• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Why can't we the people just vote on every law ourselves?

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's obvious that voting doesn't do much good. They don't represent us they represent business and corporations.
So why can't we just open the voting booths and vote on every law ourselves?
How many people would vote for endless wars? Taxation of our pay? Welfare and Gov handouts?

I think we need a pay as we go system. Any proposed law that has a cost associated with it has that cost broken down on a per voter basis. If the vote is yes and its going to cost every person that votes 50 buck than every person that votes is on the hook for 50 bucks. Not one person paying 900 and 10 people paying nothing and receiving the benefit. If you vote you pay, simple as that. Taxes that are truly apportioned among each and every voter.
The system then becomes a pay as we go system and the money collected is all that is allowed to be spent.
Here's the beauty of it though, if you don't vote you don't have to pay. So if your poor and can't afford the 50 bucks if the measure passes then you don't go and vote. It eliminates the poor from going to the voting booth and voting for free shit for themselves.
We the people then get to stop Gov overspending once and for all.
Sure there are kinks in what I propose but surely it's better than electing lawyers who know nothing about economics to spend us into bankruptcy.

the_shootist

Targeted!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Well, that means the politicians would have to give up control. We will never see that without a civil war

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The quickest solution to the proliferation of endless, complex, long-winded, unconstitutional lays is one small piece of legislation declaring that all previous laws that have more words than the Constitution are hereby null and void.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Same problem as the electoral college. Can you say prez killinton?
At a state level can rural Illinois farmers outvote and out cheat chicago region?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
How easy it is to FORGET under a PURE DEMOCRACY 50.001% ( or even smaller majority)would and could control the 49.999% or larger minority.
Majority always gets.
Minority always loses.

That is DEMOCRACY.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The quickest solution to the proliferation of endless, complex, long-winded, unconstitutional lays is one small piece of legislation declaring that all previous laws that have more words than the Constitution are hereby null and void.
AND
Identified in the Constitution specifically. NOT Mentioned in the Constitution = States Rights not Federal.

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Well, that means the politicians would have to give up control. We will never see that without a civil war
Maybe i continue to miss the point ... I don't know ... we already have all the power we need to deal with these parasites on a regular basis. Everybody cries the blues about term limits, as though a politician is going to pass a law that puts him/her out of a job - ridiculous, at best. Until we have a govt that does not have assholes in office for 20+ years, this discussion continues to be a waste of time.
Our absolute power was proven in the last Presidential election. All the "experts" laughed at the possibility of a Trump presidency. They were proven wrong - in spades. People quietly got together (without even knowing it) and pulled the plug on the F*ing Democrats and F*ing RINOs alike.

Until we continue to do this , we'll continue to have corrupt career asshole politicians like Pelosi, Reid, McConnell, Bush, Christie, etc, ad nauseum.

For the record, I have voted against Lindsey Graham for the last 20+ years, and the miserable bitch, closet queen is still in office .

I doubt anything will change. I can only do what I do - the rest of the delusional herd will continue to vote against democrats, even if their R candidate is a douche-bag.

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
They are already null and void...

“All laws which are repugnant to the Constitution are null and void.” (Marbury vs.Madison, 1803

“Every law consistent with the Constitution will have been made in pursuance of the powers granted by it. Every usurpation or law repugnant to it cannot have been made in pursuance of its powers. The latter will be nugatory and void.” (Thomas Jefferson,Elliot, p. 4:187-88.)

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
For the record, I have voted against Lindsey Graham for the last 20+ years, and the miserable bitch, closet queen is still in office .
I can say the same about Mitch " The Corporate Bitch" McConnell, but there are too many useful idiots in KY that will drop their drawers and take his rhetoric right up the bung hole. JMHO

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
“THE men whom the people ought to choose to represent them are too busy to take the jobs. But the politician is waiting for it. He’s the pestilence of modern times. What we should try to do is make politics as local as possible. Keep the politicians near enough to kick them. The villagers who met under the village tree could also hang their politicians to the tree. It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.” - G.K. Chesterton - (interview with the Cleveland Press, 1921)

Joseph

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
“THE men whom the people ought to choose to represent them are too busy to take the jobs. But the politician is waiting for it. He’s the pestilence of modern times. What we should try to do is make politics as local as possible. Keep the politicians near enough to kick them. The villagers who met under the village tree could also hang their politicians to the tree. It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged.” - G.K. Chesterton - (interview with the Cleveland Press, 1921)
+1

h l mencken_1.jpg

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
How easy it is to FORGET under a PURE DEMOCRACY 50.001% ( or even smaller majority)would and could control the 49.999% or larger minority.
Majority always gets.
Minority always loses.

That is DEMOCRACY.
In theory you can have direct democracy which is still restrained by a constitution that limits the ability of the majority to infringe the rights of the minority.
Right now with the oligarchy in place we have representative democracy that is mostly doing the exact opposite of what the people want on such a broad range of issues.
It isn't the majority imposing their will on the minority, but the minority imposing their will on the majority.
Mob rule is rightly to be feared, but even the average mob of idiots would do a better job than the criminals in washington.

GOLDBRIX

Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
States have Referendums that make law - like going against the FED's to legalize cannabis. Let States make their own rules and force the FED's to follow the Constitution by giving power back to the States, starting with States appointing Senators again, States have no direct voice in the Federal Government. Senators are elected at large with big money interests influencing their positions - with State Legislators appointing Senators, if they are not representing States to the satisfaction of State Legislators, they recall them and appoint someone else.