• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Who has read the book "One Second After"? Raise your hands.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
A CME or Emp attack is exactly whats needed to fix the US.
The BBC does several series on farm life. One is from the 1600's, another late 1800's another WW2 era. All are excellent if you want to see the daily struggles of farm life back then.

Treetop

Seeker
Seeker
I've read it. Very well written, hard to put it down after the first couple of pages. The ending was very personal for me because of our youngest granddaughter. Can't say much else w/o giving it away. I think that it has a very plausible story line, myself. Treetop

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I’ve listened to it as an audio book while driving. Was pretty interesting. I believe the breakdown in society will actually be worse.

It’s a good reminder that gold won’t save your ass.

As I get older the Amish people make more and more sense.

birddog

Here for the show.....
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
It was just ok. Written a little poorly. Far too many detailed references specific to the authors narrow field of knowledge.
I believe he was a wartime history student of sorts. The theme is good but a little to sophomoric

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
One Second After started out great but went downhill fast for me when the author decided to introduce the cannibal mortorcycle gang into the storyline.
Can agree, but roving gangs could definitely be an issue depending on your location. No book is perfect. I thought the author did a good job as far as making you think about you current situation. What you might change.....

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter
One Second After started out great but went downhill fast for me when the author decided to introduce the cannibal mortorcycle gang into the storyline.
Cannibalism tends to be an historically common theme where humans are plentiful, but other sources of food are not readily available.

Maybe the bikes used biodiesel made from the fat of their rendered food?

Haven't read the book, but I have been prepping for many looonnnggg years.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I've read it. Very well written, hard to put it down after the first couple of pages. The ending was very personal for me because of our youngest granddaughter. Can't say much else w/o giving it away. I think that it has a very plausible story line, myself. Treetop
Very sorry about your granddaughter, TT. That’s awful, my condolences.

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I read OSA, when it first came out. Great book, very plausible story and well told, with excellent, well drawn characters. Somewhat of a haunting tale. Scary.

Treetop

Seeker
Seeker
Very sorry about your granddaughter, TT. That’s awful, my condolences.
Thanks for your concern, S of G. She was diagnosed when she was 13 or 14, she's a tall, slim, beautiful, 16 year old, now. Her mom, our oldest daughter, is an RN and watches Elizabeth's diet and meds like a hawk! But, if an EMP or a solar event ever prevents her meds from being manufactured...
Treetop

Son of Gloin

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Thanks for your concern, S of G. She was diagnosed when she was 13 or 14, she's a tall, slim, beautiful, 16 year old, now. Her mom, our oldest daughter, is an RN and watches Elizabeth's diet and meds like a hawk! But, if an EMP or a solar event ever prevents her meds from being manufactured...
Treetop
Oh, thank God. I assumed the worst when you mentioned her in context with the novel. The poor girl in the novel fared far worse. My apologies and I’m glad your granddaughter is alive and her mom is taking good care of her. But you’re right. If ever we had an EMP lights out situation, things would get very tough for anyone needing insulin or any other medication.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I may have mentioned...HE doesn't use water again...the last judgement will be with fire...solar storm? Time will tell.
Yeah ... I thought a lot about that. If I am to be smited, I prefer drowning ...