• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Wild swings in the PM markets of late.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hi gang,

These are wild swings. The last time we saw these swings was prior to $50 Oz 2011. Will AG rally to $100 Oz? Highly likely. The USD debt at that time was $13 Trillion. To date that same debt is US21 Trillion, excluding other liabilities..

These are dangerous times indeed if one concedes fiat to be an integral medium of exchange.

SH

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
The debit is now 22.6 trillion.
(but what's a trillion or two one way or the other)

:-)

TheDebt.jpg

Strawboss

Home Improvement Sales Trainee...
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
Where are these wild swings you speak of?

In my experience - what we have been seeing lately is relatively tame and mild for the PM space...

Having said that...I do believe that wild swings are coming...but we havent seen them yet...

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
When silver was five dollars and gold was $300 I remember some of the gold bugs warning everyone about the big $100 and $200 swings ....

I don’t remember if that ever happened and I may have missed it

Does anyone remember any big swings in the last 20 years?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The debit is now 22.6 trillion.
(but what's a trillion or two one way or the other)

:-)

View attachment 142114
The national debt is a number that cannot be repaid. Keep preparing for the enviable. Trump knows trying to reduce the national debt is a fool errand. He's adding to it without restraint rebuilding the military for the purpose of dealing from a position of strength once he declares martial law and we can start hanging commies from every tree and light post. (That last part was a dream I keep having)

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
The national debt is a number that cannot be repaid.
None of those in government have ever had any intention of repaying the debt. When they can't kick it down the road any more, they'll just do a re-set and start again.

Unless, and until, we have sound money again, it's all just a game.

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The ups and downs during bear markets was like watching paint dry. 1-3 cents DMA. Look at what has happened of late, 50 c + swings on the DMA, often kissing $1 moves. Ag goes for the horns, and then back into the cave, at least of late Ag is holding some ground and not retreating back to the humdrum days of $9 of a few years ago.

SH

hoarder

Dat Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
None of those in government have ever had any intention of repaying the debt.
None of those in banking have ever had any intention of collecting the phony "national debt". It's all about collecting interest on money issued out of thin air for as long as they can get by with it.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The national debt is a number that cannot be repaid. Keep preparing for the enviable. Trump knows trying to reduce the national debt is a fool errand. He's adding to it without restraint rebuilding the military for the purpose of dealing from a position of strength once he declares martial law and we can start hanging commies from every tree and light post. (That last part was a dream I keep having)
O, for it to come to pass...

Bigjon

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Our money is debt. For every debit there is a credit and the banker's ledger is a mirror image of the public's ledger. A zero sum game, all the credit plus all the debt equals zero.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
None of those in government have ever had any intention of repaying the debt. When they can't kick it down the road any more, they'll just do a re-set and start again.

Unless, and until, we have sound money again, it's all just a game.
What would a reset look like?

SongSungAU

Midas Member
Midas Member
What would a reset look like?
What comes after Bretton Woods? That's a good question.

Hopefully we get back to sound money. If gold doesn't back it, whatever comes next will be a scam.

Last edited: