him and don't understand how he ran so fast like that. Later on in the 90's when Phoenix had the Super Bowl and the NFL Experience was here, they had a 50 yard dash on Astro turf set up. Now in my 40's I tried running on that against my young kids. It was very sticky to run on. Very strange feeling. Don't remember the time but I barely beat my kids and haven't run anything like that since...other than sneaking up on the dog and racing past her only to be overtaken within a few bursts of her lightening speed...even at 10+ years. The knees no workey like before.
We had the same chit in the 60’s in California.....

I did the 50 yd dash in 5.9....

Funny , we had a flat footed runner on the track team , dude was unbeatable in anything over a 100 yds...

Once he got those flat feet going the sound was unique as he ran past us slowpokes....

Remember Jim Ryan from Kansas?...
That boy could run for his time...

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Kid is built like a stud.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
see the boy tied the all-time national 100m record for non-wind this past weekend. add that to the list

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
What does he eat for breakfast? Eggs and toast.

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
already on the juice? georgia signed him early because he was one of the best 400 meter runners. then he uncorks this 100, 200, long jump stuff

wtf
I wouldn’t call steroids unless there was evidence.

The kid might have just been working at his craft for a long time and just might be genetically gifted.

The kid looks muscular but not bulky.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
and just might be genetically gifted.
In HS many many years ago there was a white guy on the cross country team.

Brian. That guy was a gazelle! He could do 2 miles in nothing flat. Left all us clunkers in the dust.

He was a natural. Long legs and could fly like the wind long after we were tired out.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
here's the new record at the state meet for texas' highest classification, 6A -- he blows away the other D1 college bound sprinters in the race