• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

workin man

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

hoarder

White Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

BigJim#1-8

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
You'll never know how you got by without it. I bought one 6 months ago and it's really made my log cabin building a lot easier.
What make blades are you using? I've read some that the after market blades are as good & sometimes better than the brand name, a whole lot cheaper too.

hoarder

White Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What make blades are you using? I've read some that the after market blades are as good & sometimes better than the brand name, a whole lot cheaper too.
My "vibrator" is Harbor Freight and so are the attachments. You're gonna love it. Anytime you would use a hammer and chisel on wood, it will do it quicker easier and better. Cut the bottom plate out after you frame doorways. For log homes and timberframe joinery, they open all kinds of opportunities. Sanding attachment gets where you never could get before. When I notice mistakes in T&G paneling, I can cut them out and replace them without damage to adjacent pieces. Anywhere you can't get your skilsaw, the vibrator will cut it. Loud as hell, wear earplugs.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
You'll never know how you got by without it. I bought one 6 months ago and it's really made my log cabin building a lot easier.
I am on my second HF oscillating saw but for 20 bucks a pop, (did I mention I'm cheap?) I'm not complaining. BigJim will appreciate the cordless version even more. I've found the universal blades that are cheap (cause that's me) do very well. Helps to use the blade side to side to get even wear. There are even different blades for different jobs. The grout removal blade works very well if you have to pop a tile.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I primarily use the HF blades but the Dremel carbide metal wood blades are the shiznit and are reserved for specific tasks.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My "vibrator" is Harbor Freight and so are the attachments. You're gonna love it. Anytime you would use a hammer and chisel on wood, it will do it quicker easier and better. Cut the bottom plate out after you frame doorways. For log homes and timberframe joinery, they open all kinds of opportunities. Sanding attachment gets where you never could get before. When I notice mistakes in T&G paneling, I can cut them out and replace them without damage to adjacent pieces. Anywhere you can't get your skilsaw, the vibrator will cut it. Loud as hell, wear earplugs.
and plunge cutting drywall, plywood, scraping caulk and glazing etc etc.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Was an incredible day here today. High 60's and sunny, perfect weather to get the siding project painted. Got the bay windows stripped and re sided the other day. Today did a little more caulking and used my spray rig to made quick work of laying down the paint. Just need to head back to pick up some debris and collect the $. This was a very lucrative project even with the obstacles (steep roof pitch/overgrown shrubbery around bay windows, way out on the lake).

bay1.jpg

bay2.jpg

bay3.jpg

bay4.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The drive after work to jam at my good friends house on Beaver Lake just 9 minutes from the job.

bay5.jpg

bay6.jpg

bay8.jpg

bay9.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

pitw

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
A lot of old railroad ties for corner posts and electric fencing make up for lack of materials....

View attachment 117208
That is the best pic of em all. Really like old places like that as I remember them running. I'm betting there were a few story's come outta that place.
I know if it were mine, I'd tell how Bonnie and Clyde hid out there.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I like it Rusty. Dig the 2 tone.

On another note, might I recommend you have your pooch checked out? :dog:

Gives a whole new meaning to "bright eyed and bushy tailed". :oops:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Got the trim done and doors installed. Waiting on the plumbing fixtures and just starting paint. Guy came to measure for the counter top today with his crazy machine. Tile guys did a good job.

The cabinets were just put in but are opposite the shower area and for some reason I lost the pic.

BEFORE:
smashed cast 0.jpg

bathf4.jpg
bathf.jpg
bathf1.jpg
bathf2.jpg
bathf3.jpg

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
This is the tool they measure to template the counter tops with. It has something like a pen that you touch to the areas you want and it measure and plots for ya. Pretty cool. I wanna say he said it costs about $15k

mac.jpg

Last edited:

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Hey thanks!

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
On a job doing some repairs. Couldn't help but notice this while examining the porches...

1544126049698.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
And the post to deck connection...
1544126154763.png

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Good improvisor, looks like something you would find in W.Tex.
Ironically one of the cleanest executed details on the property!

ttazzman

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
On a job doing some repairs. Couldn't help but notice this while examining the porches...

View attachment 118144
....gutter...... we ran low voltage control wiring in that was called "gutters" for years in plants ..also called "wire trays" .........

this looks like a cosmetic only gutter/gutter or maybe a downspout/gutter application .... :)

actually doesnt look to bad in the pic

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

hoarder

White Member
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Lookin good Horder. Can smell it from here. :)

That pre-finished or the factory glaze?
I put 2 coats of clear satin oil based polyurethane on the boards before I put them up.
The cabinetmaker agreed to do the same to the kitchen cabinets and vanities but I found out he used lacquer instead. Pissed me off.

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
We are level headed and just run with it. If your door don't open today just wait for the frost to move it and away ya go.
"Can't see it from my house."

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Got to see the new bathroom today after the glass and tub install. Quite a difference from before and after. Just waiting for the counter top for the vanity now. Love the feeling of accomplishment these renovation builds bring. The HO are very happy and excited. Been a long time coming after architects and contractors kept dropping the ball.

PS That "soaking tub" cost a couple ounces Au and the faucet (not installed yet) more than half an ounce Au.

Smashed Cast 1.jpg

mb.jpg

FerBath1.jpg

FerBath1.jpg

FerBath3.jpg
FerBath4.jpg