• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Will Whitaker Recuse Himself From The Mueller Investigation?

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Trump's acting attorney general Matt Whitaker 'will consult with ethics officials' over whether to recuse himself from the Mueller investigation

• Trump's new acting AG Matt Whitaker is under intense pressure from Democrats
  • Democrats say he should recuse himself from Mueller investigation
  • In recent months, Whitaker has been highly critical of the Mueller probe
  • He even talked about starving it of funds in order to put a stop to it
  • Whitaker was made acting AG after Trump fired Jeff Sessions last week
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...t-ethics-officials-Mueller-investigation.html

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Will he or will he not? Only the Trump knows for sure.

I am thinking this question has already been thought out and if he does or not will only have been answered after a few more democrats have been scatterbraind by the Trump.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Let's see.
Whitaker doesn't strike me as the type to want to cut his own balls off.
I think he will continue to ignore the Democrats.
He is Trump's hand picked hatchet man who has more than 9 months to do some heavy lifting. By then, Trump will pick a permanent AG, and Whitaker will never have to answer to the Demon-rats. He will have indicted many of them by then, I think.
Game, set and match???

the_shootist

Molon Labe! Deplorable Dreg!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I've seen enough in the last 7 days to have no faith in any of this any more. At this point I don't care what he does!

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
I've seen enough in the last 7 days to have no faith in any of this any more. At this point I don't care what he does!
And, that my friends is why I do not watch "the news." What was that country song? "A lot less talk and a lot more action?" yes indeedie I am ready for the circus to continue....and here I thought growing old would be a boar.....best dam election cycle, like forever.

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Ok
Go ahead and take a break. We will wake you up when something of significance happens.
In the mean time, I am laying in an extra supply of popcorn to better enjoy the show.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Ok
Go ahead and take a break. We will wake you up when something of significance happens.
In the mean time, I am laying in an extra supply of popcorn to better enjoy the show.
Easy on the salt and butter....very unhealthy you know

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I see no reason why he should. Only reason Sessions did, was due to him having worked for Trump's campaign.
....and if DOJ/FBI agents didn't recuse themselves from the investigation due to their obvious bias, Whitaker shouldn't have to either. The dems are PO'd about it only because someone is in charge who isn't on their side.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I see no reason why he should.
voice of reason, as I don't see their logic either, other than to cry about it, along with filing lawsuits and all that jazz,

let's do all manner of stupid stuff rather than actually doing our jobs while we are here guys.............the new dem mantra

oops, edit to add/modify, the same 'ole dem mantra

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
maryland filed lawsuit to make him recuse himself
I'm not getting the Mayland thing at all? What does it matter to a state who an acting attorney general is as at least there is one there and the continuity of gumbyment proceeds uninterrupted. hummm? Should be the congress and they can pass all the legislation and the senate can rubber stamp it and the office of the executive can veto it and then lets see if they have a supermajority to ram it down the Trump's throat.

Yep, better get popcorn.....lots of popcorn because I think there is going to be a run on the seed stock as long as this has gone on.

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Public Safety

Maryland challenges legality of Whitaker’s appointment as acting U.S. attorney general

Matthew G. Whitaker, now acting U.S. attorney general, appears at a roundtable discussion in August at the Justice Department. (Allison Shelley/Reuters)

By Ann E. Marimow
November 13 at 6:06 PM

Maryland’s top lawyer asked a federal judge Tuesday to block Matthew G. Whitaker from serving as acting U.S. attorney general, contending that the appointment is illegal.

Maryland Attorney General Brian E. Frosh (D) said that President Trump’s appointment of Whitaker to the nation’s highest law enforcement post is unconstitutional and that he should be replaced by Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who was confirmed by the Senate.

“Few positions are more critical than that of U.S. Attorney General, an office that wields enormous enforcement power and authority over the lives of all Americans,” Frosh said in a statement.

[Jeff Sessions forced out as Attorney General]

Trump tapped Whitaker to serve as acting attorney general last week after Jeff Sessions resigned at the president’s request. Whitaker’s elevation has raised concerns about his qualifications, his past statements as a U.S. Senate candidate and his business practices.

The legal challenge to Whitaker’s appointment comes as part of Maryland’s ongoing federal lawsuit that is trying to force the Trump administration to uphold a key provision of the Affordable Care Act.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
….uld be replaced by Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who was confirmed by the Senate.
confirmed to what? Bear with me here as I was drinking the brandied coffies till I ran out of coffy then I just pounded the brandy till it was gone then I killed the beer then I started all over again, so evidently I missed something.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
I'm of the mind that when the left screams bloody murder that Trump is hitting pay dirt...

They who scream the loudest...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Key U.S. Senate Republican says acting Attorney General comfortable with Russia probe

Reuters
1 hr ago

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Republican Senator Lindsey Graham said on Thursday that acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker, who now oversees a probe of whether President Donald Trump's campaign colluded with Russia, told him he had no concerns about Special Counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the investigation.

"He's seen nothing out of bounds or no concerns at all about Mr. Mueller," Graham, a senior member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, told reporters in comments confirmed by his spokesman.

Graham, after a meeting with Whitaker, said he was confident there would be no interference in the investigation and said he said he saw no need for Whitaker to recuse himself as Democrats have demanded, the spokesman confirmed.

Whitaker, a Trump loyalist and a former U.S. attorney for the southern district of Iowa, had criticized the Mueller probe as too far-reaching before he was appointed by Trump last week to run the Justice Department.

Trump has denied that his 2016 presidential campaign colluded with Russia and calls the Mueller probe a witch hunt.

U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Russia interfered in the 2016 election to help Trump by undermining Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. Russia has denied any meddling in the election.

(Reporting by Mark Hosenball; writing by Tim Ahmann; editing by Eric Beech and Dan Grebler)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...table-with-russia-probe/ar-BBPKYbe?ocid=ientp

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Democratic senators SUE to have Trump's appointment of Matt Whitaker as acting attorney general declared unconstitutional by a judge

• Richard Blumenthal (Connecticut), Mazie Hirono (Hawaii) and Sheldon Whitehouse (Rhode Island) are suing to stop Matt Whitaker's appointment
  • They are asking a federal judge to declare that Trump's acting attorney general's appointment is unconstitutional because the Senate have not approved it
  • Whitaker was appointed to replace Jeff Sessions on November 7 but the Iowa attorney and failed politician has entered a firestorm of controversy
  • Justice Department is also trying to brush aside a request from an alleged criminal to get Supreme Court to declare appointment unconstitutional

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ic-senators-sue-Whitakers-appointment-AG.html

andial

((( member )))
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Democratic senators SUE to have Trump's appointment of Matt Whitaker as acting attorney general declared unconstitutional by a judge

• Richard Blumenthal (Connecticut), Mazie Hirono (Hawaii) and Sheldon Whitehouse (Rhode Island) are suing to stop Matt Whitaker's appointment
  • They are asking a federal judge to declare that Trump's acting attorney general's appointment is unconstitutional because the Senate have not approved it
  • Whitaker was appointed to replace Jeff Sessions on November 7 but the Iowa attorney and failed politician has entered a firestorm of controversy
  • Justice Department is also trying to brush aside a request from an alleged criminal to get Supreme Court to declare appointment unconstitutional

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ic-senators-sue-Whitakers-appointment-AG.html
Is this senator going to take his case onto the Ellen show? if not then it aint important.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Shadowy conservative nonprofit that refuses to name its donors paid acting attorney general Matt Whitaker $1.2 MILLION over three years

• Whitaker's disclosure reveals payments from Foundation for Accountability & Civic Trust
  • Previously he had been a U.S. attorney and Iowa lawyer
  • The nonprofit changed names numerous times and doesn't disclose donors
  • Also earned $15,000 from CNN and funds from invention company
  • Whitaker at the time called for investigating Hillary Clinton and criticized Mueller probe
  • Trump named Whitaker acting attorney general when he forced out Jeff Sessions
  • $1,750 from inventions marketing company accused of fraud
  • Trump passed over Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein to name Whitaker
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nonprofit-paid-Whitaker-nearly-1-million.html

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Maryland Attorney General
Democrats gained control of four Republican-held attorney general offices in the November 6, 2018, elections.

Democratic candidates flipped open seats in Colorado, Michigan, and Nevada and unseated a Republican incumbent in Wisconsin, while Republicans picked up Alaska's previously-independent attorney general office by winning the gubernatorial election.[1] In all, 30 states held elections for attorney general out of the 43 states in which the office is elected.

Democrats left the 2018 elections with 25 attorney general offices to Republicans' 24. Heading into the election, the majority of state attorney general offices were held by Republicans, with 27 attorney general offices to Democrats' 21. Hawaii's attorney general was nonpartisan.

https://ballotpedia.org/Attorney_General_elections,_2018

For sake of thought:
George Soros spent millions on State AG positions. These positions can affect the POTUS and his actions and carry the weight of a State.
We see here, in the article, the Republicans lost a total of 3 States AG offices. (but that's not how the story begins, imagine a time when journalists actually were). That's three more States that will be flipped Communist through their application / misapplication of the law while POTUS Trump gained 3 more antagonists

The man, Soros, needs to be incarcerated but since the UK didn't do anything when he collapsed their bank, he must be well protected and will probably eventually die, a free man, with the souls of thousands of people, connected to him, forever

'It's always another day'

Shadowy conservative nonprofit that refuses to name its donors paid acting attorney general Matt Whitaker $1.2 MILLION over three years

• Whitaker's disclosure reveals payments from Foundation for Accountability & Civic Trust
  • Previously he had been a U.S. attorney and Iowa lawyer
  • The nonprofit changed names numerous times and doesn't disclose donors
  • Also earned $15,000 from CNN and funds from invention company
  • Whitaker at the time called for investigating Hillary Clinton and criticized Mueller probe
  • Trump named Whitaker acting attorney general when he forced out Jeff Sessions
  • $1,750 from inventions marketing company accused of fraud
  • Trump passed over Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein to name Whitaker
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...nonprofit-paid-Whitaker-nearly-1-million.html
This was expected and will probably eventually include midgets and donkeys

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Doesn't matter....Dims and Pukes are both sides of the same coin

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Coins are way too clean, dude, try both sides of the same festering flop of feces.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
More than 400 former DoJ employees sign a statement opposing Trump appointee Matt Whitaker as acting attorney general

• Lawyers, judges and civil servants signed joint statement opposing Whitaker
  • Group say they are 'disturbed' by Trump appointing man without Senate vetting
  • They call for successor to Jeff Sessions to be nominated through the Senate
  • In the meantime the role should pass to the Senate-approved official next in line
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-oppose-Whitaker-acting-attorney-general.html

tigerwillow1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter