• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Why Libertarian Jo Jorgensen is the Best Candidate

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I think it's time for the most famous libertarian to step up.
None of the Above.
If NOTA was on the ballot, it would win every election, from president all the way down to local Sewer District Commissioner.

The next best option is called Ranked Choice Voting, where the voter ranks all the candidates top to bottom.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ranked-choice_voting_(RCV)

gringott

"Veteran of the Battle of Knob Creek"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Newest unknown origin cardboard mailer for the Libertarian for Senate in Kentucky:
He's a Conservative Libertarian!
Yeah!
#FAKEFLYER

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Most people you have to tell Libertarians are conservatives...the real ones.

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Most people you have to tell Libertarians are conservatives...the real ones.
The problem is of course we don't know who is doing the telling. All these flyers in the mail, more than for any other candidate for the Senate in Kentucky, are mailed from Tenn. and other than saying they were printed in a union shop, have no origin. Not approved by any candidate, not who paid for it, not even a fake organization name. NOTHING.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I get 5 or 6 political mailers every day. (I've already voted, so thanks for wasting your money. :p)

All the mailers say who paid for it, usually not the candidate but some PAC. It might be an Arizona state law.

gringott

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Exactly. Every flyer I have received has who is behind it, a pac, the candidate, whatever.
Not these.
DNC I am sure is funding this.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Just saw this, thought I'd post it. Stossel interview.

She sounds alright on most stuff, but I still don't think she'd be able to get much done, as both parties would fight her and her policies as much or more than they do Trump's.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Just saw this, thought I'd post it. Stossel interview.

She sounds alright on most stuff, but I still don't think she'd be able to get much done, as both parties would fight her and her policies as much or more than they do Trump's.
On the plus side if she vetoed everything and made them over ride her veto, a lot less bad legislation would get thru...

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Using the logic of most supporters of Hairy Legs Biden, the best reason to vote for Jo Jorgensen is that she is not Trump...

... or Biden!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
On the plus side if she vetoed everything and made them over ride her veto, a lot less bad legislation would get thru...
Or the dems and rino's would learn how to work together in order to politically neuter her. As it stands, Trump has some people on his side. I doubt she'd have any.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The best chance Libertarians have is to emphasize that the US is turning into the Weimar Republic of Inflation

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
The best chance Libertarians have is to emphasize that the US is turning into the Weimar Republic of Inflation
Libertarians are the only ones vehemently opposed to government- induced inflation, almost all of which is deliberately created by the Bankster class.

Ron Paul is STILL right!

ronpaulendthefed-twitter.jpg

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I like her, she reasoned and I agree With her on most points

- gov scope and size
- Min wage
- fed education Control
- Spending
- special interest corruption
- charity

where i struggle with her

- she lacks shark blood (not a change agent but a pedagogic philosopher)
- her open borders stance seems naive to me (she believes immigrants are net positive to gdp and claims they don’t get benefits for five years)

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
I like her, she reasoned and I agree With her on most points

- gov scope and size
- Min wage
- fed education Control
- Spending
- special interest corruption
- charity

where i struggle with her

- she lacks shark blood (not a change agent but a pedagogic philosopher)
- her open borders stance seems naive to me (she believes immigrants are net positive to gdp and claims they don’t get benefits for five years)
As a card-carrying Libertarian for Forty Friggin' Frustrating Years, I agree with your assessment.

I think her lack of in-your-face shark blood actually appeals to a certain segment of the electorate. She's more of a calm and rational Ron Paul personality.

Immigration and abortion are basically the only two areas of disagreement within Libertarianism. IMHO there are valid points to both side of the arguments.

Personally, I do not come down on side of the completely open borders. But I can live with that point of view, at least until it comes time to actually do something on the issue.

I think the fact that she is a cool woman really helps her appeal. (Hockey player, proud whiskey drinker, married to a rock band drummer, etc) The problem, as it has always been, is getting national media coverage and exposure vs. literally millions of dollars worth of media coverage every day for Biden and Trump.

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Common sense solutions such as this are refreshing and appealing.

@Jorgensen4POTUS
It would take fewer words than this tweet to write a bill to suspend all income taxes and actually help Americans out right now and stimulate the economy. Instead we get Kabuki theater from the DnRs.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Looks like I've only got 2 Libertarian candidates on my ballot this year and I won't vote for either. The website only lists about 8 candidates in the entire state. I'd say the party in this state is doing very poorly. And they have major party ballot access so you can actually register as a Libertarian. Pretty poor effort IMO.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I've said more than once, Walt for Prez and Bungaman for vice prez.

Or I'm staying home!

ZZZZZ

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Looks like I've only got 2 Libertarian candidates on my ballot this year and I won't vote for either. The website only lists about 8 candidates in the entire state. I'd say the party in this state is doing very poorly. And they have major party ballot access so you can actually register as a Libertarian. Pretty poor effort IMO.
Being able to officially register as a Libertarian is different than automatic ballot access.

In many states, Libertarian candidates have to spend thousands of dollars or hundreds of hours gathering or paying for professionals to gather thousands of petition signatures to actually get on the ballot. Talk about "voter suppression."

All Donkey and Elephant Party candidates in the US essentially have a free ride, They just have to get nominated by the party to automatically be on the ballot. No sweat or effort. Many if not most run unopposed so they don't even have to win a primary.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Being able to officially register as a Libertarian is different than automatic ballot access.

In many states, Libertarian candidates have to spend thousands of dollars or hundreds of hours gathering or paying for professionals to gather thousands of petition signatures to actually get on the ballot. Talk about "voter suppression."

All Donkey and Elephant Party candidates in the US essentially have a free ride, They just have to get nominated by the party to automatically be on the ballot. No sweat or effort. Many if not most run unopposed so they don't even have to win a primary.
Yeah, that's true but it should have been easier this year and I know I've seen many more than that in past elections. And I believe in this state by getting major party ballot access you don't have to do the extra signatures, etc. it's the same as the other registered major parties.

I still think the best option for this voting system is to take the Republican and maybe a few D's towards the Libertarian ideas. There were like 36 running in 2018. That's a big drop down to 8.

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Let TheYankeeMarshal say his piece...

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Why won’t the preeminent Libertarian News Magazine support Jo?

what are they thinking “don’t vote”

I always liked Nick Gillespie but found Manga Ward smart but a few marbles short

72560ED2-F43E-4319-959E-C6A10AB538A3.jpeg

This is almost certainly the longest of the long shots, but what would happen if not a single vote was cast?

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
There have been lines of people voting for a month now

its going to be the highest turnout of my lifetime.

the ship has sailed on abstaining

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This is almost certainly the longest of the long shots, but what would happen if not a single vote was cast?
It would show no support for the system.
....and that's why most totalitarian systems require their people to vote. They want it to appear as though the people support it.

It would show no support for the system.
....and that's why most totalitarian systems require their people to vote. They want it to appear as though the people support it.
That's almost a given Joe, my thinking was what the repercussions would be within the current political paradigm.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
That's almost a given Joe, my thinking was what the repercussions would be within the current political paradigm.
It would be catastrophic, but it doesn't matter as it is not going to happen. Record turnout this year is my take on it.