• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Who had a "Gut Feeling" about Bitcoin?

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
LOL Dude's bitcoin still hasn't moved. Wonder if he was unable to find the wallet.dat file. Pity, those two bitcoins were worth a whopping 31.97FRNs when he received them, but now they're worth 5182. A gain of 16,109%. Well more than that for Dude, since he paid nothing for them.
https://blockchain.info/address/158iTXT8utndZC1EtwRoinVcib4ibJc5wd

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Today (June 12), I decided to take another swim in the counter-party risk infested "banker's pool" by buying 2 shares of GBTC at $387.75 in my trading account. So far, I have been down as much as 3.51%. I am walking on the wild side today as a degenerative speculator in GBTC. I am wishing myself luck.

You might ask why would I do it? Because I am a crazy MFer.
I decided to get out of the banker's pool when I got out of GBTC earlier this morning at $400/1 GBTC (I bought in at $387.75/1 GBTC) A net trading profit (after paying commissions) of only $10.59 but it was a trade that, for some reason, I felt like making. It's good enough for me as a degenerate speculator. As of now, I am officially out of GBTC and my trading account is now in cash waiting for the next opportunity wherever it arises. Even though I am out of bitcoin, I am still in cryptos with my long-term positions in alt-cryptos Whitecoin (XWC), Dogecoin (DOGE) and Bitshares (BTS).

Speaking of Bitshares, The FRN proceeds ($1011) from last Saturday's sale of 3060 Bitshares (BTS), showed up in my bank account this morning and I immediately withdrew that amount and most of that will be spent on '70's silver art bars that I find during the remainder of this week. The remaining 3651 BTS that I have in my Bitshares wallet are currently valued at 13,370 satoshi per BTC (~$0.36 per BTC).

I am satisfied with my Bitshares performance and I am satisfied with my last GBTC trade. I am a happy degenerate speculator. At the moment, I have my popcorn and will just watch the Bitcoin price movement to see where it goes.

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
A short while ago, CNBC just did a "One Week on Bitcoin" segment during squak box and it was basically a CNBC beat reporter trying live off of bitcoin by using bitcoin for daily purchases at various places in New York City. In conclusion....Bitcoin process was too slow (transaction speed issue), too cumbersome and paying a higher premium using BTC vs. using USD. They also talked about the use of blockchain technology. They also talked about bitcoin not having regulation as the reason for bitcoin not having mainstream usage yet which is a contradiction since Bitcoin is supposed to not have any gov't backing or regulation.

Once bitcoin took off from $980 to the current price, CNBC is on this almost everytime I turn on CNBC.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yeah, they seldom miss an opportunity to bash on bitcoin in lamestream media. That said, there are issues currently with the blockchain as the miners(mostly in China) are blocking innovation which would speed up confirmations.

In August there's a soft fork being unleashed to basically force a vote. If successful the miners would be forced into compliance and some speed optimizations would be implemented. The miners are blocking this, presumably because they believe their fees will drop if larger blocks and segwit are incorporated. It should be fascinating to watch play out.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I looked up the date when I last looked at Bitshares (BTS). The last time that looked at my BTS investment was on November 16, 2014 (based on my old BTS wallet). The BTS price on November 16, 2014 was 4607 satoshi. On Saturday (June 10, 2017) the BTS price was at 11,795 satoshi when I sold 3060 of my Bitshares investment on the Bittrex exchange. On a BTC satoshi basis, BTS was up 156% from November 16, 2014 to June 10, 2017 when I sold 3060 BTS for 11,795 satoshi/BTS on June 10, 2017 and still have 3651 BTS remaining of my BTS investment.

EDIT (4:36 PM): Bitshares (BTS) is now up to 13,588 satoshi/BTS.

Last edited:

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
So here's a "found some change in a couch cushion" story for you SA.

I was checking out an exchange called coinex and noticed a familiar ticker "ECC". It used to be called EasyClearCoin, but now it's called eCurrencyCoin. So anyway, I wondered if it was the same chain as an orphaned coin I stacked years ago and turns out it is the same chain, but under a different name and dev team. Next I looked up my old default address and checked to see if there was still a balance...and there was. 148m as a matter of fact.

https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/address/Eex76NoVVtq5zzyt5MB4xKe9KQu8hvmnh3

So how much are these long forgotten imaginary currency chits worth to an interested degenerate speculator? Welp, as it turns out it's the biggest gainer for the past week...ainec:

So...where is that wallet.dat?!? Oh, if I only made a backup!

I'm meticulous with my backups...I have 6 backups of that file. Current value of that tiny 120kb file as I type this? 57btc

Nomis Elpmis

Minimalist
Silver Miner
Are you saying you found and retrieved around a $150,000? If so, that's spectacularly degenerate..:-)

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
So here's a "found some change in a couch cushion" story for you SA.

I was checking out an exchange called coinex and noticed a familiar ticker "ECC". It used to be called EasyClearCoin, but now it's called eCurrencyCoin. So anyway, I wondered if it was the same chain as an orphaned coin I stacked years ago and turns out it is the same chain, but under a different name and dev team. Next I looked up my old default address and checked to see if there was still a balance...and there was. 148m as a matter of fact.

https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/address/Eex76NoVVtq5zzyt5MB4xKe9KQu8hvmnh3

So how much are these long forgotten imaginary currency chits worth to an interested degenerate speculator? Welp, as it turns out it's the biggest gainer for the past week...ainec:

So...where is that wallet.dat?!? Oh, if I only made a backup!

I'm meticulous with my backups...I have 6 backups of that file. Current value of that tiny 120kb file as I type this? 57btc
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!! I wished that I found that much in cryptos. Congrats. I like that "found some change in a couch cushion" story. I went ahead and I double checked all of my couch cushions and I did not find any more "loose change" cryptos. The only alt cryptos that I have are Bitshares, Dogecoin and Whitecoin. I am still pleasantly surprised about my Bitshares(BTS). I am also happy that I sold some of my BTS and I plan to use some of the profit from that BTS sale to buy some '70's silver art bars. Unlike my bitcoin investment from last month, I did not completely get out of Bitshares since I currently have 3,651 BTS remaining in my wallet.

I am also on point when it comes to backing up every single wallet of each crypto that I have. For people reading this post and this thread and who are new to cryptos, THE most important thing is to make a backup of your wallet file. That is one thing that I learned that has stayed with me since I became interested in cryptos. After I "found" my Bitshares and got the new Bitshares 2.0 wallet going and my account balances present and accounted for, the 1st thing that I did was make backups of that wallet file which is a BIN file instead of a JSON file.

I am long overdue on saying this but.........I really want to say thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience on cryptos and discussing it on this thread and your "Cryptorials" thread. Even though my main focus is everything related to 1-oz '70's silver art bar collecting, I do invest in and follow cryptos. I am always learning something when I read this and your "Cryptorials" thread. I feel better that I am not the only degenerate speculator on GIM.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Wow, that's awesome man! I'm really happy for you.

I am long overdue on saying this but.........I really want to say thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience on cryptos and discussing it on this thread and your "Cryptorials" thread.
I'd like to add my thanks too, Solarion. You've been very helpful and it's much appreciated.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Are you saying you found and retrieved around a $150,000? If so, that's spectacularly degenerate..:-)
Dunno what the monopoly funny munny value works out to be. I actually found another address when I got it synced so there were more than I thought.
https://www.blockexperts.com/ecc/address/EKZyrNFqxAGg27bLzYYdu3N3SWA79kq1vH

...then they staked as soon as I got the wallet online so I got a bonus 27,237,006 from that. It was maddening waiting for 50 confirms before moving them though....all told it was 236,797,646. Quite a strange evening.
I am long overdue on saying this but.........I really want to say thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience on cryptos and discussing it on this thread and your "Cryptorials" thread. Even though my main focus is everything related to 1-oz '70's silver art bar collecting, I do invest in and follow cryptos. I am always learning something when I read this and your "Cryptorials" thread. I feel better that I am not the only degenerate speculator on GIM.
I'd like to add my thanks too, Solarion. You've been very helpful and it's much appreciated.
Thanks for the kind words guys. I've learned a whole lot from these pages because of all the great personalities and collected wisdom here at GIM2. It's nice to give something back when you're able.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
WHEW!!!!! I am glad that I got out of GBTC yesterday at $400 because it was down 12% today to finish at $350 at the close of trading day today. No more walking on the wild side for me on GBTC. I was a crazy Mfing degenerate speculator doing that GBTC trade but I am glad that I made a little pocket change ($10.59 net trading profit) yesterday when I sold at $400 yesterday. I will leave the bankster derivatives trading to the professionals. SMH for continuously swimming in the shark-infested "banker pool". SIGH!!!!!!

EDIT: Bitcoin is down to $2584.35 (Coindesk quote).

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yep. Fail to get through a significant digit and pay the pricetag. I stacked some sexy ag eagles, generic rounds, and various gyft cards ahead of this drop vs gumbymint funny munny.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Now's the time to get in if you're not. No doubt most will instead refrain because...well it's dropping now. lol

I'm actually stacking litecoins ahead of the bip148 deadline. Irregardless of what happens, I suspect litecoin will outperform in here.

Here's the miner's response to the softfork threat to reign in the miners:

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/bitmain-responds-uasf-another-hard-fork-announcement/

Amazing to watch this play out in a(mostly) free market. The only reason mining is centralized to China is due to gumbymint interference in power costs.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Not I, but then there are hundreds of alts I've never traded and have no interest in trading.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Speaking of Bitshares, The FRN proceeds ($1011) from last Saturday's sale of 3060 Bitshares (BTS), showed up in my bank account this morning and I immediately withdrew that amount and most of that will be spent on '70's silver art bars that I find during the remainder of this week. The remaining 3651 BTS that I have in my Bitshares wallet are currently valued at 13,370 satoshi per BTC (~$0.36 per BTC).
Mission accomplished........I used a small amount of the FRN profit proceeds from the sale of 3,060 Bitshares(BTS) crypto to buy some '70's silver art bars. I ended up buying seven 1-oz '70's silver art bars and I also bought 4 SAE's (3 of the 1997 mint year and + 1 of the 1986 mint year) with the BTS crypto profit. 11 troy oz's silver total and I still have skin in the Bitshares game with 3,651 BTS. That's good enough for me.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
What's the deal with Bitcoin Plus? In the past 90 days it's went from $3.50 to $200. Woulda been nice to have gotten on that train. lol

Oops, now it's $168. $156. $172. That was quick.

Last edited:

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
And I see coinbase was having issues again when the price spiked down. I see why you don't like them as well.
Exchanges have gone the way of the dodo for less than the flash crash in ethereum.
What's the deal with Bitcoin Plus? In the past 90 days it's went from $3.50 to $200. Woulda been nice to have gotten on that train. lol

Oops, now it's $168. $156. $172. That was quick.
XBC has the markings of a pump and dump scam to me. If you check the market view you'll find that 99.75% of all volume takes place at one exchange and one pairing. I don't know anything about it technically though...so hey, maybe it's better than sliced bread. lol

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Not hard enough. I'd like to see the ETH scam return to zero...where it belongs.
There was computational power, and electricity, a lot of it, involved with producing that bitcoin. Just like gold required much human labor to extract, so it will not become zero.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Ethereum isn't bitcoin...it was pre-mined and sold.

In fact Ethereum isn't a coin at all, but instead it's a platform for dumb, buggy, defective contracts that hackers can exploit almost at will. It should be renamed bankster bailout non-coin. lol

Last edited:

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
There was computational power, and electricity, a lot of it, involved with producing that bitcoin. Just like gold required much human labor to extract, so it will not become zero.
LOL. I paid a guy $1000 to dig a hole in my backyard and then paid another guy $1000 to fill in that hole in my backyard. I'm glad to know you think I've improved my property by $2000 due to all the labor that went into that.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
^^^IOW Muh gold stack!!! ZOMG bitcoin hurt muh gold stack! lol

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
LOL. I paid a guy $1000 to dig a hole in my backyard and then paid another guy $1000 to fill in that hole in my backyard. I'm glad to know you think I've improved my property by $2000 due to all the labor that went into that.
Well, no, because it didnt accomplish or find anything.

If you spent weeks digging in the ground and you found a gold nugget that weighs 2 ozs, would you give it away? Thought not.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Interesting discussion with Bix Weir about gold, silver, and cryptos. I personally think he's all wet re: Ethereum, but time will tell.

HOT!!! BIX WEIR - Silver,Gold & Bitcoin Interview(30m16s)
How to Make Silver Great Again (JUNE 24,2017)

In today’s insightful interview Bix Weir shares useful information regarding the suppression of Silver and the untold amounts of Gold hidden in Reserves.
We also look into the huge potential of Silver breaking out from its suppression and the opportunities presented to us by not just Bitcoin but the number two Digital Currency, Ethereum.

TOPICS IN THIS INTERVIEW:
The suppressing of Silver provides a good buy opportunity
Central Banks prepping for a Silver breakout!
Silver hasn’t been freely priced since the mid 1800’s
JP Morgan holds 500 million ounces of physical Silver
Opportunities presented by Crypto Currencies
Bitcoin VS Ethereum and the combined potential
The hidden reserves of Gold in an unpredictable World
How to make Silver great again!

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Well, no, because it didnt accomplish or find anything.

If you spent weeks digging in the ground and you found a gold nugget that weighs 2 ozs, would you give it away? Thought not.
LOL you still don't get it. The argument was made that because a lot of labor/computer power went into running some queries, the resulting cybercurrency could never become worthless. I could run random number generator programs all night and all I'll have is a really high electricity bill. If you don't see the connection then I can't help you.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Bitcoin broke below my trendline in a meaningful way a few minutes ago, so I swapped some coin for silver as I usually do in these cases. Went with eagles from silver.com as they've been at or near the lowest prices online, give a discount for bitcoin purchases, and have given me good service to date.

It has since bounced back a bit, but I think the damage is done and we're heading lower even as the crap dollar dissolves vs the Euro. Go figure.