• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Why can't I watch youtube videos on GIM2 anymore?

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Why can't I watch youtube videos on GIM2 anymore? All I get is a solid black screen.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Why can't I watch youtube videos on GIM2 anymore? All I get is a solid black screen.
QWAK,Me too :thumbs_down: I just figured somthing in my computer changed. :hmmmm2:

the DUCK :s9:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
It's got to be your computer? I just posted this and was able to see it just fine...

do you have Adblock enabled or something like it?

Last edited by a moderator:

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
It's got to be your computer? I just posted this and was able to see it just fine...

QWAK,Just a black screen for me. :thumbs_down::hmmmm2:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Platinum Bling
test, test, how about a youtube of the dumbest thing ever, car surfing, be a shame if this little brain dead cutie gets creamed.

[video=youtube_share;EUX9qa4lszM]http://youtu.be/EUX9qa4lszM[/video]

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

do you have Adblock enabled or something like it?

Never heard of adblock. My pop-up blocker is turned off. I still see nothing but a solid black rectangle.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
1. Remove and reinstall flash... close your browser after you download flash before you install.

2. Try a different browser. If that works go to your browser support site and search the FAQ's and support for video and flash.

2c

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
1. Remove and reinstall flash... close your browser after you download flash before you install.

2. Try a different browser. If that works go to your browser support site and search the FAQ's and support for video and flash.

2c
Yup, probably your flash player needs an update. I went through months of having to activate my flash player to watch Youtube videos - I'm using Linux Mint with Firefox - so had to wait for Linux to come up with a fix. Works again now.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
But I don't have any trouble watching youtube videos as long as they aren't on GIM2.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
But I don't have any trouble watching youtube videos as long as they aren't on GIM2.
Interesting...

Clear your cache?

I rarely watch videos 'from' GIM2. I go to youtube and open in a new browser so I can multitask

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
I had that before on a BB that I coded, some people had trouble with vids. I found a better way to embed the video, not the YouTube Code, and that fixed it.

Could be an HTML5 issue... I dunno how GIM is coded.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/958124

Try using Google Chrome and see how that goes.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My cache is buried deep in a remote location in the mountains. Do I have a cache on my laptop, too?

I just switched to Firefox and logged on to GIM2 and I can watch the videos there. I usually use Internet Explorer. So the problem is apparently unique to Internet Explorer.

How about you, Duck?

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
My cache is buried deep in a remote location in the mountains. Do I have a cache on my laptop, too?

I just switched to Firefox and logged on to GIM2 and I can watch the videos there. I usually use Internet Explorer. So the problem is apparently unique to Internet Explorer.

How about you, Duck?
In IE, you need to toggle "compatibility view" to off. Its under Tools on the menu bar. Or there is a little icon up at the top next to the reload circle thingy.
That'll fix you right up.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
In IE, you need to toggle "compatibility view" to off. Its under Tools on the menu bar. Or there is a little icon up at the top next to the reload circle thingy.
That'll fix you right up.
Thanks, that fixed it!!!!:party30:

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Mossad loves IE, insecure, easy to spy on! :bear_laugh:

Do ya self a favor and use a decent browser! :bear_thumb:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I forget, but one worth sharing/testing again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3SrjLlcUY&sns=em

I've had the privilege to know, be mentored, have a few beverages and even FLY with many of the "greatest generation" men and some special ladies... For the most part they were that just that good. :thumbs_up:

Hmm, also had many opportunities w/ Korean, Vietnam vets along with folks "just like me" that served later... Different, but many are "just that good" as well and prove it every day! :cool:

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
I forget, but one worth sharing/testing again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3SrjLlcUY&sns=em

I've had the privilege to know, be mentored, have a few beverages and even FLY with many of the "greatest generation" men and some special ladies... For the most part they were that just that good. :thumbs_up:

Hmm, also had many opportunities w/ Korean, Vietnam vets along with folks "just like me" that served later... Different, but many are "just that good" as well and prove it every day! :cool:
QWAK,If I click on the youtube link it works fine.:thumbs_up:

If I click on the black box and get the address this is what I get:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ie3SrjLlcUY?wmode=opaque

the "opaque" at the end of the address must have somthing to do with this problem!:idea::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Duck, my post #14 above has the "fix" for ya.
QWAK,specsaregood,BINGO :551: THANKS!!! you nailed it!:thumbs_up::23_28_100s:

Computer logic and DUCK LOGIC are not compatable :thumbs_down::cry_smile: when changes happen I am totaly lost in the understanding of how or why they changed or how to corect the problem.:thumbs_down::cry_smile:

I'm doing good to have a fiew people be able to read and comprehend my words typed with just one finger!:cheerful: