• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Woketard Oscar Ratings Plummet 58%,

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Nolte: Woketard Oscar Ratings Plummet 58%, First Time Below 10 Million Viewers​

Todd Wawrychuk/A.M.P.A.S. via Getty Images
Todd Wawrychuk/A.M.P.A.S. via Getty Images
JOHN NOLTE26 Apr 20218,588
4:05
“In delayed fast national results just released by Nielsen, the 93rd Academy Awards were watched by a mere 9.85 million, with a dismal rating of 1.9 among the 18-49 demographic,” reports the far-left Deadline.
How dreadful is that? Well, last year’s Oscars used to be the lowest-rated in history, and this is a collapse of 58 percent below that. In the key 25-54 age demo, the collapse was a whopping – this is not a typo – 64 percent.

For comparison, just three years ago, total viewership dropped below 30 million for the first time in the ceremony’s recorded history.
The final numbers will be in later today or tomorrow, but holy cow. Who expected this? I mean, other than absolutely everybody.
The Woketard stink is all over everything related to Hollywood and an overall entertainment industry that has made it stridently clear that its long history of entertaining the masses is over. It is no longer about putting on a good show. Instead, we will be lectured and shamed by elite assholes who think they are too important to sing, dance, and make us laugh.
Who wants to sit through that…? Well, as you can see from Sunday night’s ratings, less than four percent of the country.
What for years had been Hollywood’s most important night, a night where the country came together to gaze at the stars and enjoy a longish but still entertaining show, has now become a chore, homework, a task… The Oscars just aren’t enjoyable anymore, and neither is the product the film industry produces — the movies.
According to numerous reviews of last night’s show – which, like more than 95 percent of America, I did not watch – this overlong disaster opened with a lecture from Regina King and rolled all the way downhill from there.
No thanks.
What did I do last night? I watched a Columbo rerun.
It used to be that celebrities were self-effacing, modest, the butt of the joke… They made fun of themselves, and even though everyone knew it was all an act, we still appreciated it and found it entertaining. Few things are as enjoyable as seeing a Big Star laugh at himself.

Now, these so-called stars are just a cult of pompous, insufferable, blowhards who take themselves oh-so-seriously, even though they have done nothing to earn our admiration or respect. They act as though they are our superiors when we all know they are nothing more than hypocrites and liars who carry a $200,000 gift bag on their laps as they give interviews from the back of a limo about the horrors of wealth distribution and capitalism.
The unearned arrogance is bad enough, but you can also sense just how much Woke Hollywood hates its own audience, how much they all hate everyday people. This hate just pours out of them, every word and look. These idiots might not have much talent, charisma, or smarts, but they do carry an awful lot of hostility.
And that is why we don’t like these people anymore, and why we sure as hell are not going to spend four hours on a Sunday evening suffering at the hands of their ignorance, ingratitude, and pomposity.
Plus, no one saw this year’s Oscar nominees. No one saw any of these movies! The Academy Awards are now the Independent Spirit Awards, an insider-insider ceremony to celebrate small movies that reek of pious self-importance.
Sadly, this ratings disaster will change nothing. Hollywood is lost, lost for the foreseeable future in a wave of that fascist self-importance called woke.
Well, that’s why God invented DVD, so we don’t have to suffer through this crap. Let them go off and celebrate themselves… Let them go off and fool themselves into believing they are stars, when no one knows who they are, or cares to know…
Out here in Real America, if we do tune in, it’s only to point and laugh in-between Columbo episodes.
EntertainmentJohn NolteOscarsratings

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
great news --- the collapse of the oscars/hollywood clowns, the tv sports, the leftist media, etc

need to work on the online hate and lies from same (vipers) - twitter, facebook, google tube, etc

BarnacleBob

Moderator, Equal opportunity annoyer!
Founding Member
Site Mgr
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The CIA and China are employing Hollywood now. Real Americans stopped going to the movies and watching sports because of all the political nonsense.

I disagree, Hollywood, et al, etc. are just producing absolute garbage these days, well not these days, but the past 20+ years... Pure B.S., there is nothing for OSCAR to celebrate!

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The field is ripe for anyone who would be willing to make high quality, clean, politically free entertainment.
Last Man Standing falls into that category (sans the political part) but their lifeline is these same production companies. Somehow the industry as it exists needs to be bypassed.

the_shootist

I identify as already vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The field is ripe for anyone who would be willing to make high quality, clean, politically free entertainment.
Last Man Standing falls into that category (sans the political part) but their lifeline is these same production companies. Somehow the industry as it exists needs to be bypassed.
The same people who own the material also own the communication of their material to the masses. Those people will prevent or otherwise, try to disrupt any competition.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Actually, Hollywood, like other organized-crime syndicates, is exercising its muscle, keeping writers and producers of clean, normal entertainment...OUT.

Andrew Klavan discussed this in detail a few years ago. Before becoming an Internet opinionator, he was a longtime screenplay author and writer of whodunnits and crime-fiction. He'd taken a break, with a Born-Again experience, and then, to hear him tell it, he was inspired to write a fantasy novel, Another Kingdom.

I don't know about the inspiration part. It's suspiciously like Stephen King's The Talisman; but Klavan's book (audiobook of the first part, done for free online) seemed somewhat entertaining. Gritty reality, that of a struggling young screenwriter in Hollywood...meets Medieval fantasy about good, evil and bewitchment.

Klavan's plan was to pitch it to film and cable companies, and either get a made-for-cable miniseries out of it, or a full-length movie. But he found it different: He would do his pitch, or his agent had already done so; and he'd go in, and the executive would offer a few throwaway remarks about how Orange-Man-Bad.

Klavan would nod politely and try to steer the conversation back.

Another bit of Orange-Man-Bad bait would be put out, and a strong "Don't you think!" added to it. Klavan would politely say that he had somewhat different opinions about that, but surely that won't affect production of this novel - there's no politics in it.

The exec's face (most of the ones he pitched to were female) would freeze up and turn hard, and the discussions were quickly over.

So it is. ONLY Woketards may now act in, write, produce, or finance movies. Even sweeping the floor requires political fealty to the Dogma Of The Day, apparently.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
As the ratings and investment collapse these leftist looney attention seeking head cases will start to turn on each other, out each other, incriminate each other. It will be... glorious!

Rumors of high and mighty people like Kathleen Kennedy, who made Star Wars a mess, being ejected quietly from Disney seem more and more true. Kennedy supposedly gained power and kept her job because she knew “where the bodies were buried”, figuratively and literally.

BTW Kennedy is known to be a vindictive little bitch. She is not going quietly into the night.

This is going to get interesting.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I mean they also shut down movie production and showings the entire year. I'm shocked they still had a dumbass ceremony.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Speaking of Star Wars , Mandalorian series on Disney . This young actress spoke up and see where it got her. People get outraged at the truth. She is 100 percent correct.

NEWS

See Gina Carano’s tweets and posts that got her fired from ‘The Mandalorian’​

By Lee Brown
February 11, 2021 | 12:33pm | Updated

Dana White puts UFC, ESPN in middle of Gina Carano controversy
Actress Gina Carano has long embraced the force of speaking her mind — an act that got her booted from Star Wars spinoff “The Mandalorian.”
The former MMA fighter was confirmed on Tuesday to have been kicked off the hit Disney+ show, where she played Cara Dune — with Lucasfilm stressing “there are no plans” for her to ever return.

The Star Wars giant made no secret of why she was canceled, ripping “her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities,” which it called “abhorrent and unacceptable.”
Carano’s most controversial message — and the one that appears to have been the final straw — came when she shared an image from Nazi Germany and compared it to today’s overheated political climate.
“Jews were beaten in the streets, not by Nazi soldiers but by their neighbors…. even by children,” her post stated.
Gina Carano’s Instagram posts comparing being conservative in America to being Jewish during the Holocaust.Instagram
“Because history is edited, most people today don’t realize that to get to the point where Nazi soldiers could easily round up thousands of Jews, the government first made their own neighbors hate them simply for being Jews,” the post said.

SEE ALSO​

1619599962127.gif

‘Mandalorian’ fans want Lucy Lawless to replace Gina Carano

It was deleted by Wednesday — along with another of someone wearing multiple masks with the caption, “Meanwhile in California…,” Variety noted.
She also jumped in on another conspiracy theory, over the suicide of pedophile Jeffrey Epstein, posting Wednesday a square full of letters containing the message, “Jeff Epstein didnt kill himself.”
While Lucasfilm confirmed Wednesday that she was not working on “The Mandalorian,” sources told the Hollywood Reporter that they’d been gunning for her for months.

In fact, it wasn’t the first time that she had caused the hashtag #FireGinaCarano to trend over her outspoken opinions.
One of the first firestorms she sparked online came in September when she addressed the pressure to use trans-friendly pronouns — instead updating her Twitter bio with the words “beep/bop/boop.”
“I’m not against trans lives at all. They need to find less abusive representation,” she wrote in the since-deleted post.
After sparking an uproar online, she clarified that it was “zero to do with mocking trans people” but about “exposing the bullying mentality of the mob that has taken over the voices of many genuine causes.”
Carano has previously peddled conspiracy theories about the election and Jeffrey Epstein’s death.©Disney+/Courtesy Everett Collection
“I want people to know you can take hate with a smile. So BOOP you for misunderstanding,” she wrote at the time with a grinning emoji.
A month before that, she had taken on someone who told her that Black Lives Matter protesters were “trying to educate you so you can get on the right side of history.”

“In my experience, screaming at someone that they are a racist when they are indeed NOT a racist & any post and/or research you do will show you those exact facts, then I’m sorry, these people are not ‘educators.’ They are cowards and bullies,” she wrote in a reply shared by Vanity Fair.
She also went over mask-wearing and leftist leaders in a post of a mocking “breaking news” alert — and showing two men with masks over their eyes rather than their mouths.
Lucasfilm added “there are no plans” for her to ever return to the series.©Disney+/Courtesy Everett Collection
“Democratic Government leaders now recommend we all wear blindfolds along with masks so we can’t see what’s really going on,” the November tweet read.
She also joined calls to “open up your businesses & churches” because “people are dropping like flies from depression and suicide, overdoses, MURDER.”
“I haven’t even been to church in over a decade but I sure would go now,” she wrote.
In early November, she also posted about the need to “fix the system” amid early claims that the election was rigged against President Donald Trump.

“We need to clean up the election process so we are not left feeling the way we do today,” she wrote.
“Put laws in place that protect us against voter fraud. Investigate every state. Film the counting. Flush out the fake votes. Require ID. Make Voter Fraud end in 2020. Fix the system,” she wrote in a message retweeted more than 5,000 times.
Carano had previously addressed cancel culture and harassment to conform in previous posts. One noted that society told you to “be yourself” — quickly adding, “No. Not like that.”
Gina Carano, among other posts, shared an image from Nazi Germany and compared it to today’s overheated political climate.WireImage
She also made clear her drive to be outspoken in a post quoting author T.B. Laberge.

If you are silent about your beliefs because you are worried someone will be offended, then your beliefs are not that important to you but rather what people think about you is,” she posted.
“What people see about you will speak more loudly than how people feel about you, because in the end, when we stand up for what is right and true, we will have many who hate us or love us but all will know what we are fighting for.”

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Well, anyways, I haven't seen a "new movie" in a couple of years that was worth watching...
I've downloaded most of them, watched 2mn then deleted...
Hollywood is REALLY "in the dumpster"...

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Well, anyways, I haven't seen a "new movie" in a couple of years that was worth watching...
I've downloaded most of them, watched 2mn then deleted...
Hollywood is REALLY "in the dumpster"...
Its more than just the stupid political stuff. One is the CG technology. They now simply do not care about a decent story and almost totally relay on special effects instead of a plot. Another thing that concerns me is the fast pace of the children's movies. Compare old cartoons we watched to modern shows and the pace is lightning quick. The kids do not even have the attention span for old time entertainment.

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score
Rogue One was good. The rest suck.

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I’ve been intrigued by the newest “normal, average family guy with special hidden skills gets even with people who pissed him off movie,” called ‘Nobody.’ Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul) is kind of an unlikely ex-badass dude, but in the trailers, seems to actually pull it off. There’s a lot of buzz over it, everywhere. But, I’ve thought it over and decided really, it’s exploitation of a genre that has been way over worked: ‘Taken,’ ‘John Wick,’ ‘The Equalizer,’ ‘History of Violence,’ just to name a few. I think they know that people are fed up with their socio-political bull crap and the year long lock downs and closed theaters and they want to just draw people back in, so they make yet another of these average guy turns into a lethal killer movies to try to jump start their failing industry. To hell with them, though. I’ve decided to skip this one. The whole industry is dead to me.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The same people who own the material also own the communication of their material to the masses. Those people will prevent or otherwise, try to disrupt any competition.
I got dinged by this paradigm. My historical novel, "The Cadet -- The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century" was going to be made into a miniseries.

We were all into the short-strokes when some broad had the budget thrown to Hellboy. Which totally fargin bombed.

You might imagine I was really disappointed with the narrow thinking of the movers and shakers out there. They put up a fucking comic book !!! instead of a story that is now running 87% at making readers cry -- both for happy and for sad -- while giving them a fascinating look at life in the 1600's in both Europe and America.

Hellboy. <-- Lost their asses on it.

Waitaminnit: I ain't done yet. 562 pages.

This, below, is the WORST review from a reader of The Cadet. Only 4 stars (and the ONLY 4-star review, BTW) -- all the rest were five stars:

"I read a lot of books in a variety of genres but never one that fit this particular timeline. It starts in the old world with a young man starting his life and then moves into the new world where he grows from a young man to the patriarch of an esteemed family.

It is written at an enjoyable pace, laid out more like a collection of historical short stories. More like a weekly tv show than a very long movie. It is a book that you could pick up, read a chapter, get to a conclusion, and put it down for the evening without any cliff hangers keeping you from getting to sleep.

I'll have my kid read it when he gets a bit older."

Last edited:

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I got dinged by this paradigm. My historical novel, "The Cadet -- The Adventures of a New World Pioneer in the 17th Century" was going to be made into a miniseries.

We were all into the short-strokes when some broad had the budget thrown to Hellboy. Which totally fargin bombed.

You might imagine I was really disappointed with the narrow thinking of the movers and shakers out there. They put up a fucking comic book !!! instead of a story that is now running 87% at making readers cry -- both for happy and for sad -- while giving them a fascinating look at life in the 1600's in both Europe and America.

Hellboy. <-- Lost their asses on it.

Waitaminnit: I ain't done yet. 562 pages.

This, below, is the WORST review from a reader of The Cadet. Only 4 stars (and the ONLY 4-star review, BTW) -- all the rest were five stars:

"I read a lot of books in a variety of genres but never one that fit this particular timeline. It starts in the old world with a young man starting his life and then moves into the new world where he grows from a young man to the patriarch of an esteemed family.

It is written at an enjoyable pace, laid out more like a collection of historical short stories. More like a weekly tv show than a very long movie. It is a book that you could pick up, read a chapter, get to a conclusion, and put it down for the evening without any cliff hangers keeping you from getting to sleep.

I'll have my kid read it when he gets a bit older."
Get woke, go broke y'all!

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yabbut -- If you can believe me, I really just wanted folks to know the story. They coulda produced it without even paying me.

Hellfire -- "The Cadet" made ME cry writing it. (Shades of Kathleen Turner and "Romancing The Stone" intro.)

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Woke Hollywood going the way of Woke Professional Sports...
You reap what you sow...

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
Woke Hollywood going the way of Woke Professional Sports...
You reap what you sow...
I'll certainly enjoy watching them crash and burn, one pathetic soulless tranny at a time. Those creeps will explode like big money Chinese fireworks when their world finally collapses. Imagine the fun we'll have then!!

Last edited:

MrLucky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score

DodgebyDave

Metal Messiah
Midas Member
Reaction score

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

the_shootist

Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
I don't like all the new Star Wars - or the "re-editing" of the first 3.... I found the ORIGINAL first 3 on ThePirateBay....
The last several Star Wars were political and social justice nightmares. Hollywood has more sequels than herpes because they have no real imagination left there. All the creative talent that used to be in the entertainment world have either died off or have been bastardized and cast out for not conforming to the new 'political global transformation'

Buck

Trying Something Different!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Compare old cartoons we watched to modern shows and the pace is lightning quick. The kids do not even have the attention span for old time entertainment.

it's a 'cycle of time', there is a set 'amount of time' the brain needs to function, to 'relate' to what the other senses are taking in and if that cycle is sped-up, all the brain gets to do is 'Intake', there isn't the time to reconcile or to even to relate the images / information being taken in...it just becomes a sponge

I’ve been intrigued by the newest “normal, average family guy with special hidden skills gets even with people who pissed him off movie,” called ‘Nobody.’ Bob Odenkirk (Better Call Saul) is kind of an unlikely ex-badass dude, but in the trailers, seems to actually pull it off. There’s a lot of buzz over it, everywhere. But, I’ve thought it over and decided really, it’s exploitation of a genre that has been way over worked: ‘Taken,’ ‘John Wick,’ ‘The Equalizer,’ ‘History of Violence,’ just to name a few. I think they know that people are fed up with their socio-political bull crap and the year long lock downs and closed theaters and they want to just draw people back in, so they make yet another of these average guy turns into a lethal killer movies to try to jump start their failing industry. To hell with them, though. I’ve decided to skip this one. The whole industry is dead to me.

and these movies fit that narrative "Poke With A Stick"

like the message: "Come On People, Riot Already"

and when any of the sheep riot, the sheep end up in the pen

it's a way to get us to fail...'all on our own'

PhucilliJerry

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Many years ago I switched from watching sports/TV/movies to watching things that actually interested me like videos on hiking, backpacking, kayaking, fishing, bushcraft, self sufficiency, health, etc......

CrimsonGuardJay

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
As the ratings and investment collapse these leftist looney attention seeking head cases will start to turn on each other, out each other, incriminate each other. It will be... glorious!

Rumors of high and mighty people like Kathleen Kennedy, who made Star Wars a mess, being ejected quietly from Disney seem more and more true. Kennedy supposedly gained power and kept her job because she knew “where the bodies were buried”, figuratively and literally.

BTW Kennedy is known to be a vindictive little bitch. She is not going quietly into the night.

This is going to get interesting.
That bitch ruined star wars with her woke leftard bullshit. Almost nothing star wars after the disney acquisition is worth a look, in any way, except mandalorian, because she was taken off the brand entirely.