• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Would he really try this, Trump tax breaks...

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/ivana-trump-buried-near-first-063603337.html
  • Ivana Trump was buried near the first hole of Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey.
  • Tax code in New Jersey exempts cemetery land from all taxes, rates, and assessments.
  • Under the code, the gravesite of the former president's ex-wife may have tax implications for his golf business.
The location of Ivana Trump's grave — near the first hole of the golf course at Trump National Golf Club — may have tax implications for the business owned by the former president.

Interesting to see this blowing up TikTok.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tax code in New Jersey exempts cemetery land from all taxes, rates, and assessments.
You come across as though he wrote and enacted that law himself.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
  • Ivana Trump was buried near the first hole of Trump National Golf Club in New Jersey.
  • Tax code in New Jersey exempts cemetery land from all taxes, rates, and assessments.
  • Under the code, the gravesite of the former president's ex-wife may have tax implications for his golf business.
The location of Ivana Trump's grave — near the first hole of the golf course at Trump National Golf Club — may have tax implications for the business owned by the former president.

Well it was his first hole, I mean wife so seems appropriate.

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
so, he'd get the benefits from a surface area of approximately what? mausoleum and the whole she-bang, the size of a house?

and for that plot, out of the rest of that estate would save him on taxes...a few thousand a year?

. . .as if .gov hasn't screwed us all out of hundreds of thousands of dollars, last year alone

trivial iyam

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You come across as though he wrote and enacted that law himself.
That nice man has an army of accountants looking for loopholes, in any case, what a taxbreak...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
That nice man has an army of accountants looking for loopholes
As well he should. Do you ignore parts of the tax code that would save you money?

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Tax code in New Jersey exempts cemetery land from all taxes, rates, and assessments.
Though they'd like to try, you can't tax the dead now can you?

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
maybe hes trying to get back some of the frn he used to keep his ex wife in the lap of luxury.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I’m sure trump has a few things to hide, but I’m far more concerned about Nancy Pelosi and her husband.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That nice man has an army of accountants looking for loopholes, in any case, what a taxbreak...
I'm not looking it up but I figure the tax break only involves the land space to the perimeter of the Cemetery itself, not the entire golf course that CHINK-Tok has their pink panties in a wad about.

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Who the fuk cares about any of this? This sin't news, its divisive propaganda. The media propaganda is a poison and a pox on us all and needs to be stopped!!

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I'm not looking it up but I figure the tax break only involves the land space to the perimeter of the Cemetery itself, not the entire golf course that CHINK-Tok has their pink panties in a wad about.
Of course non of it's true....its propaganda. I'll bet if someone bothered to do the research there would be holes in this story big enough that you could sail an aircraft carrier through them

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Instead of moaning about this, why not buy land and declare it a cemetary, bury a few squirrels and voila.

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Start an atheist/cheapo cemetery with no headstones or other markings and run a cattle ranch on top of it...once you are dead do you care?

Rollie Free

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Yahoo is not a legitimate news source. There's a lot of it about.

Some body somewhere just kind of postulated this and now the fake news industry is all over it

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Yahoo News is good at not giving a complete or accurate picture of things sometimes. It seems they didn't mention this:

"The break applies as long as the plot of land is less than 10 acres. The designated land at Bedminster is 1.5 acres, meaning any tax exemption wouldn't apply to the entirety of the golf club."

source:

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yahoo News is good at not giving a complete or accurate picture of things sometimes. It seems they didn't mention this:

"The break applies as long as the plot of land is less than 10 acres. The designated land at Bedminster is 1.5 acres, meaning any tax exemption wouldn't apply to the entirety of the golf club."

source:
Still, in Tax heavy states, that is a nice deduction, and when you want to develop the land, just move her to wherever.

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still, in Tax heavy states, that is a nice deduction, and when you want to develop the land, just move her to wherever.
If the law allows it, so tf what?

What you need to be asking is, why did the State make a law like that to begin with?
...and then complain if anyone uses it?

It's like insinuating that Trump did something terrible by asking Pence to send the Electors packing, but at the same time having to change the law that would have allowed it.

Why create a law that no is expected to use? It's insanity.
....but then again, all the "orange man bad" bs was/is based in insanity.

andial

Stable Republican
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Since the PGA and LIV are at war with each other now Trump should start attacking the PGA's bullshit tax exempt status even if just for show.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
A lady exclaimed how she wanted to see DJT's tax returns. Perhaps she didn't take into consideration that the IRS has been crawling up his ass forever.
The same lady probably go to a tax preparer to do a 1040. I doubt she could read all the hundreds of pages from his 500 plus companies let alone interpret them and find any errors.

Fatrat

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Still, if I bury my mom on my property, it becomes untaxed if I live in N.J.? Yes I'll wait till she is gone.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
The same lady probably go to a tax preparer to do a 1040. I doubt she could read all the hundreds of pages from his 500 plus companies let alone interpret them and find any errors.
Our Congress critter Rich Neal was pushing that at the time. He's also a Green New Deal proponent.

EO 11110

stop (them) now
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
sounds like an msnbc/communist fairy tale

arminius

Argentate Bluster
Eagle
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Though they'd like to try, you can't tax the dead now can you?
fascinating subject...

legal way out of court.jpg