• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

workin man

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The drywallers hung the corner bead with hundreds of Staples. Pita.

Dumpster's coming monday.pita dealing with that and the HOA.
IMG_20200326_134033995.jpg

IMG_20200326_140150063.jpg

IMG_20200326_134345829.jpg
IMG_20200326_134326457.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Glass top stove has a 12" burner whose center went out. I TURNED OFF THE POWER after getting zapped, then removed the clips holding the backing plate up. Easily found the break in the element. I simply took some very fine needle nose plier and bent each end into a hook and then folded and clamped them together. Works great!

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
The nag herself has had me building some desks and built-in adjustable shelf units for her “crafting” room the past few days. Doing this for no pay so no way am I posting pictures of that crap.

Been a really slow few weeks around here but got a call earlier that my frame job was finally poured today so back in business tomorrow if the rain holds out.

Will be good to get back after it, should allow me to put the olde lady’s project on the back burner, again.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Right now I’m a sitting in the truck waiting on the rain to pass man.

Looking forward to being a workin man as soon as this crap moves out.

2CB969E2-C2C4-4904-A8C2-C8EC096233E6.jpeg

First day on the job. Homeowners are here in a downpour trying to start a brush fire, I’m not kidding.
His wife is cute and its quickly becoming a wet tee shirt contest, didn’t get pics.

Yet

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

View attachment 160246

First day on the job. Homeowners are here in a downpour trying to start a brush fire, I’m not kidding.
His wife is cute and its quickly becoming a wet tee shirt contest, didn’t get pics.

Yet
Priorities...pics, then framing.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
what ! No rain suits?

what would you cats do if you were working in Seattle?

i know what I did there for two years , learned how to pour and finish concrete in the rain

otherwise my three rug rats wouldn’t eat....

I hated working in the rain but I had to do it , no sick pay , no paid holidays , no paid personal time , just hard work...

but look at me now!...

Looking forward to the photos Amigo

5C7BF99B-C2C2-4535-B00F-8289D435A763.jpeg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
My buddy is 6'6"... We had a heck of a laugh when he put on his suit to crawl around the crawl space...
IMG_20200316_102811886.jpg

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

View attachment 160246

Yet
Wanka, I've come to expect the vixen with no pictures from Brother 'dial, always figured you'd be ready if/when the opportunity arose. I'm saddened...
Edit: At least you tried, was posting when you posted.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Wanka, I've come to expect the vixen with no pictures from Brother 'dial, always figured you'd be ready if/when the opportunity arose. I'm saddened...
Edit: At least you tried, was posting when you posted.
Bullship! He didn't even run the wipers!

BigJim#1-8

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Not getting out until the rain stops guys
get back to gettin' after it and here comes the rain?
bummer

the power your wife has, might want to tread lightly there :0)

Uncle

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Very funny guys I smiled but Scooter is not easily impressed.

B6D2F75E-A87D-4A56-A9D4-F028B5DF2978.jpeg

Seriously though that’s my new truck. Got it the fifth of last month and then the world went to shit. First time I’ve ever financed a vehicle in my life.

It’s a 2012 Ram 1500 regular cab with the hemi. 59k on the odometer, nice truck, hope I can stay busy and pay for it now.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

View attachment 160511

Seriously though that’s my new truck. Got it the fifth of last month and then the world went to shit. First time I’ve ever financed a vehicle in my life.

It’s a 2012 Ram 1500 regular cab with the hemi. 59k on the odometer, nice truck, hope I can stay busy and pay for it now.
Work always pops up. You and Pops must have a good reputation. What kind of market us out there, Wanka? Is there much competition?

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

View attachment 160511

Looks like ol' Scootie's been hitting the high cheeba again.

stonedywankanobe

.409'er
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Things are still going steady down here Hammers. Lots of people fighting the weather trying to get projects out of the ground. I’ll be on this little house the better part of two weeks then several odd projects after that, that have piled up and came ready about the same time.

Should have a smaller version of the last house I posted in the next month or two.

Yea though, pops and I are known of in the carpenter circles around here. Under normal conditions if I find myself without a project work is usually a phone call or two away. We’ve worked on lots of crews through the years and most of them jump at the chance to have us back around making them money.

As long as the lumber yard stays open we’ll be workin, Rona be dammed.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Things are still going steady down here Hammers. Lots of people fighting the weather trying to get projects out of the ground. I’ll be on this little house the better part of two weeks then several odd projects after that, that have piled up and came ready about the same time.

Should have a smaller version of the last house I posted in the next month or two.

Yea though, pops and I are known of in the carpenter circles around here. Under normal conditions if I find myself without a project work is usually a phone call or two away. We’ve worked on lots of crews through the years and most of them jump at the chance to have us back around making them money.

As long as the lumber yard stays open we’ll be workin, Rona be dammed.
We recently went out and got all of the supplies to finish the house just in case things shutdown.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
stonedywankanobe,
Remember, when all is said and done, all a man really has is his word and his reputation. You & your pops have worked decades to earn that reputation. From what I can see in this thread, it's well deserved.

Here's hoping y'all stay healthy, safe and employed.

Scorpio

Hunter of elusive Beer Virus
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
good move, was waiting to order appliances, then the price went up on the pkg $400, so now I have to try to call them and see what the story is

grrrrr,

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I plan on spending the coming week finishing off my brudders place to get it ready for sale. He has a modular that was set about 11 years ago. For the most part, living area is good to go but basement needs some attention. Looking forward to hanging with him. Things have been somewhat peaceful here. Lot of fed or state funded projects put on hold. It would be criminal to close suppliers.