• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

workin man

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
1660764347658.png

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
I've not worked concrete often but when there were floors poured it made a late, drunken night.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Here it is half-past noon-time, and I have been on the fargin job for 7 hours awreddy.

Hadda drill and set concrete stubs in and mount a 150' garden hose wrap-em-up thingy on the side of the Chateau. Got the stinkin' monster hose un-knotted finally and installed. Then I hosed and scrubbed the front porch. Peacock poop and gorgeous little feathers the belong as earrings all over.

Next was a trip to Ace Hardware for a toilet handle arm replacement, a chain, and a new rubber flapper thingy. Got them installed. Turns out the handle arm thingy came with a chain. Too bad. I ain't bringing the extra one back.

That brought me to the blue 55-gal water drum. Hadda get it out from under everything and drag it outa the garage to clean it. I noticed that the pump hose that you stick down into the barrel was way too short (I probably used parts of it over the years for other needs) so here comes Ace Hardware again. Got back and got the pump hose assembly fixed; put my three Tbsp of bleach into the drum, adding water using my sanitary drinking water hose until the drum was full.

Now I have 55 gallons of drinking water available. YAY!

Hadda go on the 55-gal drum route because my WaterBOB finally died as I was filling it in a bathtub this morning <-- the decades old plastic busted, making a tubful of wasted water. Shitdamnhellpisspoopbitchturdfartbubble. Liked to give me a hemmorhoid trying to get the fargin water out through the fargin rip so I could get the fargin plastic relic into the garbage. (recycle)

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
I've done flatwork before for a Summer job. Sidewalks, driveways and knee boards in basements.

Hard work for sure. Never forget how to do it.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1663691080843.png

"Jeezzus Quiwrisst"
1663691165322.png

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
He missed a spot...

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Someone_else

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What's one of those run?
I read about those two decades ago. They were really expensive tents. They were really very good tents. If you wish you could live in a tent home for the rest of your life, a yurt might be perfect.

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I read about those two decades ago. They were really expensive tents. They were really very good tents. If you wish you could live in a tent home for the rest of your life, a yurt might be perfect.
And some are huge and surprisingly finished inside. I have been in only a couple

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
What's one of those run?
That particular model is ~17' diameter and runs ~$19K (assuming $CAD) with the insulation layer, additional windows and a chimney outlet. Slightly more or slightly less depending on the options one chooses. They built the deck and insulated floor between the deck and yurt, so more cost in lumber etc. on top of the yurt itself.

https://yurta.ca/

Last edited:

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Says they are suitable for a real winter but it doesn't appear to carry a 50 pound snow load.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I think the yert is kewl. Looks like a fun way to camp. Lotsa triangles means lotsa strength.

I cannot help but see water problems, though (eg: melt-water access to floor base.)

Last edited:

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Reaction score
Varathane, 2 part ultra gloss epoxy. Shrinks a little more than I would like on the deeper pour parts but came out very clear and nice and glossy.
did you have any trouble with bubbles ...if so how did you deal with them ....looks like a great result

Sampson

Digging for nuggets of knowledge
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
did you have any trouble with bubbles ...if so how did you deal with them ....looks like a great result

I use a heat gun once it has leveled itself out well. Not too much heat as it causes it to set up too fast but just a couple quick passes to pop out all the bubbles