• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Whole Foods to cut health-care benefits for 1,900

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Whole Foods to cut health-care benefits for 1,900 part-time employees starting next year

Jasmine Wu

3 hrs ago
  • Whole Foods will be cutting medical benefits for up to 1,900 workers starting Jan. 1, 2020.
  • In the past, workers needed to work at least 20 hours a week to qualify for the health-care plan. Now employees will need to work at least 30 hours.
Amazon-owned Whole Foods will be withdrawing medical benefits for hundreds of its part-time workers starting Jan. 1, 2020, the company said Thursday.

In the past, employees needed to work at least 20 hours a week to qualify for the health-care plan. Now they will need to work at least 30 hours. Less than 2% of its workforce, or 1,900 employees, will no longer be eligible for medical coverage, under the new policy, the company said.
The news was first reported by Business Insider.
"In order to better meet the needs of our business and create a more equitable and efficient scheduling model, we are moving to a single-tier part-time structure," a company spokesperson said in an email. "We are providing Team Members with resources to find alternative healthcare coverage options, or to explore full-time, healthcare-eligible positions starting at 30 hours per week. All Whole Foods Market Team Members continue to receive employment benefits including a 20% in-store discount."
In 2018, Amazon raised its minimum wage to $15 for all employees, including those at Whole Foods. Amazon also announced last week that it was planning on adding more than 30,000 permanent jobs in its tech, corporate and fulfillment departments.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...yees-starting-next-year/ar-AAHdddS?li=BBnb7Kz

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
SO, those 20 hour people move up to 30 Hours PROBLEM SOLVED.
Probably the Help Wanted sign stays down for awhile.

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
They got $15.00 and the low hanging fruit got picked of their healthcare.
"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction". (Some math guy) Oh yeah, Olivia Newton-Johns' great granddaddy. My WAG

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
It is part time right? Like maybe a 2nd job?

Article doesn't say what the motivation is for the change. Could be a better rate, or better coverage with more services?

Only makes AMZN look like it's doing something bad....

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Way to go Amazon! Bezos the Bastard strikes again! He really cares for his people.

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I really don't see how this is bad. People can now work 30 hours instead of 20. If they don't want to they can go elsewhere. Pretty good to get healthcare for part time work. Plus it sounds like Bezos is paying better than average.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Anyone been inside an Amazon fulfillment center? It’s alot of facial piercings, purple hair, leg tattoos & 40 year olds dressed like teenage skateboarders.
Most of these people don’t have a lot of options when it comes to employment.

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Anyone been inside an Amazon fulfillment center? It’s alot of facial piercings, purple hair, leg tattoos & 40 year olds dressed like teenage skateboarders.
Most of these people don’t have a lot of options when it comes to employment.
Since this is obviously inside information you are sharing...

I am left wondering which were you? The skateboarder? I cant imagine you with piercings, or purple hair...and I am guessing you are too old to have leg tattoos as thats a recent phenomenom...so that leaves the skateboarder option...

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Since this is obviously inside information you are sharing...

I am left wondering which were you? The skateboarder? I cant imagine you with piercings, or purple hair...and I am guessing you are too old to have leg tattoos as thats a recent phenomenom...so that leaves the skateboarder option...
Really? Must have hit a nerve. If you and your pink hair want to try and get under my skin Strawboy you’re going to have to do better than that.
Very weak .....especially for a Friday night.

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
I really don't see how this is bad. People can now work 30 hours instead of 20. If they don't want to they can go elsewhere. Pretty good to get healthcare for part time work. Plus it sounds like Bezos is paying better than average.
I suspect they’ll hire more peeps and schedule them all for 28 hrs/week. People will apply thinking “wow! $15/hr!”, But then earn less by the time they get less hours and can’t get healthcare. I hope I’m wrong though....daughter went to work there this year all rainbows and unicorns. We’ll see...,

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I thought obammycare took care of all these problems.......

Seems welfare wins out again in the benefits and average wage department.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Whole Foods to cut health-care benefits for 1,900 part-time employees starting next year

Jasmine Wu

3 hrs ago
  • Whole Foods will be cutting medical benefits for up to 1,900 workers starting Jan. 1, 2020.
  • In the past, workers needed to work at least 20 hours a week to qualify for the health-care plan. Now employees will need to work at least 30 hours.
Amazon-owned Whole Foods will be withdrawing medical benefits for hundreds of its part-time workers starting Jan. 1, 2020, the company said Thursday.

In the past, employees needed to work at least 20 hours a week to qualify for the health-care plan. Now they will need to work at least 30 hours. Less than 2% of its workforce, or 1,900 employees, will no longer be eligible for medical coverage, under the new policy, the company said.
The news was first reported by Business Insider.
"In order to better meet the needs of our business and create a more equitable and efficient scheduling model, we are moving to a single-tier part-time structure," a company spokesperson said in an email. "We are providing Team Members with resources to find alternative healthcare coverage options, or to explore full-time, healthcare-eligible positions starting at 30 hours per week. All Whole Foods Market Team Members continue to receive employment benefits including a 20% in-store discount."
In 2018, Amazon raised its minimum wage to $15 for all employees, including those at Whole Foods. Amazon also announced last week that it was planning on adding more than 30,000 permanent jobs in its tech, corporate and fulfillment departments.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...yees-starting-next-year/ar-AAHdddS?li=BBnb7Kz
Whole Foods is a liberal/progressive company; why don't they live up to their ideals and provide healthcare to these people? Oh, that's right...progressives have no principles when it comes to THEIR OWN actions...only the actions of OTHERS.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos on Thursday cut benefits for part-time workers at his grocery chain Whole Foods, drawing criticism from the left for a move that could leave thousands of people without health insurance.

"Jeff Bezos is the richest man in the world," Boston-based activist Jonathan Cohn saidon Twitter. "This is disgusting." https://www.salon.com/2019/09/13/je...JN8PKF5kSpmHYZMjV20GzxmNZwHtDyALaU8ndjQ1yIkro If you wondered why he was worth 110 Billion dollars, he is smart enough to screw the little guy...

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Just shows a company can't make large profits while offering health care and wages.
But damn near all of them pay millions of dollars a year for their very own Public Relations Department
The department that makes sure those boogers hanging out of their noses don't show up in any publicity photos, the department that makes those pesky rapes you performed last night, go away, a department that takes a turd and makes it look like a seven course meal

But, they're actually representing The Children and they are all about Global Climate Change

That's far better than having any old health care program, and besides, if we're all dead in 10 years, why does it matter if i'm healthy when I die?

Usury

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
...Oh, that's right...progressives have no principles when it comes to THEIR OWN actions...only the actions of OTHERS.
EXACTLY!!!

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Not sure about other states but in mine, just go to the ER. Can't be refused.
At the ER, you get "Treat'em and street'em" medicine, not good for cancer or other serious stuff. Jeff Bezos is not a bleeding heart liberal...

Buck

Old Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
At the ER, you get "Treat'em and street'em" medicine, not good for cancer or other serious stuff. Jeff Bezos is not a bleeding heart liberal...
But, you remember his 'divorce'? his show-room wife gave back 25% of her 50%, that's billions to you and me, so, you gotta ask yourself Why?

Bezos is an asshole of the highest proportion, he'd screw his mother over to make a dime, he's proven that with his actions to his 'contract employees', those new 'franchisee' delivery drivers who sold themselves into his 'Plan', etc etc

never trust any one of these guys with your money because you may not see any of it again

BTW:
me thinks he needed the cash and the make-believe wife took her money and ran and they washed out of the company 50% of his personal shares, she got them, she kept half, and then she gave him back half of her cut, thereby avoiding disrupting his companies cash flow and all legal hassles necessary to get himself some free money...

and with a R&D department, it's probably already accounted for, all of it...No Tax Requirements as it's probably al written off...

but that's just me...

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I suspect they’ll hire more peeps and schedule them all for 28 hrs/week. People will apply thinking “wow! $15/hr!”, But then earn less by the time they get less hours and can’t get healthcare. I hope I’m wrong though....daughter went to work there this year all rainbows and unicorns. We’ll see...,
Be sure to give us the skinny on that once you see how it goes for her. I hope it stays "rainbows and unicorns" for her.
....but a lot of new jobs start out that way, but few stay that way over the long term.

But damn near all of them pay millions of dollars a year for their very own Public Relations Department
The department that makes sure those boogers hanging out of their noses don't show up in any publicity photos, the department that makes those pesky rapes you performed last night, go away, a department that takes a turd and makes it look like a seven course meal
If you're the one selling the meal, anyone who can do that, would be worth that kinda money.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
In reality, not much different than any other store now, most stores don't pay enough for you to afford health insurance even if they offer it, no real problem as the taxpayer tends to pick up the check in Obamacare or medicaid.