• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

WHY I LIKE GUNS

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
TOP TEN REASONS MEN PREFER GUNS OVER WOMEN

#10 - You can trade an old 44 for a new 22.

#9 - You can keep one gun at home and have another for when you're on the road.

#8 - If you admire a friend's gun and tell him so, he will probably let you try it out a few times

#7 - Your primary gun doesn't mind if you keep another gun for a backup.

#6 - Your gun will stay with you even if you run out of ammo.

#5 - A gun doesn't take up a lot of closet space.

#4 - Guns function normally every day of the month.

#3 - A gun doesn't ask, "Do these new grips make me look fat?"

#2 - A gun doesn't mind if you go to sleep after you use it.

#1 - You can buy a silencer for a gun.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
LDG bitched that she wanted the same rights as the guns.

I opined that she should go sit in the closet until it was time to get her out and bang her.

31 stitches

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
They are versatile tools as well as eye candy.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
They are versatile tools as well as eye candy.
Are you saying that I can use her for bait, too?

Wouldn't that fall under "for better or for worse"?

WillA2

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Are you saying that I can use her for bait, too?

Wouldn't that fall under "for better or for worse"?
I guess that depends on what you're trying to catch.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

dacrunch

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
This guy liked his guns - & had probably the most expensive handgun in the world...

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Asked the kid yesterday, "do you want to help me build the garden?"
him: "not really", goes back to gaming
me: "I'll let you use the staple gun"
him: "I'll be right there!"
He didn't even know what it was, but it had the word gun in it so he knew he wanted to use it. He had a grand time and helped me get the new garden box ready to go.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
He has safes that can be compromised by a listening computer. That technology has a backdoor that all electronics are required by federal law to have.
I guess he is O.K. as long as he stays out of the interests of L.E. , Local .Gov, Fed. GOV, The military ( WACO equipment) and his area avoids an EMP from bad guys or the sun.

Me, I chose to stay away from electronic tricks as much as possible. I wish I had a truck w/o computer running it. I carry a clam phone the battery can be taken out.

I'm Paranoid ? I only have 30+ years working and watching what Fed. Agencies have access too and what they can get away with. ( See the Obama FBI BOYS and current Deep State).
One may not fear the government. That does not mean the government does not fear the people.

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Me, I chose to stay away from electronic tricks as much as possible. I wish I had a truck w/o computer running it. I carry a clam phone the battery can be taken out.
Last thing first - my phone is a brick phone and you can remove it's battery and replace it that you buy as a spare (at least I do). Sonim XP5s - it's just a phone though it can be a hot spot (never set mine up).

Sonim XP5s.jpg

My 'not computerized truck' is a 1970 M35A2 deuce and a half. Parked behind my Excursion in our new storage unit. First of the year.

NS 6.jpg

Here is a picture of my FIRST deuce I bought at least 15 years ago. Sold it. Have a newer one now.

Old School deuce Diesel Power Magazine 1c.jpg

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
1592704724879.png

wallew

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Just to be clear, here are a couple more I've owned over the years - all retired military vehicles (except the Sub)... As your can see I have a 'problem' with owning multiple copies of things...

1984 M1009 Blazer
front left.jpg

M1028A2 dually after I painted it
DSCN1219.JPG

At one point, I had two M1009's and the M1028A2 dually
HPIM1872.jpg

And TWO M105 trailers
HPIM1877.jpg

And then we moved from Denver (where the 3 trucks pictures were taken) to Keller, Texas after selling one of the M1009's and both of the M105 trailers. I then hooked the M1009 to the M1028A2 via a military tow bar and dragged the M1009 to Keller (via San Angelo) with the M1028A2...

And we also had a 1991 GMC 4x4 Surburban during that same time period. Eventually sold the Sub as well. I STILL LIKE the square nose Chevy trucks!

DSCN0436.JPG

The funny part is that I decided to 'get out' of the square nose trucks in 2015 and eventually sold all of these trucks. Then a good friend of mine bought another new to him truck. He only had enough room for four in his hangar and he had five. He sold me his 1970 Deuce at a killer price and I was dragged back into the hobby once again. I guess I 'need' an MV in my life, at least right now.

And here is the website for all things MV... Steel Soldiers - https://steelsoldiers.com/

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Dam_, wallew, I bet Colorado checked you out for militia connections.
:band player 4::bombing aircraft:dancing guy :truck2: :fire:

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Talked to our local police man in charge of firearm permits to check on the status of my pistol permits.
He said they are backlogged a bit, "usually we get about 300 permit applications a year, this year we are over 700 already" so already 2x as many as last year, and we are only halfway through the year. Guess a lotta people are liking guns this year.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Talked to our local police man in charge of firearm permits to check on the status of my pistol permits.
He said they are backlogged a bit, "usually we get about 300 permit applications a year, this year we are over 700 already" so already 2x as many as last year, and we are only halfway through the year. Guess a lotta people are liking guns this year.
My bet is the increase came as the WuFlu/ANTIFA virus bloomed in the U.S.

O.T. Picking up a prescription that ran out the pharmacist asked if I had any allergies ? "I am allergric to anything FAUCI sez. I throw up". They chuckled.

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
My bet is the increase came as the WuFlu/ANTIFA virus bloomed in the U.S.

O.T. Picking up a prescription that ran out the pharmacist asked if I had any allergies ? "I am allergric to anything FAUCI sez. I throw up". They chuckled.
I resisted asking him at what point does their "backlog" become an undo restriction of our civil liberties? But if they delay too long it sounds like grounds for a lawsuit.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I resisted asking him at what point does their "backlog" become an undo restriction of our civil liberties? But if they delay too long it sounds like grounds for a lawsuit.
That would not be the Officer's call. It may not be the Police Chief's call. I'd say that would be the Black Robe divisions call.
It depends on how much manpower the PD wants to put at clearing the backlog, and the local atmosphere those politcians have toward 2A.
A lawsuit may be the only ticket to an Out of Court Settlement or a Judge's Verdict.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
JUNE SETS NEW RECORD FOR FIREARMS CHECKS NICS : 3.9 MILLION ( BOTTOM FIGURES)
At our clubs 4th of july party yesterday I was doing my thing talking politics and the state of affairs to people I haven't seen since last summer. Spoke to two life long democrats (union members) that had always thought they were "antigun" and yet started the gun purchaser permit process last month and were shocked how time consuming and "difficult" it is to get. Both found out it isn't actually "easy" to acquire a gun legally already.