• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

workin man

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
kitchenaid is a premium brand...thats all we have ever had in dishwashers and never had one fail "yet" ..........who knows on a trash compactor looks to be a match to my dishwasher..... :) its just a tad to wide or i would trade yah for it just to have a project and see if they are worth a crap........always heard they were a pain

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The GE seems to be a workhorse with a 1/3hp motor. Thinking about pulling the motor out of that one for a future project.
I'm gonna throw the kitchenaid on CL and ask $200

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
IMG_20180804_173259485.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
The GE seems to be a workhorse with a 1/3hp motor. Thinking about pulling the motor out of that one for a future project.
I'm gonna throw the kitchenaid on CL and ask $200
Wow! That was a quick sale!

$.jpg

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
My roof being metal and a 8 in 12 pitch, I've been putting off installing the flashings for the DWV and propane vents. Finally, after acknowledging that I wasn't going to hornswaggle anyone else into doing it for me, I psyched myself into it, throwing a knotted rope across the roof with one end secured to my truck, then tied a foam mattress to the bottom of the loader bucket and set it above the eaves as a catchers mitt to catch any tumbling clumsy old geezer who might lose his footing.

Attachments

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My roof being metal and a 8 in 12 pitch, I've been putting off installing the flashings for the DWV and propane vents. Finally, after acknowledging that I wasn't going to hornswaggle anyone else into doing it for me, I psyched myself into it, throwing a knotted rope across the roof with one end secured to my truck, then tied a foam mattress to the bottom of the loader bucket and set it above the eaves as a catchers mitt to catch any tumbling clumsy old geezer who might lose his footing.
Wheee.

I don't doubt your capabilities at all hoarder, but don't go fecking yourself up. I bet it's a long ride to the nearest doc even longer as you'll be the one driving.

A guy that owned a store thought he would be cheap and paint the back of his building himself using a harness. He was showing it off and exclaiming how he was going to he saving money. The building is along side a river so ladders would be of no use. They found him dangling on the harness. Too much excitement for the old ticker.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
It sux those high temp silicone decktites are orange....are you planning on putting a little green sheet metal visual facade around it?......i guess the mattress is to protect the bucket? :) lol

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
say folks , i have a question about metal roofs and insurance...
big baseball hail came through here the other day , took out two house windows , beat the hell out of about 100 feet of guttering , and i have a few holes in my t111 siding...
i can fix the windows and guttering and siding for under $1000 bucks....
which is my deductable...

what about my dented up metal roof?..it doesnt leak , just a lot of dents..
the insurance company already came to my girlfriends home andm totaled the asphalt roof...

my insurance adjuster has not showed up yet , said they are exytrmely busy with this last roun d of weather from nebraska to texas , baseball hail and all that stuff....

my question , do you all think a dented metal roof should be replaced by insurance 100%?.....
or will the insurance do some kindm of depreciation settlement with me or just blow me off?...

thanks.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
think of how it would be adjusted if it was your car...........yes 100%............asthetics are part of the roofs fuction also (good thing about a metal roof is it still keeps water out while you decide what to do)

if some panels are not dented they might try to take those out of the adjustment but be aware sheet metal paint fades and chalks so new panels will not match ...same as trim...

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Cracker, if that metal roof is dented and loosened any of the screw washers, it will leak, maybe not show up a leaks right away, but I had one leak on a screw out over my deck roof. All I did to fix that was put in a new screw with a bit of metal roof caulk under the screw to seal any rain seeping back under it.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
big baseball hail came through here the other day , took out two house windows , beat the hell out of about 100 feet of guttering , and i have a few holes in my t111 siding...

the insurance company already came to my girlfriends home andm totaled the asphalt roof...

my insurance adjuster has not showed up yet , said they are exytrmely busy with this last roun d of weather from nebraska to texas , baseball hail and all that stuff....

my question , do you all think a dented metal roof should be replaced by insurance 100%?.....
or will the insurance do some kindm of depreciation settlement with me or just blow me off?...

thanks.
Yes, a dented metal roof from hail is a normal insurance claim.

When I was selling a house a while back - I got up on the roof with the inspector/adjuster, while chatting, he told me he always has standing seam metal roofs installed on his properties and when there is a hail storm, he gets a 100% claim and essentially gets a free roof. What they do is measure the distance between dents and make the settlement based on that - if they are close enough together it is 100%, further apart, the less the settlement.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It sux those high temp silicone decktites are orange....are you planning on putting a little green sheet metal visual facade around it?......i guess the mattress is to protect the bucket? :) lol
I think in a couple years the rubber will weather enough that acrylic latex paint will stick to it. More than likely I'll have to get someone up there in a few years to service the chimney cap and do it then.
A mattress inside the bucket would have been a nice touch, just in case I went in head first.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I think in a couple years the rubber will weather enough that acrylic latex paint will stick to it. More than likely I'll have to get someone up there in a few years to service the chimney cap and do it then.
A mattress inside the bucket would have been a nice touch, just in case I went in head first.
yeah dont want to dent up the bucket... :).......... what i have done in the past for covering dektites like that is just make a colored sheet metal inverted cone on the ground then just slip it over the pipe and affix with caulk or ss hose clamp to the pipe didnt want anymore screws in the roof ....also protects the boot from sunlight even though they are uv stable

great looking roof

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
thanks Fella's....i feel better now.
i will let ya all know what this adjuster says.
I walked with the adjuster when she inspected my girlfriends house.
Cute little phillipino woman in her late 20's and has an edumacation and certifications.....
she climbed up on the roof , i had to help her and i cant help it if my hand slipped and grabbed her cute little butt , and without hesitation , she totaled the roof 100%....
I wish she was my adjuster.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
yeah dont want to dent up the bucket... :).......... what i have done in the past for covering dektites like that is just make a colored sheet metal inverted cone on the ground then just slip it over the pipe and affix with caulk or ss hose clamp to the pipe didnt want anymore screws in the roof ....also protects the boot from sunlight even though they are uv stable

great looking roof
Protecting the boot from UV light is a good idea. With a pitch like mine I would have to trim the cone with tin snips while I'm up there to make it fit the slope. On a metal roof it's best to have penetrations near the ridge so you don't have to use dektite flashings...just tuck the metal flashing under the ridge.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Lol Every year gets harder and harder it seems.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

thanks.
My mom's house had little(small) hail damage and they replaced the entire roof and two walls of cedar siding. Think you're good to go!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
In the market for a new angled finish nailer. My Ridgid nailer got fubared and I haven't been able to make it functional again. Anyone have any advise, recomendations etc. I'm thinking of getting a cheapo special to hold me over until I get a battery operated model. Likely Dewilt

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Misterman what in the five is happening here. When I zoom up it's gets all fucky. I can see its Uncle and you, I'm lost... yet curious.

and i cant help it if my hand slipped and grabbed her cute little butt.
No you can't sir, i prob couldn't neither. goodtymes!

In the market for a new angled finish nailer. My Ridgid nailer got fubared and I haven't been able to make it functional again. Anyone have any advise, recomendations etc. I'm thinking of getting a cheapo special to hold me over until I get a battery operated model. Likely Dewilt
Sir im running senco's 15 degree AFN and have really liked them from the go. Super lite, very well balanced and just feels so good in my hands.
Started with one on cedar project. About three weeks in I knocked it off a scaffold from maybe 11 feet up. It hit nose first on the natural rock step below. Made me sick watching it happen. Figured it was a done deal.

Bent the crap out of the safty, so much so that it had to be hammered apart, which made me sick err. But I shaped her back up with the estwing and it hasn't missed a lick since.

Nice hard shooters and extremely consistent nail placement is a breeze.
Like 179 at the depot iirc.

IMG_0937.JPG

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ok Mr. Just went back a page and figured stuff out. Good score on the TV set and compactor. Dude I'm working for just gave me some 8quarter clear alder amongst other random stuffs with little or no value.

Rock work is looking good.

smooth

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Ok Mr. Just went back a page and figured stuff out. Good score on the TV set and compactor. Dude I'm working for just gave me some 8quarter clear alder amongst other random stuffs with little or no value.

Rock work is looking good.
I've built quite a bit of furniture/cabinet types stuffs from alder, its a little bit on the soft side but with a conditioner, it takes a stain rather well. And if its Red Alder it can oxidize into a beautiful color. It's also surprisingly stable and very easy to work.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Wheee.

I don't doubt your capabilities at all hoarder, but don't go fecking yourself up. I bet it's a long ride to the nearest doc even longer as you'll be the one driving.

A guy that owned a store thought he would be cheap and paint the back of his building himself using a harness. He was showing it off and exclaiming how he was going to he saving money. The building is along side a river so ladders would be of no use. They found him dangling on the harness. Too much excitement for the old ticker.

But look at the money he saved!

thanks Fella's....i feel better now.
i will let ya all know what this adjuster says.
I walked with the adjuster when she inspected my girlfriends house.
I wish she was my adjuster.
As for that hail storm! Holy hell!

300 cars at the zoo totaled...at least when I was working in a body shop - if they looked like that they were!

Killed a duck and a vulture at the zoo. Injured several folks. The angels must have been playing baseball cuz that was the size of the hail!!

stonedywankanobe

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I've built quite a bit of furniture/cabinet types stuffs from alder, its a little bit on the soft side but with a conditioner, it takes a stain rather well. And if its Red Alder it can oxidize into a beautiful color. It's also surprisingly stable and very easy to work.
Yea we've done two sets of cabinets using alder (knotty) both times. I really like working with it for all the reasons you mention Smooty.

I picked up 10 raised panel knotty alder doors at a flea mkt awhile back for 2 bucks each. There beautiful, couldn't believe it. Will probably use the 8quarter for face frames and build me a set for next to nothing when I get time.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
insurance adjuster called yesterday.
Apologized for the delay.
still said he couldnt make it out here until next week.
WTF....
is this normal?..
Some agents were in town two days later assessing the damage.
I am looking at two weeks.
That doesnt sound normal to me.
I feel like I am getting the runaround.
Do the agents serve the rich clients first?.....girlfriends house would bring 300,000 in denver and her check is already in the mail , mine maybe 100000 and no inspection............
plus my place will be paid off next year so i lowered my initial coverage just enough to cover the note should things go south...
So i dont pay a big premium , they put me last on the inspection list?......

Maybe I am over reacting. I will calm down and drink some more coffee....

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
insurance adjuster called yesterday.
Apologized for the delay.
still said he couldnt make it out here until next week.
WTF....
is this normal?..
Some agents were in town two days later assessing the damage.
I am looking at two weeks.
That doesnt sound normal to me.
I feel like I am getting the runaround.
Do the agents serve the rich clients first?.....girlfriends house would bring 300,000 in denver and her check is already in the mail , mine maybe 100000 and no inspection............
plus my place will be paid off next year so i lowered my initial coverage just enough to cover the note should things go south...
So i dont pay a big premium , they put me last on the inspection list?......

Maybe I am over reacting. I will calm down and drink some more coffee....
After a big storm claim event the adjusters get spread pretty thin. I wouldn't worry too much about a delay. If you're not taking on water for potentially more damage and larger claims, they will prioritize their visits to those who are. They will eventually make you whole.

Relax. Maybe switch to decaf.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
After a big storm claim event the adjusters get spread pretty thin. I wouldn't worry too much about a delay. If you're not taking on water for potentially more damage and larger claims, they will prioritize their visits to those who are. They will eventually make you whole.

Relax. Maybe switch to decaf.

decaf!!??.....
oh the horror!...

0a98aba130713ef3c4c480c187a44df8.jpg

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
decaf!!??.....
oh the horror!...
I had hail damage to a couple roofs here some years ago. We called the insurance, adjusted was flooded with people claiming damage, said to take some pictures, list the size of the roof etc and fax or email them to him. We did and in a few days got a confirmation that a check was in the mail.

Guess it would depend on your insurance on how they'd handle a claim.

Oh, and our hail was only about marble size, not even golf ball or like you had. It was enough to damage an aging shingle roof. I replaced the worst one myself with metal and did the repairs to the other shingle roof that had only minor damage.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Fitting t&g boards around the log purlins was slow and tedious. Nearly drove the carpenter crazy. I like it.
kp 003.JPG

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
After a big storm claim event the adjusters get spread pretty thin. I wouldn't worry too much about a delay. If you're not taking on water for potentially more damage and larger claims, they will prioritize their visits to those who are. They will eventually make you whole.......
Around here most adjusters are contracted. A couple of national insurance cos. have their in-house people but most around here are contracted by the insurance cos. They only have to pay the help when tshtf.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Fitting t&g boards around the log purlins was slow and tedious. Nearly drove the carpenter crazy. I like it. View attachment 108861
I loves me some new pipe staging. Those perlins look to have grown in size now that the wall's on! Farking manly! Looks awesome.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Finally got around to building the replacement cedar bars. There's a small one off to the right out of the picture too. I framed em in PT, used a ram-set to anchor and silly coned the top end grain and around the base.

Adjacent to the one pictured with the two coolers is the one made of galvanized 1 1/4" pipe.
I was texted a picture of one on-line and mimicked the design.

Tomorrow I'll start building the top for it. I'tll be made of 2"x4" KD spf.
I'll glue(Titebond III) and screw them on edge to create a 32" x 9' top. It'll likely get stained and coated in epoxy.

bLowes cut and threaded the pipe. I bought a few 10'ers for $30 each and had em whacked down and threaded for free.

Thanks for lookin'
IMG_20180822_153807533 - Edited.jpg

IMG_20180824_144148379 - Edited.jpg

IMG_20180816_120109401_01 - Edited.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Frac site delivery.
Ahh lovely West Texas.
Sand, dust acid and water pumped down hole @80 bbl per minute.
What kind of rig you drivin'? What did you deliver?