• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Yep, This Is Probably How Most Of Us Die

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Yep, This Is Probably How Most Of Us Die​

BY JOHN RUBINO ◆ OCTOBER 14, 2021

There’s a popular video series on YouTube that chronicles the evolution of robot-maker Boston Dynamics’ creations. Not so long ago these things had trouble walking up stairs. Now they dance better than the average white guy.

Reaction to this warp-speed progress seems to be split between “That’s adorable!” and “Oh my God, we’re all gonna die.”

Both can be true, of course. But the latter take just got more realistic. From Australian journalist Caitlin Johnstone:

Oh Great They’re Putting Guns On Robodogs Now

So hey they’ve started mounting sniper rifles on robodogs, which is great news for anyone who was hoping they’d start mounting sniper rifles on robodogs.​
At an exhibit booth in the Association of the United States Army’s annual meeting and exhibition, Ghost Robotics (the military-friendly competitor to the better-known Boston Dynamics) proudly showed off a weapon that is designed to attach to its quadruped bots made by a company called SWORD Defense Systems.​
“The SWORD Defense Systems Special Purpose Unmanned Rifle (SPUR) was specifically designed to offer precision fire from unmanned platforms such as the Ghost Robotics Vision-60 quadruped,” SWORD proclaims on its website. “Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor allows for precision fire out to 1200m, the SPUR can similarly utilize 7.62×51 NATO cartridge for ammunition availability. Due to its highly capable sensors the SPUR can operate in a magnitude of conditions, both day and night. The SWORD Defense Systems SPUR is the future of unmanned weapon systems, and that future is now.”​
At one point in the video a Senior Master Sergeant explains to the host how these robodogs can be affixed with all kinds of equipment like communications systems, explosive ordnance disposal attachments, gear to test for chemicals and radiation, and the whole time you’re listening to him list things off you’re thinking “Guns. Yeah guns. You can attach guns to them, why don’t you just say that?”​
And we may be looking at a not-too-distant future in which unmanned weapons systems are sought out by wealthy civilians as well.​

Lest you think that last bit about rich people building their own private robot armies is just hyperbole, Johnstone goes on to quote from a 2018 article by professor Douglas Rushkoff titled “Survival of the Richest.” Rushkoff claimed to have been engaged by a group of hedge fund billionaires to figure out how to protect their doomsday bunkers when (not if) the world descends into chaos.

The biggest challenge was how to create — and then control — a security force.
“This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers — if that technology could be developed in time.”​

Now that that technology has indeed been developed, you may be wondering what a world full of armed robots would look like. Well, wonder no more. A British TV series called Black Mirror sketched it out nicely in an episode titled “Metalhead” where “dogs” – armed autonomous robots that look eerily like the above Ghost Robotics Vision-60 quadruped – have gone feral and wiped out most of humanity, leaving the survivors to scrounge in the shadows for whatever is left.

Silvergun

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

So hey they’ve started mounting sniper rifles on robodogs, which is great news for anyone who was hoping they’d start mounting sniper rifles on robodogs.At an exhibit booth in the Association of the United States Army’s annual meeting and exhibition, Ghost Robotics (the military-friendly competitor to the better-known Boston Dynamics) proudly showed off a weapon that is designed to attach to its quadruped bots made by a company called SWORD Defense Systems.“The SWORD Defense Systems Special Purpose Unmanned Rifle (SPUR) was specifically designed to offer precision fire from unmanned platforms such as the Ghost Robotics Vision-60 quadruped,” SWORD proclaims on its website. “Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor allows for precision fire out to 1200m, the SPUR can similarly utilize 7.62×51 NATO cartridge for ammunition availability. Due to its highly capable sensors the SPUR can operate in a magnitude of conditions, both day and night. The SWORD Defense Systems SPUR is the future of unmanned weapon systems, and that future is now.”

Im telling you guys.

There are certain episodes of Black Mirror you need to watch. Its a sneak preview of whats to come, IMO. Implants, transhumanism, AI, technology and matter. All sorts of scary shit. From implants that record everything you view with checkpoint at airports that make you replay your last 48 hours to the very robot dog hunting down people in a post apocalyptic world.

Inigma

Seeker
Reaction score
There are some bright youngsters out there that may have an answer to some of these challenges.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I don't believe that the video in the OP is for real.

Has anyone yet witnessed such dancing robots in person?

And yes, robots have vulnerabilities.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

You may not believe it but if you had been following what Boston Dynamics is developing, you would believe...

Inigma

Seeker
Reaction score
Scary part is someone announced they had plans to create the "Skynet".

Anyone ready for time travel?

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I've been watching BD videos for years.

I've also seen the Star Wars movies.

You may not believe it but if you had been following what Boston Dynamics is developing, you would believe...

What I am asking is:

Does anyone have first-hand experience, as in watching robots dance like Fred Astair, running up and down walls, etc.

Anyone?

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Just a year ago, Boston Dynamics was saying, publicly, that their products were NOT going to be used for warfare or police purposes. Just a big NO. They actually legally intervened when one of the cities hit by Bwak oLives Matter, used a robot dog to go into riot zones - WITH A CAMERA, to get details that weren't apparent from police barricades.

This week they appear with guns on their back. And those mechanical hominds - that's apparently a new product. Terrific.

That said...it's not gonna be how "most of us die." The first casualties, sure.

Then, logistics, supplies, parts, come into factor.

Why didn't the Viet Cong fight with jet fighters or MOAB bombs? Maybe because they didn't HAVE any?

Boston Dynamics does this for money. Lots of money. When the Untied Skates fragments in war, that CTL+P money is gonna be worthless.

And power grids will be vulnerable. And food scarce. And the fight will be taken to streets, everywhere.

Boston Dynamics will be a set of locked-up offices. And who wins the coming war, will be the most-fierce. Not the soyboi with the most robot controllers.

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Scary part is someone announced they had plans to create the "Skynet".

Anyone ready for time travel?
Elon Musk has plans for a grid of satellites around the earth

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Elon Musk has plans for a grid of satellites around the earth

You mean the ones they have been launching the past few years? Yea, already there.

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
You mean the ones they have been launching the past few years? Yea, already there.

A constellation of low-earth orbiting 5G satellites.

Thus, the control grid is in place.

I just keep thinking that these robot canines and bi-peds will require frequent charging, and they can be hacked.

Maybe they CAN dance, and they can also be snared, tangled and trapped.

Can they stand up to Ma Deuce and Willie Pete?

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

BY JOHN RUBINO ◆ OCTOBER 14, 2021

There’s a popular video series on YouTube that chronicles the evolution of robot-maker Boston Dynamics’ creations. Not so long ago these things had trouble walking up stairs. Now they dance better than the average white guy.

Reaction to this warp-speed progress seems to be split between “That’s adorable!” and “Oh my God, we’re all gonna die.”

Both can be true, of course. But the latter take just got more realistic. From Australian journalist Caitlin Johnstone:

So hey they’ve started mounting sniper rifles on robodogs, which is great news for anyone who was hoping they’d start mounting sniper rifles on robodogs.​
At an exhibit booth in the Association of the United States Army’s annual meeting and exhibition, Ghost Robotics (the military-friendly competitor to the better-known Boston Dynamics) proudly showed off a weapon that is designed to attach to its quadruped bots made by a company called SWORD Defense Systems.​
“The SWORD Defense Systems Special Purpose Unmanned Rifle (SPUR) was specifically designed to offer precision fire from unmanned platforms such as the Ghost Robotics Vision-60 quadruped,” SWORD proclaims on its website. “Chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor allows for precision fire out to 1200m, the SPUR can similarly utilize 7.62×51 NATO cartridge for ammunition availability. Due to its highly capable sensors the SPUR can operate in a magnitude of conditions, both day and night. The SWORD Defense Systems SPUR is the future of unmanned weapon systems, and that future is now.”​
At one point in the video a Senior Master Sergeant explains to the host how these robodogs can be affixed with all kinds of equipment like communications systems, explosive ordnance disposal attachments, gear to test for chemicals and radiation, and the whole time you’re listening to him list things off you’re thinking “Guns. Yeah guns. You can attach guns to them, why don’t you just say that?”​
And we may be looking at a not-too-distant future in which unmanned weapons systems are sought out by wealthy civilians as well.​

Lest you think that last bit about rich people building their own private robot armies is just hyperbole, Johnstone goes on to quote from a 2018 article by professor Douglas Rushkoff titled “Survival of the Richest.” Rushkoff claimed to have been engaged by a group of hedge fund billionaires to figure out how to protect their doomsday bunkers when (not if) the world descends into chaos.

The biggest challenge was how to create — and then control — a security force.
“This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers — if that technology could be developed in time.”​

Now that that technology has indeed been developed, you may be wondering what a world full of armed robots would look like. Well, wonder no more. A British TV series called Black Mirror sketched it out nicely in an episode titled “Metalhead” where “dogs” – armed autonomous robots that look eerily like the above Ghost Robotics Vision-60 quadruped – have gone feral and wiped out most of humanity, leaving the survivors to scrounge in the shadows for whatever is left.

My Brother sent me this a couple of months ago. I see TERMINATOR / SKYNET future. Our kids and their kids have hard times ahead. I'm glad I'm closer to leaving this world than starting and making my way.
Been Thinking of trading my M4 for a 50 cal. Barrett.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Just a year ago, Boston Dynamics was saying, publicly, that their products were NOT going to be used for warfare or police purposes. Just a big NO.

Just a thought, if they are affordable enough that the police can mass implement them then we can buy them. If we can get them they will be hacked. Kinda like having a gun in a way... this is a can of worms. Could become an arms race!

Imagine criminal groups with hacked battlebots that do home invasions for them... or something similar.

The law is way behind the potential here!

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Boston Dynamics will be a set of locked-up offices. And who wins the coming war, will be the most-fierce. Not the soyboi with the most robot controllers.
Where the FOQUE did Boston Dynamics think their funding came from ? It may came from a different address but it was military all the way.

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
what will a laser do to one of those tin cans?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
what will a laser do to one of those tin cans?
I wonder if they can withstand a 30.06 or 8mm Mauser round...or two or three or four?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Where the FOQUE did Boston Dynamics think their funding came from ? It may came from a different address but it was military all the way.
Black ops

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Yep that'd be the ones, it's not quite done...

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
A constellation of low-earth orbiting 5G satellites.

Thus, the control grid is in place.

I just keep thinking that these robot canines and bi-peds will require frequent charging, and they can be hacked.

Maybe they CAN dance, and they can also be snared, tangled and trapped.

Can they stand up to Ma Deuce and Willie Pete?
Just remember, they too will fight and have weapons we only dream about. They also have absolutely no emotion, not directed or ordered just programed. It won't be a cake walk.

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
Just remember, they too will fight and have weapons we only dream about. They also have absolutely no emotion, not directed or ordered just programed. It won't be a cake walk.

Not saying it will be a cake walk; only that machines have vulnerabilities, such as human support requirements.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I have no idea what the demand is for robots, or what laundry the BD funding checks are coming from; but I actually can think of a few uses for these robots.

As well, they're a demonstration project. Build them TO build them; to learn how. So they can do rescue, or geological survey; or even unarmed private-property security. Blow one up 10x and you have an off-road vehicle that can't be beat...one that walks like a horse, except that you're sitting in its guts.

Not arguing, but I don't know.

Now it may be that BD's denial was simply for public consumption, for gullible fools like me...

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score

Buck

Where'd My Country Go?
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
It would need to be a pretty powerful laser.
not necessarily...multiple million candle watt power flashlights and some mirrors might work also...

those run on car batteries, 12v iirc and mirrors can be hung on trees...

edit to add: a 20v lithium battery would probably do the trick for several minutes / hours of light

but i did post laser...

chris_is_here

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Lots of vulnerabilities....a simple Molotov cocktail would do the job, the extreme heat would short that thing out in a heartbeat.
I'm pretty sure 7.62 x 39 ammo could blow a hole in it.
How about a Bengal Tiger Trap? Could it detect a well-disguised whole in the ground?
They're just machines, nothing more.

wastrel

rather annoying
Reaction score
When they start churning out ones that look like the Austin Powers' fembots, then I'll worry.

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
They seem to be defying gravity with those slow landing jumps. It all looks Hollywood virtual reality-esque to me.

Which is why I asked if anyone has seen one live, like at a trade-show or exhibit.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Which is why I asked if anyone has seen one live, like at a trade-show or exhibit.
There is a video at a trade show too.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score

Well, they're in the business of selling those things.

If they fill orders, and the robots can't do what they're said to do...word gets out, fast.

AurumAg

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score

hardmoney

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
That was fake

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
In Broadlands Va there are acres upon acres of mega computer farms being erected.
My daughter said it's the cloud but I dunno. WTF is the cloud and who would fund 100 of millions or even billions of dollars worth of "cloud" All of them are wrapped in fencing and seldom more than a car or 2 there.
The locals are talking about it because they clearcut 20-40 acres or more at a time and huge amounts of wildlife are being displaced. This is in Louden county VA.
I don't back anything up in the cloud but if I did I think it would do it for free. So why would someone build so much computer storage space to give it away for free? Maybe there is more to the story that I don't understand but seems suspicious to me.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
total information awareness.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
In Broadlands Va there are acres upon acres of mega computer farms being erected.
My daughter said it's the cloud but I dunno. WTF is the cloud and who would fund 100 of millions or even billions of dollars worth of "cloud" All of them are wrapped in fencing and seldom more than a car or 2 there.
The locals are talking about it because they clearcut 20-40 acres or more at a time and huge amounts of wildlife are being displaced. This is in Louden county VA.
I don't back anything up in the cloud but if I did I think it would do it for free. So why would someone build so much computer storage space to give it away for free? Maybe there is more to the story that I don't understand but seems suspicious to me.
Storage/suction for/of government data.

On you. People like you.

Little People.

Who need to be "managed."

Inigma

Seeker
Reaction score
Louden county seems to be popping up a lot lately. Just an observation.

Goldhedge

Retired
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I wonder if they'll survive an EMP?