• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Yellowstone River Flooding

UcoOnca

Seeker
Reaction score

viking

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Climate Change strikes again, right andial?

the_shootist

Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Floods happen across the planet every day!

agcoacres

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
They’re calling it a 500 year flood up here. 7 bridges washed out in Carbon County alone. Cabins floating down the Stillwater and houses falling in the Yellowstone. Had 4’ of fresh snow in the mountains two weeks ago then 3 days of rain. Epic happenings for this neck of the woods.

Fiat Metaler

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
They’re calling it a 500 year flood up here.

Those happen every so often, lol.

I saw some areial footage of the Yellowstone river and how it washed away the road bed in multiple places. That park and those roads were established 150 years ago, or earlier, even if they weren't paved. In many places there is no ground left to even rebuild a road. Point being that this was a very rare event and not something caused by everyday higher temperatures.

The damage is extensive. Its going to take a long time effect repairs and its not like there is much of a labor force nearby. Plus, they are at elevation and can only work part of the year.

Yellowstone is a great park and if you haven't seen it it should be on your bucket list. But I would not expect them to be open for business this year or next year.

agcoacres

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Those happen every so often, lol.

I saw some areial footage of the Yellowstone river and how it washed away the road bed in multiple places. That park and those roads were established 150 years ago, or earlier, even if they weren't paved. In many places there is no ground left to even rebuild a road. Point being that this was a very rare event and not something caused by everyday higher temperatures.

The damage is extensive. Its going to take a long time effect repairs and its not like there is much of a labor force nearby. Plus, they are at elevation and can only work part of the year.

Yellowstone is a great park and if you haven't seen it it should be on your bucket list. But I would not expect them to be open for business this year or next year.

YNP is literally in my backyard, as is the Beartooth Highway. I was born in Red Lodge and have lived all of my life, except 6 years, in Carbon County. The Park is full of Asians and Indians these days…

EO 11110

(censor) from a long line of (censors)
Survivor
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score
they have to dump the water somewhere. this is part of the heat/drought (they) are building over the center/east center of the country

in a month or so we'll be reading about crop/cattle destruction for those areas