• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Winnipeg under lockdown as police search for shooter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101024/wl_canada_afp/canadacrimeshooting_20101024161459

MONTREAL (AFP) – Police in Winnipeg warned residents to lock themselves in their homes Sunday as they searched for a man who shot dead two people and injured a third in a bizarre shooting spree.
Local media reported that the suspect was believed to have shot at his victims from a bicycle, using a sawed-off shotgun.
Police spokesman Jason Michalyshen told the Winnipeg Free Press that citizens should not open doors to unexpected visitors.
"It seems to be random shootings in the North End," Michalyshen told reporters. "We don't know where this individual is at this point. This is a very serious incident. It is unique and very unfortunate."
One witness told the paper the shooter was dressed as "a ninja." :Ninja:

Sindgefallen

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I guess it is not Michael Moore's gun crime free utopia after all.

keehah

Seeker
Seeker
But you can see the effect of over $4.00 gas. :)

Sindgefallen

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sorry I just had to, its raining here and it is getting me down.

I didn't mention Cuban healthcare and Castro's admission of his economics failure.

honu5050

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
very odd ....ninjas don't use guns. :hmmmm:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
lol
This is exactly why I've always been suspicious of bicycle-riding ninjas carrying sawed-off shotguns.
:biggrin:

That's a healthy fear. :p

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Winnipeg has been dubbed the murder capital of Canada.

Drug gangs are very active there. One small time drug pusher started to sell drugs on a motorcycle gang's turf. Luckily for the small time drug pusher, he got off with a warning: They crushed his knuckles using a ball pien hammer. At least he got away alive! Others are not that lucky.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Oh Noos!! Violence in canuckistan? Say it isn't so! Good thing the police told all 300 or so of them to surrender all at once.