• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Woman From Oz Killed By Cops After Calling 911

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The deal requires the family to donate $2 million of its settlement to the Minneapolis Foundation's Fund for Safe Communities, a program set up to fight gun violence in the city, Frey said
Minneapolis just can't stop being stupid fucking fucks in spite of itself.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Khadija Ali
is a successful entrepreneur in the language services, staffing and cultural competence industries, and she has become a leader in creating opportunities for immigrant communities. Born in Somalia....

https://www.minneapolisfoundation.org/the-minneapolis-foundation-names-new-chair-three-trustees/

Could someone explain what a cultural competence industry is & how it helps to stop somali cops from shooting chicks in night gowns?
I mean, like here's a fucking check for 2million, don't spend it all in one place.

EricTheCat

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Should we add it to the shithole list?
I can tell you it's a place I avoid when possible unless I'm doing something that requires it. There are some cool parts, not a bad music scene for the size of the city. Politically, it's a shithole and so the redeeming qualities get out shined more and more as time progresses.

https://www.minneapolisfoundation.org/the-minneapolis-foundation-names-new-chair-three-trustees/
Could someone explain what a cultural competence industry is & how it helps to stop somali cops from shooting chicks in night gowns?
I mean, like here's a fucking check for 2million, don't spend it all in one place.
I couldn't tell you. This $2M seems shady as hell to me. Guessing someone greased some palms to make that happen.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
"Minneapolis TAX PAYERS GET FLEECED FOR 20 million in death of Justine Ruszczyk Damond "

Fixed it for ya......

Diversity has a cost!
Don't feel diversity played a part here. More like a poorly trained, trigger happy nut job who wanted to play cop getting his wish.

I wonder if Noor will have to pay anything outta his pocket? Probably not.

But if a good portion of the money were to be taken out of the police department's collective pension fund shit like this wouldn't happen too often.

Once a group of people find out that bad behavior by one of their own would be costly to all I think they would go to great lengths to see it didn't happen. Maybe tightening up their recruiting, hiring and training practices. Weeding out loons during their probationary period. Getting rid of people who constantly get complaints against them. Just operating like a regular business does when it comes to problem employees could go a long way in ending these sort of incidents.

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Don't feel diversity played a part here.
That's how he got on the force in the first place.

Once a group of people find out that bad behavior by one of their own would be costly to all I think they would go to great lengths to see it didn't happen.
Or it could go the other way. Ie: they go to great lengths to make sure you don't find out about it when that bad behavior does happen. Remember, they are imperfect humans too and how often have we seen evidence of them having protected their own that committed bad behavior?

Maybe tightening up their recruiting, hiring and training practices.
He was a product of loosening those practices in order to have a more diverse police force.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
That's how he got on the force in the first place.
In his case …………….yeah.

He was a product of loosening those practices in order to have a more diverse police force.
Can't say yea or nay. No clue if this is actually the case.

Remember, they are imperfect humans too and how often have we seen evidence of them having protected their own that committed bad behavior?
Quite often. Some prime examples can be found here:

Police Issues, News & Views

Badged Serial Killers: The Growing Murder Culture Of Cops

Joe King

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Can't say yea or nay. No clue if this is actually the case.
C'mon, aren't you the "searcher?

5 seconds with google got me this.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/...-took-unconventional-path-to-becoming-officer

Minneapolis' cadet training program has accepted Noor......without formal law enforcement education.

Minneapolis wanted him so bad, they paid the $2400 for him to take law enforcement academic courses.
Edited to add: courses that you or I would be expected to pay for ourselves or have already taken prior to applying to the force. Why shouldn't everyone applying for a given position on the force be expected to meet the same standards as everyone else applying for that position?

It's all about diversity, Search. They want more people on the force who look like increasing numbers of the public, but oftentimes (and for whatever reason) can't seem to meet the same standards as everyone else is expected to meet, so the standards get lowered for certain groups of people.
...and then the public ends up paying the price.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Why shouldn't everyone applying for a given position on the force be expected to meet the same standards as everyone else applying for that position?
They should with no exceptions.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
You can thank member michael59 for this one.

Minneapolis officer's attorneys seek no prison for shooting

AP
Published 1 hour ago Fox News

MINNEAPOLIS – Attorneys for the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of fatally shooting an unarmed woman in 2017 plan to ask a sentencing judge for no prison time.

If that's not granted, they're seeking less prison time than state sentencing guidelines recommend.

Mohamed Noor's lawyers filed a motion Thursday asking for a "dispositional departure" when he is sentenced June 7. He was convicted of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Justine Ruszczyk Damond, a dual citizen of the U.S. and Australia. She had called 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her house.

"The Grounds (sic) for the dispositional departure are his particular amenability to probation, cooperation, attitude in court and remorse," Noor's attorneys argued in the motion.

As for his cooperation, Noor "provided a DNA sample, turned himself in, abided by conditions of his release and was never late for court," defense attorney Peter Wold said Friday.

Wold said Noor did not speak with investigators about the shooting upon the advice of his attorneys.

Minnesota sentencing guidelines call for up to 15 years on the murder conviction and nearly five years on the manslaughter conviction, although judges aren't bound by the guidelines.

Noor and his partner were rolling down the alley behind Damond's home and checking out the 911 call just before the shooting. Noor testified that a loud bang on the squad car scared his partner and that he saw a woman raising her arm appear at his partner's window. He said he fired to protect his partner's life.

Prosecutors attacked Noor for shooting without seeing a weapon or Damond's hands. They also questioned whether the loud bang was real. Neither Noor nor his partner, Matthew Harrity, mentioned it to investigators at the scene, with Harrity first mentioning it three days later in an interview with state investigators.

The death of Damond, a life coach who was engaged to be married a month after the shooting, sparked outrage in both the U.S. and Australia. It also cost Minneapolis' police chief her job and contributed to the electoral defeat of the city's mayor a few months later.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-officers-attorneys-seek-no-prison-for-shooting

michael59

heads up-butts down
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You can thank member michael59 for this one.

Minneapolis officer's attorneys seek no prison for shooting

AP
Published 1 hour ago Fox News

MINNEAPOLIS – Attorneys for the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of fatally shooting an unarmed woman in 2017 plan to ask a sentencing judge for no prison time.

If that's not granted, they're seeking less prison time than state sentencing guidelines recommend.

Mohamed Noor's lawyers filed a motion Thursday asking for a "dispositional departure" when he is sentenced June 7. He was convicted of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter in the fatal shooting of Justine Ruszczyk Damond, a dual citizen of the U.S. and Australia. She had called 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her house.

"The Grounds (sic) for the dispositional departure are his particular amenability to probation, cooperation, attitude in court and remorse," Noor's attorneys argued in the motion.

As for his cooperation, Noor "provided a DNA sample, turned himself in, abided by conditions of his release and was never late for court," defense attorney Peter Wold said Friday.

Wold said Noor did not speak with investigators about the shooting upon the advice of his attorneys.

Minnesota sentencing guidelines call for up to 15 years on the murder conviction and nearly five years on the manslaughter conviction, although judges aren't bound by the guidelines.

Noor and his partner were rolling down the alley behind Damond's home and checking out the 911 call just before the shooting. Noor testified that a loud bang on the squad car scared his partner and that he saw a woman raising her arm appear at his partner's window. He said he fired to protect his partner's life.

Prosecutors attacked Noor for shooting without seeing a weapon or Damond's hands. They also questioned whether the loud bang was real. Neither Noor nor his partner, Matthew Harrity, mentioned it to investigators at the scene, with Harrity first mentioning it three days later in an interview with state investigators.

The death of Damond, a life coach who was engaged to be married a month after the shooting, sparked outrage in both the U.S. and Australia. It also cost Minneapolis' police chief her job and contributed to the electoral defeat of the city's mayor a few months later.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-officers-attorneys-seek-no-prison-for-shooting
Bud, U are 2 cool. I could not find this thread but eye knew that you incepted it. I should post my reply in the pm but that is between me and you. Thing is most people and even most people who post here at GIM2 have forgotten about this girl getting killed by those who protect and serve. Suks being correct as the memory is never allowed to dissipate.

Agavegirl1

Silver Miner
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Michael, I haven’t forgotten as it is my local news in western WI but I am falling down on the job so...Kudos.