• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

workin man

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Considered, but remember young sexy woman will be using this shower so we need a more beguiling look.
Exposed aggregate it is. Lets get her a little jiggle in her step.

Pyramid

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Damn look at that top soil.
How deep does it go?
What's the standard depth for that tile stuff? Just below frost line? Don't want to snag it with a plow.
In this instance, the A Horizon (topsoil) is about 2' deep. Prior to artificial drainage, it was a natural swale that moved water from the small marsh upstream to where it flowed into a lake downstream. These hydric (wetland) soils are deep and rich, why they were drained for agricultural purposes about a century ago.

Tile depth depends on the local topography. Generally, in wetlands they were intended to drain they are laid on top of the C Horizon (heavy, impermeable clay in this area). Depth from the drained wetlands to the exit point varies, but usually not more than a few feet if the landscape is relatively flat. Pitch and elevations that support positive drainage really determine this.

A couple of interesting tidbits if I may. A previous project involved disabling a tile line that originated in a natural pond in the middle of a woods that was drained to a river. There was a ridge of outwash sediment deposited between the pond and river during the last ice age, and it took every foot of a full size excavator arm to dig down ~15 feet. Another project was disabling tile lines that were hand dug and installed by German WWI prisoners...talk about chain gang labor.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Say, uh, Irons, does that trail cam have a flash on it? How can you set it if it does? I mean like; auto, always, never for flash.

BF

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Say, uh, Irons, does that trail cam have a flash on it? How can you set it if it does? I mean like; auto, always, never for flash.

BF
No flash it's black infrared. It switches it's self to black and white pictures after dark and color during the day.
You can still buy basic trail cameras that flash but nowadays most don't. I don't think you can shut the flash off.
The early IR cameras would twinkle a little when they went off but that Spypoint and my other Moultrie camera does nothing you or animals can see.

If you want to put a IR camera in your yard nobody would know they were getting their picture taken.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Tnx for the reply, Irons. I'm looking into a camera like this to augment my video security system (see my posts: security cams and security computer).
No need to warn some perp that he's being photographed — I got signs telling them that. :D

BF
Moultrie is the most solid performing IR cameras I have used. This Spypoint is OK but it misses a lot and it's shutter speed is slow, that's why I have it pointed up a two track. I bought a second Spypoint and the fecker died in one season so I won't be buying any more of them.

I take dead trail cameras and put them in places people easily see them. I make sure they stay clean and in the winter I make tracks in the snow to them so they look like they are tended regularly. Then I put a hidden live camera overseeing the dead one. I have had people pull into the driveway at my cabin, spot the dead decoy camera and back right out again in a hurry.

.:2 thumbs up:

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Sup Hammers, and the rest of you sirs.

Ole pops and me have been hard at it lately with more work than we know what to do with. Was gonna post yesterday but had some issues with this phone not uploading pictures.

Hoping all of you feckin feckers are living well and doing fine. Aside from being as busy as ever, life became moar interesting when my step daughter flipped out and kicked Donnie out while he was having a second brain surgery. We moved him in with us and the gf takes him to his radiation treatments near daily it seems for going on three weeks now.

He's doing as well as can be expected. Lost some vision in the right eye and most of his hearing on that side but he's determined to persevere, all he wants is a new pair of boots, a dead buck deer and to get back to work.

On that note back to work it is.

Side job here putting up a lean to on a place we did some work in a year or so back.

Got little bro off the couch to help us on this before he said...

IMG_0089.JPG

He was good help for 3 days. Suffers from diverticulitis most of the time, poor fella.

Found myself in need of some double cut shears for the metal roof and picked up a pair of these.

IMG_0103.JPG

18v Milwaukee, I've never had it so easy up there. Got those at Ridout lumber, bought the demo model and paid less than the corded version cost.

On the front I used them to cut my horizontal line for wall to roof flashing. The double cut removes 1/4 inch of material giving me the perfect gap to slide those 10 foot sticks in. It paid for itself on that job imho.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Thanks Dubs, your saying it means a lot Mr. Really does.

We have a contact in Little Rock doing what he, and now we, like to call "turd polishing", on the north side of the river. A lot, of commas, will try to use less,

Anyhow, everything we do for this guy is a pain in the two hole but he always has something for us on the weekends lately.

Doing some soffit repairs here and had a holly bush and gutter to contend with.
IMG_0104.JPG

Worked ok, couldn't totally avoid the bush.
Stuff like that eveytime for this guy.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Nice cuttng tool Will never saw it before.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yea it's nice have that side action, he's a great dude pays in long wheel based tens Dubby.

So this is my current main gig. Peer and beam home with wood porches, close to 3k under roof.

IMG_0108.JPG

Pops giving it the ole, tired, wore out eagle eye.

Used advantec 3/4 flooring. Picked up the air powered glue gun to try out on this project. It's fantastic for something like this. Unbelievable almost vs being bent down with a hand gun.

IMG_0113.JPG

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You're getting all high tech, wanka. Money invested in the right tool is money in the pocket down the road. Where I live seems to be the last place to catch on. Back in 1984 when I started building I was working in Florida. The crew I was with used air nailers. (First day using one I shot me self in the thumb putting nailing blocks between ceiling joists. Safety was pressed against joist but nail exits below safety. Just before I pulled the trigger I heard Boss yell no. Too late. Right in the thumb.) Sorry about the side tracking. When I moved back here, ain't no one ever heard of no stinking air guns. Took me awhile to hand bang that first floor carrier.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Dead serious Dialbro. Once I got the pressure and bead right, I cracked up laughing telling pops "are you seeing this shit"! Smiled and giggled for five minutes guaranteed. Then stuff got serious again.

IMG_0114.JPG

Getting the porches preped, setting up the sectional style again on this. At this point pop and kevo got to work on building walls and I got the 5/4 premium project, for better or worse, to myself.
IMG_0119.JPG

Set up table for me chop box next to the stack so me could sling that stuff around and have dust flyin everwheres ass.

That was Friday there finished the front Saturday and started the back porch today but didn't get a pic.

IMG_0121.JPG

Edit: Those saw horses I did not build, was kev's first set. He monkey fucked em pretty good, was funny to watch.

Last edited:

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Found myself in need of some double cut shears for the metal roof and picked up a pair of these.
Same brand as mine, except mine has a cord, which is always getting almost cut or not quite long enough. Great work saver for anyone does much metal work.

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Not a lot of interesting happenings last week. I did finish both porches Tuesday. We got all the beams set and joisted out, used the ole cat on the heavy stuff.
IMG_0126.JPG

Notched the post to accept the lvl on the front and back porch then boomed that sucker up.

IMG_0131.JPG

Super nice having equipment on stuff like this when your short handed. We don't take it for granted and use that thing everywhere moving stuff and putting things where need to be.

Aftermath of the post notching here. We call this eatin it.

IMG_0130.JPG

Is good for you!

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Moultrie is the most solid performing IR cameras I have used. This Spypoint is OK but it misses a lot and it's shutter speed is slow, that's why I have it pointed up a two track. I bought a second Spypoint and the fecker died in one season so I won't be buying any more of them.

I take dead trail cameras and put them in places people easily see them. I make sure they stay clean and in the winter I make tracks in the snow to them so they look like they are tended regularly. Then I put a hidden live camera overseeing the dead one. I have had people pull into the driveway at my cabin, spot the dead decoy camera and back right out again in a hurry

sounds like myself .........i have had real good luck with the small cheap bushnell cameras marketed as security cameras (about 50$ each) but same thing as a trail camera..........i had a senior moment a couple of years ago and forgot where i had put one in the woods...found it a year later when i hunted that tree stand ...STILL WORKING and taking pictures.....it went over a full year on 4 aa lithium batteries ......was intresting to watch a full year of pictures............also i have a lot of the old early big moltrie cameras i put them out as fakes and the little ones to actually do the monitoring

Last edited:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ready to pour 002.JPG
Pole barn 003.JPG
Log Cabin 002.JPG
Log Cabin 007.JPG
20171020_103034.jpg
I've been working on my latest shack since spring thaw. I'm doing the plumbing, electrical, solar, excavation and architectural work myself, younger men doing the real work. Pole barn siding is local rough sawn board and batten. The logs are being done at the log yard, then will get disassembled and hauled to my foundation in a week or two.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
They removed the top two courses of logs, set them up on the ground and built the roof system on top. I guess it's easier for them to do it that way. The log truss supports the roof over the front overhang.
20171114_145241.jpg
GBY2EUR8.jpg
4KTQBUOG.jpg
20171115_162652.jpg

Irons

Deep Sixed
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Damn Hoarder that house is going to be gorgeous man. Kudos to you for doing what it takes to make a project like that happen.
With all of the things involved and all the steps that you have to make happen at the right time it seems like the actual building is the easy part!

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
With all of the things involved and all the steps that you have to make happen at the right time
Don't give me more credit for timing than I deserve.
They started on the log package in May and said it was going to take 8 weeks to complete in their yard. I rushed like crazy to get the foundation done. When Montana went up in flames, all the log peelers quit and went to work as firefighters, which is easier and pays much better. The two guys doing the log work are 55 and 72 years old, and no amount of coercion would get them to finish peeling the logs, so it just sat there for months. When they bring the logs to my place, the crane will have to chain up to make it up my icy driveway and they'll be working in freezing weather and snow. But that's just typical homebuilding in Montana.

andial

use default title
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Looks dry there.

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Spent all summer in the dirt. Now there is a beeeg giant slab covering the whole area from the forms in the back to the right side of the picture.
Hut is in the middle and some prefab engineered data center hootie dotters ( I.E. prima donna supplied stuff ) were set on the slab over our stub ups and a 1Mwat generator.
Starting phase 2 hopefully after start up of this one, going on now, early next year.
Awesome thread this one.
07-25-17.jpg

IMG_0034 (002).jpg

Last edited:

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Edit to add:
Set the prefab modules on our junk in the open yard.
Not a whole lotta wiggle room.
And viola' ! , instant data center after the prima donnas fly in and do their thing.
Customer " thinks " that all of this stuff is cheaper than the stand alone building concept.
Jury still out.
Regards to all.

20171026_104815.jpg
20171026_095524.jpg