• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

workin man

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I know nothing about crypts. Are all those cubes for bodies? Is it communal?
For bodies yes. Only the Thurston Howell III types though. They sell at near 80k per box I'm told.

IMG_1180.PNG

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Fantastic ad there Crackenstein. That was the cowardly lion guy from oz no doubt. Always got a kick outta him. " What puts the ape in an apricot... whaata they got that I ain't got"?...

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I first heard that commercial as a kid listening to Dodger baseball and they were playing the old Milwaukee Braves , you know , Hank Aaron's old club?...

That fecking tv brainwashing started way back then with those jingles...

Say the magic word
Say Mission Pack
And its on its merry way!

No gift so right!
So gay!
So bright!

Give the Mission Pack magic way!...

And then there's old Stanley Chevrolet...

Stanley Stanley
Stanley Chevrolet
2 blocks south
Off the Santa Ana freeway...

I'm sorry.

Once that chit is embedded in a kids brain , it never goes away.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'd like a taste of that blatz brew, bet it's good stuff. My women's father brought me down a case of his favorite brew a few weeks back when they were down for a wedding in which I walked Kim's middle daughter down the isle.

This stuff has a unique twang that I really like. I can't get it in bottles down here so these were a welcome gift from that hard ass old bastard.

IMG_1182.JPG

Stag. Steak Tators And Gravy in a bottle. Good old beer.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Back on the crypt project this morning. Preping the ceiling for a concrete lid pour. Didn't make it far and and got serious rain again about 11... called it a Monday.

View attachment 115730

Notched 3 4inch i beams into the block work there and doubled the steel sheets, will rebar the shit out of it tomorrow and pour.

Got a crew of white boys out of Texas doing the rock work and setting the crypts.

View attachment 115731

View attachment 115733

Fairly teadious looking stuff watching those guys work.

Long ways to go yet.
View attachment 115732

We still have a crap ton of concrete work in the walk ways and such after those guys wrap it up.
That's a lot of granite! Some of it even looks like Texas Pink granite.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'd like a taste of that blatz brew, bet it's good stuff. My women's father brought me down a case of his favorite brew a few weeks back when they were down for a wedding in which I walked Kim's middle daughter down the isle.

This stuff has a unique twang that I really like. I can't get it in bottles down here so these were a welcome gift from that hard ass old bastard.

View attachment 115748
Brewed With Hops & Wild Buck Urine

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Brewed With Hops & Wild Buck Urine

Maybe that is why my mom and pops sprinkled salt in their Schlitz........

Say that chit 3 times real fast......

I am not a beer dude...
Last brew I bought was a case of Red Stripe about 8 years ago....

I will suck one down on special occasions , tears and beers , old dogs , children , and old flames....
1105181700.jpg

1105181652.jpg
1105181655.jpg

Attachments

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
My lipsh shilpped on the shlitz.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
TRue story..
I was helping a customer who had bought a prehung exterior door make sure she had everything that her handyman would need for installation...
The door was on the cart , I'm holding her doorknobs , insulation , and caulk when I bent over to pick up a pack of wood shims , I dropped the caulk...
Lady , would you please hold my caulk so I can get the shims?......true.

View attachment 115564
BTW, that is a young Pam Anderson.

https://www.ranker.com/list/young-pamela-anderson-pictures/cari-fortier

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
She dressed like a workin man so I'll welcome her to the thread.
1541466910283.png

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
That"s a nice rig there, stonedy. Is that a F350 Diesel? What year?
I've had a 1996 250 powerstroke for twelve years — love it

BF
That is a very nice rig BF'er. Not mine though. I ride in that creeper van behind it. The 04 350 there belongs to a fellow I do lots of work for. Very clean truck with the 6.0. He just had all the injectors replaced two weeks back, runs like a brand new one.

I'd take your 96 with the 7.3 any day of the week over a 6.0 though. I've been watching Craigslist for the right one for months and haven't found her yet. 93- 02 350 crew cab single axle that isn't a beater.

Talking rigs has me wondering now if @mayhem still has that slick 88 blazer for sale?

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Read about this today found it interesting.

American Diesel Trucks Are Time Bombs, Lawsuit Filed By Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP
Oct 27, 2018, 20:00 ET
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, Oct. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Bob Hilliard filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of Texas diesel truck owners against the German-based company Bosch as well as US truck manufacturers for allegedly defective CP4 fuel injection pumps that disintegrate and destroy the truck's engine.

CP4 Fuel Pump
CP4 Fuel Pump
Hilliard states, "The CP4 is the heart of the engine. In the US, every single CP4 is starved of lubrication because of the viscosity of American diesel fuel. As a result of the lack of lubrication in American diesel, the design of the CP4, and the low volume of fuel moved by the CP4, the CP4 starts to shed tiny pieces of metal shards almost immediately, sometimes as early as mile one. By a hundred thousand miles, all truck owners see the costly results. Their engines self-destruct, the CP4 disintegrates and sends thousands of metal shards into the fuel injection system and every part of the engine—resulting in $8,000-$20,000 worth of repairs."

"The truck manufacturers, Ford, General Motors, FCA (Chrysler) and VM Motori plus Bosch allegedly all knew this CP4 high pressure fuel pump was not designed for and could not safely operate on US diesel fuel and should not be put into American vehicles. Yet, they put it in millions of trucks anyway."

Hilliard states, "The CP4 is a high pressure fuel injection pump, mounted in the engine bay, which directly feeds high pressure to the common rail and draws fuel from the tank. As a fact, the CP4 will destroy the entire fuel system of 100% of the trucks it is installed in. It is in Ford 6.7L PowerStroke engines from 2011 to present and GM 6.6L Duramax LML Diesel engines from 2011 to 2016, 3.0 L EcoDiesel Jeep Cherokees and Ram trucks, and various ambulances, delivery vans, and other vehicles. The CP4 was a cost saving measure, using fewer parts and less fuel, replacing the very reliable CP3.

"It is never 'if' when it comes to CP4 failure. It is only 'when'. The failure is always catastrophic because it destroys the injectors and leaves metal shavings in the fuel lines—requiring a replacement of the entire fuel injection system and disassembly of the engine."

"Every truck owner with a CP4 should be entitled to recover the cost of replacement and repair as well as economic and other monetary damages. Hard working Americans rely on their work trucks, as do many small business owners. This defect puts their trucks in the shop for weeks and costs thousands of dollars to repair, and the car companies always deny warranty coverage. Also, if the CP4 catastrophically fails at highway speeds and the engine suddenly won't respond, there is a real safety and loss of life issue as well."

Click here for more information: https://www.hmglawfirm.com/cp4fuelpump/

ABOUT HMG http://www.hmglawfirm.com/
Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP (HMG) specializes in mass torts, personal injury, product liability, commercial and business litigation, and wrongful death. Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP has been successfully representing clients in the United States and Mexico since 1986. Bob Hilliard obtained the Largest Verdict in the country in 2012 and the #1 verdict in Texas, he currently is co-lead counsel in the single biggest litigation in US history, GM's ignition switch defect litigation, currently pending in the Southern District of New York.

SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW WITH BOB HILLIARD
Contact Lauren Gomez at 361-960-3146

SOURCE Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I've got a 2000 Ford f350 with a 7.3 and it is a great truck - had a 97 f250 Heavy Duty with a 7.3 also. The 2000 Super Duty is a much better truck than the 97 Heavy Duty - the Super Duty was a design leap - handles better, pulls better, quieter, more pleasant to drive.

On the above post about the fuel pumps - the new high pressure rail systems are a design failure - sensitive, expensive and not worth having. If you get water in your fuel, you need new injectors - 10k minimum. You're better off with a gasser.

Last edited:

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The automotive industry gets laws passed that will justify planned-in obsolecence. They don't want anyone driving vehicles after the bankers are paid off so they make them as complex and delicate as possible. They assemble them in a manner that every part overlaps another so the entire vehicle has to be disassembled just to do a simple repair, rendering them impractical to continue servicing them.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Ha Ha Ha Ha, my engine was made by International Harvester.
almost bullit proof — sadly no intercooler
(but I do have a blow-it-up setting on my tune selector)

BF

mayhem

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Talking rigs has me wondering now if @mayhem still has that slick 88 blazer for sale?
Had to sell it to finish up the work I had done on the house last year. I stopped posting here about all the problems I was having finding quality people. Cost me a extra 5k to finish so the Blazer had to go. Dang I do miss that truck. :rage 1 :truck2:

mayhem

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Read about this today found it interesting.

American Diesel Trucks Are Time Bombs, Lawsuit Filed By Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP
NEWS PROVIDED BY
Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP
Oct 27, 2018, 20:00 ET
CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas, Oct. 27, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Bob Hilliard filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of Texas diesel truck owners against the German-based company Bosch as well as US truck manufacturers for allegedly defective CP4 fuel injection pumps that disintegrate and destroy the truck's engine.

CP4 Fuel Pump
CP4 Fuel Pump
Hilliard states, "The CP4 is the heart of the engine. In the US, every single CP4 is starved of lubrication because of the viscosity of American diesel fuel. As a result of the lack of lubrication in American diesel, the design of the CP4, and the low volume of fuel moved by the CP4, the CP4 starts to shed tiny pieces of metal shards almost immediately, sometimes as early as mile one. By a hundred thousand miles, all truck owners see the costly results. Their engines self-destruct, the CP4 disintegrates and sends thousands of metal shards into the fuel injection system and every part of the engine—resulting in $8,000-$20,000 worth of repairs."

"The truck manufacturers, Ford, General Motors, FCA (Chrysler) and VM Motori plus Bosch allegedly all knew this CP4 high pressure fuel pump was not designed for and could not safely operate on US diesel fuel and should not be put into American vehicles. Yet, they put it in millions of trucks anyway."

Hilliard states, "The CP4 is a high pressure fuel injection pump, mounted in the engine bay, which directly feeds high pressure to the common rail and draws fuel from the tank. As a fact, the CP4 will destroy the entire fuel system of 100% of the trucks it is installed in. It is in Ford 6.7L PowerStroke engines from 2011 to present and GM 6.6L Duramax LML Diesel engines from 2011 to 2016, 3.0 L EcoDiesel Jeep Cherokees and Ram trucks, and various ambulances, delivery vans, and other vehicles. The CP4 was a cost saving measure, using fewer parts and less fuel, replacing the very reliable CP3.

"It is never 'if' when it comes to CP4 failure. It is only 'when'. The failure is always catastrophic because it destroys the injectors and leaves metal shavings in the fuel lines—requiring a replacement of the entire fuel injection system and disassembly of the engine."

"Every truck owner with a CP4 should be entitled to recover the cost of replacement and repair as well as economic and other monetary damages. Hard working Americans rely on their work trucks, as do many small business owners. This defect puts their trucks in the shop for weeks and costs thousands of dollars to repair, and the car companies always deny warranty coverage. Also, if the CP4 catastrophically fails at highway speeds and the engine suddenly won't respond, there is a real safety and loss of life issue as well."

Click here for more information: https://www.hmglawfirm.com/cp4fuelpump/

ABOUT HMG http://www.hmglawfirm.com/
Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP (HMG) specializes in mass torts, personal injury, product liability, commercial and business litigation, and wrongful death. Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP has been successfully representing clients in the United States and Mexico since 1986. Bob Hilliard obtained the Largest Verdict in the country in 2012 and the #1 verdict in Texas, he currently is co-lead counsel in the single biggest litigation in US history, GM's ignition switch defect litigation, currently pending in the Southern District of New York.

SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW WITH BOB HILLIARD
Contact Lauren Gomez at 361-960-3146

SOURCE Hilliard Martinez Gonzales LLP
When the EPA forced the sulfur to be removed from non AG diesel is when the problems started. Everyone I know who has a diesel truck just adds 8 oz of 2 cycle oil per 35 gallons of the new diesel and hasn't had any problems. I believed this was common knowledge, but guess not.

mayhem

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Yeah, but not up to my standards. I'm just not up for the confrontation, just don't have the strength so I'll let it go. It's good enough for the idiots who buy houses today and don't even know how to use a screwdriver.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yeah, but not up to my standards. I'm just not up for the confrontation, just don't have the strength so I'll let it go. It's good enough for the idiots who buy houses today and don't even know how to use a screwdriver.
Good to see your new perspective. I did make it down to Palm Coast in May and if I had more flexibility with my schedule, would have given you a shout and see what I could have done for you. We got 90% of the job done before the building inspector shut us down. Went and got a permit and all he was concerned about was the party walls being fire blocked. Amazing what damage water can do.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Plumbers finished up yesterday and we made good progress today resheathing the floor and building walls so the elec-chikens can drop wires tomorrow AM. Only have a couple knee walls to build tomorrow, throw a couple screws in the pocket door frame and I'm done on this project till it's time to run trim and paint. PS I'm a sub on this project and the GC wanted to re-use any old studs we could.
mb.jpg
mb 0.jpg
mb 1.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Nothing wrong with that right?
Compare the knots new vs old.
I'm all for recycling and the older growth is something to be admired.

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I've got a 2000 Ford f350 with a 7.3 and it is a great truck - had a 97 f250 Heavy Duty with a 7.3 also. The 2000 Super Duty is a much better truck than the 97 Heavy Duty - the Super Duty was a design leap - handles better, pulls better, quieter, more pleasant to drive.
The only thing the pre '99, 7.3s and the '99 through early '03, 7.3s have in common is the displacement- 7.3 liters. Even though they were both built by International they are 2 completely different engines. The later ones are definitely a design leap. A much better engine.

I just got my 2000, F250 with a very rare, splattered 7.3 back from the shop. They did a cab-off engine swap with an engine from a wrecked one with 77,000 miles. While they were into it they put a new clutch in too. That shit aint cheap but it's not the $70,000 that they get for new ones. It should be good to go for another 400,000 miles.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Fenz, did you install a larger diameter down-pipe for the exhaust while the cab was off? That is the time to do it. I installed one myself, but I had to beat the shit out of the firewall to get it in.

BF

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Fenz, did you install a larger diameter down-pipe for the exhaust while the cab was off? That is the time to do it. I installed one myself, but I had to beat the shit out of the firewall to get it in.

BF
I would imagine that it would be pretty tough to sneak in there after the fact. I already had 4" right out of the turbo so it was just a matter of clamping it up again. Mine actually jumps up to 5" after it gets out of there. And that 5" sits pretty close to the spare tire in the rear so it melted a big fat groove in it. I remember having that put in along with a bigger intake as soon as it got out of warranty. It made a remarkable difference in horsepower and economy. I've heard the turbo spool up ever since too.

Edit: Don't know what I was thinking. Of anyone, I should know better. It's 3" right out of the turbo and then jumps up to 4". Mea Culpa.

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Pic of the half bath finished with local made cabinet.

2nd pic is of my caulk job using the tape method.

Half bath 1.jpg
Half bath 2.jpg

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Pic of the half bath finished with local made cabinet.

2nd pic is of my caulk job using the tape method.

View attachment 116064 View attachment 116065
I'm happy to see that you didn't caulk around the base of the toilet like so many do. Lots of folks who do, later wish they hadn't. If the wax seal leaks, the first clue with a caulked base is water through the sheetrock down below along with a rotted floor. The place to caulk around a toilet is between the closet flange and the floor covering before the toilet is set. That way if it leaks it will show up as a puddle on the floor right away before any serious damage is done.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
I'm happy to see that you didn't caulk around the base of the toilet like so many do. Lots of folks who do, later wish they hadn't. If the wax seal leaks, the first clue with a caulked base is water through the sheetrock down below along with a rotted floor. The place to caulk around a toilet is between the closet flange and the floor covering before the toilet is set. That way if it leaks it will show up as a puddle on the floor right away before any serious damage is done.
Caulking around the toilet is code. The plumbers left it for us to do. If the toilet is installed properly caulking the toilet prevents water from getting underneath and harboring bacteria.

International Plumbing Code 2012
Chapter 4 Fixtures, Faucets and Fixture Fittings
Section 405 Installation of Fixtures
405.5 Water-tight joints. Joints formed where fixtures come in contact with walls or floors shall be sealed.

Uniform Plumbing Code 2009
Chapter 4 Plumbing Fixtures and Fixture Fittings
Section 407 Installation
407.2 Joints. Where a fixture comes in contact with the wall or floor, the joint between the fixture and the wall or floor shall be made water-tight.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Haha haha.....good timing...I have to install I new toilet and remove and reset the other one and tile the floors...

But I have to say that I've installed several toilets a la diy homeowner through the years , maybe a dozen or so , never caulked one of them....
Cannot recall any of them leaking..
Maybe I was just lucky..
I will caulk these new toilets though....

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Haha haha.....good timing...I have to install I new toilet and remove and reset the other one and tile the floors...

But I have to say that I've installed several toilets a la diy homeowner through the years , maybe a dozen or so , never caulked one of them....
Maybe I was just lucky..
Having pulled my fair share of toilets, I say caulking them is a very good idea. I've never seen one that leaks at the seal. Typically they will leak at the supply connection area and secondarily at the tank to toilet connection.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Maybe I was just lucky..
A shop vac works great at getting all the water out of the tank and bowl. Next option is an old towel. They make off set flanges that allow you greater flexibility in positioning.
1541797748469.png
1541797763946.png

D-FENZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Caulking around the toilet is code. The plumbers left it for us to do. If the toilet is installed properly caulking the toilet prevents water from getting underneath and harboring bacteria.
Most jurisdictions don't enforce that one. We have installed literally thousands of them and on only the rarest occasions have we ever caulked the base. The exception would be on a roughly finished concrete floor where the gap is uneven and the toilet needs shimmed. Of course internal leaks don't matter much if the toilet is sitting on a concrete floor with a tile floor.

You can take the advice or leave it. It didn't cost you anything.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Most jurisdictions don't enforce that one. We have installed literally thousands of them and on only the rarest occasions have we ever caulked the base. The exception would be on a roughly finished concrete floor where the gap is uneven and the toilet needs shimmed. Of course internal leaks don't matter much if the toilet is sitting on a concrete floor with a tile floor.

You can take the advice or leave it. It didn't cost you anything.
I simply pointed out the code that is in effect along with my experience and reasoning.

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Having pulled my fair share of toilets, I say caulking them is a very good idea. I've never seen one that leaks at the seal. Typically they will leak at the supply connection area and secondarily at the tank to toilet connection.
I went to the one piece toilets in my house......to eliminate the tank to toilet connection.....these are my first experience with one piece toilets so i am not sure what the problems with one piecers would be....so far so good zero issues....used Kohlers never had any flushing or clogging issues either