• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Wife had her purse snatched

TomD

It blowed up, y'all
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Wife came out of a store in a shopping center earlier this week with a basket of stuff and was approached by a "25ish white girl" who looked fairly normal and was "upset" and looking for her missing puppy. While my wife was distracted, the "girl" snatched Susan's purse out of the basket and took off. In the purse was the normal stuff, wallet with maybe $70, usual credit & debit cards now cancelled, cell phone and, extraordinarily unfortunately, her wedding ring. But that's not the subject of this post. Also gone was her driver's license.

She went to replace the driver's license but was sent packing with the following list:
Proof of Identity

You will need an original or certified copy of one of these documents:

U.S. birth certificate
  • Valid U.S. passport or passport card
  • Certificate of Naturalization
  • Certificate of Citizenship
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad
Proof of Social Security Number

For this requirement, you will need an original of one of the below documents that shows both your full name and your Social Security number:

• Social Security card
  • W-2 form (may not be handwritten)
  • SSA-1099
  • Any 1099 that is not handwritten
  • Paycheck/paystub
Proof of Residential Address

To prove your residential address, you will need two different documents from the below list that display your residential address:

• Florida voter registration card
  • Florida vehicle registration or title
  • Deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet, or residential rental/lease agreement
  • Two documents showing proof from your parent, step-parent, legal guardian or other person with whom you reside, along with a statement from one of these individuals.
  • Florida boat registration or title (if you live on a boat/houseboat)
  • Automobile payment booklet
  • Selective Service card
  • Medical or health card with your address listed
  • W-2 or 1099 form

Understand that my wife is retired and hasn't worked in years, just had her purse stolen with all of her insurance and ID, and we don't have any mortgage or car payments, hasn't seen her SS card in 20 years and this is a damn near impossible list to come up with complete. Look at proof of ID. My passport is out of date and they don't accept hospital issued birth certificates, it has to be state issued.

What I want to know, how the hell do they square making a citizen dance through this many bureaucratic hoops while giving foreign nationals in the country illegally a drivers license based on no documentation and only a say so as to who the are?

Hystckndle

CONFORMADAPTKICKSOMEASS!!!
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Sorry for the loss.
Happened to me also.
I went through the list and got
One of each group.
Looks like 4 total.
Only pia for me was getting the Obama lookalike cert of live birth instead of my orig b.c.
Hang in there.
Regards,

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of your wife's troubles, the new license requirements are a major pain.

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
from the original post....yea might seem like a PIA but honestly if you dont have access to those docs then should you even be able to vote....most on the site agree with Voter ID laws to prove you are legit

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
any normal person can produce that tuff in about 2 minutes.....I am 3 sheets to the wind right now and can pull all this info immediately.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
All this nonsense because of Real ID act.
I'd give you four "LIKES" (out of 4 "stars") for your post stoli.
You are dead on with the problem source.

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Your STATE ID did not have to be a PASSPORT on a card before RealID. Why does it have to be now ? ANSWER : RealID
Before RealID all you needed was your Birth Cert. and ONE other recognized form of I.D.
All this other crap is NWO / UN agenda "Herd Control"

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Your STATE ID did not have to be a PASSPORT on a card before RealID. Why does it have to be now ? ANSWER : RealID
Before RealID all you needed was your Birth Cert. and ONE other recognized form of I.D.
All this other crap is NWO / UN agenda "Herd Control"
I get it...to get a passport you had to provide all that stuff up front so why shouldnt PP suffice....but providing it once means it should be easy to provide it again.....this is not a battle I am not worth fighting

Rusty Shackelford

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Goldbrix,

The fact that I question you in one post and have a "negative" opinion on your view, and you still manage to find it within yourself to give me a thanks in another thread speaks to why I like this forum 100X more than any other forum on the web!!

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I carry a moonbag with wallet, phone and smokes. Was at gym 20:00 at night, parked in a well lit parking garage. Thought I'll just stuff the moonbag in the 'bag' behind the passanger seat. Didn't have to make obvious movements. Fuckers broke my passanger rear window and took only the moonbag.

Went to cop-shop at 22:00 to report stolen phone and wallet. Wallet cotained ID, drivers and bank cards.

Cop told me to 'just wait a minute' and returned with my ID and drivers. I was amazed and asked him WTF? Members of the flying squad saw my docs lying in the middle of the highway, 20 miles away and returned it to the cop-shop closest to where I live.

And this in Africa!

Saved me major pain in re-applying for drivers and ID.

Hang in there TomD and condolences to you both.

Golden Regards
Uncle

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Holy crap! This looks like a giant pita.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Well that's nuthin! My wife had her snatch pursed, latest trend, don't ask.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
All this nonsense because of Real ID act.
I'd give you four "LIKES" (out of 4 "stars") for your post stoli.
You are dead on with the problem source.
Yep, once again fed.gov is the source of the problem.

so you are cool with John and Jane Doe from Honduras and Guatemala voting in elections?
The point is that the reason there is such a thing as real id is due to fact the gov won't do its job to control the borders.

If the borders were controlled, we here in America wouldn't need to keep burdening ourselves with ever-increasing new requirements simply to be able to differentiate ourselves from the illegals.

Zed

Size doesn't count!
Midas Member
Site Supporter
What I want to know, how the hell do they square making a citizen dance through this many bureaucratic hoops while giving foreign nationals in the country illegally a drivers license based on no documentation and only a say so as to who the are?
We really need to cleanse the system of all these "public servants", all they seem to do is make up shit to do at your expense (time, money, blood pressure etc). Grows like cancer till the host can no longer support it.

Last edited:

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Here's an idea. Have her go down there and claim to be one of those foreign nationals, and get her a new license that way.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Good luck Tom.

It is disappointing that the only acceptable form of military ID is a Selective Service Card.

Who the feck still has their SS Card?
Not me shaggy and I did NOT burn mine , lucky number 68 for my winning lottery number , I joined.

It is an insult to every GI that the mofos will not accept any of my military records as acceptable forms of ID.....

Not my DD214.....
Not my fecking Honorable Discharge certificate?....

But my draft card is ok to prove my address?...

The address on my draft card if I still had one would have been from the 60’s...a lot of good that would do...

image.jpg

GOLDBRIX

Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
all these "public servants", all they seem to do is make up shit
These are the political, Voted IN, "public servants" that come up with this sh!t.
Jane and John Doe working the license bureau and such, are not the ones creating the sh!t. They have to work with this sh!t We the People voted IN to REPRESENT us but cowl down to their leaderships' agenda.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Tom, be cautious if you get a phone call with the great news that the purse has been found with all the ID inside. There is a scam where the crooks tell you to meet them someplace, but then they break into your house while you are at the meeting spot. Bad as some things are, they can always get worse.