• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Workers quit their jobs at a record-high rate at the end of the summer

Treasure Searcher

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Hmm… how much of this is people quitting their job and working for

Hmm… how much of this is people quitting their job and working for Uber?

Went to a car wash yesterday, to see if they would detail the inside of the cab of my 4WD pickup. Older lady quoted me $25.00 to clean out my
pickup, armor all dash, etc.

Lady that gave me the quote and does the detailing is a former 30 year Registered Nurse.

Never know what second career people go into.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
As for why they quit, I think this guy is on to something.

The August JOLTS report showed a new record in the number of people quitting their jobs. Many economists are left scratching their heads at this, especially considering how long it has been since government assistance has come to an end. It seems the real reason might be something that has been brewing and building for a long time, and may be the beginning of a trend set to undo many years of employment harm.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Went to a car wash yesterday, to see if they would detail the inside of the cab of my 4WD pickup. Older lady quoted me $25.00 to clean out my

Lady that gave me the quote and does the detailing is a former 30 year Registered Nurse.

She may have socked some away.

I went from a six-figure income on the railroad, to driving Uber. I could live on $12k and I did, for two years.

I had to make a few dips into the stacks, but not terribly deep.

Scorpio

для продажи слегка подержанный
Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

The August JOLTS report showed a new record in the number of people quitting their jobs. Many economists are left scratching their heads at this, especially considering how long it has been since government assistance has come to an end. It seems the real reason might be something that has been brewing and building for a long time, and may be the beginning of a trend set to undo many years of employment harm.

he kind of states they are having a Aha moment, so quitting and going somewhere else,

but again, this completely negates what is really going on. If that were true, labor participation would be flat at minimum and rising if ultimately true. Fact is, LP is declining, and now about 61.1%. A massively bad number. With his supposed argument, leaving a job for another, the rate would be flat.

tramp actually stopped the bleeding while he was in after the kenyan, and since it is deteriorating yet again with hidin' in

the kenyan actually manned the con to the tune of about 3 full points or about 9.6M persons less in labor participation

laobr.jpg

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
With his supposed argument, leaving a job for another, the rate would be flat.
I don't believe he's saying that's the only thing driving it, just that it might be the reason the numbers are so much higher than normal right now.

LP is declining, and now about 61.
Is 61.6 really a big deal? I'm kinda thinking it's not, because the average since just after WW2 until last year has only been 62.85

Also, it's up for the year. Not by much, but the chart year by year, the rate goes up and down on the Monthly all the time, regardless of whether it's on a long term uptrend or downtrend.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/CIVPART

Another thing is immigration. Both kinds.
How many have come in who are of working age, but have few to no skills and are so far unemployed? Are they added into the number of all possible workers? I'm kinda thinkin' they are.

If so, I would think that would skew the numbers to the negative. I've heard we've been importing an amount equal to the population of Chattanooga Tn every Month for awhile now, and it only takes a few hundred thousand people one way or the other getting hired/fired/quitting to make or break a Monthly jobs report.
....but who knows? Without firm data we're all just speculating.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
.but who knows? Without firm data we're all just speculating.

that is for sure, as we really have no idea what is in any of their numbers

if you want to call 9.6M persons not material, by all means, go ahead on,
but that is a whole lot of taxpayers where .gov is not getting the weekly/biweekly feed off
(the difference between a 66% and a 63% under the kenyan)

and now with hidin' it is down already over a full point or another few million workers. So we are talking a net of 12-13M at this point.

and again if you look at the chart I posted, it clearly shows while the kenyan was in with the giveaways, participation was moving down big, while tramp actually got people to work again and stabilized it to up, and now down we go again

the economics of the country do not survive a plummeting WPR.

but I have not compared the boomer retirements over the period vs replacements, of which immigration plays a part in as well as the succeeding generations.

all those job openings, filled with a higher part rate

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
regarding .gov revenue off those missing persons,

say it is 12M missing, and they make 40k a year,
that is missing wages of $9.23B per WEEK

The combined total deductions for SS and Medi is 15.3%

so per week, .gov is not getting over $1.4B in revenue to apply to the SS and Medi funds
or about $73.4B per year (enough to pay off 3M retirees at 2 grand a month)

to me, that is a big deal even if you cut it in half and say they would only make 1/2 of what was stated

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
if you want to call 9.6M persons not material, by all means, go ahead on,
but that is a whole lot of taxpayers where .gov is not getting the weekly/biweekly feed off
The 9.6m is the total lost since the start of the wuflu, but it's recovered more than half of that back.
....and I thought the issue in this thread was the number of workers that quit in August?

Nearly 4.3 million workers voluntarily left their jobs in August, according to the Labor Department’s latest JOLTS report,

4.3m may have quit, but the actual number of active workers in the labor force only dropped by a little more than 200,000 from August to September. (161,537,000 in Aug down to 161,354,000 in Sept)

So the bulk of those quitting had to go work somewhere else, otherwise wouldn't the labor force numbers have dropped by 4.6m instead of just ~200,000?

Last edited:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
that is not correct at all,
none of that

the numbers were taken from charts

the conversation was about LP, or WPR,

as for thread drift, so what,

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
the conversation was about LP, or WPR,
Right, and in actual numbers on the chart I'm lookin' at, shows only about 200k fewer workers in Sept than in Aug.

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, it just seems like a big nothing burger.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I said the kenyan was directly responsible for a net loss of 3points in WPR worker participation rate
with me so far?

320M slaves in the us of friggin a restimate (rough estimate), x 3% = 9.6M lost or out of workplace

still with me?

I said hidin' was responsible for another full point loss in WPR, if 3% = 9.6M, then 1% is greater than another 3M

so you have minimum 12M out, and the range was up to 14M

envelope calcs, my bad, but you get the point

those 2 dimwits are responsible for over 12M people out of the workforce using the .gov WPR rate

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
those 2 dimwits are responsible for over 12M people out of the workforce using the .gov WPR rate
I don't know where they went, but if they aren't working, they must be able to afford not to.

As for the recent Month's numbers, I still think it's a non issue.

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
just making a bigger point, as someone pointed out above that it was a weary discussion to talk of such things,

when point of fact is, from the chart attached, it clearly shows with bush II, it was relatively stable, enter the kenyan, boom to the down, then tramp and it stabilized to up, then enter hidin' and again boom to the down

liberal policies disincentive worker participation, going back to the original comment and discussion
about persons not wanting to work, giveaways, etc.

he stated I didn't 'get it', and he wasn't surprised,

1.jpg

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
when point of fact is, from the chart attached, it clearly shows with bush II, it was relatively stable,
He also started his term with the LPR at the historical all-time high.

When things are already at all-time highs, doesn't it stand to reason that the next trend will likely be to the down?

liberal policies disincentive worker participation
Absolutely agree.
....and we already know that the obozo/hag/bidet plan was/is for a declining America.

about persons not wanting to work,
Who wants to, that could afford not to?

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
here is a further look back,

all the way back, to prior both persons in the household heading off to the .corp slave train,
prior to the selling of the amerikan dream of consumption, and buy on payments,

you can see the WPR was 58-60%
we currently are approaching that upper zone of that period,

think of all the women you know that are in the workforce, begging the question, who is not?

is it retirees, is it able bodied males, or ?

at that time, the mostly males were paying for everything, whether .gov or wars or ? Then today we have all these women in the workforce, and yet $2T annual deficits,

then who are these women in the workforce replacing to maintain the WPR where it is

labor.jpg

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
boomer range 1946-1964 so they say

46 + 62 + 2008

beginning of boomer retires

1955 + 62 = 2017 midpoint of age group

end of their retires

1964 + 62 = 2026 (but we all know they changed the game and those aren't eligible until at least 2031)

the chart of WPR matches up just fine with boomer retirement period,
but that is assuming no replacements,
in addition to the number of women in the workplace

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The new American dream, quit your jobs and live off the state comrades! You'll love it!

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

My wife is a nurse. On my street there are two different women who were RNs for some period of time. Both quit long ago, told my wife they couldn't stand the job, in each case. Neither was even close to retirement.

As for this participation rate, certainly in those numbers are some women who no longer work because children and school.
Many have children that can't sit at home alone and do computer distance learning. Perhaps they quit when school started back up?

There is a woman who is retired that moved in kiddycorner from my house. She put in a above ground pool and a trampoline. I don't know her, but I cannot help but observe what is going on. Basically, when the local schools were closed or out, children appeared that I assume were her grandchildren. I assume that because on some weekends the children and the parents are there having bbq etc. I guess about 5 kids, grade school age.
Now think about that. If she passed away or got injured where she couldn't watch those children, the mothers might have to quit work to take care of them. See where I am going?

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The new American dream, quit your jobs and live off the state comrades! You'll love it!

Your dream, my reality. Thanks taxpayers! It is really appreciated.
I would thank you all individually but I am busy cracking corn.

mo0000000000!

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

The is also a faction of folks the under LETS GO BRANDON's threat of No Jab Juice = No Job that just say "F' It. If you are going to fire me, I quit".
They are not thinking it through. Most do it due to emotions to the threat.

gringott

"Internet Moofluencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Goldbrix, I agree.

Of course at some point my wife will be forced to take the jab.
We have discussed it, and I thought the best thing was to refuse the jab and make them fire her.

She is over 20 years, so at the correct age she can draw retirement. No too far off actually.
If the system recovers somehow, reason and rule of law come back, she will have an excellent case for a class action lawsuit.
If not, she is still alive.

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Anyone with any clarity in what's going on these days with vaccine mandates would be disingenuous if they claimed they're baffled as to why so many people are quitting their jobs. The answer is simple...they choose life over death!

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought this was an interesting read.
Yea, I know, it's Slate, but give it a chance. Lol

It's about the recent phenomenon of prospective new hires and actual new hires "ghosting" employers.

In today’s topsy-turvy job market, a strange new thing is happening. Employers are increasingly grumbling about job seekers “ghosting” them. These job candidates just don’t show up for their scheduled interviews. And in some cases, new hires accept a job only to disappear.

What I think it is, is people are getting a better job offer and are simply blowing off the employer they see as offering the lower quality job.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Costco just announced that starting next week, minimum wage at their facilities will be $17 an hour.

Won't be long and that $15 living wage mantra will sound quaint.
unfortunately, they'll be paying higher taxes on that income coupled with higher fuel costs for their transportation needs to / from work, spend more on lunch everyday, pay a higher cost for replacement work clothes / boots, quite literally i did some simple math today that indicated to me i lose approx 1 - 1.5 days (approx low / high), 8 to 12 hours worth of pay, per week, JUST to maintain the basic costs associated with working for approx $20 per hour

that's for a job located within 10 miles of my homestead

stop buying stuff and you'll discover you can live for a whole lot less than what you're doing now
(most here already approach life with this in mind)

and, consider my math is Net Consumer Payout from Gross Labor Income

quite literally, no one can 'move forward' with a 'game' played against them such as this...

Silvestor

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe more people have died during the last 18 months than previously thought. Perhaps it is a combination of increased deaths from Rona and vaccines added to people abandoning thankless soul-crushing employers.

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Maybe more people have died during the last 18 months than previously thought. Perhaps it is a combination of increased deaths from Rona and vaccines added to people abandoning thankless soul-crushing employers.
At first it was the older retired people. Now it is hitting the working age.
Jabbing kids & declining birth rates seem to have population decline on target.

Before this started 2/3rds were broke.
With 20% inflation soon the workers will be broke in 5 years
Then another 5 years & savings will be gone.
Between population reduction, reduced birth rates, lower education workers & blackrock buying up everything at fire sale prices when no one has any assets or money......... by 2030 it will be a whole new world.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It's about the recent phenomenon of prospective new hires and actual new hires "ghosting" employers.
It has a lot to do with the fact that unemployment and other benefits are too generous. And in order to maintain those benefits, most states require the beneficiary of those benefits to do a cursory job search. The prospect of an actual job is a speed bump for a benefit farmer.

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Anyone with any clarity in what's going on these days with vaccine mandates would be disingenuous if they claimed they're baffled as to why so many people are quitting their jobs. The answer is simple...they choose life over death!

you won't hear that on the nightly news.

.41Dave

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
It has a lot to do with the fact that unemployment and other benefits are too generous. And in order to maintain those benefits, most states require the beneficiary of those benefits to do a cursory job search. The prospect of an actual job is a speed bump for a benefit farmer.

I used to think that, and it may be a small factor. But I think there is something else going on. Last month my employer posted a senior analyst position, a job that pays between $80k to $140k. We used to get 200 to 400 or more applications for these types of postings. For that one we got six. Then we posted another senior analyst position two weeks ago. This time so far we have gotten ZERO applicants.

This is for a 100% remote work job, with high pay. No jab required unless you're in a state that requires it for healthcare workers, but no one is applying. Saying it's just lazy millennials riding the UI gravy train is too pat an answer, especially since most of the added bennies have expired.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Realize many of the inner city "job fair's" are to teach people how to milk the system and take advantage of every program & become even more dependent on .gov.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I used to think that, and it may be a small factor. But I think there is something else going on. Last month my employer posted a senior analyst position, a job that pays between $80k to $140k. We used to get 200 to 400 or more applications for these types of postings. For that one we got six. Then we posted another senior analyst position two weeks ago. This time so far we have gotten ZERO applicants.

This is for a 100% remote work job, with high pay. No jab required unless you're in a state that requires it for healthcare workers, but no one is applying. Saying it's just lazy millennials riding the UI gravy train is too pat an answer, especially since most of the added bennies have expired.
Is that another way to say social majors are not qualified. They gots the debts but not the marketable skillz?

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some 50% of NYFD and 25% of NYPD are done today. Could be an interesting weekend.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Some 50% of NYFD and 25% of NYPD are done today. Could be an interesting weekend.
You mean like hunting season begins? :hunt::drive by::tex::fire::hang::winks2:

Scorpio

Founding Member
Board Elder
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

The Great Blue-Collar Resignation: Low-wage workers lead labor turmoil​

Denitsa Tsekova
·Reporter
Fri, October 29, 2021, 2:36 PM

Blue-collar workers are fed up with their jobs — the waiters and retail clerks, hotel cleaners, bus boys, and valets.
They're the ones leading the Great Resignation and the ones refusing to go back to work — even without generous unemployment benefits that expired in September.
Their defiance comes as their old employers beg for workers, creating an opening for better pay and potentially an entree into a new profession altogether.
“There’s a smaller pool of available job seekers right now, so employers are competing more for them,” Nick Bunker, director of research at Indeed, told Yahoo Money. “They have shifted towards the workers they know are more likely to take a job right now.”

the_shootist

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
The inner cities will be affected the most. That makes me smile!

Stop Making Cents

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Once upon a time, companies would hire workers and then TRAIN them. But once the corporate thieves figured out they could force kids to pay for their own training (and commit to a lifetime of debt), the corporate training stopped. All to save a buck for Evil Corp. Now, you are expected to have a degree in a specific field of study, plus experience to qualify for any decent jobs. And you better be a minority or sexual deviant.

Perhaps, and this is wishful thinking, but maybe just maybe the corporate scum will thaw their frozen hearts and begin training workers from scratch once again and giving them a chance.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It’s a very shallow meme to say “people today don’t want to work,” and “take away the freebies, THEN they’ll come back to work!”

A worn, overused, and simplistic meme, and I’ve grown weary of seeing it.

The reality of the situation requires thinking about human beings and their motives, more deeply. But that doesn’t fit into the text box on American social media websites, so nobody bothers.

People are quitting for more reasons than can be concisely listed, here - my post would go on for seven pages.

But one example is stay-at-home parents. During lockdown almost all daycare enterprises were forced by state governments to close, and as a result many ot these went bankrupt. Schools were, of course, also shuttered. In response, many families decided to have one parent reduce work hours, or work from home, or leave the job market entirely, to stay at home and supervise the children all week.

Fast forward to reopening, and there were far fewer daycare facilities left operating. Those that did reopen incurred higher operating costs owing to new government regulations and rules concerning capacity, distancing, disinfection of facilities, masks and PPE, and so on. Correspondingly, prices for daycare services also rose, with many families concluding that their children would be better served with a parent at home full-time, then to return to work only to see a greater percentage of their take home pay devoured by higher child care costs. It is estimated that 5 million Americans in the labor force chose not to return to work for this reason, alone (Source: Dr. Marc Faber, BoomGloomDoom Report, 1 Oct 21).

Apart from financial considerations, there were other factors influencing Americans‘ decision to not return to work or to quit working that had nothing to do with “freebies” or “gibs.” Many parents felt that their interpersonal relationships with their children improved, dramatically, when one parent was always at home, physically present, and emotionally available for them. They concluded that they wanted this to continue.

Other reasons people are leaving/quitting - apart from non-compliance with vaccine mandates - include, but are not limited to:

> realizing that cubicle life in an office somewhere is a spirit-destroying and empty endeavor that only serves to further enrich faceless, soulless TBTF banks, corporations, and the government tax collector (at every level).

> realizing - if you are white - that your labor and creativity contributes to a failed system that hates you, openly demonizes your very existence, and wants you dead. CRT, Affirmative Action, and all of the other government and corporate racial/ethnic/religious/gender/sexual preference set asides ensure that straight whites will permanently remain at the very bottom rung of society, even as an endless stream of MSM agitprop stirs “people of color” to openly abuse them, free of consequences.

> realizing - if you are young - that the future to which you aspired is no longer attainable, no matter how many hours you put in, how hard you work, or how much you save/invest. The ladders of upward mobility were all exported abroad long ago, in the process transforming the US into an increasingly two-tier, feudal society. Mind-bending levels of unpayable public and private debt, endless money printing, a broken and dysfunctional justice system, and undefended, wide open borders with limitless migration-invasion guarantee that the financial opportunity to form your own, independent household, to marry and to raise children of your own, does not exist, and will not exist.

tl;dr people are choosing to enjoy however many years they have under the sun with their loved ones - even if it means being poor and destitute - instead of throwing away their years on this Earth toiling for a lifeless corporate culture in what is clearly a collapsing country.
That's a lot of words but ya never said who's paying the bills.

Casey Jones

Train left the station...
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Once upon a time, companies would hire workers and then TRAIN them. But once the corporate thieves figured out they could force kids to pay for their own training (and commit to a lifetime of debt), the corporate training stopped. All to save a buck for Evil Corp. Now, you are expected to have a degree in a specific field of study, plus experience to qualify for any decent jobs. And you better be a minority or sexual deviant.

Perhaps, and this is wishful thinking, but maybe just maybe the corporate scum will thaw their frozen hearts and begin training workers from scratch once again and giving them a chance.
It's not aggressive Mister-Big evil, but mis-instruction.

Who are corporate mid-level managers? Why...KOLEDGE GRAJUATES! They went to the same damn schools that today's Woketards are coming out of.

They were programmed - wrongly. They were misinformed. They were shown a model of how to cut costs, by not training their workforce...and thought it would be good for the bottom line.

And for a time, it was. Then it led to government spending (on training programs and student loans) and a workforce that came in, in debt, angry, confused, because the real world is never like the classroom. Now these junior employees show the same loyalty that management showed a willingness to invest in people.

None.

Cry me a river. This all, is what happens when morality, a structure of right, wrong, and honor, are jettisoned. What happens when the professoriate and intellectual eggheads take the place of centuries-old standards and codes.