• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

workin man

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Don't be huffing too much stuff without me T.
Those guns are the original hitachi when it were made in Japan.
Notice the Dial above the trigger there. Turn it until it covers those holes and it goes from bump to single fire.
The depth adjustment on those was well thought out and executed imo. Much better than any model change that followed the Na83a2. Every one got cheaper made and had neither of the two features mentioned if memory serves.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Rented a Hilti jackhammer to demo a 1/1 680 sq ft condo floor. What a bitch man. Used a WM Bagster to remove the debris to save $100 over a can. Will be our oceanfront cottage. Kitchen and a/c are new and Blondie is designing everything else.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
That stuff is a lot like work ain't it? Nick they make a wheeled cart for those hammers. Locks out at several angles, holds the weight of the hammer so you don't have ta. Good shit on a job like that. Like how you got after it on the vid Mr.

Mister i didn't flake out and leave you hanging on purpose on that og Hitichti crew post, just got a bunch of crap going on right now and my heart hasn't been in posting lately.

Was set to start a frame job today and pops had a heart attack about 6 this morning, his first.

Had 2 80-90% blockages stinted. Said he watched on a tv screen as they opened up the first one and that he felt better instantly.

Doc says that his heart is a stud. Steady as a clock and is in good shape for a lifelong moker of Marlboro cigs.

Honestly he looks great guys, got color back in his face that's been missing for a time. Seems very peacful, says he's done with cigs and will now be supervising jibs from the cab of the 9duce Silverado.

Maw is staying the night with the old pole cat down there in North Little Rock and I told her when the nurses weren't lookin to make sure the plumbing still works.

She laughed he smiled some.

IMG_1488.JPG

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Went the first week building the peer and beam subfloor without the paw unit. 1900 sq ft, 2x12 triple gurts running 52 feet then 2x10 joist topped with 1 and 1/8th advantec flooring. Heavy stuff but it makes for one heck of a floor.

IMG_1489.JPG

Got pops back last Tuesday and he jumped right back into the mix. Let me tell ya i were glad for it, shit was not the same without him. He seems to be doing really well. Got the walls up, should be setting trusses tomorrow if the sun rises.

IMG_1420.JPG

mayhem

Oh my, Oh my.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Got pops back last Tuesday and he jumped right back into the mix. Let me tell ya i were glad for it, shit was not the same without him. He seems to be doing really well. Got the walls up, should be setting trusses tomorrow if the sun rises.
Keep an eye on him OK? I did the same thing, and was out of the game 2 years later. Tell him if he has any off and on chest pain to tell ya. Intermittent A-Fib is 50/50 after a HA and docks don't tell ya. A-Fib can be controlled. If not it could lead to a stroke. Not trying to scare anybody here, just explaining what happened to me. Otherwise I would still be working everyday.

mayhem

davycoppitt

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
The huge push is over. I'm completely worn out. In the past month

New house
Entire inside painted
New grounded outlets
New carpet and wood floor sanded (only 2 things I hired out)
House cleaned and half of basement demo
Moved all stuff over and am currently living there

Still tons to do, but now I can go at a slower pace

We also painted the entire inside of the old house. Today moved in staging furniture. The photographer will be there tomorrow. We hope to list end of the week. Buddy has staging furniture and a photographer who charges next to nothing. Old house looks like a million bucks, it should bring top dollar.

We love the new house. The neighborhood is night and day vs old. Everybody waves when passing. Two closest neighbors are retired couples and keep an eye on everything which is nice. Super good guys.

Get to see these guys every night

deer.JPG

Last edited:

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Keep an eye on him OK?
That's a Rodger Hemster. I'm gonna try harder to enjoy what time we have left. We've been side by side for twenty years and I didn't enjoy the not having him around to keep me in line.

His dad, pops Sr, worked with us until he was 68 so maybe he's got 10 good years left. He has more energy than he has in years for sure.

Today, up top on a 12 foot wall... not messing around a bit. Doing the damn thang.

IMG_1501.JPG

Several osha violations in that pic.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
That's a Rodger Hemster. I'm gonna try harder to enjoy what time we have left. We've been side by side for twenty years and I didn't enjoy the not having him around to keep me in line.

His dad, pops Sr, worked with us until he was 68 so maybe he's got 10 good years left. He has more energy than he has in years for sure.

Today, up top on a 12 foot wall... not messing around a bit. Doing the damn thang.

View attachment 128571

Several osha violations in that pic.
We know how you keep oshit at bay. Glad your Pops is doing better, wanka. Slap the snit out of him if you see him lighting up again

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Cool trick using ladder to do flooring.
I wondered about that as well...

If your guyses pics post sideways it's because they're too big... too many pixels. I don't know why. 500K bytes is plenty big for a website. Not sure if large pics eats up server storage or not...? Scorp would know.

Some cameras allow you to reduce the pixels automatically... so if you have 10Mp camera you could tell it to only take 1Mp shots. I have an 18Mp raw shot Canon that allows me to take an 18Mp raw and also a 2Mp jpg at the same time. Pretty cool.

If it's your phone, then you might look for an app that does it?

If on a PC, you can fix the size by opening it and right clicking on it. I have MSFT10. Not sure about lesser versions. Used to have a small add on in Power Toys that worked on Sys7 and below really well.

Hope everyone is in good health - Stoned's dad too.... best regards...

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I wondered about that as well...

If your guyses pics post sideways it's because they're too big... too many pixels. I don't know why. 500K bytes is plenty big for a website. Not sure if large pics eats up server storage or not...? Scorp would know.

Some cameras allow you to reduce the pixels automatically... so if you have 10Mp camera you could tell it to only take 1Mp shots. I have an 18Mp raw shot Canon that allows me to take an 18Mp raw and also a 2Mp jpg at the same time. Pretty cool.

If it's your phone, then you might look for an app that does it?

If on a PC, you can fix the size by opening it and right clicking on it. I have MSFT10. Not sure about lesser versions. Used to have a small add on in Power Toys that worked on Sys7 and below really well.

Hope everyone is in good health - Stoned's dad too.... best regards...
My camera makes meg or larger pics. One reason I don't try to post pics. On occasion I have used a photo reducing software program, just don't take many pictures of my work - even rarer that I do much work. Ha!

Those cell phone pics and even my tablet does weird things to pictures I have tried to post or email.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Putting down the ceramic tile in the new condo. Coincidentally, this tile was leftover from another house we did in November. Also have all the thinset and grout to complete the job. The generic clip set cost about $150.
IMG_18371002.jpg
5765216961.jpg
IMG_18371002.jpg
5765216961.jpg

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
concrete block and stucco
Had to look it up.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
IT's a CBS home. They will up from there until the height is reached for the trusses.
Do they build them that way because of termites? That type of construction would be cold as ice up here.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Looks like Silver likes to entertain. Now u gotta stock it.
Stocking will be the easy part - still have a long way to go, started this project at the beginning of this year. Big silver round thing in the background is an Italian wood fired pizza oven (2500lbs) - one room at a time.

This is a commercial project - my recession backup plan, selling vice, while not imbibing myself.

hammerhead

Morphing
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Stocking will be the easy part - still have a long way to go, started this project at the beginning of this year. Big silver round thing in the background is an Italian wood fired pizza oven (2500lbs) - one room at a time.

This is a commercial project - my recession backup plan, selling vice, while not imbibing myself.
I like the way you operate, Mr. Silver Sir.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
More centerline tile pics. Clip system is the only way to go.
View attachment 129113
Nothing harder than laying floors - did brick floors on a mortar bed and then grouted with mortar (2000 sq ft), I thought it would never end. Then did 5000 sq ft of brick on sand outside, much faster, but still beat me up.

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Viva Mexico! Clever idea - those must be 40' rebar?
It's OK. He oiled the spindles before getting on the freeway.