• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Why do all the planets orbit in the same plane?

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
there were never any Moon rocks given to individuals.
...and the ones that were given to nations were about the size of a grain of rice and sealed inside of Lucite (Or something similar)

Also, like the article points out, there's no way they'd have been handing out samples to anyone within mere Months of the first mission.

What I think happened is that Drees misunderstood what he had been given and took it upon himself to claim it was of lunar origin.
...and Middendorf can't even remember how he came to have it to begin with.

If someone you trust gave you a rock and said it was from the Moon, would you anticipate forgetting how it came to be in your possession, but still be able to remember that it is a Moon rock?

Yet the Moon hoaxers run with this and use it to claim that the Apollo astronauts were giving out fake Moon rocks.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Heres another conspiracy.

The reason the US has never "publicly" gone back to the moon is they found aliens and alien bases. Those aliens rebuked all other attempts to land on the moon. The appollo missions went black ops in the 70's. Thats as good an explanation as any for why we never went back.

Remember when the US sent a Nuke to the moon? What were we trying to hit.

How bout when the US came back with moon rocks they handed them out to influential people but they all turned out to be petrified wood.
It's fun thinking up crazy stuff.

My saddest feeling about the space program (as a dreamer of humanity in the stars) is that a choice was made:

Do we continue pushing the very edge of science and learning... or do we have a nice war without raising taxes?

LBJ bragged that he put 50,000 men across the beach in Vietnam without raising taxes. TINS.

THAT was the death-knell of the space program.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
THAT was the death-knell of the space program.
That was the beginning of the end, for sure. Nixon made it official and put in writing with the Nixon Space Doctrine.
We was supposed to have space tugs, but they got cancelled too.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
That was the beginning of the end, for sure. Nixon made it official and put in writing with the Nixon Space Doctrine.
We was supposed to have space tugs, but they got cancelled too.
Our fucking leaders have been taking us down for decades and decades. AT some point we need to stop electing leaders and just be responsible for ourselves.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Our fucking leaders have been taking us down for decades and decades. AT some point we need to stop electing leaders and just be responsible for ourselves.
True anarchy does not exist. Utopias do not work out longer than a generation. Even the lowest street and motorcycle gangs create a structured leadership. Even the pirates we love to be compared with VOTED for their Captains.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
With no brackets 25*20+3/11= 500.27....
What am I doing wrong?
25*20+3/11=
25 x 20 = 500 + 3 = 503 / 11 = 45.72

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
What am I doing wrong?
BODMAS (Bracket, Of, Division, Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction.)

or

PEDMAS (Parentheses, Exponents, Division, Multiplication, Addition and Subtraction)

Using the above, explaining the order of execution, the order is division 1st, then multiplication, then addition.

20*25 + 0.272727
=500 + 0.272727

Golden Regards
Uncle

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Regarding moon rocks.

Yer Unca has touched one. Yuppers. They had a slice of a moon rock in the Smithsonian. You could reach your hand in and touch it.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What am I doing wrong?
25*20+3/11=
25 x 20 = 500 + 3 = 503 / 11 = 45.72
Ya ain't doin nothin wrong, ugly. My point was that without math rules you can set up a problem that can be resolved to many varied solutions. Evidently only scientists seem to go by the "rules'.
Oops — fergot, math ain't science...:Out:

BF

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Evidently only scientists seem to go by the "rules'.:Out:

BF
engineers too or I should hope! I want the guy who analyzed the forces acting on the wind spar of the next aircraft I fly on to be good at calculation. Not to mention bridges and buildings.

Uglytruth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Young engineer at work had a part fail. I mentioned pulling over to the side of the road wasn't an option. it was an aircraft part.
The look was of total shock. Responsibility educates!

True anarchy does not exist. Utopias do not work out longer than a generation. Even the lowest street and motorcycle gangs create a structured leadership. Even the pirates we love to be compared with VOTED for their Captains.
There have been several cultures without a central government.
~ The period of Hebrew history known as Judges
~ The tribes on the east side of the River Rhine, known to Romans as Germanicus
~ The Dutch Empire
~ The American colonies (Thomas Paine became the first ideological leader when he published Common Sense.)

Each example was prosperous, peaceful, unconquerable in war, and lasted about 150 years. Then the people threw away their blessings and demanded a central government. After that they either collapsed or were conquered.

Your remark about "utopias" suggests that you are thinking of communes in USA. Oneida is the only successful commune, because of its silversmithing business.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Your remark about "utopias" suggests that you are thinking of communes in USA. Oneida is the only successful commune, because of its silversmithing business.
The silverware company is a far cry from it's commune days.
"Tribes" still have leaders / chiefs and rankings of membership.
Same with the Dutch and American Colonies.