• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Windows 10 forcibly installing it's self

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
I'd say dual boot Linux for a while and see what you think, it is OK for MOST users... Linix Mint is a good install that has most drivers etc and will work out of the box.
Already have. I really do prefer Win7 but absolutely hate 10. I just don't trust MS anymore... Never did just even less now.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Already have. I really do prefer Win7 but absolutely hate 10. I just don't trust MS anymore... Never did just even less now.
Ten pushes too much consumer crap on you.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Yep, Win 10 sucks. I cannot trust it for my automated systems (radio meteor detection, satellite weather systems, astro imaging, etc.), doing real science that cannot be interrupted by the "Oh I upgrade your computer NOW" bull that comes with win 10. I will need to port some of my systems to linux (several components of my systems are already ported to Linux) and then just firewall off any that require windows so I don't have to trust them to garbage 10.

jiikoo

Seeker
Seeker
I have one win10 laptop. Never exposed internet, no updates. perfect.

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Extra thanks to Zed for pointing to Reactos. Went and watched some utubes on the product and it looks promising.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
I have a *new* 17" screen lappytopp, I installed a new 500g HD because older HD went south. At the time I had taken it to a Computer Shop. They wanted 500 to install a new solid State drive and windows 10.

I guffawed and headed out the door

I bought a 500g SS HD online for 85 (Tiger Direct), installed myself in 5 minutes, bootlegged a windows 7 for one partition and a linux fedora for the other

Windows tried to jack me with the "auto-update", thwarted that one.

Now I'm dealing with a "your windows isn't genuine" message.

I don't care that Microsux isn't going to support win 7 anymore. i am still running win XP on the garage laptop and haven't had any of the predicted problems when that support was dropped. i can sill internet out in the shop just fine.

Fuck win8, win 10, offsite storage for a fee, fuck the governman, fuck the updates

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Extra thanks to Zed for pointing to Reactos. Went and watched some utubes on the product and it looks promising.
If they get it together I think it will gain HUGE momentum. The corporate sector is tied by legacy to Windows BUT wants low cost and a no BS operating system. Much like many of us.... I can see this working but it has been a slow path out of the primordial ooze for these guys. Lets hope they make it.

kiffertom

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
install gwx control panel. it will remove the win 10 installs and it will protect you from it happening again.