• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Why So Many Believe The Moon Landing Was A Hoax

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The US "lost" the telemetry data.
Here's a satellite image of a lunar landing site. FYI: this image was taken by a US satellite orbiting the moon at around 60 miles up. The features are far too small to be seen from 4000 times that distance.

Do you think that there aren't other nations capable of this level of observation that wouldn't have made a really big stink if these pictures were false? This is one of thousands of similar pictures.

Do you think that? Really?

View attachment 206355
My problem with it is that it is from NASA, you know, the ones that we think.lied in the first place. I'm still waiting for non- NASA photos. I don't think that they exist.

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Stop thinking, meat. It's hurting the team.

NASA is a beurocracy intent on its own preservation of gravy train. IE.......the original budget for the Apollo program.

650 m.

Harrison Storms (project chairman for North American, builders of the Command Module and S2) said at the time it was a number they pulled out of their ass and the real number was 3-6 b

I believe it was around 15b 1969 dollars.

So what. He lied.

Also, Harrison Storms managed to treat Rocketdyne like an outside vendor

One of the prime reasons that the J-1 engine was so reliable

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Here's a satellite image of a lunar landing site. FYI: this image was taken by a US satellite orbiting the moon at around 60 miles up. The features are far too small to be seen from 4000 times that distance.

Do you think that there aren't other nations capable of this level of observation that wouldn't have made a really big stink if these pictures were false? This is one of thousands of similar pictures.

Do you think that? Really?

View attachment 206355
Tom, do you know the scale of this picture?

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I can't believe this topic warrants 7 pages of thread. Some of you that believe in the hoax should study up on the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions to understand how each phase of these 3 operations gradually brought us to the moon. The process was not a smooth one, which is true of all, real scientific achievements. The were setbacks and some good men died along the way (RIP, the men of Apollo 1) , but the science progressed to the point where we were able to get there.

Example, the development of the lunar excursion module was an example of the evolution of the program. In the early years, the scientists realized that landing a big, bulky rocket on the moon and returning it safely to earth was not feasible. So, they came up with the idea of a detachable LEM that would be towed to the moon. Then, they had to come up with a transposition and docking maneuver to detach and reposition the LEM to the nose of the command module. Astronauts spent hundreds of hours training for this maneuver. Was this fake, just for show? If you were going to fake a moon landing, would you spend thousands of man-hours and money on training for it?

Yes, we can traverse the Van Allen belt and sorry, but showing a bunch of photos with supposedly incongruous shadows does not prove a thing. It's pretty silly when two amateur guys (Myth Busters) can take apart all of the major hoax arguments in a one hour video. That's when you know you got nothing.

If you want a real conspiracy, lets talk about what the astronauts actually saw and experienced when they were on the moon. I don't think they were along up there.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know when NASA starts building a manned geosynchronous space station.
Maybe then I will join the true believers.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let me know when NASA starts building a manned geosynchronous space station.
Maybe then I will join the true believers.
What would that have to do with it? Even if they built one, you guys would just declare it to be fake too, same as is done with the current ISS.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
What would that have to do with it? Even if they built one, you guys would just declare it to be fake too, same as is done with the current ISS.

There are many significant advantages to having a space station in geosynchronous orbit. But that seems to be over your head.
It's also outside of the protection of the Van Allen belts and exposed to much higher levels of radiation. It would prove your contention that we can go outside of the Van Allen Belts. The fact that they have not done so, just leads to the conclusion that they can't.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
There are many significant advantages to having a space station in geosynchronous orbit.
I realize that.
....but there's been no compelling reason to make it happen yet.
.....and there are plans for something similar to that between the Earth and Moon.

But that seems to be over your head.
Like accessing data and arriving at a correct conclusion seems to be over yours.

It's also outside of the protection of the Van Allen belts and exposed to much higher levels of radiation.
All these years the Moon landing deniers have said the problem with going to the Moon is having to pass through the Van Allen Belts because the radiation is so much higher there.
.....but now your saying that isn't the case, and that it's actually lower in the VAB's? Which is it? You guys need to get your ideas straight. Lol

It would prove your contention that we can go outside of the Van Allen Belts.
It's not just my contention. It's fact.

The fact that they have not done so, just leads to the conclusion that they can't
What truly good reason is there to? Is there anything that compels us to hurry up and go? Not really. The main driving factor that got us to the Moon in the first place was fear of the Soviets taking over space, and potentially the Moon.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Soooo, why didn't we "take over" the moon? We apparently had our opportunity and just let it go.....

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Soooo, why didn't we "take over" the moon? We apparently had our opportunity and just let it go.....
Because we weren't intending to take it over. We (our gov with the Peoples blessings) were afraid that if the commies got there first that they might.
I have no idea if they would have, but that's at least a good part of the reasoning for the hurry-up-and-get-there attitude during the Apollo era.

Think of it kinda like a giant d!€k wagging contest on a national scale. If there's no one to wag it against, it tends to not get whipped out as much.

What a coincidence that after 50 of nothin', both the US and China have Moon missions planned in the next few years.

It comes down to this. Anything they (meaning any other nation) can do or go, we have to be able to "go there" or "do that" too.
.....or risk getting left behind.

Or ya can believe that all nations are faking it together. That the Soviets and the US gov were working hand in hand, with the Soviets being ok with America, in the end, getting all the glory.

I just have hard time seeing that as believable.

#48Fan

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I heard there wasn't anything of significance to be gained..... Wonder what gave them that idea?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I heard there wasn't anything of significance to be gained..... Wonder what gave them that idea?
What is there of significance to be gained?

Edited to add: other than bragging Rights, I mean.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
LOL, a million excuses, deny, deny deny.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Why don't they just use the Hubble Space Telescope and show all us skeptics?

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
If you believe the NASA bullshit the Hubble can only see clearly at multiple light year distances....a few million miles is to hard to focus in objects at that closer distance. At <250 thousand miles the Hubble is blind

Last edited:

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Do you understand geometry? Are you capable of googling "resolving power hubble" and find it's limit is .04 arc seconds? That works out to .000011 degrees but you knew that. The largest feature left on the moon is the lander at about 20 feet. A little HS trig will tell you that 20' object viewed from 240,000 miles works out to a tangent of .000000016 or .000000904 degrees, or far smaller than the hubble resolving power.

This is High School level math, you ought to be embarrassed.

bulloncoins

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's really strange they can make a telescope like that...that can see so far away....and yet they can't make one to show off what's on the moon to put all this to rest. Really weird stuff.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
But this is true.

oops, shoulda known tom would beat me to it <heh>

BF
I'm not intelligent enough in the math and geometry to review and absorb the data to say whether it's true or not. I'm just acknowledging what I've been told and won't get interlocked into another debate with the big brains on this topic

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
This has already been addressed at length in every Moon landing thread on this site since its inception. How could you not be aware of that?

It's a resolution issue, as clearly addressed (this time) by @TomD

Do you understand geometry?
Obviously not.
Are you capable of googling "resolving power hubble" and find it's limit is .04 arc seconds?
Obviously not.
You know what that means, right?
It means it'll get dropped and replaced with a, "well what about this, then?"

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's really strange they can make a telescope like that...that can see so far away....and yet they can't make one to show off what's on the moon to put all this to rest. Really weird stuff.
Why waste the billions of dollars to do so, just to have the resulting pics dismissed out of hand by labeling them as fake?

Because we all know darn well that's what would happen.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
And what significance was the recovery of aluminum in the early 1800s?
It had no practical use for almost 100 years. Until Bayer discovered how to extract it economically.
Now what if we never investigated this because it was 'too tough'?

Instant gratification — that's whats wrong with peoples now days.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The Hubble Technology is for long distance viewing. One can not use a set of binoculars as a microscope and visa versa.
In Space 250K miles away is not that big of a deal.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Hubble Technology is for long distance viewing. One can not use a set of binoculars as a microscope and visa versa.
In Space 250K miles away is not that big of a deal.
Ya know, one would think that more people would understand that, but no. Lol

Looking at the lunar landing sites with hubble would be like trying to use a pair of 7x35 binoculars to count ants on a mound that's 100 yards away. You might see the mound, but you won't be counting ants.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Just objectively looking -

Mikey - presented evidence in video form.
= makes a bunch a strange noises and excuses why he cannot view such evidence. Continues strange noises and farting unicorns.

Bigjon- presented pictorial evidence of landing site taken by satellite.
= shoves it aside and claims he still cannot except pictorial evidence because - the Van Allen Belt.

Gets shown evidence regarding VAB ignores it making even bolder claims than that which he disputes and doesnt provide source claiming "all they do is deny deny deny."
Cant make this up.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
1617641342758.png

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Just objectively looking -

Mikey - presented evidence in video form.
= makes a bunch a strange noises and excuses why he cannot view such evidence. Continues strange noises and farting unicorns.

Bigjon- presented pictorial evidence of landing site taken by satellite.
= shoves it aside and claims he still cannot except pictorial evidence because - the Van Allen Belt.

Gets shown evidence regarding VAB ignores it making even bolder claims than that which he disputes and doesnt provide source claiming "all they do is deny deny deny."
Cant make this up.
Much of this stuff is just upgraded technology points folks argued when Armstrong, Aldren, & Collins were on their way TO the moon.
They have never stopped just changed the argument from "Going though Heaven can not be done". To passing through the Van Allen belt will kill all life forms". From false religious beliefs to false science beliefs.

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Funny coming from u
You mean funny like a clown? Not sure you've noticed but I've stayed out of these kind of debates. I'm tired of the same meaningless arguments about things that, at the end of the day, doesn't really affect our day to day lives. We argue among ourselves while Rome burns

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
You mean funny like a clown? Not sure you've noticed but I've stayed out of these kind of debates. I'm tired of the same meaningless arguments about things that, at the end of the day, doesn't really affect our day to day lives. We argue among ourselves while Rome burns
Then why are you in the thread posting memes

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Then why are you in the thread posting memes
I'm not arguing, I'm in the thread because the mods have been gracious enough to allow me access and I like to read

newmisty

Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I'm not arguing, I'm in the thread because the mods have been gracious enough to allow me access and I like to read
Your last post you said you were tired of the meaningless arguing and now you're saying that you're here because you like to read. Maybe you should find a another Hobby that doesn't leave you so conflicted

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
and some people will argue about what color an outhouse should be painted.

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
The chicken scratches are evidence?
I could do as good.

Still low earth orbit.

Sorry boy's I'm not joining your church of the true believers.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still low earth orbit.
And you've had it explained to you as to why that is, how many times now?

How is it not reasonable to understand that it would've served no purpose to keep running Apollo missions to the Moon? They still have yet to examine all the rocks they already got.