• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Windows 10 is free . . .

anywoundedduck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If you are scared of Linus because it looks different there is a distro called Zorin. It's GUI looks exactly like Win right down to the start menu and colors. Perfect for people who want to transition. You can install it as a dual boot w/winders if you wish. All drivers work without disks, even my chepo brother laser printer.

Then when ya grow up you might like Linux Mint, my personal fav.
Sick of underhanded tactics of Microsoft. Would like to install another OS that supports QuickBooks, and it's associated hardware (cash register drawer, CC scanner, raster printer for CC reciept)
Anyone have any experience setting this up?

bb28

Silver Member
Silver Miner
QuickBooks only runs on Windows and Mac. You will have the biggest issue with the drivers.

Microsoft has announced they will start bundling all of their updates together so even if you have Windows 7 or 8, you will need to install the telemetry updates in order to get anything from them. So, the privacy concerns may be there with Windows 7 and 8 unless you completely disable Automatic Updates.

bb

mayhem

Другая перспектива
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Sick of underhanded tactics of Microsoft. Would like to install another OS that supports QuickBooks, and it's associated hardware (cash register drawer, CC scanner, raster printer for CC reciept)
Anyone have any experience setting this up?
Try to contact any of the linux prodject dev.'s their nanes are listed everywhere. Maybe but a little dev cash and you could have your own product to sell. I know someone who got a dev to build a card reader a couple of years age. Remember QBooks is just a database program. I wrote a accounting program years ago using Open Office, but a relational db program works better. My associates use excel for their bookeeping program. Just remember it's just a database program and can be written in any program language to suit any OS.