• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

woke lowe's

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
so this black leader of lowes gets on tv and announces he is starting a special program,

a program to support 'minority us businesses'

that black owned businesses will be set up to come in and pitch their products for lowes to carry on their shelves,

BUT,

nothing allowed for white business owners to do the same,

meaning it isn't about buying amerikan at all,
just more going woke faster than the next corp

point being,

boycott lowes and their racist division tactics

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
how 'bout the mehican products?

there are lots of mehicans near me who can make some really cool duct taped products...they really need to make some room for these products

oh, wait...

there won't be anything in the Black section, it'll be looted BEFORE it even hits the store shelves...problems solved right from the git-go

"Pedro, we got room for your stuff, once your done merchandising the shelf, go clean the RR's"

:2 thumbs up:

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I swore off lowes this summer when they cancelled 2 of my orders the day before delivery without notice or even telling me they were cancelled -- one of the orders were 4 ceiling fans I had somebody coming to install the next day. But this is another good reason.

on related note, I used my discover card as my primary credit card for years. I dropped them a few months ago for the same reason as OP. they were promoting they were starting a 20mil yearly giveaway to black business owners. Im a white business owner, why would I use discover when they want to give money away to my potential competition? enough with the racial division, I use my AMEX now.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
My son has me switching to HomeDepot from Lowes, so "I'm in". :2 thumbs up::finished:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I swore off lowes this summer when they cancelled 2 of my orders the day before delivery without notice or even telling me they were cancelled -- one of the orders were 4 ceiling fans I had somebody coming to install the next day. But this is another good reason.

on related note, I used my discover card as my primary credit card for years. I dropped them a few months ago for the same reason as OP. they were promoting they were starting a 20mil yearly giveaway to black business owners. Im a white business owner, why would I use discover when they want to give money away to my potential competition? enough with the racial division, I use my AMEX now.
Thanks specsaregood.
Damn, I have been with Disc. card since the 1980's. I'm outa there !!!:thumbs down::give finger:

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
so this black leader of lowes gets on tv and announces he is starting a special program,

a program to support 'minority us businesses'

that black owned businesses will be set up to come in and pitch their products for lowes to carry on their shelves,

BUT,

nothing allowed for white business owners to do the same,

meaning it isn't about buying amerikan at all,
just more going woke faster than the next corp

point being,

"Supply Chain Diversity". I applied for a job at Fastenal once, and I learned in the application process that they must diversify their supply chain (a certain percentage a sexual deviant, brown people, and women owned business) in order to get government contracts.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
I haven't been a fan or either Lowes or HD since they did away with the cashiers. Now check out is full self service where I (have to) go. Even if you have pieces of lumber / pipe, you have to scan it yourself. The lines are way longer than before. The help only steps in when the lines get too long and "help" you then. Believe it or not, I do a lot of my hardware/plumbing buying on Amazon. Decent selection, reasonable prices, right to my door. Maybe minority based businesses are being used, can't help that.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I saw that the University of Chicago is doing the same/similar. ONLY allowing Black grad students this year. Yep, that's not racist at all. Less surprising out of that liberal cess pool but still telling.

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Is that "only allowing black grad students" [to apply]? Or only allowing black students to graduate?

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I bought a utility trailer from Lower's, two years ago. What a cluster-copulation.

Ended with me losing my temper - I got a good price (on a Carry-On brand that was a POS) but to get it I had to apply for a Lowes card. Which, by the time I got the card in the mail, I was so angry about that I cut it up and mailed it back.

Amazon is a good source when you know exactly what you want. I hate to admit it and I hate to see that son of Saton, Bozos, make MOAR money; but his business model, in this Woke world, is the right one.

Ace Hardware is about ninety percent of what Lower's is, and - until we all got Face-Diaper Mania - they WERE very helpful.

That has changed; just as Wally World has gotten all Karen-y, so has Ace-hole. NONE of these businesses seem to remember, they're there for CUSTOMERS. So I have to pick the least-bad bad place. Ace threw me out because my dirtbike helmet, with a face guard and filter, wasn't diapery enough for the Male Karens. So I'm loathe to go back in; but there's another one, 25 miles south in another county (not covered by the Face-Diaper Edict) that I have used a few times.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
as specs alluded to,
it is getting real hard to get away from these corps and their social engineering,

golf galaxy.......out
lowes........out
sams club.......out
amazon........out
yahoo.........out
etc etc

hard to exist when everything is funneling through a few purveyors

and every nickel you provide any of them, only furthers their boot on your throat,

then to do it willingly?

seriously?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
as specs alluded to,
it is getting real hard to get away from these corps and their social engineering,

golf galaxy.......out
lowes........out
sams club.......out
amazon........out
yahoo.........out
etc etc

and every nickel you provide any of them, only furthers their boot on your throat,

then to do it willingly?

seriously?
They pay low and most of the employees are eligible for .gov assistance.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
as specs alluded to,

golf galaxy.......out
lowes........out
sams club.......out
amazon........out
yahoo.........out
etc etc

then to do it willingly?

seriously?
you see the pattern, it's not male baldness either

our freedoms are not 'going away' directly from .gov

the commies have found a way around that non-sense of legislate this, decide on that type business

now our Rights ARE truly controlled by men, through the Corporations, which iirc, are people too

our Rights are being dissolved in that pot of hot water we're cooking in...

Ribbet

Aurumag

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I gave up on Lowe's a few months back due to very poor customer service.

Home Depot and Ace Hardware are the only choices now.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ace is the place... if you need a small widget chances are very good they have it.

Lowes and HD both go for the packaged product. You need 4, but there's only 3 in the plastic, so like hotdogs and buns you have to get two.

Ace you can get just one of something if you want it.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
you see the pattern, it's not male baldness either

our freedoms are not 'going away' directly from .gov

the commies have found a way around that non-sense of legislate this, decide on that type business

now our Rights ARE truly controlled by men, through the Corporations, which iirc, are people too

our Rights are being dissolved in that pot of hot water we're cooking in...

Ribbet
This has been there path for some time. The real problem is the anti-competitive environment that has allowed them to squash the normal market competition. REGULATIONS allow for their lawyers and paid g-men lackeys to go after the upstart competition. And if that fails for a few rare companies then they just buy them up to bury their products.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ace is the place... if you need a small widget chances are very good they have it.

Lowes and HD both go for the packaged product. You need 4, but there's only 3 in the plastic, so like hotdogs and buns you have to get two.

Ace you can get just one of something if you want it.
I've been going to the locally owned Ace more this year as well. As soon as the box store Menards required masks I walked out and haven't been back. Sadly my wife has gone a couple times.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
How much liability comes with going against a governor ordered mandate?
a whole lot more than what comes with abusing your customers, driving them away...right back into their own arms

in some places, there's no other choice

this country used to call them Monopolies, but the elitists cried, and the conservatives caved in because they were paid off...

real honest form of capitalism and legalism and politicism and social guidance all the way into our 'cages'

No Building Material For You!

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I've been going to the locally owned Ace more this year as well. As soon as the box store Menards required masks I walked out and haven't been back. Sadly my wife has gone a couple times.
Same here. I really dont give a shit about the mask -- if my wife can work 12 hour shifts wearing a mask for years, I can deal with it for a short trip. At the same time, spending 5 minutes at a small Ace store wearing a mask is a hell of a lot less annoying than an hour in a big box store.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
a whole lot more than what comes with abusing your customers, driving them away...right back into their own arms

in some places, there's no other choice

this country used to call them Monopolies, but the elitists cried, and the conservatives caved in because they were paid off...

real honest form of capitalism and legalism and politicism and social guidance all the way into our 'cages'

No Building Material For You!
By the time the masks go away, most independently owned will be sunk.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I quit Lowes many years ago. Not to be cruel but they hire some of the dumbest people in the gene pool. There's a small privately owned lumber yard in town that has 98% of my needs. I've gotten to know most of the folks there pretty well. I'm not a contractor but stay plenty busy helping family and friends and I always have something going on around my place. Most of the people behind the counter will give me the contractor discount, and the kids in the yard are animals. They run their ass off with a smile, and the Manager (Dave) takes care of them.... Whenever I talk to Dave , He's bitching about L&I and Osha fucken with them nonstop. If I get in a jam I go to the HD

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
yeah spinal,

it bothers the heck out of me,
just do what you are supposed to be there for and leave the rest out of it,

yet, they too are hounded to no end by .gov about this and that,

we have all spoken of it how the corps and .gov are quite a pair shall we say,
their never ending money supply to crush anyone who goes up against them,

that access to capital thingy again,

A $10 Trillion Corporate Debt Bomb Is Waiting to Explode the U.S. Economy

https://www.newsweek.com/coronavirus-corporate-debt-covid-19-bonds-federal-reserve-1521219

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
corp debt.jpg

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
debt to market value

corps are now at 45% of market value or net worth in debt
remembering that this is with massively inflated stock prices/market value

debt to market value.jpg

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
we all know how nike went full woke right?

well their stock just hit all time highs yesterday,

figure that out, go woke, get rich

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Have a freind that is a natural born salesman. Came from the farm. Got a job at Lowes & was in charge of commercial accounts. They paid him a base salary & commission. They told him he was making to much. More than the regional manager. He was let go.

dem b management skilz 4 ya!

Whenever he runs into any of his old accounts most have went somewhere else. Looks like they saved a bundle.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
in the old days , politics and religion were left out of businesses if one wanted to stay in business

wtf happened?

well I will tell you what happened _____________________________________<——— insert favorite reason

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I quit Lowes many years ago. Not to be cruel but they hire some of the dumbest people in the gene pool. There's a small privately owned lumber yard in town that has 98% of my needs. I've gotten to know most of the folks there pretty well. I'm not a contractor but stay plenty busy helping family and friends and I always have something going on around my place. Most of the people behind the counter will give me the contractor discount, and the kids in the yard are animals. They run their ass off with a smile, and the Manager (Dave) takes care of them.... Whenever I talk to Dave , He's bitching about L&I and Osha fucken with them nonstop. If I get in a jam I go to the HD
The local lumber yards are very particular in hiring and they treat their staff very well. With very few exceptions, the whole group will give you what you need and more. The employees always need to remember who is the boss though.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Have a freind that is a natural born salesman. Came from the farm. Got a job at Lowes & was in charge of commercial accounts. They paid him a base salary & commission. They told him he was making to much. More than the regional manager. He was let go.

dem b management skilz 4 ya!

Whenever he runs into any of his old accounts most have went somewhere else. Looks like they saved a bundle.
I hate this mindset. A company should be thrilled at the commissions they pay and should never include a cap.

sales is freakin hard and the person that brings it should get the reward

if it’s a 94/6% split for example, what company doesn’t want 96% of the largest possible number

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Well thanks, Lowes was my go to since Home Depot allowed a gay wedding to happen in their store. And my jackass next door neighbor works there. He has the people skills of a wet cat and not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
Menards is on double secret probation for jacking me on a credit card purchase years ago and they are nazi about masks.
True story. Was in Walmart Saturday and go to leave and this employee stops me and tells me the exit was closed.....due to Covid. So funneling more people through a single exit instead of spreading into two is their answer.
I hate the dang Covid excuse for every little thing.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Well thanks, Lowes was my go to since Home Depot allowed a gay wedding to happen in their store. And my jackass next door neighbor works there. He has the people skills of a wet cat and not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
Menards is on double secret probation for jacking me on a credit card purchase years ago and they are nazi about masks.
True story. Was in Walmart Saturday and go to leave and this employee stops me and tells me the exit was closed.....due to Covid. So funneling more people through a single exit instead of spreading into two is their answer.
I hate the dang Covid excuse for every little thing.
i just watched the video that history student posted “100 greatest lines before the kill” so in the mood.

son, I’m goin through this exit, the only question is whether you’ll be vertical or horizontal when I do.