• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

World’s Coldest Inhabited Village

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
Photographers Travel To World’s Coldest Inhabited Village Where Eyelashes Freeze And Even Thermometer Breaks
Sukriti
May 4, 2017
Coldhealthzap3

Gradually the winter is passing by. This year it almost looks like a chilled spring. So, before winter totally fades away, leaving the endless hot days for us, we bring a peek into the life of the residents of the world’s coldest permanently inhabited place. Sitting on our comfortable couch, this place might seem magical but do the residents of this village feel the same way?
The whole fuzz started when a girl posted her selfie with frozen eyelashes and it got viral. Reporters decided to take a look inside the life of this village and certainly, the results are unbelievable. Winter is not just about snowfall and you’ll know it by the end of this article.
Oymyakon, Russia

Oymyakon is located in Russia’s Sakha Republic. In 1933, Oymyakon, the Siberian village was named as the “coldest inhabited place” of planet Earth after mercury fell to -94 degrees Fahrenheit (-68 Celsius). Located at 63.4608° N, 142.7858° E latitude, it is not too far from the Arctic Circle, just several 100 miles.

Average Cold

This place has always remained distant from the other parts of Russia. The village is known as the “Pole of Cold” and this name goes with the village for its average temperature is -59°F. The collection of photos that these photographers have brought for us from the coldest village on Earth are clearly depicting the extreme weather.

http://healthzap.co/photographers-t...e9051&utm_term=HOMEPAGE_US&utm_content=1&sp=2

ErrosionOfAccord

#1 Global Warmer
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Hate click bait but that was pretty neat. I’ve recently been giving some very serious thought to working at the Red Dog mine. It’s located above the arctic circle in Alaska. Two weeks on two weeks off, fly in fly out. I treasure my time off so it doesn’t sound so bad to me.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Ya know it's funny people think Michigan is so cold but it can't compare to a lot of Minnesota, either Dakota's or Montana when it comes to really mean cold that lasts a long time. Even the big bad U.P., sure it gets a ton of snow because of the Great Lakes but bone splitting cold, meh, not so much. I have spent weeks at a time snowmobiling up there and rarely was it too cold to go out and ride all day.

You want consistent mean assed cold look at Edmonton Canada. It's 40 below more often than it's 10 below in winter and there's well over a million people living all over the area. And they don't live like Eskimo's or hide out all day they go on about their lives!

Shit like that makes me laugh when the schools and businesses all close here when it's -25 for a couple days and the script readers on the "news" all freak out and tell the sheep if they wander outside they will most certainly die.

Anastasia Gruzdeva

https://www.instagram.com/anastasiagav/?hl=en

Last edited:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
if they wander outside they will most certainly die.
yeah, nowadays they close schools around here 'cause the little animals can't possibly survive waiting for a bus or ?

we have had such a global warming winter that they are adding 7 days on to the end of the year to make up for the missed required indoctrination days.

Irons

Deep Sixed
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
yeah, nowadays they close schools around here 'cause the little animals can't possibly survive waiting for a bus or ?

we have had such a global warming winter that they are adding 7 days on to the end of the year to make up for the missed required indoctrination days.
Heh, here too. What was funny is they call off school and all the shops close because it's soooo bad out, and then that day turned out to freaking mild compared to what came after. For weeks.

Starting to melt here finally. My dog and I are chopping and using salt to make drain channels in my yard and driveway today. The entire place is the thickest glacier I can ever remember having in 19 years of living here. I can usually keep the driveway clear to the asphalt all winter. Not this year!

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Hate click bait but that was pretty neat. I’ve recently been giving some very serious thought to working at the Red Dog mine. It’s located above the arctic circle in Alaska. Two weeks on two weeks off, fly in fly out. I treasure my time off so it doesn’t sound so bad to me.
I knew someone who worked that schedule on the North Slope years ago. He said a lot of guys there stayed in Hawaii on their time off since it was relatively close. I worked in the Gulf seven on seven off for 15 years, lived in Texas and liked the schedule.

Thecrensh

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm going to go out on a limb and state that I don't think some of those photos come from Oymyakon...check out the place on Google Maps. It doesn't have a bridge and not many buildings. Does have a "pole of cold" though.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...f621cd31f6c885c0!8m2!3d63.464138!4d142.773727

Correction - it has a small wooden bridge with no railings like the photo in the story. There's also a lot of muskeg around, which means trillions of mosquitos in the Summer...

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Winter wheat is starting to green up.
Geese are flying north. - Ohio
57 degrees here and the granddaughters snow man is melted into the yard.

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The dead have to be stored until the spring so the ground can be dug to bury 'em
No refrigeration needed for that, just a storage shed and some toe tags

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Ha! I love these pictures.

I'm a sucker for Eastern European/Russian girls. So many are very intelligent, hearty, not spoiled and know the real values of life and aren't afraid to get dirty while still trending to modern fashion.

Here's me and my Polish girls from ago at Acadia National Park.
11 (8).JPG

Buck

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Thank God for 40 Below
:secret:

hardmoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter

I work a job like that in Juneau, not a bad gig, the time off is nice...