• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Who had a "Gut Feeling" about Bitcoin?

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Yeah because i didn't post it was gonna hit 9 k the night before it started crashing from 14/15k
Big deal. I posted that it will go to $100 when everyone else was shining this turd as it was going parabolic. Now that's a bold prediction and one I still believe in.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
LOL You posted a poll about whether it would go to $100 or $10k first. It went to 10K easily.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
God hates bitcoin.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
LOL You posted a poll about whether it would go to $100 or $10k first. It went to 10K easily.
Yes I had a gut feeling the bag holders would wake up sooner than they actually did. I guess the lesson is never underestimate the stupidity of the average American millennial. Regardless I am certain it will go to it's true value in pretty short order now that idiots are finally waking up.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
BTC is dumping again. Was at 12,800 yesterday and is currently at 10,700 and looks like it's a pretty safe bet that it's going to plunge into the 9's today based on it's current trajectory and velocity.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Three Armed Men Attempted to Rob a Bitcoin Exchange
BitCoin Robbery

On Tuesday morning, three men entered the offices of a Bitcoin exchange—an online marketplace where people buy and sell cryptocurrencies—in Ottawa, Ontario, armed with handguns.

On that below-zero morning in Canada’s capital, police say, the intruders bound four employees and struck one in the head with a handgun before leaving empty-handed. A fifth employee in another room called the police.

“The suspects tried to coerce the employees of the business to complete a transaction,” Ottawa Police Sgt. Michael Haarbosch told me over the phone.

One suspect fled into a ravine and police searched the area with dogs and guns drawn, according to the CBC. Police arrested 19-year-old Jimmy St-Hilaire, and are now on the hunt for the two remaining suspects. Officers are still searching the area.

Bitcoin Robber.JPG

Bit Coin be mainstream now. Gibsmedat!

BF

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Looks like a diversity Canadian to me................

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Robinhood adds zero-fee cryptocurrency trading and tracking

No-commission stock trading app
Robinhood will let you buy and sell Bitcoin and Ethereum without any added transaction fees starting in February, compared to Coinbase’s 1.5 to 4 percent fees in the US. And as of today Robinhood will let all users track the price, news, and set up alerts on those and 14 other top crypto coins, including Litecoin and Ripple.

“We’re planning to operate this business on a break-even basis and we don’t plan to profit from it for the foreseeable future” says Robinhood co-founder Vlad Tenev. “The value of Robinhood Crypto is in growing our customer base and better serving our existing customers.”

By essentially using crypto trading as a loss leader instead of its primary business like Coinbase and other apps, Robinhood could substantially expand beyond the 3 million users it already has. Simplifying trading and tracking could bolster Bitcoin and Ethereum. And by combining it with traditional stock, ETF, and option trading in a single app, Robinhood could further legitimize the cryptocurrency craze. The two trading worlds could cross-pollinate, dragging even more people into the crypto scene.

Robinhood founders Baiju Bhatt (left) and Vladamir Tenev (right)

Many of the startups dealing in crypto are upstarts with questionable track records. But five-year-old Robinhood has raised $176 million from top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Index, and NEA that now value the company at $1.3 billion. There’s clear long-term benefit to rolling up crypto traders and using the feature as a wedge to get them to hold money with Robinhood where it earns interest, and pay for the Robinhood Gold premium tier for $6 to $200 a month that lets them borrow between $1,000 and $50,000.

Here’s how Robinhood Crypto works. You can instantly transfer up to $1000 from your connected bank account (more if you have a Gold membership), with additional funds coming over slower ACH transfer. For smaller traders, that could eliminate the annoying delays on other platforms that can make you miss a low price you want to buy up. The whole Crypto section of Robinhood is styled with an 80s Tron design to denote the 24-hour trading window, compared to its day and night themes for when traditional stock markets are open or closed.

When you place a buy or sell order, Robinhood gives you an estimated price, connects to a slew of trading venues, exchanges, and market centers to find the lowest price, and uses its economies of scale to improve to score better prices over time. To counter market volatility, Robinhood puts a “collar” around your trade so if it can’t execute it at close to the estimated price, it waits for the price to return or lets you know.

And in case the price of a coin skyrockets or plummets, you can place limit orders to set a price where you automatically buy or sell. The full list of coins you can track is Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Zcash, Monero, Dash, Stellar, Qtum, Bitcoin Gold, OmiseGo, NEO, Lisk, and Dogecoin.

Only BTC and ETH will be available for trading when that rolls out to waves of users starting in California, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, and New Hampshire in February, though more will be added. “We’re extremely selective about the cryptos we’re making available on the platform” says Tenev. “We’re introducing those first because these are the most mature coins that people are trading these days. Multiple times people have declared them dead and they’ve come back stronger than ever.”

To back-up the new Robinhood Crypto feature, the company is adding new two-factor authentication options including integrations with authenticator apps to ensure people don’t get their wallets stolen and dumped. “There are several senior world-class people that we’ve hired recently that are building the system in-house” says Tenev. Still, the move paints a giant target on Robinhood’s back. If the company gets hacked, or individual users get robbed, it could tarnish the fintech startup’s reputation.

Demand for the product was clear, though. 100,000 of Robinhood’s users were regularly seaching for crypto pricing and trading in its app, and 95% of those surveyed said they’d invest in cryptos if the product supported it. Robinhood even had to send a cease-and-desist to “Cobinhood”, a competing crypto trading app that cribbed its name and raised $10 million in an ICO.

Judging by the choices of two top startups, you could see this week as a sign of cryptocurrency’s shifting purpose. Yesterday Stripe removed Bitcoin as a payment option on its platform, and now Robinhood is adopting trading. “People are thinking about cryptos less from a payments standpoint and more from an assets investment standpoint” Tenev explains.

Robinhood Crypto features a Tron-style 80s design motif

As for whether he’s personally invested in the crypto scene, Tenev admits “I’m a dabbler, definitely, but I wouldn’t say that it’s all that significant.” But it’s a good fit for his business, which used a lean engineering team to drop stock trading fees to zero while competitors like Scottrade and E*trade can charge over $6 per trade to cover their marketing and expansive retail footprint with huge overhead. Now Robinhood has handled $100 billion in transactions, saving its users over $1 billion in fees.

“[Cryptocurrency] puts power that’s historically been held by financial institutions in the hands of the people. I think that lines up directly with Robinhood’s mission to democratize the financial system” Tenev tells me, concluding “We’re an established company and we can handle it”. The confidence to burst into the wild west of crypto could either tank his startup with a massive security fail or greatly boost its traction by alligning with what’s become a cultural phenomenon.

Disclosures: The author of this article owns small positions in Bitcoin and Ethereum, and knows Robinhood’s founders from college.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Yes I had a gut feeling the bag holders would wake up sooner than they actually did. I guess the lesson is never underestimate the stupidity of the average American millennial. Regardless I am certain it will go to it's true value in pretty short order now that idiots are finally waking up.
Your behavior is bizarre. You've got your bases covered anywhere between $100(really zero) and infinity and you claim you're correct at any point and any time. You really seem to have no sense of where bitcoin is heading at all. When bitcoin goes up vs fiat you're silent, and when it pulls back you begin proclaiming your prescience. Anyone paying attentions knows you were wrong. You've been wrong at every point, but you just soldier on with your nonsense and never acknowledge being wrong. You were talking about shorting bitcoin when it was above $10k, but you'd have had your clock cleaned if you did so, as it continued upward to over $18k, while you went silent. Did you short it? No? Why not?

BTW, when did bitcoin finally "close" below $10k? Can you now claim it never "closed" above $10k? ...technically, yes. Your position is to never be right, but never be provably wrong, yet people that invest know that timing matters. Being off about timing, even if eventually being proven correct is in practice, functionally the same as being dead wrong. Can you go on record now and provide specific limits on this correction/consolidation phase? How low will it go...exactly? How long will it last? Will it go to zero this year? Next year? 20 years from now? When do these "bag holders" allegedly begin suffering?

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Flick- "ping" - catch. Flick- "ping"- catch...

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Nice I had't seen those. I've got a few Goddess and Slave Queen rounds. Nice quality.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
DAVOS CONSENSUS: BITCOIN NOT CURRENCY

Davos is clear on bitcoin: It’s an interesting investment, but please don’t call it a currency.

Bitcoin’s volatile ascent has transformed it from a tech industry curiosity to a major topic of discussion at this year’s World Economic Forum.

Yet the consensus in Davos, Switzerland, is that bitcoin will never be as useful as the dollar or yen in the real world.

“The central banks have been nurturing the [financial] system for centuries… we’ve got a good thing going on,” Nobel laureate Robert Shiller said at a debate about the cryptocurrency.

Cecilia Skingsley, deputy governor of Sweden’s central bank, said she had “no problem with people using [bitcoin] as an asset to invest in.”

“But it’s too volatile to be used as currency,” she added.

Bitcoin prices, which peaked near $20,000 in December, have fallen sharply to under $11,000 after a series of exchange closures and talk of increased regulation raised concerns over the digital currency’s future.

Even Davos attendees who have invested in bitcoin said its utility as a currency is limited. Jennifer Zhu Scott, an entrepreneur and cryptocurrency investor, described it as a “store of value.”

“I don’t think it’s a currency, it’s disrupting gold,” she said. “A cryptocurrency can do what gold is doing much better.”

The comments reflect growing anxiety over the real world applications for bitcoin, which is accepted at a smattering of retailers but has failed to find widespread acceptance.

Leading online payments company Stripe said this week that it will stop processing bitcoin transactions in April. It said the huge volatility in bitcoin prices has made it impractical for making and receiving payments.

Top government officials in Davos also signaled that digital currencies have a long way to go.

“We encourage fintech, we encourage innovation, but we want to make sure that all of our financial markets are safe and aren’t being used for illicit activities,” said U.S. Treasury Sec. Steven Mnuchin.
TechWire

Ain't these the elite people who run the world?

BF

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
One word, shemitahcoin, enough said.

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I unloaded some more Bitshares(BTS) a short while ago. I sold 1,550 BTS for 4431 satoshi/BTS. After trading and withdrawal fees, I made a net profit of $753 on today's sale. I now have 1,001 BTS left in my Bitshares wallet. I will hang on to those remaining BTS for now just in case a "crypto moonshoot" happens in BTS (not likely IMO). I plan to use this profit to buy more '70's silver art bars for myself to add to my personal collection and to buy more '70's silver art bars as inventory for my business. I still think that Bitcoin and the cryptos market in general will see another bloodbath soon and I wanted to take some more money off the table while BTC and BTS are still at these current levels (Bitcoin = $11,300 at the time that I converted BTS to BTC and then BTC to $ when it hit my coinbase account). If the Bitshares alt crypto ends up going to zero, then MEH!!!! I already made a lot of money on Bitshares. If bitcoin goes up to $20,000 and bitshares goes to "da moon", then cool. I am happy with my returns on my Bitshares crypto investment.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Lots of crypto blood on the street today. All of the top 15 cryptos are down double digit percentages and bitcoin is down 11.48% to $10,036.20 according to coinmarketcap. Bitshares (BTS) is down just over 19% today (to around 3850 satoshi/BTS).

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I thought bitcoin went up from the 8k range entirely too quickly and said so at the time. It should have had more trouble getting past 10k than it did...it dramatically over corrected on the upside and has given back most of what it gained in that region. I stacked some white copper discs to skip off the surface of lakes/oceans once the warm weather becomes a thing again, so am perfectly content to sit on bitcoin holdings at this point. There are a whole lot of other people as well that are playing with house money and won't be motivated to dump bitcoin into a falling market.

Now we're seeing some capitulation as people toss in the towel and do so at what is likely far nearer the bottom than the top. Really don't think one needs to be a genius investor to predict what happens when enough weak hands have been forced out.

It's important to keep perspective, last year on February 1, bitcoin was still < 1k. When this consolidation phase is completed, imo late Q2 of this year, bitcoin may well surge to 25k+ and do so quickly.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-price-february-1-2017-2017-2

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The Bitshares (BTS) is the "house money" that I was playing with. I got back my original investment plus made a profit when I first sold some of my BTS last year. When I sold some more BTS twice last month, it was all profit. That profit was used to buy more '70's silver art bars for myself and to add more silver art bar inventory for my business. I still have 1,001 remaining bitshares remaining to take more profit if I choose to do so. I am not good at skipping bars of the surface of the lake but that is ok with me. Bitshares has been, by far, the best crypto investment for me last year and this year and I am happy with how I did in cryptos. Yeah I am a degenerate speculator but at least I am honest about it (see my sig line). LOL!!!!!

When you have a day, like today, when nearly all of the crypto currencies are down, I just sit back and watch because I do not care at this point. If naysayers end up being right and the cryptos and bitcoin and BTS go to zero, then.............MEH!!!!!! I already made my money in the crypto market. If the naysayers are wrong and bitcoin goes to [Insert astronomical bitcoin $ figure here] and bitshares goes to "da moon", then I make more money. Either way I am not bothered by the big down day in the cryptos. At this point, I am just eating popcorn and watching the current crypto bloodbath on coinmarketcap.

I have said this in the past and I will say this again................I viewed (still view) cryptos as a speculative investment and I treated them as such. From a price perspective, I do not know what is going to happen with bitcoin and the cryptos from this point. Anything can happen at this point. I will continue to just sit back and enjoy the show.

solarion

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Skipping bars. lol

Silver art bars is teh suxxor for skipping bro. Ya need shiny discs for this purpose.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Skipping bars. lol

Silver art bars is teh suxxor for skipping bro. Ya need shiny discs for this purpose.
Hmmmm.......I might have a few SAE's to try to skip.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
As of the typing of this post, Bitcoin is now at $8801.61 according to coinmarketcap. Just more crypto blood spilling out into the cyber streets of the big bad interwebs. MEH!!!!! I need more popcorn.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Three Armed Men Attempted to Rob a Bitcoin Exchange
BitCoin Robbery

On Tuesday morning, three men entered the offices of a Bitcoin exchange—an online marketplace where people buy and sell cryptocurrencies—in Ottawa, Ontario, armed with handguns.

On that below-zero morning in Canada’s capital, police say, the intruders bound four employees and struck one in the head with a handgun before leaving empty-handed. A fifth employee in another room called the police.

“The suspects tried to coerce the employees of the business to complete a transaction,” Ottawa Police Sgt. Michael Haarbosch told me over the phone.

One suspect fled into a ravine and police searched the area with dogs and guns drawn, according to the CBC. Police arrested 19-year-old Jimmy St-Hilaire, and are now on the hunt for the two remaining suspects. Officers are still searching the area.

Bit Coin be mainstream now. Gibsmedat!

BF
I'm confused. Didn't Canada ban guns? How did these criminals get them, and how come they didn't get the memo on the ban?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
How low do you guys think this thing will go? Looks like a nice correction and possibly a good entry point coming up. I was thinking 5 or 6k..

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
Your behavior is bizarre. You've got your bases covered anywhere between $100(really zero) and infinity and you claim you're correct at any point and any time. You really seem to have no sense of where bitcoin is heading at all. When bitcoin goes up vs fiat you're silent, and when it pulls back you begin proclaiming your prescience. Anyone paying attentions knows you were wrong. You've been wrong at every point, but you just soldier on with your nonsense and never acknowledge being wrong. You were talking about shorting bitcoin when it was above $10k, but you'd have had your clock cleaned if you did so, as it continued upward to over $18k, while you went silent. Did you short it? No? Why not?

BTW, when did bitcoin finally "close" below $10k? Can you now claim it never "closed" above $10k? ...technically, yes. Your position is to never be right, but never be provably wrong, yet people that invest know that timing matters. Being off about timing, even if eventually being proven correct is in practice, functionally the same as being dead wrong. Can you go on record now and provide specific limits on this correction/consolidation phase? How low will it go...exactly? How long will it last? Will it go to zero this year? Next year? 20 years from now? When do these "bag holders" allegedly begin suffering?
I have been 100% correct on everything other than what it would finally peak at. Again, I admitted I was surprised how dumb the millenials would be but I'll stand by my statement that I've said since Day 1: Bitcoin is worthless, is a sub-fiat and and will be going to $0 (or may continue trading like a bankrupt company's penny stock of a few $'s but for all intents and purposes will be $0 (hence my poll where I said $100)). To repeat myself since you don't seem to ever hear what I'm saying: I said it was an empty bag that would eventually go to zero.

It's down 60% from the peak in just 6 weeks. And if I'm not mistaken is now below what it was when this thread was started (currently $8300 as I type this). I was considering shorting this turd when it was what $15K? I can't remember the exact price point, but yeah I was right and would have done pretty nicely.

So who are all these bagholders? Well there are dummies that have lost up to 60% of their wagers and anyone that bought in the last 6 weeks (the hype really started what 3-4 months ago?, so we're talking 50% of the people that jumped on the bandwagon have lost on this turd. See the suicide watch forum on reddit for more info. They listened to the Jokings of the worlds so yeah you pumpers do have victims, although I'm sure you could care less about all the idiots you convinced to buy this turd--a few of which are in this thread)

Now that I've clarified my position (for the 100th time), it's time for YOU and Joking to step up. What's your prediction for this turd? Do you think it's going to skyrocket again, go up steadily, or continue it's current trajectory to $0? What's your time frame for a new high or $0 or whatever your prediction is?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Now that I've clarified my position (for the 100th time), it's time for YOU and Joking to step up. What's your prediction for this turd?
I think it'll do the same it's done every other time it's had a run-up. Fall back for awhile and re-group for the next run. This is the 5th time it's done it. There'll be 6th time too.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
I think it'll do the same it's done every other time it's had a run-up. Fall back for awhile and re-group for the next run. This is the 5th time it's done it. There'll be 6th time too.
Are you looking at the same chart I am? Btc graph looks like a mountain. It climbed up one side of the mountain and then is making its way down the other side. When has it regrouped? There's been a few wiggles but this is the bitcoin graph in a nutshell: /\

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Are you looking at the same chart I am?
I believe so. Yours doesn't show when it went from $67 on July 7th 2013, up to $1147 by the end of Nov only to fall back to barely $500 two weeks later?
...and then on down to just under $200 two years later.

If you look at your graph during that time it looks about the same as you describe now.

Go here https://99bitcoins.com/price-chart-history/ and use your mouse to adjust the right hand slider under the chart to the left and you'll see all the previous peaks that are like mountains. Up one side, down the other with new peaks always higher than the last and the following downturn staying higher than the previous low. I look for that cycle to continue.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I unloaded some more Bitshares(BTS) a short while ago. I sold 1,550 BTS for 4431 satoshi/BTS. After trading and withdrawal fees, I made a net profit of $753 on today's sale. I now have 1,001 BTS left in my Bitshares wallet. I will hang on to those remaining BTS for now just in case a "crypto moonshoot" happens in BTS (not likely IMO). I plan to use this profit to buy more '70's silver art bars for myself to add to my personal collection and to buy more '70's silver art bars as inventory for my business. I still think that Bitcoin and the cryptos market in general will see another bloodbath soon and I wanted to take some more money off the table while BTC and BTS are still at these current levels (Bitcoin = $11,300 at the time that I converted BTS to BTC and then BTC to $ when it hit my coinbase account). If the Bitshares alt crypto ends up going to zero, then MEH!!!! I already made a lot of money on Bitshares. If bitcoin goes up to $20,000 and bitshares goes to "da moon", then cool. I am happy with my returns on my Bitshares crypto investment.

Crypto prices as of 4:25 AM US Eastern Time, Friday, February 2, 2018 according to coinmarketcap.com:

Bitcoin = $8,234

Bitshares (BTS) = 3,337 satoshi

Each of the cryptos in the top 10 cryptos (based on marketcap) are each down between 16% to 38%

Yeah I am glad that I took more profit in bitshares on Sunday (January 28, 2018). I suspected that we would see more red in the crypto market and that is the case now.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Coinmarketcap now shows Bitcoin below $8000 and dropping:

$7.982.38

The crypto bloodbath continues on.................

:blew up::blew up::blew up:

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
DAYYYUUUUMMMM.......................

Current bitcoin price (based on coinmarketcap):

$7,830.12 (down 17.3 %)

.....and still falling.

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter