• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Who had a "Gut Feeling" about Bitcoin?

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
I believe so. Yours doesn't show when it went from $67 on July 7th 2013, up to $1147 by the end of Nov only to fall back to barely $500 two weeks later?
...and then on down to just under $200 two years later.

If you look at your graph during that time it looks about the same as you describe now.

Go here https://99bitcoins.com/price-chart-history/ and use your mouse to adjust the right hand slider under the chart to the left and you'll see all the previous peaks that are like mountains. Up one side, down the other with new peaks always higher than the last and the following downturn staying higher than the previous low. I look for that cycle to continue.
Perhaps when it gets back to $67 you'll be right. Right now it just looks like a mountain climber going over a mountain in the Andies. Right now he's nearly back to base camp and continuing his trek back to sea level.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
DAYYYUUUUMMMM.......................

Current bitcoin price (based on coinmarketcap):

$7,830.12 (down 17.3 %)

.....and still falling.
Someone better put Joking and Solarian on suicide watch.

Is the bottom in?.....
I dunno, is it at $0 yet?

I bought BTC in 2013 after listening to Stef. Moly. I got 10 BTCS and sold it when I doubled my money. I recently bought in this morning.
I read an account of Mark Twain doing a similar type of investing in the South American Trade(?) company and losing his life savings. he got in early doubled, got out and then watched everyone else make money as it skyrocketed. He FOMOd and got back in just before it crashed to near $0.

LOL at people getting in line to catch falling knives. Bitcoin Boy says it's your fault if you're not a millionaire in 10 years
I wonder if bitcoin boy is a pseudonym for Solarian or Joking?

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
When Walmart accepts BTC payment I will know it's for real. Right now as in the past it looks like somebody did an experiment for a college thesis and scammed a bunch of suckers into believing the hype. I thought it was expensive at $1k.

platinumdude

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
$7876 btc and $786 eth. I've traded back and forth and did pretty well, but I'm staying out, at least for a while. Letting things settle down a bit. But it does look like a bottom? Will see.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Perhaps when it gets back to $67 you'll be right. Right now it just looks like a mountain climber going over a mountain in the Andies. Right now he's nearly back to base camp and continuing his trek back to sea level.
Still up 800% from a year ago. What you're pointing out would be the same as Ag goin' to $300 in a years time and then talking about how bad it is when it corrects to $130. lol

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Just a healthy and needed correction. Cryptos went too high, too fast in December. I believe the market has bottomed out, however I'm not ruling out the possibility that it could go down a little more.
$7876 btc and $786 eth. I've traded back and forth and did pretty well, but I'm staying out, at least for a while. Letting things settle down a bit. But it does look like a bottom? Will see.
It would not surprise me to see bitcoin go down further. I still think that it could go down much lower than where it is now. I do not know how much further it will drop from current level but it will also IMO heavily depend on how much more bad news is going to come out regarding bitcoin and cryptos. More bad news about more countries working to regulate/ban cryptos could easily push bitcoin down much further. Another story of another successful hacking of bitcoin from a major exchange would also send the bitcoin price down further. We wlll see. Keep the popcorn handy.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
This 24-year-old quit his job after making a fortune in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies — here's how he did it

Kingsley Advani. Courtesy of Kingsley Advani

• Kingsley Advani is a cryptocurrency millionaire at age 24.
  • He invested $34,000 and turned it into low seven figures in six months.
  • The 24-year-old quit his job last fall and now travels the world as a startup advisor and angel investor.
In the summer of 2017, 24-year-old Kingsley Advani sold his worldly possessions — a laptop and headphones — and emptied thousands of dollars from his bank account.

After seeing the once-in-a-lifetime returns that bitcoin has brought, he wanted in. Advani invested $34,000 in cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and startups working on related technologies, and he watched his net worth balloon to low seven figures in six months.

At an age when many people are trying to climb up the career ladder, Advani works as an advisor to cryptocurrency startups with a $0 salary. He travels between London, New York, and San Francisco, taking meetings and scouting startups working on what may be the next great blockchain technology.

"I think at no point in human history have people in their twenties had such an opportunity to invest in such high-growth assets," Advani told Business Insider.

Created in 2008, bitcoin is a payment system that allows people to buy things and send money with anonymity. There are no banks or middlemen. Transactions are recorded on a digital ledger called a blockchain, which stores the information with full transparency.

It was the blockchain that first excited Advani about cryptocurrencies.

In 2012, a friend introduced Advani to bitcoin, which at the time was largely used for buying and selling illegal drugs online. Advani saw the full potential of the technology.

"It's like a rebellion to traditional finance," Advani said. He believes its creation in 2008 — at the height of the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression — was no coincidence. "You don't need centralized banks to send money, you have these great pieces of tech send money for you through cryptography. So unlike banks, it's faster, cheaper, and more secure," he said.

Advani started reading white papers on cryptocurrencies and watching the market more closely last summer. He decided he would not miss a second chance to take part. He invested all of his savings and part of his income from his job as a data scientist at a small software company.

"Every month I was waiting for that paycheck and I put it straight in," Advani said.

So far, his gamble has paid off. When Advani invested in bitcoin, it was worth about $4,000 per coin. As of February 1, the cryptocurrency has doubled in value. At its peak, Advani's investment had grown to low seven figures, though it fluctuates with the swing of the market.

He quit his software gig in October and now travels the world as an advisor and angel investor. Advani invests mostly in startups spun out of top universities, like Stanford, Cornell, and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, that are working on high-speed blockchain technology.

Courtesy of Kingsley Advani

The 24-year-old is currently crashing on a bunk bed in a San Francisco hacker house for young cryptocurrency entrepreneurs and plans to move to the city full-time.

Advani said he doesn't drink or party; instead, he spends most of his free time meditating and reading cryptocurrency research online. During our interview, he whipped out his phone to share data from Headspace, a meditation app. He hasn't missed a session in over 400 days.

"I've decided to optimize time in front of the computer, because it's so easy to get distracted. I order all my food online to the door. I don't spend any time grocery shopping because I think it's a waste of time," Advani said. He added, "I try to live in a 'bunker' as much as possible."

He believes the key to his success has been limiting the number of things he focuses on. He doesn't read every news story on the value of bitcoin or pay close attention to its rise and fall.

Instead, Advani reads the latest research on the underlying technology and possibilities of cryptocurrencies, and tries to map where they're headed. He doesn't recommend investing in cryptocurrencies for everyone, unless they're willing to dig into the white papers like he has.

"Only put in what you can afford to lose," Advani said.

Disclosure: The author owns small amounts of bitcoin and Ethereum.

Get the latest Bitcoin price here.>>

Silver Art

Silver Art Bar collector
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Bitcoin is currently down 12% to $7750.23 according to coinmarketcap.com. The crpytos are once again in the red by double digits. Another bloodbath in the crypto market.........

Got popcorn?

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Hell to the yes! BTC sub 8k! All aboard.....
I never posted about bitcoin, ever. That is until it hit 20k, when I started writing at numerous places on the net, including here, to get out, it's at a top and ready to crash.

I'm not planning on trying to stop a falling knife, especially when the knife is backed by even less than the tulips were.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
6940 and 682. Still falling. 5000 would be a good buy in price if it gets there.
I'll pick up some bitcoin when it gets back to where I started looking at it - at around the current price of silver, and then, only a few hundred bucks :)

platinumdude

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
And the dives continue, Cryptos and stock markets. Thankfully metals haven't, since they haven't really gone anywhere.

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
And the dives continue, Cryptos and stock markets. Thankfully metals haven't, since they haven't really gone anywhere.
Everyone is too busy to watching the cryptocurrency and VIX train wrecks instead of heading for the golden life boats.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
LOL I had checked btc Friday and it was in the 8K's. I just checked again today after the weekend and it's in the 5's. Did it skip the 7's and the 6's? LOL wata turd.

goldielox1

Silver Miner
Seeker
So far, his gamble has paid off. When Advani invested in bitcoin, it was worth about $4,000 per coin.
LOL. Article update: "Unemployed broke millenial seeking work".

Kid's been adding to his position all through the rise. He's likely underwater now with the latest crash to $5's. If not, he will be in a week or two. Joking or Solerian, do you know this kid?

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
Sir, I think you may be cheating. That's two words put together and stuff.
NoHeAin't. Br Dial pays for his bandwidth per bit so he needs to be conservative w/ hisblankspaces

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Shitcoin is going lower. It's friggen' air. It's not a share of an American company and it's definitely not gold. How about all those idiots who think the upcoming crypto being offered by Venezuela will be worth more than a bucket of spit?

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
How about all those idiots who think the upcoming crypto being offered by Venezuela will be worth more than a bucket of spit?
Agreed. If the Venezuela government were actually willing to back a currency with real assets, THEY WOULD ALREADY HAVE DONE SO. Stamping a magic "digital" name on a "NEW! SHINY!" currency will not change the fact that they are not willing to support their money.

keef

Пальто Crude
Platinum Bling
After twenty years of listening to all the talking heads the only two I continue to pay attention to are Warren Buffett and Jim Rogers.

Buffet on Crypto (Jan 2018)

Rogers on the Market
(June 2017)

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Buffet is right more often than not. Jimmy Roger's time was 25 years ago when he was riding around on a Harley and just wrote a book. He called for massive inflation in commodities just before they crashed and laid dormant for almost a generation.