• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Who had a "Gut Feeling" about Bitcoin?

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
XRP has been making deals with credit card companies and banks are starting to use their technology. Also, it is rumored that Coinbase will be adding XRP Q1 2018.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
XRP has been making deals with credit card companies and banks are starting to use their technology. Also, it is rumored that Coinbase will be adding XRP Q1 2018.
Yep that makes sense to me for XRP to go up like it did since the bankers are using their technology. There was also a CNBC article talking about Ripple being a "survivor" after the "bubble bursts" and I suspect that contributed to XRP's recent big increase in price. I could be wrong here but I think that Etheruem went up like it did in 2017 because the major corporations (like Microsoft) like the idea of "smart contracts" and announced that it will use the ETH blockchain for that reason. I guess when there are announcements from bankers and other corporations that they are going to use a certain blockchain technology for whatever purpose, then that will make it go up.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Coinmarketcap.com currently shows Bitcoin is down to $12,734 (down 12.3%). Ripple (XRP) is still up (up 21.3%). ETH down 7%. BTS is up 11% vs BTC. Mostly red today in the crypto market at the moment.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Meanwhile over the same period of time while bitcoin has dropped 25%, my silver feels approximately 10% heavier.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
In an earlier post on this thread, I said that I was going to wait until Bitshares(BTS) reached at least the 8000 - 10,000 satoshi range to take another profit. I changed my mind. On Tuesday (Jan. 2, 2018), I decided to sell 1,097 BTS for 6100 satoshi/BTS. After converting it to BTC and selling the BTC I made an overall net profit (after paying transaction fees) of $892.59 from selling 1,097 BTS. After that sell, I have 2551 BTS left in my wallet and I plan to keep it for the time being.

I also got the hell out of DOGE. I sold my entire Dogecoin (DOGE) position (about 64,808 DOGE) for 62 satoshi/DOGE earlier today. After converting it to BTC and selling the BTC, I made an overall net profit (after paying transaction fees) of $575.46. I am completely out of DOGE.

I am happy with my crypto profit. I am still in crypto with 2,551 BTS remaining in my BTS wallet. I plan to use my crypto profits to buy more '70's silver art bars.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
In an earlier post on this thread, I said that I was going to wait until Bitshares(BTS) reached at least the 8000 - 10,000 satoshi range to take another profit. I changed my mind. On Tuesday (Jan. 2, 2018), I decided to sell 1,097 BTS for 6100 satoshi/BTS. After converting it to BTC and selling the BTC I made an overall net profit (after paying transaction fees) of $892.59 from selling 1,097 BTS. After that sell, I have 2551 BTS left in my wallet and I plan to keep it for the time being.

I also got the hell out of DOGE. I sold my entire Dogecoin (DOGE) position (about 64,808 DOGE) for 62 satoshi/DOGE earlier today. After converting it to BTC and selling the BTC, I made an overall net profit (after paying transaction fees) of $575.46. I am completely out of DOGE.

I am happy with my crypto profit. I am still in crypto with 2,551 BTS remaining in my BTS wallet. I plan to use my crypto profits to buy more '70's silver art bars.
Smart to dump that empty bag to the next sucker. Unfortunately, most of the guys I see pumping in here will ride this turd all the way to the basement.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Smart to dump that empty bag to the next sucker. Unfortunately, most of the guys I see pumping in here will ride this turd all the way to the basement.

With Bitcoin being at $15,000 when I sold my DOGE and BTS, my profits in DOGE and BTS were much bigger than I expected.

The worst case scenario for me now would be if BTS went all the way to zero. If that happens, then MEH. If BTS goes to "da moon", then YAY!!! Either way I am happy taking a profit in cryptos to start off 2018 in a good note investment-wise. I hope that BTS continues to go up so I can take another profit. I will see how things play out for BTS.

Even though I missed the bitcoin run-up from $2000 to $19,800, I still benefited indirectly from Bitcoin's huge rise when I sold some of my BTS and all of my DOGE.

I am happy with my crypto profits and still have crypto skin in the game (in BTS) to potentially make more profit. No complaints here.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Bitshares (BTS) has now dropped to 4931 satoshi/BTS. It has dropped 19% since taking a profit on Tuesday when it was at 6100 satoshi/BTS. I am glad that I sold some BTS at 6100 satoshi/BTS on Tuesday (Jan. 2, 2018) when I had the chance to do so. I would have still had a profit at 4931 satoshi but it would not have been as big. At 4,931 satoshi, Bitshares(BTS) is still up 493% from it recent low from 2017 of around 831/satoshi. Meanwhile Bitcoin is up nearly 8% to $16,095. Dogecoin(DOGE) is up to nearly 70 satoshi but I do not regret selling all of my DOGE at 62 satoshi/DOGE. My gut feeling tells me that the DOGE pump is going to end soon and that is why I sold all of my DOGE at 62 satoshi/DOGE which is up 244% from last years low of 18 satoshi/DOGE. I still think that BTS is going to continue to go up and that is why I still have 2,551 BTS left in my wallet but it is taking a breather hence the nearly 20% decline from 6100 satoshi/BTS. Just my take on this.

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
A day after selling all of my DOGE at 62 satoshi/DOGE......................It is currently gone up to 83 satoshi/DOGE-------------> DAMN I AM GOOD!!!!! LOL!!!!!

3 days after selling 1,097 Bitshares(BTS) at 6,100/BTS on Tuesday (January 2, 2018).................It is currently down to 4491 satoshi/BTS ------> LUCKY ME!!!!!

EDIT: I still think that DOGE is in the final stages of it "pump" before it begins its "dump" (i.e. going down). I am still satisfied that I got out at 62 satoshi. I still profited from DOGE when I sold all of my DOGE. Also, I still think that BTS is taking a breather ATM and will resume going up in the near future.

Last edited:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

What I have underlined and put in bold in my quoted post is exactly what I did today with my crypto profits from selling Bitshares(BTS) alt coin on Tuesday (Jan. 2). I bought a few 1-oz '70's .999 pure silver art bars from a coin shop earlier today while I was out of town. Those '70's silver art bar will go into my personal collection. I also used some of my BTS crypto profits to buy an ATB 5-oz bullion puck that I plan to resell on ebay. I feel good to have some '70's silver art bars to show for with the profits from taking a risk in speculating in cryptos and I am happy with that.

I have not spent any of my Dogecoin profits(DOGE) crypto profits yet but I plan to buy more '70's silver art bars with my DOGE crypto profits whenever I find more of them.
I still have some $ fiat left over from my BTS profits but I will hold on to that plus my DOGE profits until I find more '70's silver art bars that I am interested in buying.

So far after 5 days of the new year, 2018 has been good to me in terms of profiting from the crypto market.

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
As with most degenerate speculators, they'll likely double down a few times on the way to ZERO.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
As with most degenerate speculators, they'll likely double down a few times on the way to ZERO.
This is well past the speculator phase. The speculator phase for bitcoin was when it was under $1000. This is just the greedy phase now.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Bitcoin continues to fall and it is now below $10,000. It is now at $9898.23 as of this post according to Coinmarketcap.com. More virtual blood spilling on the internet streets from the crypto carnage. Blame China and South Korea on this one.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It is now down to $9724.20 according to coinmarketcap. Freefalling................. Damn this popcorn is good.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
...............3 days after selling 1,097 Bitshares(BTS) at 6,100/BTS on Tuesday (January 2, 2018).................It is currently down to 4491 satoshi/BTS ------> LUCKY ME!!!!!
15 days after selling 1,097 Bitshares(BTS) at 6,100 satoshi/BTS on January 2, 2018.................

BTS = 2,944 satoshi according to coinmarketcap

Yikes!!!!!

Area51

Silver Miner
Seeker
Blame China and South Korea on this one.

Or we could finally acknowledge the run up to $20,000 for an invisible piece of shit was nothing more than a Ponzi scheme.

But yes, instead of attributing it to the degenerate speculators who were so easily duped into exchanging their USD for invisible shitcoins, let's all blame the Chinese/Koreans/Jews/Russians/bankers/Jim Dimon for suppressing this revolutionary "currency".

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Coinmarketcap now has Bitcoin now down to $9529. Gotta get some more popcorn.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Bitcoin = $9446.19.

:blew up:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Or we could finally acknowledge the run up to $20,000 for an invisible piece of shit was nothing more than a Ponzi scheme.

But yes, instead of attributing it to the degenerate speculators who were so easily duped into exchanging their USD for invisible shitcoins, let's all blame the Chinese/Koreans/Jews/Russians/bankers/Jim Dimon for suppressing this revolutionary "currency".
Prices always over shoot.
...and how is this any different than Ag goin' from $4 to $50 and then falling back to $17-$20? Ie: a bunch of speculators did the same thing to Ag
....and really, that's what people do. Buy and sell relative to what they think is in their own best interests. When it happens with crypto's we're supposed to think it bad? The only difference with crypto's is that it happens a lot quicker.

$10374

pay dirt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
One person says they lost 40K another says their 11k is valued at 100. Bitconnect was a classic ponzi scheme that is giving crypto trading a black eye.

Common sense says if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. As the current endless govt/consumer/corporate debt and spending going on forever without a day of reckoning. To believe it will never come is living in a virtual world better known as Fantasy Land.

mtnman

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
To quote Ponce Cuba, "If you can't hold it, you don't own it".

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
One person says they lost 40K another says their 11k is valued at 100. Bitconnect was a classic ponzi scheme that is giving crypto trading a black eye.

Common sense says if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. As the current endless govt/consumer/corporate debt and spending going on forever without a day of reckoning. To believe it will NEVER come is living in a virtual world better known as Fantasy Land.
No one believes never, the timing is what matters to most. Doom and gloom is not really a good investment strategy except for the profiteers. Check your Shemiter meter. Not for me anymore, thanks Andial.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Of course you are. And you'll likely double down a few more times on the way to ZERO.
No, actually, I'm going to buy when there is blood in the streets and everyone is panic selling. Hate to break it to you, bro, but the crypto market is here to stay and I am going to participate. I've been waiting for this pull back for months now. Trading 101, my friend.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Aren't cryptos in the futures market on the CME? Now they can actually overshoot to the downside as well as the up...

Still wonder who got my cryptos in that recent hack. Maybe this is payback. Bad juju...

SC

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Where are all those snowflakes who thought they were going to be millionaires by next Christmas? Now please tell me exactly what is BTC good for?

Q: How do you make a million dollars trading BTC?
A: Start with $2million.

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I like the idea of Bitcoin as a payment system. The original intent was exactly that.

But too many fools thought it was an "investment" and those fools and their money destroyed the original purpose. A postal money order, a gift card, and a Paypal transaction are useful payment methods. But only a fool would see them as "investments". I despise those fools for interfering with a payment method. They F-up the price by bidding up the payment unit. Buying a payment method to facilitate a transaction makes sense. I bought hundreds of money orders to pay for things. But I never bought a money order just for the hell of it.

For the fools that have destroyed Bitcoin, I hope they lose their "investment" for the damage that they have inflicted on the system. I guess this can be reduced to the assertion that "stupid investors are scum".

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I like the idea of Bitcoin as a payment system. The original intent was exactly that.

But too many fools thought it was an "investment" and those fools and their money destroyed the original purpose. A postal money order, a gift card, and a Paypal transaction are useful payment methods. But only a fool would see them as "investments". I despise those fools for interfering with a payment method. They F-up the price by bidding up the payment unit. Buying a payment method to facilitate a transaction makes sense. I bought hundreds of money orders to pay for things. But I never bought a money order just for the hell of it.

For the fools that have destroyed Bitcoin, I hope they lose their "investment" for the damage that they have inflicted on the system. I guess this can be reduced to the assertion that "stupid investors are scum".
So, are you implying a blank money order is worth, say, a hundred dollar bill? Bitcoin is a crypto "currency", not a payment "system". Fookin FOREX traders can all be damned.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Breaking:
A crypto investment Ponzi scheme of sorts went tits up after regulator's sent cease operations notices.
If you own Bitconnect, you lost 90% today, so far

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Bit coin is a lot like Enron isnt it?
Not really. Enron invested in something of value. Energy (oil, gas, etc). The market went against them, but it wasn't like they were buying paper bags and inflating them with air.

Btc, ltc,eth.....

buy buy buy

if you didn't get that drop buy all dips now

Time to ring the cash register....cha ching
"A fool and his money are soon parted".

Shaking out the weak hands....
Wow some dummies just don't get it. One didn't have to be nostrodamus to see this coming.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Not really. Enron invested in something of value. Energy (oil, gas, etc). The market went against them, but it wasn't like they were buying paper bags and inflating them with air.

"A fool and his money are soon parted".

Wow some dummies just don't get it. One didn't have to be nostrodamus to see this coming.
Yeah because i didn't post it was gonna hit 9 k the night before it started crashing from 14/15k